Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I know Mousasi isn't going to fight Fedor, but if he does, how many damn fights is he up for
laugh.gif
? Babalu, Soko, and Fedor in what a 4 month period?

Strikeforce says Werdum and Rogers are not options. Looks like its going to be Vitor.

Vitor will get demolished by Fedor. At least w/ Barnett, Fedor was fighting an actual HW and I thought Barnett had a chance.

C'mon Fedor, come to the UFC already!

I wanna see the 'old Vitor' show up with the ridiculously fast hand speed and KO power that made him an instant star in the early UFC days!!!
WAR VITOR!!!!!!!!!!!

I still dont see Old Vitor pulling this one out unless Fedor comes in completely underestimating him and takes it super easy (which he wont)

just a few notes:

- Barnett tested positive for an anabolic. Forget the name, but it wasn't Winstrol or Stanazolol or Bolderone. Started with a "C" I believe

- Brett Rogers asked for $800,000 to fight Fedor

You know, to be honest, Japanese testing is very lenient and he's be caught before... I wouldn't be surprised if he's never stopped taking steroidssince his first suspension. Probably just been cycling and he got caught this time.
tired.gif

i dont blame rodgers asking for $800k, i know he'll last longer than sylvia. maybe i can find tickets for the low now.

Originally Posted by wildout4

i dont blame rodgers asking for $800k, i know he'll last longer than sylvia. maybe i can find tickets for the low now.

thats what im hoping for. Affliction actually lands on my birthday so I was planning on dragging all my friends with me to go watch Fedor pummel Barnett. Icontacted the Honda Center about group tickets but it was still $43/ea (nosebleeds) for 10+ tickets. Now that the main event is in limbo I wonder ifAffliction will do anything they can to sell tickets and fill seats, maybe blow em out at $20 a pop (hopefully). Even with Barnett off the main event I wouldpay $20 to go watch some live MMA. I haven't had a chance to catch a live show since the first Affliction event. My fiancee is none to pleased about mewanting to do my birthday at Affliction though. The last time I was there for Affliction I, I ended up in the ER the next day, and then on Judge Judy where Ihad to sue my best friend for my hospital bills (true story). Quite possibly the high point and low point of my life at the same time hahaha.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I still dont see Old Vitor pulling this one out unless Fedor comes in completely underestimating him and takes it super easy (which he wont)
laugh.gif
I dont think Fedor would do that if some random NTer took the fight on 11 days notice... I swear ive never seen anyone more calm andcollected than he is ALL THE TIME.

The last time I was there for Affliction I, I ended up in the ER the next day, and then on Judge Judy where I had to sue my best friend for my hospital bills (true story). Quite possibly the high point and low point of my life at the same time hahaha.

eek.gif

roll.gif

I'm sorry man, but I'm gonna need the backstory on this, it sounds too funny to be true!!

Bisping vs. Wandy @ UFC 105.

I didn't watch Wandy's lost to Franklin. For those who did, what do you think his chances are against Bisping?

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Bisping vs. Wandy @ UFC 105.

I didn't watch Wandy's lost to Franklin. For those who did, what do you think his chances are against Bisping?
eek.gif
I want Silva to tear him apart

and show everybody he still has it

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

The last time I was there for Affliction I, I ended up in the ER the next day, and then on Judge Judy where I had to sue my best friend for my hospital bills (true story). Quite possibly the high point and low point of my life at the same time hahaha.

eek.gif

roll.gif

I'm sorry man, but I'm gonna need the backstory on this, it sounds too funny to be true!!
not my proudest moment to reduce myself to the level of "casual drunken MMA fan" but hey we all make mistakes.

Long story short (cause it is a pretty long story with all the idiotic details)

-Started the day off at the Hooters down the street from the Arena pounding pitchers of beer.

-Walked to the arena from there. Directly across from the arena was a sports bar/restaurant of some sort. We got stuck at the crosswalk waiting for the lightto turn red. Being impatient drunks, we decided we needed another drink before going in so we detoured into the bar. We continued to pound a few beers eachwith tequila and jager chasers (or is it the other way around?)

