Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Probably time constraints? Maybe they didn't think Mir/Brock was gonna last that long. I hate Brock. Let me say it again, I hate Brock. He's just too damn big, that's it, too damn big.

Nagh it couldn't have been because they told Fitch before the GSP fight that he would be fighting after Brocks fight. They usually air a prelim after themain event to fill in time so its weird that they told Fitch to fighter after....Messes up the fighters flow..

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

Lesnar vs Lashley I expect will happen sometime next year.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and lashley with the W

SMH at Brock and his antics, but at the end of the day he took care of bidness without a doubt. Overall a good PPV.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Probably time constraints? Maybe they didn't think Mir/Brock was gonna last that long. I hate Brock. Let me say it again, I hate Brock. He's just too damn big, that's it, too damn big.

Nagh it couldn't have been because they told Fitch before the GSP fight that he would be fighting after Brocks fight. They usually air a prelim after the main event to fill in time so its weird that they told Fitch to fighter after....Messes up the fighters flow..

definitely.

i think i heard somewhere that UFC gets charged extra by pay-per-view for going over 1 am, so that mightve contributed it.

GSP!

now if anderson beats forrest,

can they for once, just one damn time in the sport of mma, put together a superfight when it's supposed tohappen instead of when both guys are off of a losing bout.

i think gsp is the only guy who can beat an anderson silva who's on top of his game.

he has to use his speed and athleticism to avoid the strikes and the clinch and then just wrestle wrestle wrestle wrestle.

even then i think he'll probably get ko'd by anderson by round 2.

other than gsp i was definitely most amped when sexyama's name was announced for the decision. he's just straight comedy.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

I read on sherdog that the reason the Fitch fight was last was because Dana wanted to punish Fitch for earlier in the year when he disputed over videogame rights or something like that.
laugh.gif

Wouldn't be surprised, this past year has made me hate Dana with his power trip. I can understand Dana being upset that Fitch didn't want to be in thevideogame because Fitch did sign a contract but you can't punish him like that. Also, threatening Fighters that they wont be in the UFC if they're inthe EA MMA game? Making sponsors pay a sponsorship fee? Seriously?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Nagh it couldn't have been because they told Fitch before the GSP fight that he would be fighting after Brocks fight. They usually air a prelim after the main event to fill in time so its weird that they told Fitch to fighter after....Messes up the fighters flow..

definitely.

i think i heard somewhere that UFC gets charged extra by pay-per-view for going over 1 am, so that mightve contributed it.
I've heard that too. The UFC always tries to put enough time for a repeat at the end. They did it with Ken-Flo/Robinson at UFC 73. And sherdogis a horrible place for info, the UG is the only place I trust. I messed up my post though
laugh.gif
. They probably thought Mir/Brock was gonna last longer. They probably knewGSP/Alves was gonna go the whole 5.

threatening Fighters that they wont be in the UFC if they're in the EA MMA game?
I agree that the other stuff you said was ridiculous but it makes sense for Dana not to want this.

That's the worst thing White could do.

Lesnar will be done after fighting Fedor. Which means that he'll no longer be a cash cow for the UFC. Lesnar's days as a cash cow for White are only beginning. He won't let Lesnar anywhere near Fedor.

Look who Lesnar has fought to become champion. Grandaddy Couture , Heath Herring, and Frank " slow as butterbean" Mir.
The HW division is a joke anyway but that's where the most money is to be made (ala boxing).
If Fedor goes to the UFC White will have another cash cow. And after tonight, Fedor/Brock would be a lot more competitive then people would make it out to be, especially in a cage. And Frank isn't slow. His stand up was actually pretty damn crisp, he just $$*@@$ up with that flying knee.

Fedor will not sign a multi fight contract with White because those fighters that do always get +@#**# over (they have no other choice though) andWhite won't give him the money that he wants for multiple fights.

Lesnar wouldn't be a cakewalk for Fedor but Lesnar would get worked for however long that match lasted.

