Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Damn, Rampage

smh.gif

sounds fine to me.

he's been acting unstable for a long time now, and rescheduling fights is part of it. that blog sounds like a lot of whining. complaining about being givena shot at a world title.
eyes.gif

people might not like it because it has been said in such a blunt manner, but dana's on the mark.

if you're going to be a fighter, be a fighter. there's no real acting career out there him. he's delusional if he thinks otherwise.

all that goofing around he does doesnt make him a comedic actor and he'll be playing henchman #4 for a few years before he returns to finish his career inlacklustre fashion.

as for 103, dos santos over cro cop was the easiest big name fight to pick in a long time. cro cop hasnt shown that he can hang with or bang with a legitfighter in a long time. he's never been ultra muscular but physique wise he looked the most out of shape that he's maybe ever looked. he seemed veryold and very slow. his days as a top level fighter are over. match him up with justin mccully.

semtex making an impact at 170.
pimp.gif

Other MMA Notes.

- cung finally relinquished the strikeforce middleweight title.

- frank trigg cut from ufc.

- john mccarthy denied nevada state athletic commission liscense.

So let me get this straight, Rampage quits because of pressure from Dana? He needs to fight Rashad first after all the talk, I think he knows he can'tbeat him.

Trigg cut after 1 fight?

Cung done fightings?

Will we see Rashad vs. Spider now?

Good riddance, Rampage.

I've never seen a guy I like so much inside the ring, yet can't stand so much the minute he steps out. And I was actually hoping he'd knock Rashadthe .... out.

Also, the UFC is giving Trigg another fight to prove himself. Win and you're in. Lose and go home.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

there's no real acting career out there him. he's delusional if he thinks otherwise.

You his agent?

you delusional too?

this isnt one of those 'well you never know' situations.

the rampage jackson variety hour isnt going to be on tv anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

there's no real acting career out there him. he's delusional if he thinks otherwise.

You his agent?

you delusional too?

this isnt one of those 'well you never know' situations.

the rampage jackson variety hour isnt going to be on tv anytime soon.

I act, and in all honesty, people are trying to bank in on names these days so he'll still get more jobs then most people. No agent is gonnatry to put him in a Guy Ritchie film or something like that, but he's a big name and I can see him doing a lot of action movies. If John Cena can become anactor... And Rampage is more people friendly then him. Hell he would've been perfect in some kind of role for G.I. Joe.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I act, and in all honesty, people are trying to bank in on names these days so he'll still get more jobs then most people. No agent is gonna try to put him in a Guy Ritchie film or something like that, but he's a big name and I can see him doing a lot of action movies. If John Cena can become an actor... And Rampage is more people friendly then him. Hell he would've been perfect in some kind of role for G.I. Joe.

liiiike henchman number #4?

on a non mma related note for a second, damn was gi joe an atrocious movie. childhood nostalgia caused me to see it, but i wont be attending the inevitablesequel.

as for trigg. you really cant believe anything fight related dana says untill it's signed. afterall, he's not in charge of the matchmaking.

After yesterday's reports that Dana White was ready to drop http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-fighter/Frank-Trigg.htmlFrank Trigg from the UFC following his loss at http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-event/UFC-103.htmlUFC 103, Trigg said that the organization is giving him one more chance.

Trigg learned that he would not be dropped from the organization yesterday.

"They said I'll get one more shot, another fight, to prove I belong here," Trigg told MMAJunkie.com. "If I win, they've got to keep me around. If I lose, and it's back-to-back losses, they'll probably drop me, rightfully so."

Trigg has said that if the UFC drops him, he will most likely retire from the sport. While he is not ready to quit fighting, he said that he does not want to fight in the MMA "minor leagues."

There was an out-pouring of support from fans who did want to see Trigg retire, and therefore contacted him via Twitter to let him know of their sorrow for his potential departure.

It has been rumored that the UFC might travel to Australia in Feb. 2010. If the card gets filled, and the organization, indeed, travels Down Under, Trigg said that he would love to fight there.

"I'm ready to fight, and I want to fight," Trigg said. "But I just want to fight in the UFC."

There are plenty of action stars who cant act a lick. Why would Rampage be any different? As MMA continues to get bigger and bigger, I think it would have beenin Page's best interest to continue to fight, atleast for the Rashad fight. With the TUF exposure that fight would have garnered a lot of attention, maybeeven outside of the UFC fanboy circles. At that point if he wanted to hang it up, atleast he got the exposure and can parlay that into a JCVD type of careerdoing 2nd rate action films and taking home a steady paycheck.

where the hell is jean claude?

i watched bloodsport the other day and thought that it was essentially the first 'mma' movie.

Let Rampage do him. Just hope he realizes he's going from A-List fighter to D-List actor instantly... and that's not spite or sarcasm, I hope herealizes it.

i watched bloodsport the other day and thought that it was essentially the first 'mma' movie.
I think the most recent flick he made was 'JCVD'. ++

Basically a film that mocked his own celebrity.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

I think the most recent flick he made was 'JCVD'. ++

Basically a film that mocked his own celebrity.

And apparently, a really good movie.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jcvd/

85% on Rotten Tomatoes' Tomatometer.. I think I'm going to have to check this movie out.

^ nothing beats Bloodsport.

Bolo Yeung, the main villain, was 51 at the time of that movie.
eek.gif

on that randy couture tip.

anway back to mma.
laugh.gif

Cro cop to retire?

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, one of the most feared fighters over the last decade, has decided to end his career following his loss to Junior Dos Santos last Saturday at UFC 103. The most famous Croatian cop, has decided to retire immediately, stating another comeback is not an option. Nokaut.com was able to exclusively confirm the news earlier today.

Said Cro Cop; "I have no motivation left and it's time to leave. Thank you all for supporting me."

One of the most severly struck by the news, is Zvonimir Lucic, Mirko's manager and most reliable cornerstone throughout Cro Cop's numerous battles. Following his last conversation with Mirko, Mr. Lucic was instructed to release all Team Cro Cop members from their respective duties, officially ending an era spanning 15 years of blood, sweat and tears at Cro Cop's headquarters.

Today is a sad day for all Cro Cop fans worldwide as one of the most beloved and inspiring icons in combat sports has decided to walk away from competition and hang up his gloves for good.

Back
Top Bottom