Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I've never heard a home crowd so loud before. Too bad Houston lost though. No ground game. I had a feeling if he didn't finish him during that flurryin the beginning he would lose.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Diaz has that gangster style stand up though, aka horrible.
I wouldn't say horrible, but if he would actually try hitting with his knuckles instead of the palm of his hands in a closed fist he mighthurt Neer.

I was really pleased with last nights action, although pretty dissapointed only 1 televised fight didn't go to a decision. How can EVERY undercard fighthave a finish, but only 1 outta 4 televised fights?!
laugh.gif

Diaz looked solid on the ground, his striking not so much. Houston brought the heat the first minute, then he seemed to either lose his stamina or maybe hisheart, cuz he put up little to no effort once he was on his back.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

I was really pleased with last nights action, although pretty dissapointed only 1 televised fight didn't go to a decision. How can EVERY undercard fight have a finish, but only 1 outta 4 televised fights?!
laugh.gif

Diaz looked solid on the ground, his striking not so much. Houston brought the heat the first minute, then he seemed to either lose his stamina or maybe his heart, cuz he put up little to no effort once he was on his back.
I dont know if its lack of heart or stamina for Alexander (dude didnt appear to be that gassed to me), maybe just lack of technique? Shafer camein as a +200 underdog which I thought was a very favorable betting opportunity. The first knee gave me a bit of a scare but based on what Silva did toAlexander, I knew that as long as Shafer could get this thing to the ground once it would be game over.

All in all a pretty good card. I think the matchups would have been a little bit better if they pitted Neer vs. Danzig and Guida vs. Diaz, but thats just me. Neer is no gimme by any means, but it seems like the UFC is really bringing Nate Diaz along slowly and not giving him any big threatening challenges.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

All in all a pretty good card. I think the matchups would have been a little bit better if they pitted Neer vs. Danzig and Guida vs. Diaz, but thats just me. Neer is no gimme by any means, but it seems like the UFC is really bringing Nate Diaz along slowly and not giving him any big threatening challenges.
Co-sign! I wanna see them put this together for the Dec. 10 Fight Night. I think I remember them saying it's gonna be 3 hours correct?! If so,they got more than enough 'up-and-coming' fighters to put together a solid night of fights again, ala their UFN in April.
eek.gif

Reported on MMAJunkie.com:

EliteXC lightweight champion KJ Noons stripped of title

The ongoing feud with EliteXC and its 160-pound champion took another step forward today, as EliteXC Head of Fight Operations Jeremy Lappen announced thatNoons would be immediately stripped of his title.

The announcement was posted on the organization's official website.

"We are stripping KJ of his championship belt for refusing to defend against (Nick) Diaz," Lappen said in the statement. "It's a veryunfortunate situation but we cannot have belt-holders who refuse to fight the top contenders. We want champions who will fight anyone, anytime, anyplace.That's the mentality all champions should have."

The move by EliteXC is the latest in a battle of public statements and staunch positioning.

EliteXC has maintained throughout the affair that Noons and his manager, Mark Dion, have avoided calls from the organization and made scheduling a titledefense for Noons impossible.

Dion has argued that Noons is not being fairly compensated by EliteXC, and that Noons wants to face more-deserving title contenders than Diaz.

Lappen said he was confused as to why Noons would refuse the bout -- especially when it was proposed as a network-television-broadcast main event.

"I don't understand why [Noons] would turn down a chance to be a headliner on CBS on Oct. 4," Lappen said in the statement. "KJ then turneddown the fight again when we offered him a headlining spot on our next Showtime date against Nick. From my view, it is a fight against a top-named opponent inDiaz (someone who beat the No. 1 fighter in the world in his weight class), a fighter KJ has bad blood with and a fight the fans really wanted to see. Itseemed like a great opportunity for KJ to me."

While the differences between the two camps are still unresolved, Lappen said he hopes the two can reach an agreement in the near future.

"Personally, I do not think it was a smart career move, but I'm sure [Noons] sees it differently," Lappen said. "KJ has two more fightsremaining on his contract, so we are still looking forward to having him fight for us again soon, but not as our world champion."

