Official Minnesota T'Wolves 2010-11 Season Thread (17-65) Worst. Season. Ever. Get that #1 Pick.

For all we know, this might be a non-issue. Hopefully all this media scrutiny will propel Kurt Rambis into giving Kevin Love more minutes late in ballgames.

I like the way Wes played last night... however, I do have to bring up that:

In a few weeks, our lineup could have looked like this...

PG- Jonny Flynn
SG- Martell Webster
SF- Michael Beasley
PF- Kevin Love
C- DeMarcus Cousins

sick.gif
sick.gif
. It pains me to look at that lineup and think of what could have been.

Then we could have used the money we're paying Darko right now to get a wing in free agency.

I'm just rambling. It's
pimp.gif
that we actually have a lengthy discussion going on right now in a thread that has gone dormant for long periods of time in the past.

Originally Posted by JPZx

For all we know, this might be a non-issue. Hopefully all this media scrutiny will propel Kurt Rambis into giving Kevin Love more minutes late in ballgames.

PG- Jonny Flynn
SG- Martell Webster
SF- Michael Beasley
PF- Kevin Love
C- DeMarcus Cousins

sick.gif
sick.gif

Then we could have used the money we're paying Darko right now to get a wing in free agency.

I'm just rambling. It's
pimp.gif
that we actually have a lengthy discussion going on right now in a thread that has gone dormant for long periods of time in the past.

Well the line up could of looked like this -

PG - Brandon Jennings
SG - Stephon Curry
SF - Michael Beasley
PF - Kevin Love
C - Demarcus Cousins

But David Khan has other ideas.

PG- Jonny Flynn
SG- Martell Webster
SF- Michael Beasley
PF- Kevin Love
C- DeMarcus Cousins

sick.gif
sick.gif

I'm just rambling. It's
pimp.gif

Well the line up could of looked like this -

PG - Brandon Jennings
SG - Stephon Curry
SF - Michael Beasley
PF - Kevin Love
C - Demarcus Cousins

But David Khan has other ideas.

Well, no.

If we had drafted Jennings and Curry, then we wouldn't have gotten a high enough pick to draft DeMarcus Cousins. However, I see where you're going.

I'll always defend the Rubio pick. However, the Flynn pick has a right to be criticized at this point.

Well, no.

If we had drafted Jennings and Curry, then we wouldn't have gotten a high enough pick to draft DeMarcus Cousins. However, I see where you're going.

I'll always defend the Rubio pick. However, the Flynn pick has a right to be criticized at this point.

Am I the only one who ask why the knicks didn't draft Jennings?

Next summer will be interesting either both Flynn and Luke will be gone or Rubio decides to stay another year(maybe). Plus even though the bball college season hasn't started I don't see anyone that will make a huge impact for us next year.

Am I the only one who ask why the knicks didn't draft Jennings?

Next summer will be interesting either both Flynn and Luke will be gone or Rubio decides to stay another year(maybe). Plus even though the bball college season hasn't started I don't see anyone that will make a huge impact for us next year.

I think they were targeting Ramon Sessions in FA and thought they could get him, so they went with a big instead. Was still a stupid move, though.

What happens if Luke Ridnour is balling when Jonny Flynn returns? Do you make him earn the starting spot back or hand him the reigns right away?

No one in college bball will make a big impact for us next year? Enes Kanter. Dude's 6'11", going to Kentucky. Not a lot of holes in his game, however he has had injury issues. Then there's the obvious Harrison Barnes and Perry Jones. You could say we already have decent set of wings but those are guys who you take no matter what pieces you have on your roster. Game changers.

I think they were targeting Ramon Sessions in FA and thought they could get him, so they went with a big instead. Was still a stupid move, though.

What happens if Luke Ridnour is balling when Jonny Flynn returns? Do you make him earn the starting spot back or hand him the reigns right away?

No one in college bball will make a big impact for us next year? Enes Kanter. Dude's 6'11", going to Kentucky. Not a lot of holes in his game, however he has had injury issues. Then there's the obvious Harrison Barnes and Perry Jones. You could say we already have decent set of wings but those are guys who you take no matter what pieces you have on your roster. Game changers.

