Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

•Roy Nelson vs. Stefan Struve

We finally get to see UFCs infamous gut (since Chuck's) on the Octagon
pimp.gif
Crazy on how Roy used to be somewhat "lean" but who cares now, he gets the job done. The power is in the gut
pimp.gif

man i HOPE Roy gets KO'ed...

$##%%+$ terrible fighter.. lays his gut on ppl and ground and pound...

Another lay n pray win for GSP. Boring as hell, like always.

On to UFC 112
pimp.gif
with real fighters, BJ and Anderson.

I'm just disappointed in the lack of killer instinct from GSP. Try to tell me he couldn't have broken Hardy's arm and I will show you otherwise.

Can someone explain everyones fascination with GSP vs. Silva? I understand that Silva is great at all aspects of MMA, BUT.... GSP will just run a similar gameplan as he does to all his fights vs. above average strikers. He refuses to take any serious risk and performs complete wrestling/ground domination. GSP by decision or submission.

And im a silva fan

Originally Posted by iceman7920

Can someone explain everyones fascination with GSP vs. Silva? I understand that Silva is great at all aspects of MMA, BUT.... GSP will just run a similar gameplan as he does to all his fights vs. above average strikers. He refuses to take any serious risk and performs complete wrestling/ground domination. GSP by decision or submission.

And im a silva fan
Wow.

You're entitled to your opinion and all, but Anderson Silva is a HUGE middleweight.  GSP would need to change his body significantly to come close to even sniffing the kind of strength Anderson Silva brings to the table. GSP walks around at 190.  Anderson Silva walks at around 220. GSP wouldn't have the athletic advantage he has against other WWs.

I don't know why everybody thinks this is the fight we need to see, either. I don't think it's a good match up.  Give GSP someone else at MW to make me believe he can be as dominant.   THEN talk to me about Anderson Silva.

I'd rather see both GSP and Silva separately move up in weight class...try their luck at 185 and 205, respectively. Now that would shake things up a bit.

I see this as a possibility, especially if Machida loses his belt.

Carwin is BEAST. I had Mir winning but greg jackson came in with a beautiful game plan, clinching up with Mir and using dirty boxing to attack with those bricks/hammers he calls fists. Can't wait for this fight with Lesnar now. GSP didn't disappoint me but jackson did in this fight. Don't pass guard? Come on, it's not like Hardy has any decent wrestling or BJJ skills. Much respect to Hardy for not tapping, true warrior heart. And please don't let Fitch fight GSP again....just please no.

I agree with Burn916 with regards to Silva and GSP advancing to the next weight class though I don't see GSP getting comfortable doing a 185lb fight at this point. I'd like to see him doing a catch weight fight first . The guy's been used to fighting smaller guys and it's a bigger transition for him moving up than Anderson @ 205.

and why the hate for Roy?!
mad.gif
he's having a fairy tale story right now. I'd like to show his jits in his 1st fight.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

"Thats not a real belt he's wearing"

-Brock Lesnar
funny how he says that, but when he won the interim belt, he really thought he was the champ 
Fail.

Brock beat Randy for the actual title.  The Mir/Nog fight was for the Interim.

Brock/Mir II was the unification.

It's weird that a lot of people are saying how boring GSP's fights have become, and how somehow he didn't do everything he could to win.  Almost as if it were a "lay n' pray" type of victory. GSP continually stayed active on top, continued to advance his position, and went to finish the fight at every opportunity he had.  I was entertained as hell from that fight.  I don't know if maybe I just look for different things and get a different level of entertainment from watching MMA fights, but I can't believe some of the stuff I've been reading on the Internet.  If you watched this match and the Shields/Mayhem fight and compared the two, you'd probably be able to see how I saw it the way I did.

That was a Greg Jackson special, strategic to the smallest detail.  And GSP executed it perfectly.   Not every fight can be what Jim Ross would refer to as a "slobber-knocker". You can't be the champ AND be reckless at the same time.  There's too much to lose.

FML

That was my first time seeing GSP fight and i thought his performance was
pimp.gif

I mean it's all good seeing a n' head get blown off but i'm a sucker for technique and athleticism and that guy is very impressive.

Originally Posted by Timetravelinn

any word on rampage and evans?
Rampage and Evans official for May 29th. Plus Rampage signed a six fight deal so he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

Originally Posted by Timetravelinn

any word on rampage and evans?
Rampage and Evans official for May 29th. Plus Rampage signed a six fight deal so he's not going anywhere anytime soon.
pimp.gif

I was checking the forthcoming UFC events and you MMA purists out there will be glad to hear that Kimbo will be fighting Matt Mitrione at 113
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Won me $20 in bar bets over the Mir fight
smokin.gif

Kept telling anyone who would listen that Carwin was gonna TKO him in the 1st.

GSP did exactly what I knew he would do and that was use his biggest STRENTGH to dominate a lesser Hardy.

I'm with the minority on this one, GSP's dominance & technique on the ground is beautiful to watch.

Really anxious to see how well Gomi performs Wednesday night. As much as I dislike Florian, he knows how to win.

MAIN CARD

Kenny Florian vs. Takanori Gomi
Roy Nelson vs. Stefan Struve
Nate Quarry vs. Jorge Rivera
Ross Pearson vs. Dennis Siver

PRELIMINARY CARD

•Rafaello Oliveira vs. Andre Winner
Ronys Torres vs. Jacob Volkmann
Rob Emerson vs. Nik Lentz
Gleison Tibau vs. Caol Uno
•Lucio Linhares vs. Yushin Okami
Gerald Harris vs. Mario Miranda
•Charlie Brenneman vs. Jason High

MAIN CARD

•Kenny Florian vs. Takanori Gomi (I would love to see Gomi win, but I have a feeling that Florian's new camp will do him wonders)
•Roy Nelson vs. Stefan Struve 
•Nate Quarry vs. Jorge Rivera
•Ross Pearson vs. Dennis Siver (This is a toss up for me...Just saw Siver fight for the first time on Unleashed...spinning heel kick TKO 
sick.gif
)

If I could bet on the Yushin Okami undercard fight, I'd probably wager my house on Okami.

Ever since the Fireball kid signed Ive been amped for his fight. Its going to be Gomi with his hand raised. He's seasoned and scrappy. It will Gomi Nelson Nate and Ross. Nelson and Struve lol short fat guy vs. Tall skinny guy. Should be a good night of fights.

I just don't see any way Gomi can win this fight. Terrible style match-up for him. I REALLY dislike Florian, I can't emphasize that enough. :/

I got gomi by tko after a nice left.
pimp.gif

Been a fan of Gomi's since 04' and i been waiting for this for ages...
the last pride champ must do work.
devil.gif

Florian is tough but hes not going to win. Gomis a vet, a legend, and he really looks focused now. I believe in him.

Well see what happens.
grin.gif
devil.gif

Gomi is one of my favorite fighters but he hasn't looked impressive in years.  Florian is the 2nd best lightweight in the UFC and has only gotten better since his loss to BJ.  It'll be interesting to see if Gomi will use some of his wrestling since he is prone to getting subbed.  He definitely has the power advantage but Kenny will probably circle the whole time and stay away.

Originally Posted by shogun

Gomi is one of my favorite fighters but he hasn't looked impressive in years.  Florian is the 2nd best lightweight in the UFC and has only gotten better since his loss to BJ.  It'll be interesting to see if Gomi will use some of his wrestling since he is prone to getting subbed.  He definitely has the power advantage but Kenny will probably circle the whole time and stay away.
yeah definitely agree with kenny being the 2nd best LW in the UFC. i want to see him fight diego 

Back
Top Bottom