For more on the history of this ongoing feud, check out our KJ Noons page on MMAjunkie.com.

nobody caught strikeforce last night?

surprisingly solid card.

the decision in the main event was controversial, but i think it was the proper call by the ref.

kazuo was pummeling him, and even tho nothing landed flush, and riggs had his arms up, he wasnt really moving and he wasnt going anywhere.

ishida's transition from the kimura roll to the armbar was nice as well.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

nobody caught strikeforce last night?

surprisingly solid card.

the decision in the main event was controversial, but i think it was the proper call by the ref.

kazuo was pummeling him, and even tho nothing landed flush, and riggs had his arms up, he wasnt really moving and he wasnt going anywhere.

ishida's transition from the kimura roll to the armbar was nice as well.

I caught one fight, but I had a poker tournament that night so I had to leave. I haven't caught the Riggs fight yet, but from what I read, it sounded likeit could've gone either way (the stoppage). I was really hoping to see Riggs put on a good fight and come out on top. He's such an inconsistent fighternow.

http://www.mma-core.com/v...0_08?vid=10001718&tid=107

At the end of the show GSP chooses Fedor as the best Pound for Pound fighter in the world. I could have sworn someone actually wanted to argue this point withme.

I think that's now GSP, BJ and Anderson that have said this.

But what do they know? Clearly not as much as your average Niketalker.

On the point above about Nate, I don't think they're bringing him along too slow. Pellegrino and Neer are no joke.

At first it seemed weird that Danzig would fight Guida so soon, but Mac has had far more experience than Nate. So maybe not so strange.

Some of you guys act like these guys should be fighting for title immediately.

Originally Posted by illphillip

At first it seemed weird that Danzig would fight Guida so soon, but Mac has had far more experience than Nate. So maybe not so strange.

Hell, Mac has more experience than Clay Guida.

I thought Mac was ready for a big time fight and was right. The guy didn't disappoint but Clay is an animal. I think a very active fighter is needed tobeat him. Mac seems real relaxed and never seems to want to push it. Tough to do against Clay but nonetheless, you have to push it a little.

No clue why Noons would duck Diaz so hard. It was a good fight and there have been times where rematches were granted right after the OG fight. Kid seems tohave a high opinion of himself. I would bet that if Nick beat him, he would be all about giving him a rematch. There really aren't many others that areworthy of a title shot with Noons.

Tonights card for Dream.6:

Middleweight GP Final
Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Alistair Overeem
Shinya Aoki vs. Todd Moore
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Masanori Tonooka
Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai
Masakatsu Funaki vs. Ikuhisa Minowa
Hideo Tokoro vs. Atsushi Yamamoto
Jimmy Ambriz vs. Sergei Kharitonov
Adriano Martins vs. Keita Nakamura
Zelg Galesic vs. Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza*
Melvin Manhoef vs. Gegard Mousasi*
Andrews Nakahara vs. Yoon Dong Sik

Originally Posted by illphillip

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Inside_MMA_09_20_08?vid=10001718&tid=107http://www.mma-core.com/v...?vid=10001718&tid=107

At the end of the show GSP chooses Fedor as the best Pound for Pound fighter in the world. I could have sworn someone actually wanted to argue this point with me.

I think that's now GSP, BJ and Anderson that have said this.

But what do they know? Clearly not as much as your average Niketalker.

On the point above about Nate, I don't think they're bringing him along too slow. Pellegrino and Neer are no joke.

Some of you guys act like these guys should be fighting for title immediately.
laugh.gif

So now you're telling me my opinion is wrong?! Let it go man, we don't agree on that topic, probably never will, andthat's the end of it.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Tonights card for Dream.6:

Middleweight GP Final
Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Alistair Overeem
Shinya Aoki vs. Todd Moore
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Masanori Tonooka
Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai
Masakatsu Funaki vs. Ikuhisa Minowa
Hideo Tokoro vs. Atsushi Yamamoto
Jimmy Ambriz vs. Sergei Kharitonov
Adriano Martins vs. Keita Nakamura
Zelg Galesic vs. Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza*
Melvin Manhoef vs. Gegard Mousasi*
Andrews Nakahara vs. Yoon Dong Sik

The dudes at DREAM come thru with another solid card. Too bad I don't have access to whatever channel its on to watch it
ohwell.gif
. Ah well, I'll catch the fights tomorrow morning on some other web site.

Cro Cop's back tonight. Supposedly Cro Cop offered to fight Sergei Kharitonov as well as Overeem when Sergei's original opponent had to pull out wothan injury. Of course, DREAm said no but sill, Cro Cop seems hungry to get back into the top heavyweight fighters mix.