-Finally make it in the Arena and proceed to make a scene acting like a drunken fool (its a common occurance for me). The undercards start and we are sittingin the rafters. Vitor was fighting... Terry Martin I think? and it was the first time I had ever got to see him in person (never got to see an early UFC showin person, and obviously due to his layoff and fighting abroad the opportunities stateside were limited). I got so excited I almost pooped my pants as I amscreaming like a school girl at the top of my lungs PHEEEEEEENOM!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!! I honestly think that I was the only person besides my buddy within a100 ft radius of where I was standing who had any idea who Vitor was. Everyone looked at me like I was a !@%#@% idiot (not that I blame them) but moresurprisingly, no one else was cheering for him as if he was just some other no name shleprock undercard fighter.... odd.

-After Vitor KO's Martin we have to celebrate the victory by making another run at the beer station. As luck would have it, 2 of my other friends who Icame with (but had floor seats) said that there are open seats by them so they bring us down to the floor level so we dont have to watch from the nosebleedsanymore. That calls for another celebration, and the least I can do is buy those 2 friends a round of beer (and myself as well)

-Last fight of the night was Fedor v. Sylvia and after he choked his $%! out with that RNC to finish the fight we are amped up and actin like idiot drunkengorillas as we leave the arena.

-Walking back to the cars, my best friend PJ happens to be walkin about 20-30 ft ahead of me. Me and my other boy are trailing behind and the topic of"do you think I can RNC PJ and put him to sleep?" Being drunk and not of sound mind it actually sounds like it would be funny/fun/good idea so I runup on dude and ambush him. Immediately jump on his back and lock it in tight. He panics as he tries to get me to release the choke and get the eff off him. As soon as I let go and jump off, my short attention span causes me to immediately turn to talk to another of my buddys and I get blindsided by either a hammerfist or a knee right to the side of my thigh. I was completely unprepared for it and it completely buckles my leg as I almost topple over. Granted Idon't have any martial arts training but I'm a pretty fat kid (almost 6'0 195lbs) and drunk as hell so my pain tolerance is pretty high at thatmoment. that being said it feels like the worst damn charlie horse/dead leg I ever had in my life.

-I finally make it home and the dead leg has not gone away. I stumble into the house only to be met by my furious fiancee. She is pissed to all hell that Ihurt myself due to my drunken antics (which is a common occurance). Being the upstanding gentleman that I am, I immediately go with the "blame it onPJ!!! he's the one that blindsided me for no reason!" (i conveniently left our the part about me attempting to RNC him). What a class act I am.

- Wake up the next morning and the leg hurts as bad as it did the night before. I pop a couple vicodin and smoke a bowl to ease the pain as I lay on thecouch. Next thing I know my knee starts to blowup to the size of a softball. Then it becomes the size of a mini basketball. I start to freak out. The paingets increasingly worse and worse and finally I say F it and make a trip to the ER.

- They take xrays to make sure there isnt any breaks, and luckily there isnt. The doc asks me what happened and I tell him the story. He immediately startsto laugh in my face. I wonder why its so funny (who am i kidding, it IS funny for everyone cept me). He then tells me that he was at the fights last nighttoo. In fact he was backstage in Fedor's dressing room. Turns out, another doctor friend of him who happens to be Russian was Fedor's translator forthe weekend, and so he invited this doctor to go with him. Turns out the doc is also an amateur MT fighter and he says that he had the EXACT same injuryhappen to him, except his was legit and he got it from taking one too many low kicks to the thigh during training. Basically he tells me that I am going to beimmobile for atleast a week, and I probably wont get full range of motion back for atleast 3-6 months.... yay....

-conclusion: they put me on crutches and high dose percocet which is very nice. I take a week off work laid up in bed icing my dead leg. I am on crutchesfor about 2 weeks, and it did end up taking close to 6 months to finaly get full range of motion back in my knee/leg. The best part was that as the dead bloodthat had pooled in my thigh begins to drain down my leg, my entire leg turns a deep purple/black color. I'm talking all the way from my buttcheek on downto my foot. My friends call me Longfellow Deeds for a few weeks because at one point my entire foot was swollen and purple/black.

-Judge Judy: Even after my insurance covered their portion, my out of pocket expense for the ER visit was something obscene like $700+. I dont want to pay forit. I dont want my boy to pay for it cause its not really his fault it was an accident. So we concoct this idea to twist the truth a little bit, create abackstory about how we were once best friends but now mortal enemies since he put me in the hospital and refused to pay for the medical bill, etc... etc... Wesubmit it to Judge Judy (since they will pay the settlement if you lose) and immediately get a response. Next thing you know, us idiots end up at Judge Judywhere I get reamed by the good ole Judge for being an idiot. I proceed to make a fool out of myself on national television (i dont really care, i have a veryhigh humiliation threshold) and lose the case. Luckily they still paid us a $500 appearance fee just to show up and be on it. My boy kicks me down a portionof his show fee to help offset my hospital bill. He was super shy about the whole thing and didnt want people to know that we were on it, so what do I do? Itell his cousin who proceeds to tell his entire family and hilarity ensues.

** So it looks like someone uploaded the episode onto Youtube. **

To show all my fellow NTers what a complete %%%%%%* I am here is the link. In defense of my friend (the witness) he was not much of an MMA fan at that timeand thus made sweeping generalizing statements that does no good for the MMA community or the publics perception of MMA.

I dont know how to embed clips but here is the link

^
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Gah dammit I can't watch the video here at work!!! I WILL be watching it as soon as I get home though. Great story man, I can see why your fiancewouldn't want you going again though. You sound a lot like me when I get that alchy in me watching MMA
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
That is by far one of the best stories i've ever heard.

Judge Judy was not messing around
roll.gif

And Wandy's manager is saying that fight has not been offered or anything. Saying Wandy wants to wait until Feb. to fight.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- WAND MANAGER SAYS BISPING BOUT A "NO-GO"[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thursday, July 23, 2009 - by Steven Marrocco - MMAWeekly.com[/font]

Despite multiple reports to the contrary, Wanderlei Silva will not be fighting Michael Bisping at UFC 105 in November, says Silva's managerRob Cardenas.

"A fight between Wanderlei Silva and Michael Bisping in November at UFC 105 has not been discussed by and between Wanderlei and the UFC. Certainly, therehave been no formal proposals, or discussions relative to this match-up," Cardenas told MMAWeekly.com Thursday afternoon. "Of course, there isspeculation that such a fight will occur, and certainly there remains a possibility of such a match-up, however, at this time, rumors of the fight occurring atUFC 105, are simply that: rumors."

Reports of the match-up surfaced Thursday morning, stating that Silva was soon to complete a deal to take on the winner of "The Ultimate Fighter"season three.

Cardenas said the fight's timing was contrary to Silva's wishes.

"Wanderlei and his coach, Raphael Alejarra, have both expressed a preference that Wanderlei wait until February for his next match. However, if at somepoint in time, such a fight is proposed by the UFC, it will be given the appropriate consideration, as do all proposals, and a decision will be made at thattime," continued Cardenas.

"In fact in a recent interview that we just completed, he'd like to fight Dan Henderson next, which he understands isn't going to happen for awhile because Dan is fighting Rich Franklin."

Silva last appeared at UFC 93, where he lost a unanimous decision to Franklin. In post-fight interviews, Silva felt he had won the fight and requested aneventual rematch.

Cardenas did not pinpoint any names for Silva's desired return in February.

I know it looks like Vitor is going to take the fight over Rogers, Monson, and Verdum. But whats good with Tito Ortiz? That could certainly be interesting ifTito was in any sort of fighting shape, wasnt he at the last Affliction show? or is he trying to do somethin' with Strikiforce, honestly i stopped payinattention to the guy. But he could make bank off this...and so could Affliction.

Tito said he wanted a piece of Fedor but im sure he really doesnt... especially on short notice like this... dude will want to go do some jumping jacks andwind sprints in the Himalayas and stuff before a fight like that
laugh.gif

So I watched the video yesterday and it only fueled my HATE for that ++!! Judy. I can't stand that annoying *@*$@. But funny %%+% nonetheless man, I got agood laugh outta it. The ending killed it for me though.
ohwell.gif

You think if Brett Rogers took the fight it would be a bad career move? I mean the money for this fight is good, from all reports at least $500K, but would aloss, should it happen, set him back? Guess what I am trying to say does Rogers ever see a $500K payday in his career?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

You think if Brett Rogers took the fight it would be a bad career move? I mean the money for this fight is good, from all reports at least $500K, but would a loss, should it happen, set him back? Guess what I am trying to say does Rogers ever see a $500K payday in his career?
is a loss to fedor really a blemish on someone's career? especially if that loss was in a match thatwas taken on very short notice?

rogers would have nothing to lose and everything to gain if he were to take such a fight [especially if it's a $500k payday]. a loss wouldn't set himback because it's fedor and a win would gain him a whole lot because it's fedor..

Back
Top Bottom