Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

^ If all that is true,
indifferent.gif
at M-1. You know the UFC isn't going to budge on co-promoting. Fedor gets his Sambo wish, can wear M-1 apparel, AND M-1 gets a cut from the Brock/Fedor PPV! C'mon M-1, you're better than that.

exactly.

M1 and Fedors manager are being completely unreasonable here.

MY man!

British fighter Paul Daley (21-8-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has reportedly signed a four-fight deal with the UFC and will join the organization's roster of welterweight fighters.

Daley had been slated to fight Jay Hieron at the Aug. 1 "Affliction: Trilogy" event before the event's cancellation last week.

Following the subsequent demise of Affliction's MMA-promotional arm altogether, he inked a deal with the UFC, according to Fighters Only online.

Daley, a six-year veteran who's fought for organizations ranging from Cage Rage to EliteXC to Strikeforce, has won three of his past four fights and nine of his past 11. Of his 21 professional victories, 16 have come via knockout.

Daley most recently competed at an April World Free Fight Challenge event in Slovenia, where he defeated Junior Barata via TKO.

No octagon debut date has been set for the fighter.

pimp.gif
great prospect for UFC to sign.

not much of a ground game, but a very exciting striker. cant wait to see him in action

this M1 stuff needs to stop, pretty much all mma fans know who fedor is but who knows how many ufc watchers actually know who fedor is

fedor may be the best hw in the world, the best fighter in the world, and the best p4p fighter in the world but as another fighter who would be fighting forthe UFC, he's no more special than a lot of the ufc's top fighters so this whole co-promotion stuff needs to stop, "UFC + M1 present UFC 149"is not going to happen

the worst part though is that neither side needs the other, someone else will pay fedor millions while the ufc will continue without even acknowledging him

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

fedor may be the best hw in the world, the best fighter in the world, and the best p4p fighter in the world but as another fighter who would be fighting for the UFC, he's no more special than a lot of the ufc's top fighters

this fedor 'might be' and 'is one of the best' bs needs to stop.

im sort of indifferent to him as a fan to be honest,

but he has never actually been beaten and he has defeated every heavyweight of consequence that he has had the oppurtunity to.

even the cut fight was 9 years ago. a 9 %+@* ing year streak.

when he was beating the likes of nog, mirko, etc. people said 'what about the size of sylvia or the striking prowess of arlovski?'

then it was 'a lack of competition', so he beat sylvia and arlovski, and now it's still a lack of competition and 'the big wins were so longago'

last i checked 4 years ago wasnt 50 years ago.

other than the obvious 2 matchups that the general mma populous wants to see, who is this mythical higher competion waiting for him? kongo? mir? valasquez?

credit where it is due, he is the top mixed martial artist until someone stops him, makes him submit or wins a decision over him.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

fedor may be the best hw in the world, the best fighter in the world, and the best p4p fighter in the world but as another fighter who would be fighting for the UFC, he's no more special than a lot of the ufc's top fighters

but he has never actually been beaten and he has defeated every heavyweight of consequence that he has had the oppurtunity to.

when he was beating the likes of nog, mirko, etc. people said 'what about the size of sylvia or the striking prowess of arlovski?'

then it was 'a lack of competition', so he beat sylvia and arlovski, and now it's still a lack of competition and 'the big wins were so long ago'

other than the obvious 2 matchups that the general mma populous wants to see, who is this mythical higher competion waiting for him? kongo? mir? valasquez?

credit where it is due, he is the top mixed martial artist until someone stops him, makes him submit or wins a decision over him.
He didn't mean maybe (considering he said may be) that he might be the best fighter in the world, hemeant may be in terms that even though he is the best fighter in the world he's not that much of a draw comparedto normal UFC fighters, which is true. Wrong may be
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

then it was 'a lack of competition', so he beat sylvia and arlovski, and now it's still a lack of competition and 'the big wins were so long ago'

He didn't mean maybe (considering he said may be) that he might be the best fighter in the world, he meant may be in terms that even though he is the best fighter in the world he's not that much of a draw compared to normal UFC fighters, which is true. Wrong may be
laugh.gif

my statement wasnt aimed directly at him,

it's speaking in general against a thought process that's ridiculous.

but his comment did ignite my opinion on the whole fedor/p4p debate.

wow, too bad i didnt read the unedited version of your post cause u totally misunderstood what i was saying, as far as im concerned, m1 doesnt exist in northamerica

what im saying is that M1 is tripping over this co-promotion stuff, they think that just because theyre putting 1 of their fighters in a ufc show that theyreentitled to 50 percent of everything, we're talking ppv sales, seating sales, control over production - nice little m1 logos on the screen

my point is that 1 fighter doesnt entitle them to all that, even if he is the best fighter in the world, if i were dana white, id put fedor vs brock as theco-event to a main event of something like gsp vs anderson silva, show these m1 management doucebags that their 1 figther isnt all that special when it comesto draws

m1 isnt willing to concede anything, the ufc is the one making all the concessions, especially with this sambo change, might not be a big deal but it showswho's willing to make concessions

I like many of you see and agree that M-1 is being highly unreasonable...but you have to look at it from their standpoint. Their big fighter is Fedor and theywant to get as much out of a deal involving him as possible. I think their ridiculous demands stem from their fear of losing him to the UFC or anotherpromotion company, which I think will eventually happen so their trying to get as much as they can out of it as possible.

