Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

[table][tr][td]
Fedor Open to UFC Talks
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Options: [img]http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/icons/email_icon.gif[/img] Email Article | [img]http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/icons/printer_icon.gif[/img] Printer Friendly [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
thumbnail_crop.php

Sunday, July 26, 2009
by Brian Knapp ([email protected])

The cancellation of Affliction "Trilogy" and resulting collapse of Affliction Entertainment as a mixed martial arts promotion, leaves the UFC with perhaps its best chance to date to land former Pride Fighting Championships heavyweight titleholder Fedor Emelianenko.

Still, Vadim Finkelchtein, Emelianenko's manager and M-1 Global president, clings to the idea that the Russian's involvement with the UFC will only come through co-promotional efforts.

"This is the moment of truth that the UFC has talked about," Finkelchtein said in a statement on the M-1 Global Web site. "Fedor and I are here in the states. If they want to come out and fly here, we are ready to conduct negotiations. Of course, it still doesn't imply we are ready to accept any conditions they'll throw at us. We want to talk to the UFC about having Fedor compete against some of their fighters, but only within the framework of co-promotional efforts with M-1 Global."

Unbeaten in his past 27 fights, Emelianenko (30-1, 1 NC) flattened former UFC champions Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia in his most recent outings in the ring. The 32-year-old Russian knocked out Arlovski with one punch 3:14 into their match at Affliction "Day of Reckoning," as he posted his 10th consecutive victory since a no contest in 2004.

Hard to handle on his feet and on the ground, Emelianenko has finished his last five opponents inside one round and holds victories against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, 2006 Pride Open Weight Grand Prix winner Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic and former UFC heavyweight champions Mark Coleman and Kevin Randleman. He has delivered 23 of his 30 career wins by knockout, technical knockout or submission.

Emelianenko was booked to face Josh Barnett in the Affliction "Trilogy" main event on Aug. 1 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. However, the bout fell through when Barnett tested positive for a banned anabolic agent, causing the entire event to collapse. What move Emelianenko, the world's top heavyweight, makes from here remains to be seen.

"We are now with Fedor in the US, and we hope to make a decision about his next fight within the next few days," Finkelchtein said. "There are many business meetings and negotiations planned with all the major promotions."
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

so now we wait

Not really MMA-related, but I was at the 10:15 Joe Rogan show last night at Cobbs in San Francisco.

Dude was hilarious.

Anyway, as expected, there was a sprinkling of dudes that know him from UFC, so there was a dude standing behind me and my boys that was just rambling onabout MMA stuff. I heard one mention something about asking Joe to say "on the button". At the end of Joe's show, people are just shoutingstuff out for him to speak on, and on the other side of the club, I hear some dude shout, "Say 'On the button!'".

Joe said something along the lines of, "Dude, you really need to to do more in your life than just watch half naked guys rolling around with eachother".

"Do you train?"

Guy - " Yeah, BJJ"

Joe - "What belt are you?

Guy - "Orange"

Joe - "So you're a fake BJJ guy?"

So obviously, lulz.

Ealier in the show, he mentioned that there was a guy Denny that was a brown belt in BJJ, which was met with applause.

Joe asks him, "There isn't an orange belt is BJJ. Is there a ****** ORANGE belt?"

Denny - "Yeah, for little kids."

Joe (to the fake BJJ guy) - "Dude, you need to aim a little higher."

Lulz.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Not really MMA-related, but I was at the 10:15 Joe Rogan show last night at Cobbs in San Francisco.

Dude was hilarious.

Anyway, as expected, there was a sprinkling of dudes that know him from UFC, so there was a dude standing behind me and my boys that was just rambling on about MMA stuff. I heard one mention something about asking Joe to say "on the button". At the end of Joe's show, people are just shouting stuff out for him to speak on, and on the other side of the club, I hear some dude shout, "Say 'On the button!'".

Joe said something along the lines of, "Dude, you really need to to do more in your life than just watch half naked guys rolling around with each other".

"Do you train?"

Guy - " Yeah, BJJ"

Joe - "What belt are you?

Guy - "Orange"

Joe - "So you're a fake BJJ guy?"

So obviously, lulz.

Ealier in the show, he mentioned that there was a guy Denny that was a brown belt in BJJ, which was met with applause.

