Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

you wouldn't want to see what could of happened if it was 5 rounds?
I would of

never count Randy Couture out of fights

he proved that about 3 times this fight

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

you wouldn't want to see what could of happened if it was 5 rounds?

possibly but the way it went i gotta say no, its pretty much because of that 2nd round where nog was hammer fisting couture and couture was just flailing hisarms to protect himself, had couture ended up stopping nog in those later rounds id feel like nog may have gotten robbed

but had it not been for that 2nd round knockdown, i wouldnt have minded 2 more rounds

at first i was glad to see yamasaki give randy a chance but its debatable, u could argue that he may have given randy a little too much time to recover

it was a great fight, 100x better than i thought it was going to be. Nog and Couture get major props, Randy got out of so many subs, i was shocked. Nice fight,but i am anticipating 103 like crazy, cant wait to see Vitor. I was surprised by the outcome of the Jardine fight. Other than that the card was eh..

i was rooting for Maia to win but dam he got knocked the hell out lol

oh and Thiago
pimp.gif
i want to see him in a rematch with Machida

I think Nog was offered a bonus for getting a submission thats why he let randy live..regardless it was a great fight, you really felt the crowd pulling forcouture but he just didnt have it in him.

the prospect of this card was so lacklustre that i forgot to watch.
laugh.gif
. me and some pals went to play pool and at like 11:30 one of them said'isnt the ufc on tonight?'

i said 'damn.' '.........meh.' and we kept playing.
laugh.gif
. caught all the fights on youtube though and it was a decent card.

Minotauro is back!

His boxng looked crisp as heck and his chin was rock solid.

the fight actually could have been stopped at the beginning of the third but they gave more leeway because it's randy.

Not once during the mir fight did i think mir looked great. the only thing i kept thinking was 'nogueira keeps plodding straight at him like that and notthrowing any strikes!' looks like those staph/knee claims were legit.

if only they had held off on the carwin fight announcement.

Did anyone catch Jardine pulling on his nipple before they fought and Tiago smiling at him? no ayo.

quick before zuffa comes in.

Originally Posted by Parker Peterson

Did anyone catch Jardine pulling on his nipple before they fought and Tiago smiling at him? no ayo.

noebyw.jpg

the nipple twist is a jackson camp thing. it's been around for a year or two now.

nog
smokin.gif

did his thing.

maia
sick.gif
embarassed.gif

now im convince Okami wud handle him.

thiago
pimp.gif

sweet left hook against techno viking.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

the prospect of this card was so lacklustre that i forgot to watch.
laugh.gif
. me and some pals went to play pool and at like 11:30 one of them said 'isnt the ufc on tonight?'

i said 'damn.' '.........meh.' and we kept playing.
laugh.gif
. caught all the fights on youtube though and it was a decent card.

Minotauro is back!

His boxng looked crisp as heck and his chin was rock solid.

the fight actually could have been stopped at the beginning of the third but they gave more leeway because it's randy.

Not once during the mir fight did i think mir looked great. the only thing i kept thinking was 'nogueira keeps plodding straight at him like that and not throwing any strikes!' looks like those staph/knee claims were legit.

if only they had held off on the carwin fight announcement.

indifferent.gif
Look who he was fighting. Plus his footwork looked like *%$, plushis punches where very slow, plus he drops his hands WAY to much.

nog's boxing looked bad... he has too much fight mileage on him... he is one of my faves all-time, so it was EPIC to see him beat another"people's champion"... if winning the UFC belt off Tim (to become the first true heavyweight champon of the world in the top two major orgs)didnt cememnt his legacy.. then this fight sealed his legacy in carbonite..

Originally Posted by Parker Peterson

2vhtclx.gif
jfd8o4.gif
160q907.gif

is anyone turned on yet?

Yea nogs boxing wasn't anything good. It's just that Randy is too slow now. Nog can hold his own on the stand up but he isn't handling anyone elselike that. The fights went pretty much the way I thought. Silva will work his way to a machida rematch. Surprised nog did that well in 3 rounds but great w forhim.

Nog vs. Couture fight proved to me that Lesnar would eat them both alive.

Dan Henderson vs. Marquardt for clear cut number one contender for MW needs to happen.

I knew Thiago would win. His only loss is to the current champ.

Fedor is the only one that can beat Nog when his fully healthy. Mir just got lucky and thought he's all that after beating Nog who at the time wassuffering from staph infection and a knee injury. he took a worse beating from fedor, crocop, and sapp, so i just knew that lose from mir had something elsegoing on.

couture vs nog... fight of the night. it was an awesome entertaining fight. i was rooting for couture but i knew that minotauro in shape would be very hard tobeat. randy got rocked and almost got submitted a few times. they were really going at each other and not pulling any punches. true warriors!!!

my dude Brandon Vera got that nice kickboxing. he just needs to keep disciplined and hungry and he'll be on his way to be a top contender and possibly afuture lhw champ.

Maia... that was sad to see. i was hoping he would pull off an upset with some spectacular bjj. he really needs to work on his stand up and striking. trainingwith wandy aint helping with that. he needs someone like rob kaman

^ co-sign with everything.

but yeah i don't see brock losing that title for a while. people try to lie to themselves saying carwin even has a chance.

Originally Posted by Battousai701

Fedor is the only one that can beat Nog when his fully healthy. Mir just got lucky and thought he's all that after beating Nog who at the time was suffering from staph infection and a knee injury. he took a worse beating from fedor, crocop, and sapp, so i just knew that lose from mir had something else going on.

couture vs nog... fight of the night. it was an awesome entertaining fight. i was rooting for couture but i knew that minotauro in shape would be very hard to beat. randy got rocked and almost got submitted a few times. they were really going at each other and not pulling any punches. true warriors!!!

my dude Brandon Vera got that nice kickboxing. he just needs to keep disciplined and hungry and he'll be on his way to be a top contender and possibly a future lhw champ.

Maia... that was sad to see. i was hoping he would pull off an upset with some spectacular bjj. he really needs to work on his stand up and striking. training with wandy aint helping with that. he needs someone like rob kaman
Carwin has the best chance of any HW in the UFC right now. Cain included.

that is what I have to say. sure nog is good, however he's vastly a guy who can take a hit but it not really ELITE. meaning top of "food chain"imo

Originally Posted by Ryda421

that is what I have to say. sure nog is good, however he's vastly a guy who can take a hit but it not really ELITE. meaning top of "food chain" imo
eyes.gif
Nog has long paid his dues to be in the Elite. A greatwrestler like Brock can neutralize him though like what Ricco Rodrgiuez did in his prime even though they still gave the W to Nog because it was Pride.

Anyhow

Nogueira ($400,000/includes win bonus of $150,000) def. Randy Couture ($250,000)
*Nogueira and Couture also earned an extra $60,000 for "UFC 102 Fight of the Night"

Thiago Silva ($58,000/includes win bonus of $29,000) def. Keith Jardine ($55,000)

Jake Rosholt ($26,000/includes win bonus of $13,000) def. Chris Leben ($30,000)
*Rosholt also earned an extra $60,000 for "UFC 102 Submission of the Night"

Nate Marquardt ($80,000/includes win bonus of $40,000) def. Demian Maia ($28,000)
*Marquardt also earned an extra $60,000 for "UFC 102 Knockout of the Night"

Brandon Vera ($70,000/includes win bonus of $35,000) def. Krzystzof Soszynski ($8,000)

Back
Top Bottom