Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

That was VERY entertaining! I would LOVE to see more women fight and WISH I went to this one. Is it really the last televised one?
frown.gif

Cyborg fights like a damn man.

But I was surprised Gina held her own so well, there were at least 2-3 times where I saw her in trouble and thought it was over.

Gina did really good against a man.. i'm serious. Most girls would have given up, called for rape, etc.. Gina hung in there. Damn, i'm still bummedout

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Gina did really good against a man.. i'm serious. Most girls would have given up, called for rape, etc.. Gina hung in there. Damn, i'm still bummed out
I'm not too bummed out about her losing. I'm more bummed out about her not taking advantage of that mount early on. She landed a niceshot, but was already getting up. When she fell on top I thought she had a chance to win there.

ufc needs to keep tabs on mousasi and grab him as soon as he's a free agent.

he's said a bunch of times that he cant make 185 anymore but that's just a bit of laziness on his part. he's not old by anymeans and his bodyshould definitely still be able to handle the cut. plus he made weight less than a year ago.

with the casual fan exposure from the showtime crowd he could be set up as a potential foil to anderson silva.

of course anderson would annihilate him when they actually fought but all they have to do is make it look like he can beat silva.

Originally Posted by drock2010

She should of got saved by the bell

no. she shouldnt have.

they even slow mo'd it multiple times and she was clearly stopped before the bell.

even if he had been they would have stopped the fight between rounds.

Gina lost before she got in the cage.

She was too intimidated and too respectful of Cyborg from the get go and she was overwhelmed by the event. You could see her hyperventilating at the weigh in.

I still think she could beat Cyborg with the right mindframe and gameplan.

Entertaining round though.

Originally Posted by drock2010

She should of got saved by the bell

just to catch a 2nd Round KO (word to 'Bis).... the only way she could've won that fight is if Couture slipped her a pistol.

gina should learn how to take full advantage of a mount position. fly down to hawaii and learn from bj penn. overall, the fight was good and entertaining.cyborg is a she-male beast. randy couture is gonna console carano real good.

mousasi is the truth!! that babalu fight was too easy for him.

Originally Posted by Battousai701

overall, the fight was good and entertaining.

competitive too.

i dont know why everyone is actiong like gina got mauled from the bell.

i was actually fairly competitive for most of the fight she even had santos backing up for a little bit.

in fact she really should have won the fight early on with that mount but her ground game obviously lacks polish and i guess she wanted to try and outstrikesantos.

id definitely tune in for a rematch and expect it to be even more competitive.

Originally Posted by quik1987

They already have Urijah no? WEC = Zuffa

yup.

and he sure as hell isnt going to fight at 155.

there are some big lightweights these days.

he'd get mauled.

he's not even super lean at 145 he could likely make bantamweight if he really wanted to .

The only alternative is if they were to merge WEC with UFC, which I would have no complaints against.

TUF Lightweight and Featherweight

actually i dont think id have to much to say if they intergrated the featherweight division into the ufc.

it's already gotten a ton of exposure and has shown it can be a draw.

wec's division is decently talent laden, brown, aldo, faber, garcia, fabiano.

it's probably the fastest growing division in the world and on a global scale is loaded with talent.

Lion Inoue, Hatsu Hioki, Kid Yamamoto, etc.

the potential is definitely there.

Back
Top Bottom