Joe asks him, "There isn't an orange belt is BJJ. Is there a ****** ORANGE belt?"

Denny - "Yeah, for little kids."

Joe (to the fake BJJ guy) - "Dude, you need to aim a little higher."

Lulz.

hahahahhaa dude got put in his place.
I dont care what people say, I think Joe Rogan is funny. Sure his stuff is mostly weed/@$*%/fart jokes but I find it hilarious. I havent seen him do a fullset before, only like a 20 minute thing at some KROQ Comedy Show a few months back but I definitely want to check out his full routine.

Im pulling for Rashad in his inevitable matchup with Rampage.

Evans is one of my favorites and will be back to being a serious contender once he takes out Jackson

[h1]Fedor Emelianenko, UFC finalizing deal[/h1]
2:24 PM, July 28, 2009

A long-awaited agreement between the Ultimate Fighting Championship and the man considered the world's best mixed martialarts fighter, Fedor Emelianenko, is expected to be announced by UFC President Dana White on Friday, a source with informationabout the negotiations told The Times today.

The source, who asked not to be identified because he's not authorized to speak publicly about the dealings, called negotiations between the UFC andFedor "very civil" just days after Fedor's scheduled Affliction Trilogy fight Saturday against Josh Barnett was canceled.

Affliction wound up folding its MMA promotion activities and announced an apparel deal to sponsor UFC.

Now, Fedor, who has previously fought in organizations including PRIDE Fighting Championships in Japan, Bodog Fight and Affliction, is crossing over to theworld's most successful MMA fighting organization, as well.

With a 30-1 record that includes victories over former UFC heavyweight champions Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski and Antonio RodrigoNogueira, Emelianenko would likely get an immediate shot at reigning UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar.

The source, who is not affiliated with the UFC, said officials were discussing details on the public announcement of the deal, which in the past has beencomplicated by Emelianenko's resistance to accept UFC's standard six-fight contract and his unwillingness to surrender some merchandising and marketingrevenues.

But this month White said he was optimistic he could bring Emelianenko aboard, and his confidence was well-placed. The UFC declined to elaborate onFriday's scheduled announcement.

-- Lance Pugmire
from latimesblogs

The source, who is not affiliated with the UFC, said officials were discussing details on the public announcement of the deal, which in the past has been complicated by Emelianenko's resistance to accept UFC's standard six-fight contract and his unwillingness to surrender some merchandising and marketing revenues.
I won't believe it until I see it and I won't even be optimistic about this until the UG or mmaweekly post this.

Originally Posted by Club29

Evans is one of my favorites and will be back to being a serious contender once he takes out Jackson
QFT. Rashad has been starting to grow on me. Watching his previous fights. Some fans don't know he's good but just hate him for his cockyside. Bottom line imo, Rashad is a top contender right now and he's going to stay that way for a while.

Originally Posted by Legendk1ller

Originally Posted by Club29

Some fans don't know he's good but just hate him for his cocky side.

Really? I mean its hard to make an argument that Rashad is not a top 5 205er. He's definitely got skills and upside to get better. That being said, heis not going to sniff the belt for awhile. He fights Machida 10 times and maybe wins 1 out of 10.

Watch out for Danillo Villefort coming up on the UFC 101 prelims against Jesse Lennox.

Dude is a fierce American Top Team Product with an amazing ground game.

You may have seen him in WEC most recently.

Ive had the pleasure to train under him a few times over the last couple of years, and he's a hell of a guy (and really knows how to party at the club too
laugh.gif
)

WAR VILLEFORT!

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

You think if Brett Rogers took the fight it would be a bad career move? I mean the money for this fight is good, from all reports at least $500K, but would a loss, should it happen, set him back? Guess what I am trying to say does Rogers ever see a $500K payday in his career?
is a loss to fedor really a blemish on someone's career? especially if that loss was in a match that was taken on very short notice?

rogers would have nothing to lose and everything to gain if he were to take such a fight [especially if it's a $500k payday]. a loss wouldn't set him back because it's fedor and a win would gain him a whole lot because it's fedor..

I disagree. What Rogers has to lose comes in the form of a serious beating. The kind that people never fully bounce back from (ie. Hendo KO of Wandy).