Cro Cop's back tonight. Supposedly Cro Cop offered to fight Sergei Kharitonov as well as Overeem when Sergei's original opponent had to pull out wothan injury. Of course, DREAm said no but sill, Cro Cop seems hungry to get back into the top heavyweight fighters mix.

^ im still not surprised he lost that last fight.. he got kneed in the balls about 6 times in that fight. im not surprised he got sluggish.

should have stayed in the ufc to finish out the last fight on his contract.

overeem's no pushover, should be a solid fight.

sakurai's gonna maul.

finally got the chance to catch the tuf premeire.

the next anderson silva definitely isnt duarte, he got blasted by fainting phil.

solid job he was really active. he didnt want any of duarte's punching power but he really showed a lot.

Strikeforce Payroll

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

- Kazuo Misaki ($1,400/win bonus was undisclosed) def. Joe Riggs ($20,000)

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

- Josh Thomson ($40,000/win bonus was $20,000) def. Ashe Bowman ($2,000)

- Terry Martin ($10,000) def. Cory Devela ($10,000)

- Mitsuhiro Ishida ($1,400/win bonus was undisclosed) def. Justin Wilcox ($5,000)

- Trevor Prangley ($40,000) def. Anthony Ruiz ($6,000)

PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS

- Luke Stewart ($8,000) def. Jesse Juarez ($2,000)

- Eric Lawson ($6,000/win bonus was $500) def. Kenneth Seagrist ($2,000)

- Brandon Magana ($2,000) def. Brandon Thatch ($2,000)

- Jesse Gillespie ($2,000/win bonus was $1,000) def. Dave Martin ($1,000)

STRIKEFORCE AT THE MANSION 2 DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $159,300

kazuo misaki made 1400 as a base salary?
sick.gif

and people say the ufc is cheating it's fighters.

WAR CROCOP! Mirko needs this win so badly and I couldn't stand Overeem talking all that crap. *prays for a LHK.

Just saw on tv that anderson silva made a statement saying that he will retire in 2009.

stating that 'he has no more to prove'.

despite how well he's done the past couple years, i still think that's a pretty bold statement.

he's beaten some high level fighters like franklin and sakurai (who is naturally a ww) but, the only elite level fighter that he's beaten inhis career is hendo.

there are a lot of guys at 205 that could still test him.

i'll look for a link.

some of the proposed bouts for the 'UFC fight for the troops' card.

Mike Swick vs. Johnatan Goulet
Steve Bruno vs. Luke Cummo
Frankie Edgar vs. Matt Wyman
Luigi Fioravanti vs. Brodie Farber
Eddie Sanchez vs. Justin McCully
Nate Loughran vs. TBA

ufc fight night payroll

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

- Nate Diaz ($40,000/win bonus was $20,000) def. Josh Neer ($9,000)
*Each also earned an extra $30,000 for "UFC Fight Night 15 Fight of the Night"

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

- Clay Guida ($26,000/win bonus was $13,000) def. Mac Danzig ($15,000)

- Alan Belcher ($26,000/win bonus was $13,000) def. Ed Herman ($16,000)

- Eric Schafer ($12,000/win bonus was $6,000) def. Houston Alexander ($13,000)

PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS

- Alessio Sakara ($34,000/win bonus was $17,000) def. Joe Vedepo ($3,000)
*Sakara also earned an extra $30,000 for "UFC Fight Night 15 Knockout of the Night"

- Wilson Gouveia ($36,000/win bonus was $18,000) def. Ryan Jensen ($4,000)
*Gouveia also earned an extra $30,000 for "UFC Fight Night 15 Submission of the Night"

- Joe Lauzon ($20,000/win bonus was $10,000) def. Kyle Bradley ($4,000)

- Jason Brilz ($6,000/win bonus was $3,000) def. Brad Morris ($4,000)

- Mike Massenzio ($6,000/win bonus was $3,000) def. Drew McFedries ($16,000)

- Dan Miller ($10,000/win bonus was $5,000) def. Rob Kimmons ($5,000)

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 15 DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $305,000

i didnt realize kazuo misaki had a record like he does.

i knew he'd fought a lot of high profile fighters but he has victories over hendo and kang.

won the 2006 pride welterweight grand prix as well.

Back
Top Bottom