It's politics and business like usual. But I am very suprised that how much UFC was willing to give them. I thought Dana was a shrewd business man but evenhe see's how big this fight can be.

wow, too bad i didnt read the unedited version of your post cause u totally misunderstood what i was saying, as far as im concerned, m1 doesnt exist in north america

strange that you mention editing because you edited yours twice.

if you look back through this thread you'll see that im not shy about stating my opinion whether others agree with it or not.

so dont think for a second that i edited for fear of offending 'random internet guy'.

i edited because i saw that i had used the word 'comment' 3 times in 3 sentences and it looked ridiculous.

damn well better believe the same thought is being put across.

im not about to tip toe because of you.

jesus take it easy man, i saw the edit and i figured u changed your post based on the correction that MayhemMonkey000 pointed out about what i was saying causeyour first post that commented on my first post sounded like you were trying to deny everything i was saying

I want to preface by saying that I AM a Fedor fan and believe that he is arguably the #1 P4P fighter in the world (only argument is for GSP cause he has beenextremely impressive and dominant as of late).

That being said I think your defense/argument is flawed.

"last i checked 4 years ago wasnt 50 years ago. " - in terms of MMA it might as well be. The evolution/technical advancement of today's fightersversus fighters 4 years ago is hard to dispute. No one is taking away from the fact that Fedor was able to beat some of the worlds best in the past. I thinkthe question is moreso, how has Fedor evolved along with the rest of MMA and would he still dominate against today's competition. By no fault of Fedor,his fights vs. Arlovski and Sylvia didn't do much to bring legitimacy to the claim of best P4P. Sylvia got KTFO by Ray Mercer who is a journeyman MMAfighter at best, and a freakshow circus act at worse. Arlovski suffered the same fate against Rogers, who seems (atleast at this point in his career) to be aone dimensional up and coming fighter.

So again. The lack of competition is not really Fedor's fault (blame his management). No one is doubting that he is the #1 HW in the world, I think thatis virtually universally accepted. What does come to question is whether or not he is the mythical #1 P4P. (this is my opinion) In order to be inconsideration for top P4P you dont just have to be the best at your division, but you have to DOMINATE your division. Look at what GSP is doing. He hassteamrolled past the #2WW (Fitch) #4WW (Alves) #5 (Kos) #6 (Hughes) [MMAWeekly rankings used]. He didn't just win, he did it in dominating fashion. UntilFedor does the same, the question will always linger and it is a valid question.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I want to preface by saying that I AM a Fedor fan and believe that he is arguably the #1 P4P fighter in the world (only argument is for GSP cause he has been extremely impressive and dominant as of late).

That being said I think your defense/argument is flawed.

"last i checked 4 years ago wasnt 50 years ago. " - in terms of MMA it might as well be. The evolution/technical advancement of today's fighters versus fighters 4 years ago is hard to dispute. No one is taking away from the fact that Fedor was able to beat some of the worlds best in the past. I think the question is moreso, how has Fedor evolved along with the rest of MMA and would he still dominate against today's competition. By no fault of Fedor, his fights vs. Arlovski and Sylvia didn't do much to bring legitimacy to the claim of best P4P. Sylvia got KTFO by Ray Mercer who is a journeyman MMA fighter at best, and a freakshow circus act at worse. Arlovski suffered the same fate against Rogers, who seems (atleast at this point in his career) to be a one dimensional up and coming fighter.

So again. The lack of competition is not really Fedor's fault (blame his management). No one is doubting that he is the #1 HW in the world, I think that is virtually universally accepted. What does come to question is whether or not he is the mythical #1 P4P. (this is my opinion) In order to be in consideration for top P4P you dont just have to be the best at your division, but you have to DOMINATE your division. Look at what GSP is doing. He has steamrolled past the #2WW (Fitch) #4WW (Alves) #5 (Kos) #6 (Hughes) [MMAWeekly rankings used]. He didn't just win, he did it in dominating fashion. Until Fedor does the same, the question will always linger and it is a valid question.
agreed that the evolution/technical aspect of the sport has moved forward at an advanced rate but that's because the sport is really still init's infancy.

the technical aspect in terms of available skills i believe has been where it is currently at for a few years now, but what we are seeing is more and morewell rounded complete fighters. however the heavyweight division still lags far behind the rest of the divisions when it comes to well rounded fighters. infact i think fedor is the most well rounded heavyweight out there.

i also think that he has dominated his division to most of the extent that he can given that we agree about m-1 stifling his complevel. it's also not as if he's ducking anyone, when they are free of a ufc contract. he took on sylvia and arlovski essentially as soon as it waspossible.

he has still defeated every potential contender that he has had the oppurtunity to. and hasnt lost a fight in 9 years.

while he isnt taking on the UFC's hw division, he hasnt exactly faded away and fought complete hacks either.

http://www.fighters.com/07/30/strike...ss-a-month-ago

During a press conference in Anaheim Wednesday, M-1 USA Veep of Legal Affairs Steve Bash stated, "We're exploring all options at the time, legallywith regard to Affliction and what we perceived took place. I can promise you and promise Affliction, if something was done wrong, someone will be heldresponsible." There is no indication that Affliction did anything illegal or violated agreements with M-1 Global.