Umm id give Flynn a couple starts a PG over Luke for a bit and see how if he fares well.. if not then had it back to Luke and make Jonny earn it back... even though i love johnny but again you put the players who can give the team the best chance win at the time.. 
and word... the College "prospects" dont look to be too deep this year.. and that clear cut guy who can make a direct impact for a team in the NBA.. 

Umm id give Flynn a couple starts a PG over Luke for a bit and see how if he fares well.. if not then had it back to Luke and make Jonny earn it back... even though i love johnny but again you put the players who can give the team the best chance win at the time.. 
and word... the College "prospects" dont look to be too deep this year.. and that clear cut guy who can make a direct impact for a team in the NBA.. 

I guess I'm the only one who really likes the college prospects this year.

^how can you be both a gophers and a badgers fan though?.............................
nerd.gif

I guess I'm the only one who really likes the college prospects this year.

^how can you be both a gophers and a badgers fan though?.............................
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
Honestly.. i have NO IDEA. 
i HATE EVERYONE ELSE IN THE BIG TEN.

But for some reason i always liked the badgers ( i guess it was sorta influenced by my family here when i moved cause theyre all WISC fans.)

Also, when i was first introduced to the College sports scene i always had a appreciation for UW's football team and Camp Randall and their hockey team.

But i liked the Gophers at the same time , this was when Marion Barber and Maroney were in the backfield for the gophers.. so i really couldnt pick one of the 2.. 

So im still a fan of both...

Im in college right now working on transferring to the U but in my deepest of hearts i would rather go the UW Madison.. no idea why... It jus looks AWESOME there... but its so hard to get into 
ohwell.gif

*Shrugs

But yeah....

Also, just in case you were wondering about the OKC... i went to school with Cole Aldrich.. so of course i gotta support dude... KD & Westbrook are them dudes also 
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
Honestly.. i have NO IDEA. 
i HATE EVERYONE ELSE IN THE BIG TEN.

But for some reason i always liked the badgers ( i guess it was sorta influenced by my family here when i moved cause theyre all WISC fans.)

Also, when i was first introduced to the College sports scene i always had a appreciation for UW's football team and Camp Randall and their hockey team.

But i liked the Gophers at the same time , this was when Marion Barber and Maroney were in the backfield for the gophers.. so i really couldnt pick one of the 2.. 

So im still a fan of both...

Im in college right now working on transferring to the U but in my deepest of hearts i would rather go the UW Madison.. no idea why... It jus looks AWESOME there... but its so hard to get into 
ohwell.gif

*Shrugs

But yeah....

Also, just in case you were wondering about the OKC... i went to school with Cole Aldrich.. so of course i gotta support dude... KD & Westbrook are them dudes also 
pimp.gif

I don't watch college basketball like that  I usually know some of the guys once it begins.  I more interested in what Rivers does at Duke I have a lot of respect for Coach K. I'm a UNC fan though and I haven't payed attention to who they brought in besides Barnes. I do wonder if guys are going to enter the draft to be signed and get cash (of course obvious answer) or maybe play another year if there is a lockout, which I'm confident there won't be.............hopefully.
On the PG battle you have to let Johnny earn that spot. I wouldn't rush him straight into the starting line up just yet.

I don't watch college basketball like that  I usually know some of the guys once it begins.  I more interested in what Rivers does at Duke I have a lot of respect for Coach K. I'm a UNC fan though and I haven't payed attention to who they brought in besides Barnes. I do wonder if guys are going to enter the draft to be signed and get cash (of course obvious answer) or maybe play another year if there is a lockout, which I'm confident there won't be.............hopefully.
On the PG battle you have to let Johnny earn that spot. I wouldn't rush him straight into the starting line up just yet.

Friday thoughts:

Flynn does nothing for me. I'm cool with Ridnour for awhile. But admittedly it's year 2 for Flynn and again how much of his struggles is Rambis' "system" I do not know. Curry would not be putting up the stat lines he has if he was here in MN. From what I recall Flynn was taken before Rambis was hired so he's not "his guy." And from what Zgoda has said this summer, the Wes Johnson pick was Rambis' call. Kahn favored Cousins (but liked both players) and Rambis said he simply needed an athletic wing more who could shoot and wanted Wes. So that's where they went. This doesn't mean anything rather I wonder if Flynn would have even been their choice if Rambis was on board at that time.

