Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Damn Rampage and Mirko both done with MMA supposedly....

Went from one of the baddest dudes in the sports to dog meat in like 2 fights.

not sure who you're referring to but that sentence doesnt apply to either of those guys.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

ok so who is Rashard fighting in December?

it's 'Rashad' and it's as of yet undecided.

that's if he fights at all.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Damn Rampage and Mirko both done with MMA supposedly....

Went from one of the baddest dudes in the sports to dog meat in like 2 fights.

not sure who you're referring to but that sentence doesnt apply to either of those guys.
I gotta agree. For Mirko it was pretty much since he stepped foot in the octagon, not just the last 2 fights. His first fight againstBeetlejuice... i mean... Eddie Sanchez should have been a telltale sign that his career was on a slide. He barely finished that journeyman fighter.

As for Rampage. Dude aint close to being "dog meat".

Hopefully Dana calms him down, rolls up a truck full of money to his house, and they patch things up and get him back in the cage.

pumped for DREAM 11.

Aoki vs. Hansen III.
pimp.gif

"Make no mistake the UFC treated me a lot better than Pride. If you get hurt in training in a UFC fight then will send you to the best doctors. If you gethurt in a Pride fight most of the time they will tell me "oh you better take care of that!" The UFC will always let you know in a timely matter whoyou will be fighting & give you enough time to train but with Pride if I knew 4 weeks ahead I would be happy cause most times they just give you a 2 weeksnotice. Pride will rip you off on your merchandising but the UFC would find someway to hook you up on merchandising deals. Pride will make fights easier forcertain fighters inside the ring (like standing up fights early). With the UFC whatever happens happens. The only thing I see the UFC needs to fix in this areais to get better judges. Ones who know about MMA & not from the boxing world.
The reason why I'm talking about all this is that I feel like this whole situation could have been avoided if UFC would have respected me more &rescheduled the fight about a month or more in my hometown, which I know fights can be rescheduled because of the Matt Hughes & Matt Serra was postponeddue to injuries. Instead, Dana went on the internet & started talking bad about my decision. All we had to do was come to a certain type of argreement orunderstanding, which later came after a lot of trash talk from Dana. My manager flew to Vegas & talked to them & tried to work things out like a MAN.& still I keep quite & I didn't talk trash back on the internet. The only reason why I'm even talking now is because I feel like I owe my fansan explanation because I am a MAN, a real MAN. Yeah I made good money with the UFC more than Pride, but I made both shows more money than they made me. Ididn't care too much about Pride treating me like crap cause I was an American in a Japanese company. Now in my own country, I feel like I'm beingdisrepected. Everything is not about how much money you make. You could be the richest man in the world but if nobody repsects you then it don't mean +!$$.You can't buy respect. It should be earned. & thats what I'm all about.

Now Rashad wanna put his two cents in. Rashad remains to be a boy under me. He wins a few fights, and some of them I thought the judges fell asleep during thefight & woke up & saw him playing with his nipples & guessed he won. He knocked Chuck Liddel out when Chuck wasn't even the same man anymore.& now he thinks he's on my level. Yeah he talks about how he beat Forrest & I lost. But when I fought Forrest that was the worst Rampage I had everseen. & I still know in my heart I won that fight. So now he's Mr. All Cocky & says I got a big mouth & talk a lot of smack. If my memoryserves me correctly, he's the one that got into my face after the Jardine fight & started talking trash when he was the one that was originallysupposed to fight me that night, but he told Dana on the phone he didn't want to fight. He wanted to keep his belt longer. Now, I'm not saying wetheror not I would have beaten Machida, but I wouldn't have went out like a @@!%* like the way he did. So I'm the one that was looking forward to theRashad fight the most. I have always been a fighter my whole life. As a kid my family treated me like +!$$ which made me the person who I am today. This is whywhen I meet people I treat people the way I want to be treated (unless they approach me wrong or piss me off). I grew up thinking that I wasn't evenimportant to my family which made me not even care about myself. That's why I can get knee-ed in the face 15 times & come back for more. That's whyI can get my legs seriously hurt in a fight & still try to win. Thats why I can get my ribs broken in a fight & not tap out because my whole life Inever thought I mattered to anybody or anybody cared about me. But now I have kids that love me & care about me & I'm not used to people caringabout me but it feels good! I'm a very loyal person. Wolves are the most loyal animals on the planet. I was very loyal to the UFC, but now I owe all myloyalty to my kids... the ones who really care for me. The majority of my fights on the street I fought for free & they all were with emotion. I am afighter, I will always be a fighter but my professional fights that were fought with emotion, I ended them all in devestating fashion. I am the wrong fighterthat should fight pissed off professionally. I don't even consider it fair. So Rashad says he will fight me for free. I will gladly meet him at any gym& fight him just to shut his mouth up. & I mean that for real!

