Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

There's also Werdum but other than that he needs the UFC. If he loses to one of those guys I know Dana will be laughing his !** off all the way to thebank.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

smh @ fedor...dude is duckin brock, lets be real here.

?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

pimp.gif
@ this thread .... Definitely official ...

Question: Do any of you guys compete? Train? I would like to train, it has to be the most complete work.

Originally Posted by akuratl02

pimp.gif

Question: Do any of you guys compete? Train? I would like to train, it has to be the most complete work.
ive been at it a couple of years now.

blue belt in BJJ. 1-0 in amateur competition.

probably fight again sometime in the fall, but im still in college so its kind of a rough schedule

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

smh @ fedor...dude is duckin brock, lets be real here.

?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
relax sparky....if he cared about the competition he'd take what ufc gave him.

m-1/fedor will bankrupt strikeforce like they do to every company they go to anyway...so its only a matter of time til he gets better competition.

Originally Posted by akuratl02

pimp.gif

Training in Kickboxing and No-Gi BJJ.

Fedor to strikeforce? i wanted him to go to the ufc but ehh whatever. can't wait for 101 this saturday tho i hope bj wins.

i also really wana see the fight between babalu and mousasi.

I was willing to give Fedor the benefit of the doubt, but at this point, I have to believe he's scared of real competition.

Originally Posted by codex57

I was willing to give Fedor the benefit of the doubt, but at this point, I have to believe he's scared of real competition.
maybe im biased cause im a fedor fan, but its hard for me to believe that he himself is trying to duck competition. Like many other figthers,Fedor has handlers and a management team around him who handle the business aspect of his career. He handles the fighting, in the sense that he goes in thereand fights whoever his management sets up for him. The blame here still lies with Finkelchtein. The way I see it, Finkelchstein is doing what is best forFinkelchstein. Although he has other fighters he manages, his cash cow is Fedor and he needs to squeeze out as much money as possible from a Fedor deal sinceno one wants to sign his other fighters (or atleast not for anywhere close to what Fedor would command).

I shook my head when I read about the Fedor signing on MMAJunkie. Absurd. Fedor is jsut as much to blame as Finkelchtein. Kevin Iole has a good article onYahoo right now, check it out.

I hope Fedor loses his first fight in strikeforce........but he won't
laugh.gif
smh.gif
still can't believe the ufc deal fell through, I hate hismanager for that

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

I shook my head when I read about the Fedor signing on MMAJunkie. Absurd. Fedor is jsut as much to blame as Finkelchtein. Kevin Iole has a good article on Yahoo right now, check it out.
Yea I saw the Iole article but I dont 100% agree with his point. From everything that I have heard and read about Fedor, he doesn't seem likehe has this burning competitive spirit in him to prove that he is the best fighter of all time. I mean.... no knock on Fedor's dedication to his craft orhis drive/focus, but by most accounts they paint him as a simple man (not simple meaning dumb, but simple meaning that he does not need to live a lavishlifestyle) who enjoys what he does, but at the end of the day it kind of is a means to an end. He seems confident in himself where he either doesnt care whathis detractors say, or it doesnt bother him enough where he is motivated to shut them up. I mean even the way in which he carries himself in the ring. Sostoic, calm, and collected. He just walks in like its another day in the office, punches his clock, punches his opponent in the head a half dozen times,raises his arm in victory, thanks the fans who are contributing to his paycheck, and then bounce... hes off.

I will say that it seems as if Finkelchstein/M-1 is trying to protect him (who blames them? he is their golden goose) and therefore is trying to squeeze outthe best possible deal (since they get paid when he gets paid). I can see Iole's point that ultimately it is up to Fedor since he is the client, and assuch, he should have the final say over his manager/agent. That being said, I dont think that Fedor himself is ducking anyone. If they put him in front ofhim, he will fight them, no questions asked. I just dont think he cares enough about a legacy or meeting fan expectations. He is a fighter, and he controlsthat aspect of his career. Let the businessmen handle the business side of it.

I said this earlier to a friend here at work:

It's clearly not the money. It's clearly not the Sambo tournaments.

It's the co-promotion with M-1 that was/is/will always be the deal breaker in the Fedor negotiations.

And it's asinine to think that the UFC would benefit from any type of co-promotion deal with M-1 outside of just having Fedor on the roster.

That's just not good business.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I said this earlier to a friend here at work:

It's clearly not the money. It's clearly not the Sambo tournaments.

It's the co-promotion with M-1 that was/is/will always be the deal breaker in the Fedor negotiations.

And it's asinine to think that the UFC would benefit from any type of co-promotion deal with M-1 outside of just having Fedor on the roster.

That's just not good business.
Thank you. I've been saying this other forums as well. The only underlining thing with M-1 is co-promotion. They wanna get their name in theUSA. There's more money in that then PPV sales and other things. Not to mention co-promotion would mean they would have rights to anything Fedor is in,including UFC sales that has Fedor in the program. It's not Fedor. You try leaving a company that has a gun to this head. M-1 is just a bunch of dirtyRussian mobsters.

just for sake of comparison, here's the notable heavyweights in strikeforce and UFC..

strikeforce:
alistair overeem
brett rogers
paul buentello
fabricio werdum

UFC:
brock lesnar
frank mir
randy couture
antonio rodrigo nogueira
cain velasquez
shane carwin
junior dos santos
mirko crocop
cheick kongo

^Stick to football buddy, please leave this thread and never return, thanks...

alright smart **%
eyes.gif
. name a couple fighters in the ufc that would beatfedor.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by TeeOh Owens

^Stick to football buddy, please leave this thread and never return, thanks...

alright smart **%
eyes.gif
. name a couple fighters in the ufc that would beat fedor.
smh.gif
Brock does have a really good chance of beating Fedor if he gets on top. He's human guys. He's the best fighter in the world but Brock isa bad match up for him.
smh.gif
people thinking Fedor is scared of UFC HW's...

Fedor isnt in the UFC right now because hes managed by M-1.
Co-Sign. The only person scared is Vadim.

Back
Top Bottom