Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Some News:

- looks like Strikeforce just nabbed Jacare.

that partnership with DREAM is really working out for Strikeforce.

- Strikeforce is instituting an Interim Middleweight Championship (apparently for no reason other than the fact that Cung Le hasnt fought in a long time......for no reason)

jake shields will face and undetermined opponent. Jacare? Fedor and Overeem will possibly fight on the same card. (separately).

- ishida's camp is making a protest citing greasing.

- murmurs of sexyama to 170.

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

"just let me know Saturday night
laugh.gif
Forrest is about to win me 50 cash bucks
pimp.gif
I'm so Happy
happy.gif
Good day to you Mojo."
Looks like another NTer would rather retire their screenname than pay me out on a bet they LOST.

hold up.

after alllll that BS about how others were interjecting for no reason because he's a person who pays his debt and HE DIDNT PAY??!!!

Of course he didnt pay.

I couldve told you that tool wasnt gonna pay before the fight even took place.

bahahahahaha yea I figured the kid wouldn't pay but it was a no lose situation for me cause I also knew that Silva had virtually no chance of losing.

The Strikeforce Middleweight Championship is such a sham. If Le doesn't want to fight that is his perrogative to do so, but damn.... why hold up theentire division while he pursues other career ambitions. Strip him of the belt and give him a crack at a #1 contender fight if or when he ever decides tofight again.

I havent heard anything about Sexyama goin to 170 but if he can make the cut I think that would be a good move for him. I think there are many more solidmatchups for him at 170 then there are at 185. I'd like to see how he does against an upper level fighter like a Koscheck.

Update:

- looks as if Mayhem could be shields' opponent for the interim crappityweight championship.

UFC 102 should be a solid night of mma.

most fans like randy but i think im going to be cheering for Nog in this one.

before the big dispute, randy turned down this fight, essentially implying that it posed no challenge to him.

it would be ironic for him to have nog end his career. if he doesnt win this fight he doesnt really have anywhere to go from there.

he could end his career trapped in an armbar essentially having to decide between retirement and retirement starting with a broken arm all at the hands of theguy who wasnt worth fighting a year and a half ago.

Update:

- looks as if Mayhem could be shields' opponent for the interim crappityweight championship.

UFC 102 should be a solid night of mma.

most fans like randy but i think im going to be cheering for Nog in this one.

before the big dispute, randy turned down this fight, essentially implying that it posed no challenge to him.

it would be ironic for him to have nog end his career. if he doesnt win this fight he doesnt really have anywhere to go from there.

he could end his career trapped in an armbar essentially having to decide between retirement and retirement starting with a broken arm all at the hands of the guy who wasnt worth fighting a year and a half ago.

I too will be rooting for Nog. No knock on Couture, but I've always enjoyed watching Nog fight, seems like a nice dude, class act, someone I would want tokick it with. I think people are counting him out due to his piss poor performance against Mir. If Nog is 100% I see him having a SLIGHT edge.

UFC102 from a bettor's standpoint looks like a big BUST. No promising lines to really put money on. It may be the first even in awhile that I sit out orscale down my bets drastically.

This is what I am thinking about so far, but again... none look like EXCELLENT value (yet) by any means

Thiago Silva +135 range over Keith Jardine
Nate Marquardt -150 range over Demian Maia
Nog +150 range over Couture

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I too will be rooting for Nog. No knock on Couture, but I've always enjoyed watching Nog fight, seems like a nice dude, class act, someone I would want to kick it with. I think people are counting him out due to his piss poor performance against Mir. If Nog is 100% I see him having a SLIGHT edge.
i was under the impression he had some sort of knee issue during that fight that has since been fixed.

Lil Nog
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
his boxing is sick

Sexyama at 170
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
very nice, if h does this I would book the title fight with GSP right away. Finally someone that can match GSP in size, strength and skill

^ whoever could this be?
eyes.gif

pay your debt.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Sexyama at 170
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
very nice, if h does this I would book the title fight with GSP right away. Finally someone that can match GSP in size, strength and skill

No.

apparently tito's return in the epic battle between he ans mark coleman has officially set for ufc 106 on nov 21.

yeah, im not sure why so many fans are outraged.

it was a very close fight, and even though he ate a lot of leg kicks in the 3rd, sexyama got a take down and landed 2 or 3 really solid shots in the last 30seconds.

sort of reminded me of jardines last fight in that it was so close that one small thing could win the fight.

i thought he would have won on the scorecards if he didnt charge in like a moron at the end of the 3rd round.

the leg kicks definitely scored points. then people got wowed by the punch off the fence.

it skewed the view of most fans.

^ whoever could this be?
eyes.gif

pay your debt.

Sexyama at 170
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No.

apparently tito's return in the epic battle between he ans mark coleman has officially set for ufc 106 on nov 21.
Did I miss something, do you have a problem with me?

Anyway I disagree with you, Akiyama at 170 would be the same size as George as a welterweight fighter ( 5'10 and over 185 pounds walking around), Akiyamais very strong physically, and he has very good standup, takedowns and ground game skills just like George. Plus Akiyama has knock out power which St.Peirredoes not. I never siad anything like "Sexyama will destro GSP" but I do think thank Sexyama will give GSP a bette challenege than anyone else at 170.GSP will rape Swick or Kampman and I don't want to see GSP school Fitch again. If you are juding Akiyama just on the Belcher fighter then you are notgiving the dude his due.

Meh, I still think Belcher won that fight. Depending on how you look at it, it couldve gone either way but I had Belcher winning that even if I was rooting forAkiyama.30-27 for the other judge?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
It's still fresh in my mind. a 29-28 would've been more accurate,but oh well
ohwell.gif

Just looking to see a great fight bet Randy and Nog (eventhough everyone's gonna be chanting USA! USA!
tired.gif
)

Lil Nog
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
his boxing is sick

Sexyama at 170
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

has to be the same guy

When can I see the Carano/Cyborg fight on t.v.? Or have I already missed the opportunity?

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

Lil Nog
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
his boxing is sick

Sexyama at 170
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

has to be the same guy
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Who is this guy you dudes are referring too? My old scene name that got hacked was"rickybadman". Anyway what is the problem with saying a accomplished 185lb fighter like Akiyama would match good with GSP. Denis Kang is looking tomove to 170 and I think he would match up good with GSP too.

People talk about GSP immediately seeing Spider, how bout GSP fight another solid 185er before he gets fed to the lion.

I think Sexyama will bring war against him also.

Lil Nog in the UFC is good cuz Big Nog is about done. Big Nog bout to beat Randy though.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I had Akiyama winning the 1st and 2nd rounds. I wouldn't call it a robbery at all.

It was robbery.

Someone scored the fight 30-27 for Akiyama.

That's not even close to representing what happened in the cage that night and an obvious sign to me at least that the kickboxing wasn't scored the waywe'd usually expect in an MMA match.

That's just me, though. I was pulling for Akiyama, and the robbery made me 5 for 5 for the main card that night if I recall correctly.

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

Lil Nog
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
his boxing is sick

Sexyama at 170
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

has to be the same guy
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Who is this guy you dudes are referring too? My old scene name that got hacked was "rickybadman". Anyway what is the problem with saying a accomplished 185lb fighter like Akiyama would match good with GSP. Denis Kang is looking to move to 170 and I think he would match up good with GSP too.
It's not him.

RustyShakleford = RickyBadMan

Confirmed through IP.

Back
Top Bottom