Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

IMO Gegard is still a top 5 LHW, and King Mo is the real deal. Strikeforce has a star with Jake Shields, and Aoki was a DREAM product. In reality Strikeforce came out for the better.

Oh wait, someone got jumped on national television.

:rofl:g:

Can't wait to see what SF does next though, UFC needs some competition in the US.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

40 bucks a ticket for 2nd row upper level...bad or good?

pretty good, it sounds about right. no guarantees, but dana white usually gives out some really good seats by following his twitter

Got my tickets....hyped
pimp.gif

I'm still contemplating if I should go to UFC 113. I have so many things lined up for the summer that I dont know if I can come up with the funds
frown.gif

there's packages that I think are fair (considering the prices of hotels around UFC night).

2 NIGHTS STAY – DOWNTOWN MONTREAL – DELTA HOTEL
1 – 200 LEVEL – UFC 113 TICKET
$449.99+GST PER PERSON
(BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY)
Nights Stay (Friday Night + Saturday Night)
May 7th + May 8th 2010

SINGLE - UFC 113 Hotel + 200 Level Ticket - $529.99+GST /PP
DOUBLE - UFC 113 Hotel + 200 Level Ticket - $449.99+GST /PP
TRIPLE - UFC 113 Hotel + 200 Level Ticket - $399.99+GST /PP
QUAD - UFC 113 Hotel + 200 Level Ticket - $349.99+GST /PP

Originally Posted by shogun

I read about Kid on cagepotato.  He's fallen off hard.  Him and Faber were the top two featherweights in the world and now he's fighting on a Strikeforce undercard.
tired.gif

Anyone else watch the Countdown to Aldo - Faber?  They interviewed Dana and Rogan but the president of the WEC and commentators weren't even shown on the show.  Rogan and Goldie will be announcing the 2 title fights as well.  Seems like disrespect to me but I know they're doing it to pull in the UFC fans.

i know zuffa owns wec as well.  Just seems like they used dana and rogan like they do on all their countdowns to promote the fight, especially since its on ppv.  Dana has been introduced as the president to ufc and wec before. The "president" for wec is reed harris.  I guess dana acts as the ceo, either way i dont find it disrespectful, just more hype to buy the ppv.  

Crazy that kid has fallen, i know he was talking to dana last year about the ufc but i guess that fell through. 

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Debating whether or not to get tickets to Faber/Aldo on Sat..Do you guys think the fight would be worth it?
That whole card is worth it.

Indeed. Definitely a great card to make your PPV debut with

How bad of a view will I have on the upper level? Like I said, it's 2 rows back..Are the fights usually projected up on screens?

The fights are usually projected on the big screen/scoreboard. You actually get a better view of the cage and the fight being in the upper deck. I remember being on the floor at the Sundome, and staring at the big screen practically all night. It was tough watching the fight through the cage with people heads and hands moving. 

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Originally Posted by shogun

I read about Kid on cagepotato.  He's fallen off hard.  Him and Faber were the top two featherweights in the world and now he's fighting on a Strikeforce undercard.
tired.gif

Anyone else watch the Countdown to Aldo - Faber?  They interviewed Dana and Rogan but the president of the WEC and commentators weren't even shown on the show.  Rogan and Goldie will be announcing the 2 title fights as well.  Seems like disrespect to me but I know they're doing it to pull in the UFC fans.

i know zuffa owns wec as well.  Just seems like they used dana and rogan like they do on all their countdowns to promote the fight, especially since its on ppv.  Dana has been introduced as the president to ufc and wec before. The "president" for wec is reed harris.  I guess dana acts as the ceo, either way i dont find it disrespectful, just more hype to buy the ppv.  

Crazy that kid has fallen, i know he was talking to dana last year about the ufc but i guess that fell through. 
As long as the UFC uses Brittany Palmer as their ring girl on Saturday night. It doesn't bother me that they are using the UFC to push the WEC event.

Crazy about Kid and Faber, one time that was the dream match at 145, the talk that it was going to be the first WEC headline PPV. 

How bad of a view will I have on the upper level? Like I said, it's 2 rows back..Are the fights usually projected up on screens?

I think those tickets might be preferable...and yeah they project the fight on the screens.
I'm planning on covering the weigh-in tomorrow for the blog.  Hit me up if you're in attendance.  

Originally Posted by Burn916

I think those tickets might be preferable...and yeah they project the fight on the screens.
I'm planning on covering the weigh-in tomorrow for the blog.  Hit me up if you're in attendance.  

I might roll, depending on how tired I am getting off of work..If I do I'll hit you up..Link to your blog?

I've sat lower bowl for the last two WEC shows at Arco, and sat in the upper level at UFC 102 in Portland, and I can pretty much say that if you aren't sitting on the floor (aka The Ryan Loco seats) or the first 10 rows in the lower bowl, you're going to end up watching the fights on the big screens.

I'll be in the house Saturday afternoon at Arco as well.  Sacramento loves them some Urijah Faber.  The crowd goes straight menso for him.  It's awesome.

I got there at 2:45 and only got this close for a 4:00 start 
laugh.gif

(having embed problems)

Was going to go but it would have been almost near the weigh in so I decided not to...What would be a good time to show up today? I 'm not trying to watch all 10 fights..

You should watch all 10 fights...it would be worth your money. Almost every fight has the potential to be a great fight.

If not, definitely get there by like 5 IMO.

So it seems I will not be able to do the usually and watch it with a bunch of my friends at a house.

What are some good streams? Everytime I check in here after I hear good things about Sopcast not going down, info?

Back
Top Bottom