However, there was tension between Affliction and M-1 Global. After the success of Affliction's first show, Banned, in July 2008 when Emelianenko knockedout former UFC champion "Maine-iac" Tim Sylvia (24-6) in 36 seconds, M-1 Global executives made increased demands about the visibility of M-1Global's presence in the marketing and production of the shows and use of their fighters.

Subsequently, Day of Reckoning and Trilogy were promoted as "Affliction M-1 Global" events and the M-1 Global logo became more prominent inmarketing.

Emelianenko also became leverage to include M-1 Global fighters "Hurricane" Gilbert Yvel (33-13-1) and "Baby Fedor" Kiril Sidellnikov (6-3)on Day of Reckoning versus "Babyfaced Assassin" Josh Barnett (20-5) and "Headhunter" Paul Buentello (27-9) respectively. An M-1 Globalexecutive threatened to pull Emelianenko off the card, effectively sabotaging the event, if Barnett was not matched versus M-1 Global's Yvel. M-1 Globalalso demanded career high paydays for their fighters to fight on Affliction M-1 Global cards.

paul daley signing not official yet.

While there have been reports that former Affliction fighter Paul Daley has signed a four-bout agreement with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, MMAWeekly.com sources indicate that such pronouncements are premature.

In attempts to confirm the initial reports, MMAWeekly.com was informed from sources close to the situation that, while the UFC has made an attractive offer to Daley, there are several other promotions currently negotiating for the Brit's services. A final determination on his destination has yet to be determined.

Daley (21-8-2) is one of the numerous refugees left in the fallout from Affliction pulling the plug on its mixed martial arts promotional arm late last week. He had been scheduled to face Jay Hieron (17-4) as part of the pay-per-view portion of Affliction's fight card scheduled for Saturday in Anaheim, Calif.

ufc needs to get this deal done.

gsp's asskickery has made the welterweight division a bit stale.

paul daley signing not official yet.

While there have been reports that former Affliction fighter Paul Daley has signed a four-bout agreement with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, MMAWeekly.com sources indicate that such pronouncements are premature.

In attempts to confirm the initial reports, MMAWeekly.com was informed from sources close to the situation that, while the UFC has made an attractive offer to Daley, there are several other promotions currently negotiating for the Brit's services. A final determination on his destination has yet to be determined.

Daley (21-8-2) is one of the numerous refugees left in the fallout from Affliction pulling the plug on its mixed martial arts promotional arm late last week. He had been scheduled to face Jay Hieron (17-4) as part of the pay-per-view portion of Affliction's fight card scheduled for Saturday in Anaheim, Calif.
ufc needs to get this deal done.

gsp's asskickery has made the welterweight division a bit stale.

frown.gif

Semtex better sign with the big show, word to Paul Wight.

Vitor vs. Franklin will be at 205lbs.
less than a minute ago from web Tito: I expect to return November to December. Working with Freddie Roach.
2 minutes ago from web Tito: If if fought in Strikeforce, who would I fight? I have no more pain in my legs, no more numbness. It's about competition.
3 minutes ago from web Tito: "Time cures everything. Dana apologized to me....It was about competition...financially I'm ok...Dana stuck by hisword."
4 minutes ago from web Tito Ortiz officially back in UFC. White: "Tito Ortiz will retire in the UFC".
7 minutes ago from web UFC SIGNS 3-YEAR DEAL WITH ESPN in UK. LAUNCHES AUGUST 13th, ITS FREE, IN HIGH DEF, STARTING WITH UFC 101
8 minutes ago from web UFC SIGNS VITOR BELFORT. FIGHTING RICH FRANKLIN AT 103 in DALLAS.
8 minutes ago from web White: we gave up everything except co-promotion. Fedor will never get another deal like this in MMA.
10 minutes ago from web Dana White: "we tried everything we could possibly do to get Fedor into the UFC. We went above and beyond".
11 minutes ago from web The call is now beginning.

WOW.

I mean as much as I want to see Fedor in the UFC, getting Vitor and IMMEDIATELY putting him up against Ace at UFC103 is a decent consolation prize. Man when Iread that I literally got chills (yea i know, im a lame). Can't wait to see what he can do against Franklin.

Any idea where we can hear the conference call?

Back
Top Bottom