Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

WOW.

I mean as much as I want to see Fedor in the UFC, getting Vitor and IMMEDIATELY putting him up against Ace at UFC103 is a decent consolation prize. Man when Iread that I literally got chills (yea i know, im a lame). Can't wait to see what he can do against Franklin.

Any idea where we can hear the conference call?

Nice pickup. Hope Vitor smashes Rich's face in with his boxing
devil.gif

so what does that mean for homerun hendo?

as for fedor, i think that's the most the UFC can do to try and sign him. looks like he wont be there in near future.

Hendo will be getting next shot at Spider.

caught that on mmaw. right after i posted.

lotta things happening in mma today.

- hendo back in as the #1 contender at 185.

- tito wants to fight the best....................will likely face mark coleman first
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

- paul daley now officially signed.

- barnett's 2nd sample also positive.

- m-1 claims reported ufc offer was never made.

White on Fedor: 'We tried everything'
On the morning of negotiations with M-1 Global and Fedor Emelianenko, Dana White didn't just wake with a good feeling. The UFC president says he knew he was going to sign the top-ranked heavyweight in the world.

"This is going to happen," White said he told UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta. "It's going to happen today. We're going to make this thing happen."

Days later, however, Emelianenko is back in Russia and still outside the UFC. White was adamant during a media conference call Friday that the fault belongs to M-1 Global.

"I was f---ing miserable, miserable … because we couldn't make this deal," White said. "I was so confident we were going to get this done because we were willing to do it. We were willing to make a deal at almost any cost."

The "almost" involves co-promoting. White said he won't do a deal that includes co-promotion, and M-1 Global President Vadim Finkelstein has said he won't do one that excludes it.

"We built this business, this entire freaking industry," White said. "How are they going to come in and help us co-promote? It's basically them coming and saying, 'We've got this guy and some people say he might be the best heavyweight in the world. So for that, we want half your business.' Yeah, OK. That sh-t probably works in Russia. Not here."

White added that the Fertittas' gaming license would hinder co-promoting with M-1.

"People from other countries just don't walk in and jump in business with the Fertitta brothers," he said. "There has to be full background checks and all kinds of crazy sh-t. It doesn't work that way. It's impossible; it will never happen."

Other than co-promotion, White said he had relented on previous sticking points such as allowing Emelianenko to compete in sambo tournaments. He characterized himself as "the nicest Dana ever" during negotiations and described his offer to Emelianenko as "amazing." No figures were discussed, but White guaranteed the Russian would not be offered a better deal.

"He got offered a f---ing assload of money," White said. "A ton of money, everything he wanted. He can go fight in sambo every f---ing Thursday night if he wants to. He can do everything he wanted to. We showed them nothing but respect."

White sounded equal parts angry and exasperated Friday. He had said he didn't want to discuss Emelianenko but then did numerous times over the hour-long call.

"It's insanity to turn down a deal like this," White said. "To turn down a deal like this, you don't care about proving you're the best in the world. You don't want to fight the best in the world. You don't care about money. How do you deal with something like that?"

Several times White reiterated that the door to a deal was still open, then he kind of closed it by saying he was over the deal and didn't want to discuss Emelianenko anymore, then he opened it again by saying M-1 could call him right then and they could reach an agreement if they'd budge on co-promoting.

By the call's end White was back to questioning Emelianenko's status as the best in the world and wondering why the media cares so much about a heavyweight who will not challenge himself in the sport's top promotion.

In that way, the UFC wagons have circled. Might as well. M-1's are going round and round, too, and against everything Dana White was certain of when he woke one morning this week, Fedor Emelianenko is still not in the UFC.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/white-on-fedor-we-tried-everything-18850

Pardon my language but:

!*** M-1 and $%!!##+%!!*#! VADIM

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

What more could Dana do? I don't see how anyone could be against Dana and his actions. I'dbe pisssed and tired at the same time too plus confident that he would have landed Fedor. I'm glad Tito and Vitor are back but Fedor NEEDS to be in theUFC.

"He got offered a f---ing assload of money," White said. "A ton of money, everything he wanted. He can go fight in sambo every f---ing Thursday night if he wants to.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Quote of the MFing year

...but anyhow, I'm not remotely surprised.

just watched the UFC 101 countdown.

if forrest can manage to beat anderson silva he not only deserves a title shot, he deserves a bonus, a plaque, the key to the city of philidelphia, and freeice cream at baskin robbins for a year.

UFC 100 does 1.72 million buys
Dana also pretty much admitted that he's going to have to jump off the Mandalay Bay once they figure out how to do it. He did not give a buyrate figure, but the number we've heard from several sources now both inside and outside UFC is approximately 1.72 million buys.

- Dave Meltzer

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

"He got offered a f---ing assload of money," White said. "A ton of money, everything he wanted. He can go fight in sambo every f---ing Thursday night if he wants to.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Quote of the MFing year

roll.gif
roll.gif

people can say what they want about Dana, but duke is funny as hell sometimes.

ufc 103 main event is going to be at 195 lbs.

these fights are going to be the beginnings of a Super Middleweight division.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Dana is a funny guy, but not signing Fedor sucks, hope they can eventually work something out
It does suck not to have Fedor in the UFC but Dana and co. did everything they could to get it done. Those M-1 dudes are greedy as hell, if Fedorwasn't under them, I'm sure there's no doubt he'd be in the UFC already.

