Official MLB The Show 18 Thread | Available Now

Narrator sounds like some Unsolved Mysteries steez lol

Looks ill overall though

Still using my save from 15'

SP got drafted by the Mariners in the 1st round. Had a nice 1/2 punch going with me and king felix. They ended up traded him for some top prospects making me the true ace. Then somehow Jose Fernandez (rip) and Bryce Harper signed in Free Agency. Won the World Series that year. I wasn't liking the deals they were offering me, me being a 3x cy young winner and helping them win a ring and what not. So I kept avoiding arbitration and signing 1 year deals. Guess they got fed up with me and dealt me to the Braves.
Signed a big deal with the Yankees when I got to free agency, 7 years 210 million

Multiple cy youngs and won world series during my tenure. But I blew alot of postseason games. I could only imagine the boos from the crowd and the NY media killing me in the newspapers :x :lol:

This all happened in 15' and 16' btw

Im on my contract year now so we'll see how that goes. Imma wait for 17' to start that

Did you actually play 4 or 5 full seasons in RTTS. Or did you just sim a lot to earn training points and kept building up your RTTS player.Also did you have problems with your stats being all out of whack after transferring your RTTS 15 player to RTTS 16?

For me I started a new RTTS player in the show 16. I created a switch hitting short stop and ended up getting drafted in the 2nd round by the Twins. I killed it in Double AA & Triple AAA minor leagues and made it to the show before the allstar break with the Twins. For the rest of the season in the big league I put up a 393 batting average, 14 HR's, and around 65 RBI'.After the season the best offer I got from the Twins was for 4.5 million a season for 4 seasons.Trust me I know about and tried closing the game and re launching it until you get the right contract offer in the game :lol: .

So I signed the best deal offered to me by Twins and then after the baseball winter meetings after my 1st season they traded me to the Angels. Again I know how to get around this and closed and restarted the game and reloaded my save file. Then that same off season after my rookie year with the Twins they dealt me to the Yankees :lol:

I have 2 separate RTTS game saves of my SS where I'm playing for the Angels or Yankees.

I continued my career with the Yankees and right now I'm the starting short stop in my 2nd pro season. My stats are 360 batting average, 24 HR's, 82 RBI's, 36 stolen bases, and I'm in August for that season. I'm currently in the running for AL MVP, Hank Aaron award, and would get the Silver Slugger award for the batting crown.I'm not in the running though for a gold glove.

Oh and the best way to build up your player and get the most training points is by using the stubs you get through game XP or buying them through PS store. Trust me I spent some money but not a ton on player performance boosts. The best one for the value is the 20 games position player boost for $0.99 :lol:

I also figured out how to manipulate and flip player cards on the in game market place to get more stubs. Some of these player cards are worth a lot, like I got Jose Altuve and flipped that card for 38,000 stubs. I've gotten good bats, hitting gloves, baseball cleats, shades, elbow and shin guards, and the player rituals which some of them are hilarious :lol:

Last edited:
I played every single start in 15 and 16. 7 with Seattle/Atlanta and 6 with the Yankees. never simmed a game

But all my stats were all out of wack when I transferred

Had my teams I played for all wrong, my hometown, had me throwing 491 innings every season with a 0.67 ERA's, 500 strikeouts and all type of weird **** :lol:

They always show you the accurate stats when you're loading up for the next game tho. I'll try to take a screenshot next time on

I'm in like my 6th year in RTTS in The Show 16 idk if I wanna continue or start over again my guy is getting a bit older but I wouldn't mind keeping him bc he is already established :lol:

I think I'm going to experiment with RTTS this year and make a really old Catcher. I think the oldest age a rookie can be in RTTS is like 32 or 34 years old.

Just play straight through the minors and see if I ever get a promotion call up to the big leagues :lol:

Then retire at age 40.

Last edited:
I'm in like my 6th year in RTTS in The Show 16 idk if I wanna continue or start over again my guy is getting a bit older but I wouldn't mind keeping him bc he is already established :lol:

Yea my guy is like 32 years old, 8x cy young winner, 4x mvp, something like 244 wins, close to 3000 strikeouts. Im going to finish his career out

Anyone notice in RTTS they always trade your superstar? In 15, they traded Miggy when I got called up to Detroit. Left there to go to Miami, Giancarlo gets traded. Traded to Colorado, CarGo gets traded :stoneface: In 16,im 20 games in after being called up to the white Sox. Prince fielder and I were going to be the new Bash Brothers. Then they trade him :stoneface:

Havent played since the '14, i got '15 chillin in the wrapper.

I'll have to start from scratch prob cuz i doubt i can bring a guy from '14 in to '17 :lol:

Damn he was nice too finally got the call up played a full season before i stopped playing it.

Best one i had was on '13 (PS3) only took 2 seasons to be called up, played 3 or 4 seasons pro before '14 came out and i switched to PS4 and couldnt transfer :rolleyes

Man I'm happy and glad Ken Griffey Jr. got the cover this year.

