Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I too don't see Cain winning other than a decision. If he works his TD's and GNP then he may cruise to a decision.
Now for Wanderlei vs Bisping, it's hard for me to be objective being such a huge Wandy fan, but the only way I see Bisping winning is through a decision. If Wanderlei is able to make the cut without the effects seen in the Franklin fight, I say TKO/KO Silva.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

i can't see cain winning, maybe i'm missging something, but i think he lacks the power with his gnp to put this way. i just can't see nog losing to him

let nog touch that boy's face a couple times, might be a wrap

Me and my betting partner been going back and forth on this one all week.  He shares your opinion that Nogs striking is just too much for Cain.  Furthermore, he thinks that Nogs BJJ is going to be enough of a deterrent to make Cain think twice about taking it to the mat.  Personally, I'm kinda goin in the opposite direction with this one.

I know Cain hasnt really shown any sub defense on the ground (but then again, he hasn't faced anyone where he needed to) but I think it will be very difficult for Nog to submit him.  Standing and trading with Nog is a bad idea so I hope that Cain will stick to his bread and butter and pick him up, slam him down, and go for the GnP. 

My take on the fight is that Cain should be favored ever so slightly, only because I dont see Nog taking this fight via decision.  I dont know if Australia has their own athletic commission or if the UFC will have to bring in their own judges and refs like they've done for other shows.  Assuming that the Aussies have their own commission governing this event, I cant imagine that the judges they have are as knowlegable about MMA as some of the NSAC or CSAC judges are (with the exception of our favorite Cecil Peoples).  Less knowlegable judges tend to give the round to whoever is on top (assuming the fight hits the mat) and I just dont see Cain ending up on the bottom with his superior wrestling.  If Cain gets the takedown and "Sonnen's" Nog for 3 rounds, I think the decision will go to Cain.  The only way I see this fight going to Nog is if Cain tries to stand with him and ends up getting either KTFO, or getting caught with a good strike that dazes him and then Nog jumps in for a quick sub. 

well said.

I dont see this one ending early though.

Cain definitely wont "Sonnen" Big Nog. Nog has a very active guard and we havent really seen what kind of sub-defense Cain has.

In the fight vs Kongo, Kongo dropped him twice, so im thinking maybe Nog is going to want to test Cains boxing in this one.

We all know about Nogs iron chin, so thats not gonna be an issue.

as much as i like Cain, im gonna say Nog 29-28 Unanimous decision

Big Nog and Cain seems so humble and respect each other. Rothwell on the other hand with Cain.
laugh.gif
Talked so much then lost easily.

I have been hyped for ufc 110 since I saw the card. Pride legends will dominate for sure. my picks will be Big Nog, Wand, Sotiropulous, Bader and Crocop. Nog still has fight left in him and Cain could not lift up Rothwell that easily. We have not seen Cain's bjj defense but if he has any he better pray to god it better be on Nog's level. Which I HIGHLY doubt. As for Wand, there is no possible way he will lose to that pansy bisping. Sotiropulous is a young gun with great bjj. Bader is a strong wrestler wih good power in his hands and a slight paw will knock glass jawrdine clean out. Crocop says hes training hard wih a new camp so that means he will come back better. I'm pretty confident in my picks. And when do I get An invite to Maia's funeral lol. See ya'll on Saturday. War Pride Legends!

what time does the fight start ? ( aussie time)

and can some translate that into pacific coast time ?
laugh.gif
or better yet, what time is sopcast broadcasting ?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Ryda421

what time does the fight start ? ( aussie time)

and can some translate that into pacific coast time ?
laugh.gif
or better yet, what time is sopcast broadcasting ?
nerd.gif
It's the same starting time as usual. 10 ET, 9 CT, 8 MT, 7 PT. It's gonna be 1 or 2pm there in (Sunday) afternoon

Originally Posted by PrideFan

I have been hyped for ufc 110 since I saw the card. Pride legends will dominate for sure. my picks will be Big Nog, Wand, Sotiropulous, Bader and Crocop. Nog still has fight left in him and Cain could not lift up Rothwell that easily. We have not seen Cain's bjj defense but if he has any he better pray to god it better be on Nog's level. Which I HIGHLY doubt. As for Wand, there is no possible way he will lose to that pansy bisping. Sotiropulous is a young gun with great bjj. Bader is a strong wrestler wih good power in his hands and a slight paw will knock glass jawrdine clean out. Crocop says hes training hard wih a new camp so that means he will come back better. I'm pretty confident in my picks. And when do I get An invite to Maia's funeral lol. See ya'll on Saturday. War Pride Legends!
hahahahaa due to your SN im guessing you are a bit biased here.

I'm still undecided on the main card myself.  Originally I was thinking Cain, but the more I think about it the more I think Nog can really pull this one off.  Not sure which direction to go.

As for Wand there IS a possible way for him to lose to Bisping.  If Bisping can pick his shots, cover up and counter well, there is a very good chance that he can outpoint Wandy for the decision.  Wandy makes no secret about wanting to put on a good show for the fans, and that probably means he is gonna come out swinging like a madman which could leave him open to take some shots.

I'm not sold on George Sot yet.  I feel he does everything decently well, but nothing great.  His BJJ is solid, but I dont know if I would consider it elite level.  I just dont see Joe Daddy getting subbed by George.  In fact, I think this one is probably one of the safer bets in terms of odds/value.  Joe's wrestling is superior to George, and I might even give the striking edge to Joe (even with his lack of range).  I predict it goes 2 rounds, Joe takes him down, GnP to soften him up, then sinks in a choke.

