Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Soooo much MMA coming up in the next month, gonna be ridiculous!!

First up, UFC on Versus 1. So glad DirecTV and VS got their $@@$ together!!!

MAIN CARD

Jon Jones
vs. Brandon Vera
Junior Dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Paul Buentello vs. Cheick Kongo
James Irvin
vs. Alessio Sakara

PRELIMINARY CARD

Shannon Gugerty vs. Clay Guida
Eliot Marshall vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
Darren Elkins vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig
John Howard
vs. Daniel Roberts
Chase Gormley vs. Brendan Schaub
Julio Paulino vs. Mike Pierce
Jason Brilz vs. Eric Schafer

Thanks everyone.

But on to BUSINESS!  I'm pretty hyped about the UFC on Versus card.  An added bonus is that my cable provider (Time Warner) has Versus in HD but no Spike in HD.  I feel that this card is as good as some of the 2nd tier PPV events.

MAIN CARD

Jon Jones vs. Brandon Vera
Junior Dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Paul Buentello vs. Cheick Kongo
James Irvin vs. Alessio Sakara (is there really a winner in this fight?) 

PRELIMINARY CARD

Shannon Gugerty vs. Clay Guida
Eliot Marshall
vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
Darren Elkins vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig
John Howard vs. Daniel Roberts
Chase Gormley vs. Brendan Schaub
Julio Paulino vs. Mike Pierce
Jason Brilz vs. Eric Schafer

From a betting standpoint I am leaning pretty heavily on JDS.  I been saying it for awhile, but I think JDS is vastly underrated and is well on his way to being an elite level HW.  Hell, I think I even posted awhile back that I think JDS can have a legitimate shot to compete with Brock within the next year or so.

Jon Jones has all the tools to beat Vera, but I heard something on the Countdown show that has me contemplating a small bet on Vera.  Vera mentioned that in the past he kinda got away from his game and was concentrating too much on keeping the fight standing, but now he will take the fight wherever it takes place.  I can see Jones taking Vera down and getting caught in a rookie sub from the wily "veteran".  If the odds get good enough, it might be worth taking a chance and hoping that happens.

some images from the strikeforce open workout. Very excited for the King Mo/Gegard match 
pimp.gif

ofar7t.png

010_Gilbert_Melendez_and_Shinya_Aoki.jpg

009_King_Mo_and_Gegard_Mousasi.jpg

007_Dan_Henderson_and_Jake_Shields.jpg

^^ Damn Gil Melendez looks like he been spending too much time with Nick Diaz in that pic. Ease up on the wake n bake homie, you got a championship fight in a few weeks.

Agree... But the oddsmakers seem to think otherwise, I put down some money on Vera at 3 to 1, but I think it'll be a pretty close fight!

Melendez vs Aoki is what i'm looking forward to the most.  That Strikeforce event is going to be nice.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Bones
pimp.gif

i'd be suprised if he beat someone like Vera at this stage of his career though.
I hope he rebounds from that ugly loss from Couture
smh.gif
I'm still disappointed with that one. JJ has been on a tear lately so I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out with a TKO on the 1st.

Mousasi vs Mo
laugh.gif
eek.gif
smokin.gif

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip..._byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip..._byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1
King Mo and Mousasi sharing a few words from MiddleEasy on Vimeo.

this is Jones' "Coming-out" party, he better make the most of it.

i wholeheartedly believe this guy is the future of the division

Im real excited for these next few events. My picks will be Jonny Jones, Gabe, Kongo, and sandman. JDS is big and powerful but Gabe is heavier and a jiu jitsu expert. Hes got heavy hands and good leg kicks. So i wouldnt be surprised if jds gets subbed. Vera hasnt done much in a good minute. I think jones is scrappy enough to avoid being subbed. Kongo and Buentello should be a good one. Enjoy the event everyone

Back
Top Bottom