I'm like everyone else: I don't know what Rambis does and I don't understand his offense or what his overall plan is. I like him as a person and the man knows ball. But I do not know how much a young and green team fits his model. But he's like anyone else. He looks smarter the more talent he has.

This team simply needs to get Rubio and possibly Barnes in the next draft and none of this will matter. This is a 30 win team at best this year and still lacking major talent. This is pro sports though and Kahn and Rambis could be out of here a year from now and then who knows what is going to happen. And this will likely be the case with this organization (constant turnover and non winning teams) until this team can finally break their lottery curse and get a star. We've seen Wall, Turner, Griffin, Tyreke, Rose, Durant, Horford, Deron Williams, and Chris Paul (to name a few) picked before it's our first turn just since 2005. It's pathetic. And the lotto luck has to change.

With that all said I love my Wolves and just want them to be relevant. Let's move to game 2 tonight and see what happens.

Friday thoughts:

Flynn does nothing for me. I'm cool with Ridnour for awhile. But admittedly it's year 2 for Flynn and again how much of his struggles is Rambis' "system" I do not know. Curry would not be putting up the stat lines he has if he was here in MN. From what I recall Flynn was taken before Rambis was hired so he's not "his guy." And from what Zgoda has said this summer, the Wes Johnson pick was Rambis' call. Kahn favored Cousins (but liked both players) and Rambis said he simply needed an athletic wing more who could shoot and wanted Wes. So that's where they went. This doesn't mean anything rather I wonder if Flynn would have even been their choice if Rambis was on board at that time.

I'm like everyone else: I don't know what Rambis does and I don't understand his offense or what his overall plan is. I like him as a person and the man knows ball. But I do not know how much a young and green team fits his model. But he's like anyone else. He looks smarter the more talent he has.

This team simply needs to get Rubio and possibly Barnes in the next draft and none of this will matter. This is a 30 win team at best this year and still lacking major talent. This is pro sports though and Kahn and Rambis could be out of here a year from now and then who knows what is going to happen. And this will likely be the case with this organization (constant turnover and non winning teams) until this team can finally break their lottery curse and get a star. We've seen Wall, Turner, Griffin, Tyreke, Rose, Durant, Horford, Deron Williams, and Chris Paul (to name a few) picked before it's our first turn just since 2005. It's pathetic. And the lotto luck has to change.

With that all said I love my Wolves and just want them to be relevant. Let's move to game 2 tonight and see what happens.

Thursday, October 28, 2010
Kevin Love OK with his playing time

Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis and Kevin Love say they're on the same page about the power forward's playing time.
3449.jpg

Love
Love was in the game for less than 9 minutes in Wednesday's season opener, and Rambis pinned it on a preference for backup Anthony Tolliver's energy and defense. Love complained about his role last season and left the locker room Wednesday without speaking to the media, but after practice Thursday he said he and Rambis are fine and that any speculation about a rift has been blown out of proportion. Rambis said he spoke to Love in the morning to make clear he had no "hidden agenda" or "loss of faith" in Love. Rambis says he'll play players who are "playing the best and give us the most at that particular time."

I'm gonna go ahead and throw the bs flag on this one. Doubt things have been smoothed over so quickly.   Unless of course Love's gonna get 35+ min tonight.

Thursday, October 28, 2010
Kevin Love OK with his playing time

Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis and Kevin Love say they're on the same page about the power forward's playing time.
3449.jpg

Love
Love was in the game for less than 9 minutes in Wednesday's season opener, and Rambis pinned it on a preference for backup Anthony Tolliver's energy and defense. Love complained about his role last season and left the locker room Wednesday without speaking to the media, but after practice Thursday he said he and Rambis are fine and that any speculation about a rift has been blown out of proportion. Rambis said he spoke to Love in the morning to make clear he had no "hidden agenda" or "loss of faith" in Love. Rambis says he'll play players who are "playing the best and give us the most at that particular time."

I'm gonna go ahead and throw the bs flag on this one. Doubt things have been smoothed over so quickly.   Unless of course Love's gonna get 35+ min tonight.

Back
Top Bottom