When I told Dana I did not want my belt back & that I just wanted to make money, it was around the time when they gave me Vanderlei & actually it wasaround the same time when my mind wasn't right (my mind was at TRUCK status) & that's the way I felt because I felt I had been robbed out of mybelt. After the Jardine fight I did want my belt back because my family was so proud of me when I was champion & I want to make my family proud cause now Ifinally feel like my family cares about me & they accept me & this is what I've been wanting my whole childhood... for my family to like me. If Igot to beat some !%+ for my family to like me, so be it. But now, I'm a grown man & I'll be damned if anybody disrespects me. I'm not havingit, it's not happening!" -Posted by Rampage Jackson on September 24, 2009 at 12:18pm

Now Rashad wanna put his two cents in. Rashad remains to be a boy under me. He wins a few fights, and some of them I thought the judges fell asleep during the fight & woke up & saw him playing with his nipples & guessed he won.
Bwhahahahahahahahaha.

Just like any other Dana vs _____ tale, Dana would go out to the media and blabber about his frustrations about _____, instead of talking to the person.Dana's biggest weapon is the internet...and for @%$% sakes I hope he realizes that every fighter is just one phone call away.

Also,Rampage can say whatever he wants but he'll be back guaranteed.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Now Rashad wanna put his two cents in. Rashad remains to be a boy under me. He wins a few fights, and some of them I thought the judges fell asleep during the fight & woke up & saw him playing with his nipples & guessed he won.
Bwhahahahahahahahaha.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Just like any other Dana vs _____ tale, Dana would go out to the media and blabber about his frustrations about _____, instead of talking to the person. Dana's biggest weapon is the internet...and for @%$% sakes I hope he realizes that every fighter is just one phone call away.

Exactly, Dana does this way too much with his fighters. For a smart business guy he can be a real baby with the arguements. It's getting really old.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Just like any other Dana vs _____ tale, Dana would go out to the media and blabber about his frustrations about _____, instead of talking to the person. Dana's biggest weapon is the internet...and for @%$% sakes I hope he realizes that every fighter is just one phone call away.

Exactly, Dana does this way too much with his fighters. For a smart business guy he can be a real baby with the arguements. It's getting really old.

It's gonna keep happening too unless Dana takes it down a notch. He's too outspoken and too close with certain fighters sometimes, it's what makeshim a great guy to run the company and a terrible guy to run the company all at the same time. If he wants to keep things professional he needs to decidewhether he's gonna be the fighters' boss or their buddy. Situations like this, Tito, the crocop incident, even the Fedor negotiations, show that hestill needs to work on his business skills.

As far as Rampage, I hope he's not serious about retiring, just hearing that $#!% kinda blew my day. Hate him or love him, with or without the belt, he ISthe 205 division. Nobody at light heavyweight pulls like Rampage right now. I still need to see Page vs. Rashad, Machida, and Page/Shogun 2 before he'sout. He deserves to go out better than this man, dude is a legend of the sport. If not, damn, I'll be highly depressed.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Bwhahahahahahahahaha.

laugh.gif

Rashad is aight, but if this fight ever does happen, he's getting dropped. I'll put everything I have on it.