Something though that I've pushed for on Sony San Diego social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, theshownation.com). Heck even when I was driving for Lyft as a side job for a little while I gave a Sony San Diego employee a ride and we chopped it up and talked about the game. I said man you guys being based here in SD and the game being developed and made here should show some love and give the HOF and legend himself Tony Gwynn a cover one year. The Sony SD Studio employee said it wouldn't happen because of Gwynn's name recognition outside of SD wasn't big enough. I straight up gave him :stoneface: :smh: and said that is total BS and you guys have given less deserving players covers before in years past.

View media item 2368171

View media item 2368174

One of my fallen local sports icons growing up here in San Diego

RIP Tony Gwynn.

Last edited:
Whats the date theyre dropping the rest of the franchise info? I think there was a schedule or something

Whats the date theyre dropping the rest of the franchise info? I think there was a schedule or something

[h1]MLB The Show 17: Build an Empire with Franchise Mode[/h1]
If you love games where you can strategize and multitask to build up an empire, you might want to keep an eye on MLB The Show 17  — we’ve found that many gamers, even those who aren’t big sports fans, get a huge kick out of this year’s new Franchise mode.
[h1]The Pressure’s On[/h1]
This year we added two completely new ways to play the game — let’s start with Critical Situations.

Instead of waiting for the best parts of the game, Critical Situations takes you directly to those nail-biting, game-deciding moments when they naturally occur, breezing past some of the time-consuming baseball details that can get in the way of an action-packed experience. This makes games short, intense experiences that have a huge impact on your team’s record. One of the many possible situations that might pop up: your star player at the plate with a chance to win the game with one swing.

In addition to these intense, game changing moments, you’ll also encounter other important situations, such as keeping long hitting streaks alive or hitting three home runs in a game. In these situations you’ll be “locked” to the player involved, meaning you’ll only play his at-bats or fielding chances (much like Road to the Show, for all the veterans reading this). And this leads us perfectly into our next Franchise feature, Player Lock.

If you’ve ever wanted to see what you could do with your favorite MLB player over a full season, but you’re strapped for time, you’re in luck. Player Lock makes this possible, allowing gamers to play exclusively with their favorite players and help progress through the season faster. With Player Lock you can say goodbye to playing full 9-inning games! And don’t worry — it’s not permanent. Before every game, you can choose a different player to “lock-on,” meaning you can mix it up between your star players or the prospects that are just getting their first taste of The Show.
[h1]Quick Games for Quick Manage[/h1]
What about all the simulation-minded Franchise players out there? We haven’t forgotten about you, and we think you’re going to love our next feature: Quick Manage.

Just as if you were calling the shots from the dugout, Quick Manage is a text-based simulation mode that puts you in complete control of all the managerial decisions during a game. Want to bring in the closer an inning early to lock down the game? Think a sacrifice fly will score you the winning run? All of these actions and more are available to you in Quick Manage, so you control your team’s destiny.

If you’re wondering what’s so “Quick” about this mode, it’s the fact that you see the results of your actions instantly with the press of a button. We’ve given you plenty of managerial depth as well, as you can see in the screenshot below with all ways you can pitch to the hitter.

Getting antsy and want to get back into the action? With Quick Manage, you have the ability to enter the game at any point and can jump back-and-forth between managing and playing as many times as you’d like. This means that you can pick and choose when to play, while always being in complete control of your team.

And for all of you stat enthusiasts who want our MLB players to perform even more like they do in real-life, we’ve got one more thing for you, and that’s our newly introduced Player Quirks.

Quirks are very specific traits assigned to a player based on real-life data which give the player a bonus when triggered. As you can see in the screenshot above, Anthony Rizzo has the Breaking Ball Hitter quirk, which means he excels at hitting curves, sliders, and other breaking pitches. When you’re playing as Rizzo, you’ll want to look for breaking pitches to hammer, since you’ll get a hitting bonus when swinging at these types of pitches.

There are tons of different Quirks for both pitchers and position players, and in addition to changing the way you go about at-bats, we think they’ll also change the way you construct your roster.

We hope you’re as excited as we are about the big and little changes to Franchise mode. To hear more, make sure to tune in to our next Twitch stream this Thursday, where we’ll go over all of our new Franchise features in more detail. And if you haven’t already, follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news on MLB The Show.

Thanks for reading, and we’ll see you when MLB The Show 17 launches on March 28.

So that rtts story mode wont work with existing saves? That sucks

Guess I'll have to make a second save

Man the last one I played was '13 or '14. I do remember playing online so that option was available already but its been years. ****, maybe it was 2012 I dont know.

How has online gameplay been? smooth? I guess everyone is most into the career mode? You only play AI that way, right?

Was hoping for more but looks like RTTS got most of the attention again. I hate this direction that all sports games have been going in but it seems like the majority is happy with it so o well.

Thanks

I agree with a lot of what was said in this video.But at the same time after watching that gamespot preview on RTTS. The head game developer and studio manager Ramone Russell said that this new RPG style mode for RTTS which the are calling "pave your path" is basically the early experiment and they expect it to get better each season in the next few years, comparable to how they did with diamond dynasty mode over past few years in each new version of the show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom