Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

kenflo vs. guida tenatively set for ufc 106.

Really what Kenny's career going to become? Fighting the likes of Guida?
I don't see how that's a bad thing. Guida always puts on really good fights, him versus KenFlo could be
eek.gif
. I would actually like to see KenFlo/Sherk fight again though.

Guess I am coming from the angle that Florian is perhaps gate keeper status after that loss to Penn and that shouldnt be the case. Perhaps (most likely) I amwrong.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Guess I am coming from the angle that Florian is perhaps gate keeper status after that loss to Penn and that shouldnt be the case. Perhaps (most likely) I am wrong.
I don't know how you would peg Florian as the gatekeeper, when Clay played the gatekeeper his last fight.

Had a pretty good weekend in Portland.

JOJO took my son to the Fight Club Q&A with Dan Henderson, and we all got to watch the weigh-ins.

Friday night was interesting. Picked up Ryan Loco at the Portland airport, got lost downtown, and dropped off Big Nog's Jaco fight shorts at the Marriot. We got to meet Ed Soares in the process. Jay Glazer sighting in the lobby, which was interesting and odd all at the same time.

For the record, Ryan Loco is a superstar.

You guys all saw the fights, so I won't get into all that. Had upper level seats, but it was all good. The place went insane when Randy came out.

All things considered, the Rose Garden is a pretty awesome spot.

One thing for some stupid people at the fights I've been to:

If the fight is on the ground, and someone is in side control, don't be stupidand boo. Side control is a ridiculously advantageous position. Let the fighthappen. Fights don't have to be like the first 30 seconds of Guida/Sanchez to be a good fight.

Oh, and Nate Marquardt stole money out of Todd Duffee's wallet. I bet Todd was already thinking about what he was going to spend his KO of the Night bonuson.

Hopefully none of yall took any of my betting advice cause I took a beating hahaha. Well I guess it wasnt that bad. The Couture v. Nog fight was the one thatturned the tables for me but after a fight like THAT, I still walked out with a huge smile on my face even though I dropped a couple bucks. That fight wentexactly the opposite from what I expected. Talk about an absolute war in the cage. I didn't think Nog would get the better of the standup exchanges but hehad Randy woozy a couple of times. When he cinched in that D'arce I thought it was game over but Randy proved once again that he is a G. Kudos to bothfighters. Now looking forward.

Guida v. Kenflo makes for an intriguing matchup. I'm with Clutch on this one ant thin that Clay will no doubt attempt to clay and pray his way to victory.Early betting lines on this have Kenflo a slight favorite. I think it will make an interesting fight to see if Kenflo can utilize any of his BJJ from thebottom when he has a 155lb blanket on top of him.

As far as rumors goes, my buddy told me that some books have an opening line on Diego v. BJ. Any word on whether this is a confirmed (or even rumored) bout? Ifthat fight happens, I am either gettin PAID or my future kids are going to go to public school and junior college cause I would lay the house on BJ.

Hopefully there will be more buzz for UFC 103 (atleast in this thread?) with the return of THE PHENOM. In hindsight, UFC 102 would have been worth the PPV buy,but I totally thought it wouldn't be so I badgered one of my other friends to host. UFC 103 I will be forkin over my money for since I can't wait tosee Vitor back in the UFC.

UFC 103 has the potential to be one of the best fight cards of the year!

Vitor/Rich
Cro Cop/Dos Dantos
France/Griffin
Trigg/Koscheck
Swick/Kampmann

Can't wait!!!

^^There should be no controversary at all over that:

In fact, the day after UFC 102, Rosholt met up with Leben in the hotel lobby before they departed for their respective flights. One topic of conversation was whether or not Leben tapped out during their pay-per-view-televised fight. The referee of the duo's bout, Yves Lavigne, has come under fire over that very topic.

Soon after Rosholt secured the choke, Leben took his own arm and moved it toward his opponent's body. While some say Leben was clearly tapping, others say he may have simply been trying to throw a punch, position himself or even just feel around for Rosholt's body. Regardless, Lavigne didn't stop the action immediately. But seconds later, when Leben was clearly out cold, the bout was halted. Some blamed Lavigne for a late stoppage.

Rosholt said he hasn't gone back to watch the fight, but he said Leben was, in fact, tapping out.

"I felt him tap," Rosholt said. "It was a tap. In the lobby (the next day), Leben even said, 'I tried to tap, but I think I went out after that.' ... I knew going into that fight, if I went into the position, he was going to have to go out because he doesn't tap."

However, Rosholt was quick to defend Lavigne from criticism. He said before the fight even began, the veteran referee spoke to both fighters backstage and said a single tap or two doesn't constitute a tap-out. Instead, Lavigne told them, they had to be clear about their intentions.

Rosholt said he agreed with Lavigne's thoughts.

"I'd rather go out and have him (a referee) make a mistake ... than have him stop it after just one tap or whatever," he said.

not enough people are giving due credit to Minotauro for that win. the fight was damn entertaining and the win was impressive.

46 years old or not who just sweeps randy f'ing couture like that? no one. the answer was no one.

id rather have seen a nogueira title shot before carwin.

despite what many say, carwin and velaquez could have fought each other.

the ufc is still at a point where 1 or 2 wins (or one huge win) can earn a title shot and the fighter who lost that bout could easily have rebounded.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

UFC 103 has the potential to be one of the best fight cards of the year!

Vitor/Rich
Cro Cop/Dos Dantos
France/Griffin
Trigg/Koscheck
Swick/Kampmann

Can't wait!!!
Agreed. And TUF starts in 2 weeks. Can't wait!

much of todays mma fans dont know enough about minotauro.

he was very underrated striking skills

top level ground and submission game. the best bjj artist in all of heavyweight.

like i said before, when this man is healthy, he is almost unstoppable.

this dude was the PrideFC king until fedor stomped him twice.

awkward.

Fighters often times talk about how well they know their opponents. That usually stems from sitting cageside at their fights and/or watching mountains of video footage of their past fights. But Lyoto Machida and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua have taken it to a whole new level for their UFC 104 showdown.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship brought the main eventers and also Cain Velasquez and Ben Rothwell, who are meeting in a heavyweight bout, to Los Angeles on Tuesday to hold a press conference for media and fans to hype up the event.

Low and behold, with both flying in from Brazil, it was funny to find out that not only were Machida and Shogun on the same plane, but they actually sat next to one another the entire flight.

But in typical Brazilian fashion "it's no problem, my friend."

"To tell you the truth, Lyoto is a nice guy and we have been kind of friends for a while. We know each other for a while," said Shogun, who actually found a little humor in the situation.

"Even though we are friends, I got very surprised to see him on the plane and, actually, sitting next to me, side-by-side, on the whole flight from Brazil to here. It was a funny situation."

In this day and age of mixed martial artists arriving as highly regarded mainstream athletes, Shogun handled the situation with professionalism, having no problem sitting for several hours next to the man that he hopes to punch repeatedly in the face come Oct. 24 at The Staples Center.

"I think this doesn't interfere because we are both professionals and we're training hard. We all want the same goal, so we're gonna do our best."

slow day at work = lots of random internet vids.

vid 1: �the greatest fight ive ever seen.

vid 2: the magic begins at 1:05.

ADCC looks like it's gonna be awesome. Too bad GSP, Maia and Nate are no longer in. Jeff Monson Fabricio Werdum Renato Sobral Vinicius Magalhães DeanLister Alexandre Ribeiro Braulio Estima Ben Askren Yoshiyuki "Zenko" Yoshida Pablo Popovich Marcelo Garcia Kron Gracie Urijah Faber Jeff Curran LeoVieira Robert Drysdale Roger Gracie

I'm also looking forward to the new season of TUF. Wanna see if Kimbo has improved and excited since its heavyweights this year.

BJ vs. Diego now officially confirmed for UFC 107 on December 12.

9506-Penn-v-Diego.jpg

so far card looks like:

bj vs. diego
evans vs. jackson
mir vs. kongo
alves vs. thiago.

speculation is that sherk's 'injury' is actually the return of the roid shark.

Reports surfaced earlier today that Sean Sherk had withdrawn from his UFC 104 fight with Gleison Tibau due to a shoulder injury. However recent claims would suggest that Sherk's withdrawal is actually do to failing to appear for a drugs test.

The news was first disclosed by The Wrestling Observer.

"Word of the injury got out on the evening of 9/2, a few hours after he was scheduled to take a random drug test by the California State Athletic Commission. He didn't get on the flight to California and when he no-showed, UFC informed the commission that Sherk was injured and was off the card."

It won't be the first time that Sean Sherk has had a run in with the California State Athletic Commission. Following his positive drugs test and subsequent stripping of the title, Sherk stated

"There's no reason for me to ever fight in California again."

Sherk seems to be having a bad run of luck in his UFC career. First being stripped of his title, being beat by B.J. Penn in his title fight, losing his last fight against Frank Edgar and now this. Only time will tell whether Sherk can return to his former top flight status.

Back
Top Bottom