Lesnar strategy is actually pretty simple. It harkens back to the old UFC days.
He bumrushes his opponents with his 50lbs weight advantage. Lays on top of them for a few minutes while they squirm trying to get out while tiring in theprocess. Then he proceeds just to punch them in the head and face as many times as he can.

#@*%, I'd like to see Lesnar fight Mark Hunt. That'd be a tough match for him, let alone Fedor.

threatening Fighters that they wont be in the UFC if they're in the EA MMA game?
I agree that the other stuff you said was ridiculous but it makes sense for Dana not to want this.

I just feel like its one step closer to UFC being a monopoly and having too much control over fighters. MMA is going to be the UFC when it shouldbe vice versa.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

That's the worst thing White could do.

Lesnar will be done after fighting Fedor. Which means that he'll no longer be a cash cow for the UFC. Lesnar's days as a cash cow for White are only beginning. He won't let Lesnar anywhere near Fedor.

Look who Lesnar has fought to become champion. Grandaddy Couture , Heath Herring, and Frank " slow as butterbean" Mir.
The HW division is a joke anyway but that's where the most money is to be made (ala boxing).
If Fedor goes to the UFC White will have another cash cow. And after tonight, Fedor/Brock would be a lot more competitive then people would make it out to be, especially in a cage. And Frank isn't slow. His stand up was actually pretty damn crisp, he just $$*@@$ up with that flying knee.
Fedor will not sign a multi fight contract with White because those fighters that do always get +@#**# over (they have no other choice though) and White won't give him the money that he wants for multiple fights.

Mir is slow as hell in stand up. He can't compete with Lesnar in that regard.

Lesnar wouldn't be a cakewalk for Fedor but Lesnar would get worked for however long that match lasted.

He bumrushed his oponents with his 50lbs weight advantage. Lays on top of them for a few minutes while they squirm trying to get out while tiring themselves out. Then he proceeds just to punch them in the head and face as many times as he can.

#@*%, I'd like to see Lesnar fight Mark Hunt. That'd be a tough match for him, let alone Fedor.

I know all the stuff going on with White and Fedor... I'm saying if he did, like you said. And Mir was winning the stand up exchange when theydid stand. For a heavyweight, he has very crisp hands and good footwork. He just made a stupid mistake. Mir is far from slow on his stand up.

And Mark Hunt would get ran through. If Mousasi can get him on the ground with the weight disadvantage (not saying he's a slouch but his natural weightclass is 185) Brock would kill him.

I wanna see how Carwin looks against Cain. If he can dominate Cain I could see him beating Brock. He's the only one in the UFC with the size, power, andwrestling pedigree combo to hang with Brock.

Hendoooooooooooooooooo! GSP is so good that I'm getting bored... time to move up to 185 (same goes for A.Silva, so thank jeebus for the Griffin fight).Lesnar was born out of little childrens nightmares

I know all the stuff going on with White and Fedor... I'm saying if he did, like you said. And Mir was winning the stand up exchange when they did stand. For a heavyweight, he has very crisp hands and good footwork. He just made a stupid mistake. Mir is far from slow on his stand up.

And Mark Hunt would get ran through. If Mousasi can get him on the ground with the weight disadvantage (not saying he's a slouch but his natural weight class is 185) Brock would kill him.
Mir is a good fighter but the HW division across all the org's sucks so bad. As a result of this many look much better than they really are.

That's why many hold Fedor in such high regard. He is clearly so much better than everyone else in the HW division that's it's laughable.

I guarantee you that Mark Hunt would give Brock a fight. Much better than Mir did.
I didn't say that he would win but Hunt can take a beating and still go on.

Seriously, let's look at who Lesnar fought.
The UFC hype machine is very talented but if you take an objective look it turns into a comedy.
Moo Soo Kim, Grandaddy Couture, Heath Herring, a loss to Mir, and then a win over Mir.

