Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Sherk will never return to his former top flight status.
damn right.

The projected UFC 107 card looks like it should be solid with BJ putting Diego to sleep, and the culmination of the Rashad v. Rampage war of words.

Whats the deal with the Alves v. Thiago fight though? Is it just cause of the play on names so they can say Paulo Thiago Alves? I mean Alves got handled byGSP but he wasnt finished. What has Paulo done besides get a lucky punch on Kos?

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

BJ vs. Diego now officially confirmed for UFC 107 on December 12.

9506-Penn-v-Diego.jpg

so far card looks like:

bj vs. diego
evans vs. jackson
mir vs. kongo
alves vs. thiago.

gonna be sick

Whats the deal with the Alves v. Thiago fight though? Is it just cause of the play on names so they can say Paulo Thiago Alves? I mean Alves got handled by GSP but he wasnt finished. What has Paulo done besides get a lucky punch on Kos?

I see it more as a gimme fight for Alves after getting handled by GSP. Needs some confidence back.

On the other hand, it can also be seen as a test for P. Thiago after the Kos KO. Prove it wasn't a fluke, and he's right up there in title contention.

Kind of a win-win for UFC.

i think fitch deserves to be back in the picture.

gsp whooped his *** but there's such a gap between gsp and the rest it's tough to not have a contender gsp hasnt already whooped.

Paul Daley steps in for injured mike swick.

Now GSP vs. Semtex has some draw to it.
pimp.gif

GSP would still maul him like a bear on a baby raccoon .

Mike Swick is out of a main card bout against Martin Kampmann for UFC 103 scheduled to take place on Sept. 19 in Dallas. Stepping in to take his place is British fighter Paul Daley.

U.K. tabloid The Sun first reported the news on Friday. MMAWeekly.com independently verified the report.

"I got the call and I accepted. I came to the UFC to fight the best, and that's what I am going to do," Daley told The Sun's Mark Gilbert.

Gilbert also cited UFC U.K. president Marshall Zelaznik as confirming Daley's acceptance of the bout.

Daley representative Anthony Evans told MMAWeekly.com the bout has been verbally agreed to and they are awaiting a bout agreement.

If the bout goes through, Daley (21-8-2) will be making his Octagon debut at UFC 103. He was originally slated to face Brian Foster on the preliminary portion of the card, but gets the bump up with the unfortunate injury to Swick. He enters the bout on back-to-back wins in smaller promotions, following a bumpy ride with Canada's Maximum Fighting Championships.

Kampmann (15-2) also enters the bout on the back of two consecutive victories. Competing for the better part of his career at middleweight, he made the drop to welterweight following a loss to Nate Marquardt at UFC 88. He defeated Alexandre Barros in his UFC 170-pound debut, and then spoiled the incoming bout of former WEC champion Carlos Condit in April.

Kampmann vs. Daley? ehhhhhhh really? They couldn't find another 170lber to step in on short notice to take that fight?

[h1]Report: Rampage Jackson-Rashad Evans Match Scrapped From UFC 107[/h1]
Posted Sep 04, 2009 5:40PM By Mike Chiappetta (RSS feed)

Filed Under: UFC

ramp33.jpg

The Dec. 12 UFC 107 main event between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans has been scrapped from the card, according to UK Web site MMABay.com, which has close ties to Jackson's Wolfslair team.
http://
The site reported that Jackson will be unable to participate because of a film commitment he recently made to "The A-Team." Several news sites reported conflicting information on the casting, but UFC President Dana White last week confirmed to FanHouse that Rampage had indeed gotten the role.

The UFC does not officially announce matches until contracts and bout agreements are signed, but Evans vs. Jackson was widely expected and is the centerpiece feud of the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter, which begins airing on Sept. 16 and runs through Dec. 2.

In addition, the event was scheduled to take place in Jackson's hometown of Memphis, Tenn.

The feud between the two began shortly after UFC 96, when Evans was invited into the cage following Jackson's unanimous decision win over Evans' teammate, Keith Jardine.

During a May conference call to announce their participation on TUF, Jackson told reporters he'd chosen to fight Evans ahead of a possible title bout with Lyoto Machida.

"They told me I could fight whoever and I had my mind set I would fight Evans," he said then.

Evans and his manager did not return messages seeking comment and White was on an international business trip and unreachable.

UFC lightweight champion BJ Penn announced yesterday on his website that his next title defense against Diego Sanchez would come at UFC 107, and it appears that bout is likely to be moved into the main-event position.

Source: http://mma.fanhouse.com/2...h-scrapped-from-ufc-107/

^ i saw that article earlier but there were no other corresponding reports.

if reports prove to be accurate jackson is really ##!+-ing out on fights he's supposed to be in.

skipping a title shot at machida because of some makeshift grudge against evans.

now, delaying the evans fight, which he was so adamant about that he skipped said title shot, to play a poor man's Mr. T.

Sucks that the fight will be delayed longer but you can't be mad at Rampage for getting that Hollywood money. I'm sure even Dana White can't be madat him for landing that role.

How funny would it be if Rampage goes into the fight with Evans with a mohawk.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by Ryda421

that is what I have to say. sure nog is good, however he's vastly a guy who can take a hit but it not really ELITE. meaning top of "food chain" imo
eyes.gif
Nog has long paid his dues to be in the Elite. A great wrestler like Brock can neutralize him though like what Ricco Rodrgiuez did in his prime even though they still gave the W to Nog because it was Pride.

Anyhow

Nogueira ($400,000/includes win bonus of $150,000) def. Randy Couture ($250,000)
*Nogueira and Couture also earned an extra $60,000 for "UFC 102 Fight of the Night"

Thiago Silva ($58,000/includes win bonus of $29,000) def. Keith Jardine ($55,000)

Jake Rosholt ($26,000/includes win bonus of $13,000) def. Chris Leben ($30,000)
*Rosholt also earned an extra $60,000 for "UFC 102 Submission of the Night"

Nate Marquardt ($80,000/includes win bonus of $40,000) def. Demian Maia ($28,000)
*Marquardt also earned an extra $60,000 for "UFC 102 Knockout of the Night"

Brandon Vera ($70,000/includes win bonus of $35,000) def. Krzystzof Soszynski ($8,000)
sure. he's paid his dues by endured beatings, however I just don't see him as being ELITE, because IMO someone who is ELITE would haveTKO'd the natural. either way, I just honestly don't see NOG consistently improving his game but we'll just wait and see...

-smile

EDIT:

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
@ rampage

sure. he's paid his dues by endured beatings, however I just don't see him as being ELITE, because IMO someone who is ELITE would have TKO'd the natural.

nog isnt elite because he didnt stop randy? you going to stick with that argument?

so it must irrelevant that he's beaten many of the world's top fighters.

his hit list includes: couture, cro cop, sylvia, barnett, sapp, rodriguez, hendo, .... and it goes on like that.

also must be irrelevent that to this day he is still the only man in history to ever win world titles in both the ufc and pride.

and he did stop randy. couture just got ridiculous leeway because he's randy.

either way, I just honestly don't see NOG consistently improving his game but we'll just wait and see...
seriously there's nothing to wait and see.

you act like he just recently arrived on the scene and beat eddie sanchez and justin mccully.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

sure. he's paid his dues by endured beatings, however I just don't see him as being ELITE, because IMO someone who is ELITE would have TKO'd the natural.

nog isnt elite because he didnt stop randy? you going to stick with that argument?

so it must irrelevant that he's beaten many of the world's top fighters.

his hit list includes: couture, cro cop, sylvia, rodriguez, hendo, .... and it goes on like that.

also must be irrelevent that to this day he is still the only man in history to ever win world titles in both the ufc and pride.

and he did stop randy. couture just got ridiculous leeway because he's randy.

either way, I just honestly don't see NOG consistently improving his game but we'll just wait and see...
seriously there's nothing to wait and see.

you act like he just recently arrived on the scene and beat eddie sanchez and justin mccully.

yes, I believe that because it is pretty obvious couture is past his time
tired.gif
I'm pretty sure if cain fought couture, couture would have suffered brain damage. but that's just IMO i only say NOT ELITE because I'mgoing with this UFC career. which is not really impressive to me. sure those W's over those fighters BUT most of the fighters are also past prime...sylvia? barnett ? sapp?
laugh.gif

are you really going to count that interim belt a legit world title ?
eyes.gif

leeway ? I guess they gave him some slack when nog had him in two submissions ? he knock down randy very easily, but what does that matter if he cannot knockhim out ?

no, I'm not acting like he just arrived, I say that because this is a business where "you are only as good as your last performance" meaning thepast gives you credit but if you stay stuck, then you are no longer top rank. pretty obvious.

meh i dislike these mma arguments, seems like we're just running around in circle because we can not come to a common ground
laugh.gif

Upcoming elbow surgery to cost Anderson Silva rest of 2009 fight season
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Sep 05, 2009 at 12:20 pm ET
Anderson Silva's next middleweight title defense will have to wait until next year.

The UFC's longtime title-holder and one of MMA's top pound-for-pound fighters will soon undergo elbow surgery and will miss the remainder of the 2009fight season.

ESPN's "MMA Live" mentioned the injury in a recent Twitter message, though Silva's manager, Ed Soares, didn't go into details whenspeaking to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Friday.

A source close to the event told MMAjunkie.com earlier in the week that UFC officials at least briefly considered the idea of Silva taking the headline spot atUFC 105, an event that takes place Nov. 14 in Manchester, England. The show airs via tape delay on Spike TV, and a Silva main event (whether against DanHenderson, Nate Marquardt or another opponent) would have likely scored huge ratings for the cable station.

Silva, though, will shut down for the rest of 2009, though details of the surgery were not immediately known. He's targeting a likely early 2010 return tothe cage.

Silva (25-4 MMA, 10-0 UFC), undefeated with a record 10-fight win streak in the UFC, most recently topped Forrest Griffin in a lopsided UFC 101 co-main-eventfight. Silva battered the former light-heavyweight champion in a non-title fight and has now posted stoppage victories in 12 of his past wins.

When he does return to competition, Silva is likely to face either Henderson or Marquardt. While both basically have been promised title shots, a fight betweenthe two top contenders could be a possibility while Silva is sidelined.

http://mmajunkie.com/news...of-2009-fight-season.mma

man that sucks
tired.gif

one moronic article uses the term 'fight season' and now im already seeing it all over the major sports channels.

there are no seasons you idiots. it's not like the playoffs are right around the corner.
eyes.gif

it's going to spread like the term 'gatekeeper' as in, to the point where some people think this is an actual title bestowed upon a fighter after awin.

Back
Top Bottom