I think Wandy vs Cro Cop was a better comp

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

The biggest news to come out of Fedor's conference is he will be starring in EA's new videogame.
And if that happens there is no way he's gonna be in the UFC anytime soon.

I believe it when I see it...I mean, just read this:
[table][tr][td]
M-1: No Fedor in UFC Without Co-Promoting
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Options: [img]http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/icons/email_icon.gif[/img] Email Article | [img]http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/icons/printer_icon.gif[/img] Printer Friendly [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
thumbnail_crop.php

Wednesday, July 29, 2009
by Loretta Hunt ([email protected])

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Fedor Emelianenko, the top-ranked heavyweight in the world, will not fight in the UFC unless Dana White and company agree to co-promote with Emelianenko's partners at M-1 Global.

M-1 Global CEO Vadim Finkelstein made that clear Wednesday at a news conference. Finkelstein confirmed that M-1 Global had negotiated with UFC officials as recently as Tuesday.

"We are open," Finkelstein said. "We do want to work with the UFC. We do want to work with other promotions."

Finkelstein said the UFC made a new offer to Emelianenko, and M-1 Global made a counteroffer. However, Finkelstein said Emeliananko would not proceed without a co-promotional effort between M-1 and the UFC where they shared expenses and profits.

Finkelstein also communicated that the UFC's representation in the media of his negotiations with the organization has not been accurate. He said Emelianenko has been made completely aware of any deals, past and present, that have been offered.

"I have 100 percent faith in Vadim and M-1 Global," Emelianenko said.

M-1 Global also pressured the UFC by saying they are in talks with other shows, including Strikeforce.

"We're not going to wait," Finkelstein said. "We have to move forward. It might be that very soon we will be able to announce a deal with another promotion. I'm going to tell you that we're only going to work under co-promotion conditions."
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

This is probably the closest Dana has gotten to signing the Last Emperor but I believe it when I see it.

Also, I hope it's not the money that Fedor and co. is b___ing about (and I hope it's only the contract). He should be thinking about potentialopponents, not the money anymore. He'll get crazy dough just off promotions in the US.

^^
laugh.gif
there is no way Dana is gonna co-promote with M1 Global.

Frankly, it would be stupid on his part if he did.

Going to the UFC fight night sept 16th in OKC, then heading home after DVR'ing the new Season of Ultimate Fighter!!!

and likewise on the Fedor/ UFC talk.. I wont believe it until he is in the Octogon.!

What M-1 meant by the UFC's"very generous offer"....

By: Carmichael Dave
CBS Radio MMA Host
Twitter.com/Carmichaeldave

So we all know the deal with M-1 and what they are saying about co-promotion. I'm not here to say who's right and wrong in this deal, but I can tell you some of the specifics that were offered to Fedor.....

- The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract. That's 5 mil a fight

- The UFC offered Fedor an immediate title shot

- Lesnar/Fedor would be the biggest PPV in MMA history (we assume), and the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV on top of Fedor's purse.

- Fedor was free to wear as many M-1 logoed items as he wished.

- The UFC also relented on allowing Fedor to compete in combat sambo.

Apparently, for good or bad, M-1 refuses to sign a deal unless the UFC agrees to co-promote.

I can tell you right now, the boys at ZUFFA will never, EVER agree to that. So if M-1 doesnt relent on that item alone, the Fedor to UFC talks are dead. Look for Team Emelianenko to turn to Strikeforce next. With co-promotions already in the books with Affliction, that shouldnt be a stopping point.

I will have more comprehensive coverage on my show tonight at 9pm PST. You can stream live at Northern California's Sports Station KHTK - Homepage and call toll free at 1-800-920-1140. Twitter updates to the minute at twitter.com/carmichaeldave

Updated: 6:55 PST

smfh. I hope M-1 falls off the face of the earth for pulling this crap. UFC basically offered as much as possible without breaking its own rules ofco-promoting and still no.

^ If all that is true,
indifferent.gif
at M-1. You know the UFC isn't goingto budge on co-promoting. Fedor gets his Sambo wish, can wear M-1 apparel, AND M-1 gets a cut from the Brock/Fedor PPV! C'mon M-1, you're better thanthat.

Back
Top Bottom