White ain't stupid. He won't let him fight Fedor until he feels Lesnar is about done anyways.

I mean I just look at Lesnar as the new Sylvia. For how long did the UFC market Sylvia as " a dominant HW champion".
laugh.gif

That Dan Henderson knock punch will go down as one of the best knock outs in UFC history

he was knocked clean out

I know all the stuff going on with White and Fedor... I'm saying if he did, like you said. And Mir was winning the stand up exchange when they did stand. For a heavyweight, he has very crisp hands and good footwork. He just made a stupid mistake. Mir is far from slow on his stand up.

And Mark Hunt would get ran through. If Mousasi can get him on the ground with the weight disadvantage (not saying he's a slouch but his natural weight class is 185) Brock would kill him.
Mir is a good fighter but the HW division across all the org's sucks so bad. As a result of this many look much better than they really are.

That's why many hold Fedor in such high regard. He is clearly so much better than everyone else in the HW division that's it's laughable.

I guarantee you that Mark Hunt would give Brock a fight. Much better than Mir did.
I didn't say that he would win but Hunt can take a beating and still go on.

Seriously, let's look at who Lesnar fought.
The UFC hype machine is very talented but if you take an objective look it turns into a comedy.

Moo Soo Kim, Grandaddy Couture, Heath Herring, a loss to Mir, and then a win over Mir.

White ain't stupid. He won't let him fight Fedor until he feels Lesnar is about done anyways.
The fight probably wouldn't happen until Lesnar is done any way because of the stupid crap with the contract. BUT if Fedor fights Brock now,he has a lot more match ups that White can take advantage of then Brock. And if Brock is competitive against Fedor, White can stretch out a rematch. And Igotta say the heavyweight division is a lot better then it was before. Not saying it's one of the top divisions out there, it'll never be, but it'snot as bad as you say it is with all the young guns coming up.

And have you seen any of Hunt's last few fights? For someone with such a good chin he's been getting hurt and finished pretty easily... Against guyswith no business fighting a legit heavy...

And "Granddaddy" Couture would still give a lot of people problems, at heavy and light heavy...

I mean I just look at Lesnar as the new Sylvia. For how long did the UFC market Sylvia as " a dominant HW champion".
laugh.gif

The heavyweight division was much more depleted then compared to now.

Hendo knocking Bisping into next week was AMAZING
pimp.gif

GSP showed why he's in a class of his own. No one is touching him in the welterweight division.

Ugh, didn't want to see Brock win, but he handled his business. A guy that big is just too much to deal with. I don't see anyone challenging him anytime soon
tired.gif

The fight probably wouldn't happen until Lesnar is done any way because of the stupid crap with the contract. BUT if Fedor fights Brock now, he has a lot more match ups that White can take advantage of then Brock. And if Brock is competitive against Fedor, White can stretch out a rematch. And I gotta say the heavyweight division is a lot better then it was before. Not saying it's one of the top divisions out there, it'll never be, but it's not as bad as you say it is with all the young guns coming up.

And have you seen any of Hunt's last few fights? For someone with such a good chin he's been getting hurt and finished pretty easily... Against guys with no business fighting a legit heavy...

And "Granddaddy" Couture would still give a lot of people problems, at heavy and light heavy...

It's subjective but the HW division is still weak. MMA needs the HW division to be like it was back in the UFC-Pride rivalry days.
You're right about Hunt the lst few fights but he'd still do better than Mir. For the lone fact that Lesnar wouldn't be able to smother Hunt bylaying on top of him.
laugh.gif

I was a bigger fan of MMA back a few eyars ago when White had less control of the sport as a whole.
I still like watching the truly talented fighters like GSP, Silva, Fedor but MMA has been going downhill.

White just shapes and influences every fight/fighter in the UFC. There are plenty of fights that should've never been fought (ala Alves at GSP
laugh.gif
) andthere are fights that clearly should happen but never do.