"As far as Rampage, I hope he's not serious about retiring, just hearing that $#!% kinda blew my day. Hate him or love him, with or without the belt,he IS the 205 division. Nobody at light heavyweight pulls like Rampage right now. I still need to see Page vs. Rashad, Machida, and Page/Shogun 2 beforehe's out. He deserves to go out better than this man, dude is a legend of the sport. If not, damn, I'll be highly depressed."

posting from an iPhone so it's easier to copy/paste like this but I couldn't have said it better myself. I'd hate for rampage to take too much timeoff, like a year or two more without proper training and then come back to the ufc to fight Rashad with like 3 months of training. He's definitley a legendand should be undefeated in the UFC. That loss to forrest doesn't exist in my head. Machida is the only other person to watch at 205 unless Mousasi comesto the UFC.

Does anyone now if the UFC has reported the PPV buys for UFC 103. HBO says Floyd did over 1 million and I doubt UFC 103 did half of that.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Does anyone now if the UFC has reported the PPV buys for UFC 103. HBO says Floyd did over 1 million and I doubt UFC 103 did half of that.
Current estimates for UFC 103, which ran opposite the boxing on PPV and was headlined by Vitor Belfort's spectacular knockout victory over Rich Franklin, have the event drawing between 400,000-600,000 buys.

[h1]The total viewership of 1.4 million viewers for UFC 103's preliminary card special earned Spike TV a 1.0 household rating.[/h1]
[h1][/h1]

Not a bad amount of viewers/buys for a card that had no big names for the casual UFC Fan(besides Rich).

rampage will be back.

crocop on the other hand... he will be missed. sad ending for him to go out on. im hoping he fight 2 or 3 more times, and actually dominate. either that or hetakes a full year off from the whole mma/fighting scene and then come back rejuvenated.

Current estimates for UFC 103, which ran opposite the boxing on PPV and was headlined by Vitor Belfort's spectacular knockout victory over Rich Franklin, have the event drawing between 400,000-600,000 buys.

[h1]The total viewership of 1.4 million viewers for UFC 103's preliminary card special earned Spike TV a 1.0 household rating.[/h1]
[h1][/h1]

Not a bad amount of viewers/buys for a card that had no big names for the casual UFC Fan(besides Rich).

In my opinion it is bad, the card was still good and the boxing fight was not a huge match-up. For Dana to talk all that shot then get pounded byFloyd is not a good look. Floyd by himself tripled up the UFC. I am really doubting that the UFC did such number for 100 and 101 like they said

dana was od'n on with that talk, but floyd is still more famous than anyone in mma. plus it was his out of retirement fight.

In my opinion it is bad, the card was still good and the boxing fight was not a huge match-up. For Dana to talk all that shot then get pounded by Floyd is not a good look. Floyd by himself tripled up the UFC. I am really doubting that the UFC did such number for 100 and 101 like they said
what is not to understand about the fact that mayweather is a huge draw? both to casual and hardcore boxing fans.

boxing fans just keep on with the whole 'not a big fight' thing. in what universe is mayweather returning to the ring not a big draw?

i follow mma vehemently and i didnt even watch 103 live because it didnt interest me.

main event sounded boring, dos santos gets to beat up on mirko tin man in the easiest bet in mma history, and apparent 'top 5' (
eyes.gif
3-3 in his last 6 entering the fight) welterweight in koschek fighting thewashed up and never that great to begin with trigg.

[h1][/h1]

In my opinion it is bad, the card was still good and the boxing fight was not a huge match-up. For Dana to talk all that shot then get pounded by Floyd is not a good look. Floyd by himself tripled up the UFC. I am really doubting that the UFC did such number for 100 and 101 like they said

You can't say not huge and then say Floyd. The buys made Dana, look like a fool just like any other promoter, good, wouldn't be the first time.
Anyway, great, now what?
laugh.gif
BOTH CARDS SUCKED
Now, Manny V.S Cotto, that's a fight I want to see. That should do better PPV numbers by far
pimp.gif
$200 on Cotto

Back
Top Bottom