Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Cot damn, Babalu's senses was in another planet!

Mousasi knew he was out and he probably felt bad because he could have easily landed more punches.

It sucks to see that if it wasnt for age my wouldve been wife lose like that. It also sucked to see Babula lose, aswell. Now all I got is Alistair.

Originally Posted by JaywhYeS

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

I missed it. Where can I watch a recap online?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
here.
Thanks!

..but
frown.gif
@ Gina.

Originally Posted by BallRN23

Classy move by Mousasi to stop before the ref stepped in.

not seen enough in my opinion.

fight to the bell or ref stoppage? fair enough.

but when fighters are blatantly unconscious it's up to the fighter to not add any unneccesary damage.

and contrary to what some fighter might say in defense of their actions it is actually quite easy to tell when a fighter has been completely ko'd.

some fighters are classy and are actually concerned about their opponents when they get KO'ed

some would actually stop from giving additional damage

while others do it on purpose to inflict more unnecessary pain

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

but when fighters are blatantly unconscious it's up to the fighter to not add any unneccesary damage.

and contrary to what some fighter might say in defense of their actions it is actually quite easy to tell when a fighter has been completely ko'd.
You're definitely right about that. Over and over again (including Dan Henderson) we see fighters throw a few more strikes after theiropponent is out. Ironically, wasn't it Sobral who held a choke way after his opponent tapped out and the ref stepped in?

You're definitely right about that. Over and over again (including Dan Henderson) we see fighters throw a few more strikes after their opponent is out. Ironically, wasn't it Sobral who held a choke way after his opponent tapped out and the ref stepped in?

yup. got him fined and released from his UFC contract..

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

You're definitely right about that. Over and over again (including Dan Henderson) we see fighters throw a few more strikes after their opponent is out. Ironically, wasn't it Sobral who held a choke way after his opponent tapped out and the ref stepped in?

It's even more ironic that Bj did the same thing to Pulver but no one seemed to care.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

It's even more ironic that Bj did the same thing to Pulver but no one seemed to care.
laugh.gif
But BJ was not stupid enough to say he did it on purpose in the post-fight interview.

^actually I remember him saying he wanted to put Pulver to sleep but I don't think it matters. What matters is the ref shrugging Penn off and him stillholding on to Pulvers neck. A bunch of fighters admit to doing grimey stuff but they don't get the boot if they're a good asset. I remember Kongoadmitted to kicking Cro Cop in the balls on purpose in an interview as well.

Someone on MMAJunkie had the best response to the Chuck/DWTS post:

"Fedor was slotted for a spot on the show, but ABC wouldn't agree to co-promote with M-1".

chuckdwts.jpg

laugh.gif

Yes.

and yet Babalu got fined/suspended/released for that Anaconda...and evidently BJ didn't let go for a long time.

anyways, we're all beating a dead horse here.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

laugh.gif
But BJ was not stupid enough to say he did it on purpose in the post-fight interview.

bj also didnt hold on for nearly as long as sobral did.

Originally Posted by Muscle Shark

It sucks to see that if it wasnt for age my wouldve been wife lose like that. It also sucked to see Babula lose, aswell. Now all I got is Alistair.

Was this a coherent thought? My head hurts.

Damn. I was out of town and missed the Strikeforce event but it looks like it was a good one. Glad to see Mousasi do his thing as this kid is on the cusp ofsuperstardom if he keeps it up. I hope he can continue to get competition and exposure stateside and then hopefully make the jump to the UFC.

"just let me know Saturday night
laugh.gif
Forrest is about to win me 50 cash bucks
pimp.gif
I'm so Happy
happy.gif
Good day to you Mojo."
Looks like another NTer would rather retire their screenname than pay me out on a bet they LOST.

hold up.

after alllll that BS about how others were interjecting for no reason because he's a person who pays his debt and HE DIDNT PAY??!!!

"just let me know Saturday night
laugh.gif
Forrest is about to win me 50 cash bucks
pimp.gif
I'm so Happy
happy.gif
Good day to you Mojo."
Looks like another NTer would rather retire their screenname than pay me out on a bet they LOST.

hold up.

after alllll that BS about how others were interjecting for no reason because he's a person who pays his debt and HE DIDNT PAY??!!!

Of course he didnt pay.

I couldve told you that tool wasnt gonna pay before the fight even took place.

Back
Top Bottom