Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Club29

no shot at Sotiropolous winning this.

Joes boxing is much crisper, and as much as George has impressed me with his jitz in his last few fights, Joe Daddy will out-position him every round.

Joe Daddy via RNC round 2. BOOK IT DANNO.

smh at me listening to you and changing my pick cause you said MMA is your specialty. I had George to win originally but was iffy and your post swayed me...and you were dead wrong
im checkin in late here but...

I cant knock Club's prediction cause I had it the same way.  I thought Joe had superior boxing and wrestling would be able to utilize that.  Guess I was wrong.  The one thing that really annoyed me was when Joe pulled guard in the 1st round (atleast thats what it looked like to me).  Seriously?  Joe has never shown a great guard game, and going up against someone who has solid jits credentials, I dont really know what he was trying to pull off by doing that.  Terrible... just terrible

I got hooked up w/ Strikeforce Challenger tickets for this Friday.

Any specific fighter I should look out for?

Anyone see Wanderlei and Quinton shake hands?
19t65d.jpg

good win for wandy!!! 185 is a better weightclass for him anyways. about the whole rampage/wandy thing... i was watching an interview with rampage and he was saying that he never hated wandy. before they had their whole scrimage, he was saying how he was a big fan of wandy. probably the whole rivalry and beating he got from wandy in pride got to him.

too bad for nog. i think everyone did not see that KO coming from cain. props to cain though. his stand up is improving. but wats more surprising is how nog looked the whole fight. to me he was just standing there with no movement and was just two steps slow in the striking exchange.

Shannon and other MMA heads, interesting thing, Dont know if its been pubbed alot but Ricardo Mayorga makes his MMA debut on May 15th vs Din Thomas.

Im actually pretty excited to see what he got,

If yall follow boxing Mayorga is a Wild man with incredible hands and very unorthodox. My only problem is he is not too keen on training and just gets by on his natural fighting ability and experience in surviving and fighting in the streets as a youngster.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Shannon and other MMA heads, interesting thing, Dont know if its been pubbed alot but Ricardo Mayorga makes his MMA debut on May 15th vs Din Thomas.

If yall follow boxing Mayorga is a Wild man with incredible hands and very unorthodox. My only problem is he is not too keen on training and just gets by on his natural fighting ability and experience in surviving and fighting in the streets as a youngster.

pimp.gif

I had read he was "training" MMA, but hopefully this is televised somewhere, always a  big fan of Mayorga.  Wonder if he'll lite up a cigarette if he beast Thomas.

Din will wrestle him and has an excellent JJ...there's your answer. You'll see Mayorga flat on the ground in 30 secs.

You can have very good striking but MMAs not limited to striking anymore unfortunately.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

seeing on how many people are rooting for Nogs because of his striking, I'll be heavily rooting for Cain.

yall can rag on me after the fight, but my prediction is a TKO KTFO by Cain.

Just quoting and correcting myself
pimp.gif

I hope Cain can gain some respect from some of yall here.

and can anyone explain to me why Krystoff ended up getting TKO instead of a no decision or draw? I was hoping they'd win fight of the night, that was a good brawl.

waiting on this one:

wec-48-tickets-poster.jpg

Jose Aldo
smokin.gif
Spider 2.0?

I'll be in the house at Arco for that one. Anybody else get their tickets already?

Aoki vs. Melendez signed for the April 17th strikeforce. I'm hyped to see if this dude (Aoki) is as great as people claim he is, especially against a guy who can easily beat him standing up.

And yea I'm interested to see the Din vs. Mayorga fight. It's basically gonna be who gets who first though. If Din stands I can't see him not getting knocked out, if Mayorga hits the mat I can't see him not getting submitted. It'll be interesting though, the first kind of valid boxing vs. mma fight, both of these guys still being kinda relevant in their sports.

And Aldo vs. Faber is gonna be good. I actually think Faber has a better shot at Aldo than Mike Brown does, just because he can match Aldo's quickness. Should be interesting.

- The Mayorga/Thomas fight will be broadcast for $29.99 on PPV. Expect to see a very short fight, once Din gets him to the ground, it's only a matter of time. Mayorga will need to learn a decent sprawl and keep this standing just long enough to catch him, it's his only chance.

- I am HYPED for the Faber/Aldo title fight. I've been a fan of Aldo since his first WEC fight, he has one of the most complete packages in all of MMA and can arguably be debated as a top 3 P4P fighter.

- Andrel Arlovski vs. Antonio Silva, Strikeforce April 17th

- Brett Rogers vs. Alistair Overeem in a NON TITLE fight, May 15th [Double You-Tee-Eff?!]

- Syvia vs. TBA, March 14th in DREAM. Monte Cox stated in an interview that Josh Barnett was in fact offered and turned down.

- Fedor vs. Fabricio Werdum moved to the May Strikeforce card. Possibly being broadcast on Showtime.

- Shinya Aoki vs. Gilbert Melendez for the SF LW title in the works for April 17th

- Dan Henderson vs. Jake Shields for SF MW title likely headlining April 17th show

For the record, IMO, Mayorga is only taking this fight for the publicity it will bring him and the quick pay day. He KNOWS he is not an mixed martial artists, he has no business in an MMA fight. Fights like this are what give MMA a bad rap to the uninformed mainstream audience.

demonbasketball04 wrote:
- I am HYPED for the Faber/Aldo title fight. I've been a fan of Aldo since his first WEC fight, he has one of the most complete packages in all of MMA and can arguably be debated as a top 3 P4P fighter.

Top 3!?!?!?! There is no way I put him above Penn, St.-Pierre, Silva, or Fedor. I'd say an arguable top five if that. After this title defense then it will be easier to see, but even then I still don't see top 3

^ wow
eek.gif

Still not a overall Strikeforce fan...but I am very excited for Aoki/Melendez. I hope Gilbert knows a good orthopedic surgeon
laugh.gif

remember I pasted the James Toney info about him wanting to join UFC a ways back.

James is probably top 5 skilled boxers of our era. I gotta see how this pans out

remember I pasted the James Toney info about him wanting to join UFC a ways back.

James is probably top 5 skilled boxers of our era. I gotta see how this pans out
I agree. he's a beast. I'm very interested to see how this goes down as well.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

James Toney WILL be made an example of.

Dana isn't signing a pro boxer and letting him KO someone in his organization lol.
Toney probably didn't sign for cheap. I doubt Dana would sign him with the thought he wants this dude knocked out.

Back
Top Bottom