I'm also pickin Bader here but I dont love the pick.  His striking seems rudimentary at best, even if he has a heavy right hand.  I hope his cardio holds up, cause if this thing goes 3 rounds Jardine could easily take it.  Whether or not Jardines glass jaw can avoid a hard right for 3 rounds is the real question.

Crocop would have beat Big Ben, and hes gonna beat this tomato can that they replaced Ben with.  Hope to see a highlight reel KO like the old Mirko.

like i said before... only way Nog is gonna lose is if he's unhealthy and not in top shape.

crocop better win against a last minute replacement

wandy fighting at 185 might bring back his explosiveness and quickness that he has been severely lacking for a while now.

I love how the hype train gets to people. Cain is tailored made for Nog to put a beatdown on him. What has Cain showed in his last 2 fights against Kongo and Ben to say he won't get subbed? Kongo has some of the worst BJJ defense and the outcome was a decision, please. Here's a spoiler: Nog is going to outbox Cain for the first minute or so and then get taken down. Cain will start his weak ground and pound, get caught up, Nog sweeps him, lands mounts/side control and pick whatever submission you want from the bag. Fight over.

am i the only one who thinks cain will beat nog in the stand up game ? only reason i say that is because cain's standup against rothwell looked greater than usual.

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

I love how the hype train gets to people. Cain is tailored made for Nog to put a beatdown on him. What has Cain showed in his last 2 fights against Kongo and Ben to say he won't get subbed? Kongo has some of the worst BJJ defense and the outcome was a decision, please. Here's a spoiler: Nog is going to outbox Cain for the first minute or so and then get taken down. Cain will start his weak ground and pound, get caught up, Nog sweeps him, lands mounts/side control and pick whatever submission you want from the bag. Fight over.
Maybe someone who has more technical knowlege of the sport (freestyle and/or greco roman wrestling) can shed some light, but as far I understood there is more to it than just takedowns and takedown defense.  Isn't the establishment of top control (and the ability to maintain it) a key element of wrestling?

I'll be the first to admit that I am somewhat skewed by the hype machine behind Cain even though I am trying to be as unbiased and logical as possible.  Hype aside though, you cannot overlook is wrestling credentials.  Ben Rothwell may be a sack of potatoes, but hey... he is still a 265+LB sack of potatoes and Cain managed to not just take him down, but take him down in spectacular fashion as if he was nothing more than a ragdoll.  While I may not be the biggest fan of the AKA camp, I fail to believe that they are going to come in with a ridiculously unpreprared gameplan.  They know Nog is a sub threat from the top, bottom, side, anywhere.  They know that Cain's biggest strength is his wrestling.  I still stand by my original prediction (which isnt that far off from what you said Dipset)

-Nog is going to outbox Cain for the first minute or so - agree
-and then get taken down - agree
- Cain will start his weak ground and pound - agree
- Nog sweeps him, lands mounts/side control and pick whatever submission you want from the bag.
As soon as Cain realizes that Nog is going for wrist control to work for a sweep he will use his gorilla strength to pull away and stand up
- Repeat this process for 15 minutes
- Inept judges will give it to whoever was on top and whoever got the most takedowns
- Fight Over

Hahaha you can call it biased but for me its like rooting for the home team you know? Like you cant go against them. I just have a good feeling about how much dedication Big Nog put in his career and all his fights. He comes in to fights prepared and with a barrage of skills that surpass cain by a mile. Do you think Nog can get knocked out easily? Get submitted? Get worked on the ground by wrestler? Cain has almost nothing to match Nog. Wand is the agressor and he might come in swinging wildly but i would too if i were fighting Bisping. He has no knockout power. Wand has vicious power. Even if it were to go to a decision it would probably go to Wand. He is too agressive and well see bisping back pedal alot. depends on the judges as well. Bader is a strong wrestler. He can take jardine and flop him around for 3 rounds. And that "awkward" style is getting old. Opponent after opponent is figuring out how to beat him. Im going for the underdog sotiropulous. Cant go against Crocop man haha. Im very excited for this. See yall tonight. Going to my local hooters
smile.gif

That was a solid promo up there. LOved the music, not sure Mobb was the best to put it with tho. Still tight.

Hope Wandy shows back up and destroys Bisping. If Count thinks he can take Wandys shots and KO him, he is sorely misaken. He could have Margarito wraps and still not KO Wandy IMO. Wandy gonna give him the Hendo treatment.

Nog and Cain is going to be fun. Nog is cut up now and I would imagine in crazy shape. Not to mention he barely ever gets stopped, Cain is going to have his hands full. Might be his first lesson in the UFC. Should be a solid card. Hope someone hooks it up with a link.

no shot at Sotiropolous winning this.

Joes boxing is much crisper, and as much as George has impressed me with his jitz in his last few fights, Joe Daddy will out-position him every round.

Joe Daddy via RNC round 2. BOOK IT DANNO.

Yea I believe Stevenson will take it based on his wrestling and striking. I still like sotiropolous (sp?) just because of his JJ game but i don't think he wins it. However if the fight goes into 3rd round and Joe is tired and their both on the ground with George on his back I think he has a good shot at winning.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

am i the only one who thinks cain will beat nog in the stand up game ? only reason i say that is because cain's standup against rothwell looked greater than usual.
He took some good licks from Kongo too
I got Cain winning, but if Nog wins I wont be disappointed, I like both fighters
I want Wanderlei to beat Bisping
my winners:
Cain
Wanderlei
Stevenson
Bader
Cro Cop

i guess im the only 1 picking bisping....very impressive in his last fight while wandy hasn't been looking good and who knows how the cut to 185 will affect him

Back
Top Bottom