The more control White gets of MMA in America the worse it'll be. Lesnar is facilitating that by bringing in the numbskull (no offense
laugh.gif
) WWE fans who would be just as happy if UFC fights were outright staged.

He bumrushes his opponents with his 50lbs weight advantage. Lays on top of them for a few minutes while they squirm trying to get out while tiring in the process. Then he proceeds just to punch them in the head and face as many times as he can.
this is the exact strategy I use on my 6 year old cousin when he steps to me talkin mess. I got a lot more than 50 pounds on him though, but Idon't punch very hard

I'm a boxing guy but I appreciate this sport, I just don't know anything about wrestling or submissions so I can't appreciate it as much. too badall the politics prevents a fedor-brock matchup, I'll be watching fedor's next fight though, he seems like a funny dude

I would LOVE to see Bobby lashley face brock and just pick him apart I just cant stand Brock he is just proving to me that you can be good just because ur bigand strong and you don't have to be technical or skillful in HW god i hate him

The fight probably wouldn't happen until Lesnar is done any way because of the stupid crap with the contract. BUT if Fedor fights Brock now, he has a lot more match ups that White can take advantage of then Brock. And if Brock is competitive against Fedor, White can stretch out a rematch. And I gotta say the heavyweight division is a lot better then it was before. Not saying it's one of the top divisions out there, it'll never be, but it's not as bad as you say it is with all the young guns coming up.

And have you seen any of Hunt's last few fights? For someone with such a good chin he's been getting hurt and finished pretty easily... Against guys with no business fighting a legit heavy...

It's subjective but the HW division is still weak. MMA needs the HW division to be like it was back in the UFC-Pride rivalry days.
You're right about Hunt the lst few fights but he'd still do better than Mir. For the lone fact that Lesnar wouldn't be able to smother Hunt by laying on top of him.
laugh.gif

I was a bigger fan of MMA back a few eyars ago when White had less control of the sport as a whole.
I still like watching the truly talented fighters like GSP, Silva, Fedor but MMA has been going downhill.

White just shapes and influences every fight/fighter in the UFC. There are plenty of fights that should've never been fought (ala Alves at GSP
laugh.gif
) and there are fights that clearly should happen but never do.

The more control White gets of MMA in America the worse it'll be. Lesnar is facilitating that by bringing in the numbskull (no offense
laugh.gif
) WWE fans who would be just as happy if UFC fights were outright staged.

The heavy weight division was horrible back then. UFC couldn't compete with Pride in that aspect, it was WAY to one sided. I would much ratherhave the talent pool be in a market I can watch regularly like the UFC then have it in Pride. And Pride was a horribly ran company. Too many cans because Pridetried way to hard to put their Japanese fighters in the lime light when they shouldn't even be caught dead in the ring.

I respect your opinion because a lot of people feel the say way you do but I don't understand how someone who took MMA, gave it regulations and isexpanding it as much as White has is bad for the sport. I love Pride and MMA back in the day too but there's a reason why they faltered. Dana is the onlysmart business man in MMA right now. And what reasoning do you have for Alves not fighting GSP. He was easily the No. 1 contender.

And you can bash pro wrasslers and their fans all you want, but MMA came from pro wrestling and has many connections to it.

GSP is a freaking beast.
smh.gif
His skill alone makes you appreciate MMA on a whole.
I thought Bisping was gonna have to be carried onto a stretcher.
eek.gif
He got hit so hard. Twice.
Brock is just too damn big.

Brock is going to have that title for a while, that sucks.....there is no one big enough to not let him lay on them and hit them in the face repeatedly

GSP has no real competition at 170, guy is amazing, even with the groin injury still took the pitbull down with ease, just like every other fan i need to seeRush V. The Spider ASAP

Hendo is the man, he single handedly (right-handedly?) relegated Bisping as a middleweight gatekeeper for the next two years....awesome

Back
Top Bottom