Not doing anything tonight, might as well make predictions for next weekend's UFC 101:

MAIN CARD
  • Champ B.J. Penn vs. Kenny Florian (for UFC lightweight title)
  • Champ Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin (non-title fight)
  • Johny Hendricks vs. Amir Sadollah
  • Ricardo Almeida vs. Kendall Grove
  • Josh Neer vs. Kurt Pellgrino

looks like GSP is going to be competing at the ADCC world championship again, if he's healed up in time.

leo santos armbar was filthy
smh.gif

What's up with this thread?

I'm clicking on pages and it's only showing like 5-7 replies and some pages aren't even showing replies at all.

Oh okay... I just posted in this thread now, and it seems to have solved that problem… carry on as you were fellas.

Fedor Emelianenko signs with Strikeforce
After a week of intense negotiations and speculation, the hottest topic of discussion in the professional fight world has come to a head as the world's number one heavyweight and most sought after mixed martial arts (MMA) champion Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko has signed a historic, multi-fight agreement that will see him headline mega-events co-promoted by world championship promotions STRIKEFORCE and M-1 Global.

Emelianenko, known globally as Fedor, will make his premium television debut this Fall when his first fight under the new agreement airs live on SHOWTIME[emoji]174[/emoji]. Up until now, Emelianenko's live fights have aired exclusively on pay-per-view in the United States.

"I am looking forward to going back to work and fighting at the highest level," said the 33-year-old Emelianenko. During his nine year professional fight career, which included a four and a half year stay with the world's former top MMA promotion, the now defunct PRIDE Fighting Championship, the Russian native has faced and defeated all comers.

In his last effort, the 6-foot, 235-pound Emelianenko decimated the number two ranked heavyweight at the time Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski with a single punch in the first round (3:14) of the main event of Affliction: "Day of Reckoning" at Anaheim, California's Honda Center on January 24.

"STRIKEFORCE is a top fight promotion that houses some of the greatest fighters in the world," continued Emelianenko. "I am prepared to fight any of them."

"We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to work with M-1 Global and Fedor," said STRIKEFORCE Founder and CEO Scott Coker, a martial arts fight promoter of over 25 years. "Fedor has been the reigning king of MMA's heavyweight division for quite some time now so being able to work with M-1 and Fedor will substantially increase the level of competition amongst the athletes in this weight class."

"With the addition of Fedor and STRIKEFORCE's new relationship with M-1 Global, SHOWTIME is now the home of the best pound-for-pound male and female fighters in the world," said Ken Hershman, Senior VP and General Manager of SHOWTIME Sports[emoji]174[/emoji]. "The Aug. 15 Carano-Cyborg matchup on SHOWTIME will clearly determine the best female mixed martial artist on the planet. Then, come this Fall, our subscribers again will witness history when the universally recognized best male fighter - Fedor Emelianenko - joins the already long list of world-class athletes on the STRIKEFORCE roster, and for the first time ever plies his skills live on SHOWTIME."

Hershman continued: "We are better positioned now than ever before to deliver on our promise to televise the top fighters in mixed martial arts today."

"I am very happy and excited about the upcoming collaboration with Strikeforce," said Vadim Finkelchtein, President of M-1 Global. "We are very pleased that we found a reliable partner and I feel that Strikeforce and M-1 can support each other on many things. This will create big opportunities for both parties to test their fighters against worthy opponents."

Though his official professional record is 30-1, Emelianenko is considered undefeated. The only blemish on his record is a December 22, 2000 fight that was stopped after 17 seconds and declared a TKO in favor of his opponent, Tsuyoshi Kohsaka, due to a cut Emelianenko sustained in the opening seconds of the matchup in Osaka, Japan.

Amongst those on Emelianenko's list of impressive conquests are former PRIDE Heavyweight Champions Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mark "The Hammer" Coleman, and Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic as well as former UFC Heavyweight Champions Kevin "The Monster" Randleman and Tim Sylvia, whom Emelianenko submitted with a rear naked choke only 36 seconds into their main event showdown at Affliction: "Banned" on July 19, 2008.

Despite his extensive experience, Emelianenko's debut under the new STRIKEFORCE-M-1 venture will, interestingly enough, mark his first start in a cage. To date, all of his bouts have taken place in a ring.

After co-promoting two events live on SHOWTIME in 2007 and 2008, STRIKEFORCE in March 2009 signed a multi-year agreement to stage live MMA events on the premium cable television network.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Report-Fedor-Emelianenko-signs-with-Strikeforce.html

^ just saw this and WOW.

But who is he going to fight? Rogers, Overeem, then...? Coker needs to do whatever he can to shore up the HW division for Strikeforce or else Fedor is going tobe fighting a buncha tomato cans real soon.

Back
Top Bottom