Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I don't know who they feed Anderson now.

Will Sonnen be medically cleared by then? Does Randy want to chance getting KO'd again? I doubt any top contenders at LHW want to fight him, but I would love to see a fight against Rampage.

I'd say Sexyama MAYBE, but I hear he's going to get the winner of Silva/Bisping on a possible Japan card.

So hyped for next weekend. Wandy and Big Nog ftw. Real talk if Wanderlei gets KO'd AND Nogueira gets submitted I will stop watching MMA, but that wont happen
laugh.gif

I hope Wanderlei wins his next fight, he doesn't wanna go 1-4 since rejoining the UFC. Big Nog won't get submitted, most of Velasquez's wins came from TKOs. Anderson Silva is without a opponent for UFC 112.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Joe Silva stated that Anderson will still fight as scheduled and it won't be against Sonnen.
interesting.  if not Sonnen though who else is available at 185?  Seems like Silva is saying that Spider will be fighting catchweight or fighting at 205.  What top level 205ers are available for that scheduling spot?  Randy Couture?

Maia makes sense since they're gonna be in Abu Dhabi. I just don't like how you can lose and then win a fight and then you get to fight for a belt. Better yet, look at Hendo, loss to Rampage and then fought Silva for the belt...
laugh.gif
all about business.

So disappointing. I would rather see him fight someone at 205 than defend his belt against Maia.

Awwww shtt, can't wait for this weekend!!

BIG CAIN gonna pull off the upset!!!!

Damn it's gonna be good..

MAIN CARD

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez
Michael Bisping vs. Wanderlei Silva
George Sotiropoulos vs. Joe Stevenson
Ryan Bader vs. Keith Jardine
Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Ben Rothwell

PRELIMINARY CARD

Chris Haseman vs. Elvis Sinosic
Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
Brian Foster vs. Chris Lytle
C.B. Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic
Igor Pokrajac vs. James Te Huna

i can't see cain winning, maybe i'm missging something, but i think he lacks the power with his gnp to put this way. i just can't see nog losing to him

let nog touch that boy's face a couple times, might be a wrap

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

i can't see cain winning, maybe i'm missging something, but i think he lacks the power with his gnp to put this way. i just can't see nog losing to him

let nog touch that boy's face a couple times, might be a wrap

Me and my betting partner been going back and forth on this one all week.  He shares your opinion that Nogs striking is just too much for Cain.  Furthermore, he thinks that Nogs BJJ is going to be enough of a deterrent to make Cain think twice about taking it to the mat.  Personally, I'm kinda goin in the opposite direction with this one.

I know Cain hasnt really shown any sub defense on the ground (but then again, he hasn't faced anyone where he needed to) but I think it will be very difficult for Nog to submit him.  Standing and trading with Nog is a bad idea so I hope that Cain will stick to his bread and butter and pick him up, slam him down, and go for the GnP. 

My take on the fight is that Cain should be favored ever so slightly, only because I dont see Nog taking this fight via decision.  I dont know if Australia has their own athletic commission or if the UFC will have to bring in their own judges and refs like they've done for other shows.  Assuming that the Aussies have their own commission governing this event, I cant imagine that the judges they have are as knowlegable about MMA as some of the NSAC or CSAC judges are (with the exception of our favorite Cecil Peoples).  Less knowlegable judges tend to give the round to whoever is on top (assuming the fight hits the mat) and I just dont see Cain ending up on the bottom with his superior wrestling.  If Cain gets the takedown and "Sonnen's" Nog for 3 rounds, I think the decision will go to Cain.  The only way I see this fight going to Nog is if Cain tries to stand with him and ends up getting either KTFO, or getting caught with a good strike that dazes him and then Nog jumps in for a quick sub. 

nog's guard is very good

he has reversed fedor and couture being on top of him before

only way nog will lose is if he goes into the fight unhealthy

Originally Posted by Battousai701

nog's guard is very good

he has reversed fedor and couture being on top of him before

only way nog will lose is if he goes into the fight unhealthy
not trying to downplay Nog's guard as it is very dangerous, but do you think he will be able to sweep or reverse someone as big and strong as Cain?  What scares me is how easily he threw Big Ben around as if he were an 85lb chick.  Ben is a healthy 265lb and Cain could pick him up and drop him at will.  It just showed what a dominant wrestler Cain is.  While one's takedown/slam abilities may not correlate to their abilities with top control, I feel that Cain's overall wrestling will allow him to maintain a stifling top control on Nog for most of the fight.

seeing on how many people are rooting for Nogs because of his striking, I'll be heavily rooting for Cain.

yall can rag on me after the fight, but my prediction is a TKO by Cain.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

seeing on how many people are rooting for Nogs because of his striking, I'll be heavily rooting for Cain.

yall can rag on me after the fight, but my prediction is a TKO by Cain.
I respect both fighters and am a fan of both, but I think Cain takes this too.  As long as he follows the correct gameplan, I think he pulls out the UD or wins via TKO.

Shoot > Takedown > lil bit of GnP > Stand up > lather > rinse > repeat

VICTORY!

I'm officially team Nog for this fight.

I don't see Cain's wrestling nullifying what Nog gives you as an all around fighter.

And now that Blackhouse has brought in Mark Munoz into their camp, I really think we see an improved Nog out there at least from a wrestling perspective.

It's kind of crazy to think only 4 people have beaten Nog: Barnett, Mir, Emelianenko, Henderson. Only people at the very top of the food chain have ever put him away or outpointed him.

But I'm always wrong, so that might be a sign that Cain takes this anyway.

Cain couldn't KO Kongo. Rothwell only got stopped because he barely made any attempt at defense at all, and that might speak to Rothwell being a bum, or Cain really having no serious power behind his punches. I doubt he's gonna KO or TKO Nog, at best he'll get the decision off takedowns, but I think there's a good chance he'll get submitted in the process. Should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom