Official Minnesota T'Wolves 2010-11 Season Thread (17-65) Worst. Season. Ever. Get that #1 Pick.

ohwell.gif
tired.gif
 It was close

Tough loss.

Anthony Tolliver really came out and played. I love his hustle and the little things he contributes to the game. Lots of credit to Michael Beasley because he put up 17 & 7 and I really didn't feel like he had a good game. That's a testament to how good I think he could become on this squad. Ridnour balled. Love got his first of many double-doubles.

Francisco Garcia and Carl Landry just killed us
sick.gif

Let's take it to Milwaukee on Friday. Ridnour will be ready.

Tough loss.

Anthony Tolliver really came out and played. I love his hustle and the little things he contributes to the game. Lots of credit to Michael Beasley because he put up 17 & 7 and I really didn't feel like he had a good game. That's a testament to how good I think he could become on this squad. Ridnour balled. Love got his first of many double-doubles.

Francisco Garcia and Carl Landry just killed us
sick.gif

Let's take it to Milwaukee on Friday. Ridnour will be ready.

good to see that beasley had 17/7.... give him enough touches and he will bring that all day... good luck this season

good to see that beasley had 17/7.... give him enough touches and he will bring that all day... good luck this season

At the game, fun atmosphere, def a dif aura than last year.

Telfair- what a player. Seriously I can see him starting somewhere. And Wes is gonna be a player. I never saw any of his games being on the west coast, but dude got game.

Does Rambis lose on purpose? Why oh why was Johnson not put back in after dropping 11 in like 5 minutes.

Tolliver doing exacly what he did at Golden State- the intangibles.

Love the look of this team, and glad I get to watch it grow and come together.

At the game, fun atmosphere, def a dif aura than last year.

Telfair- what a player. Seriously I can see him starting somewhere. And Wes is gonna be a player. I never saw any of his games being on the west coast, but dude got game.

Does Rambis lose on purpose? Why oh why was Johnson not put back in after dropping 11 in like 5 minutes.

Tolliver doing exacly what he did at Golden State- the intangibles.

Love the look of this team, and glad I get to watch it grow and come together.

Good to hear that my guy Bassy play well.  Kind of a make or break year for him if he can carve a niche out for himself in the league.

Good to hear that my guy Bassy play well.  Kind of a make or break year for him if he can carve a niche out for himself in the league.

Telfair played well?... Did anyone watch quarter three?

When asked why Rambis didn't have "arguably his best player out on the court in the fourth quarter", he responded "Well who's arguing that? That's your opinion."

Ugh.

How a guy who played for Team USA, cannot get fourth quarter minutes on a team that won 15 games last year against the Sacramento freaking Kings befuddles me. I don't @+%%*!$ get it.

Telfair played well?... Did anyone watch quarter three?

When asked why Rambis didn't have "arguably his best player out on the court in the fourth quarter", he responded "Well who's arguing that? That's your opinion."

Ugh.

How a guy who played for Team USA, cannot get fourth quarter minutes on a team that won 15 games last year against the Sacramento freaking Kings befuddles me. I don't @+%%*!$ get it.

To hit on why Love wasn't in down the home stretch, it was said by Rambis that he was liking the way Tolliver was playing and his contribution on the defensive end. More or less that it wasn't any knock on Love, but a testament to how well Tolliver was playing. I can dig that for now.

Other than that, Minnesota gave up too many offensive rebounds. They need to shore some things up obviously, but it's early.

Tolliver was a plus, and I even liked Pekovic. He just needs to stay on the court instead of being in foul trouble all game.

Fun start for a loss.

To hit on why Love wasn't in down the home stretch, it was said by Rambis that he was liking the way Tolliver was playing and his contribution on the defensive end. More or less that it wasn't any knock on Love, but a testament to how well Tolliver was playing. I can dig that for now.

Other than that, Minnesota gave up too many offensive rebounds. They need to shore some things up obviously, but it's early.

Tolliver was a plus, and I even liked Pekovic. He just needs to stay on the court instead of being in foul trouble all game.

Fun start for a loss.

I don't really care what Tolliver did.... there's no excuse for any coach benching his BEST player due to a reserve player having a good day.

I'm not going to use Kobe, Dwight, Lebron, etc. as examples, but:

If Danny Granger's backup was playing better than him at the end of the game, who would be in the game?
If Brook Lopez's backup was playing better than him at the end of the game, who would be in the game?
If Josh Smith's backup was playing better than him at the end of the game, who would be in the game?

You get the point.

There's simply no way around this. I don't care about how well Tolliver was playing if it ends up costing our best player playing time. If Rambis really wanted Tolliver in so much, why couldn't he have just played wing for the last three minutes or so with Love playing PF? Tolliver has shown throughout his career that he can be a perimeter shooter.

We lost by a point. Not having our best player in the game contributed to that.
30t6p3b.gif

I don't really care what Tolliver did.... there's no excuse for any coach benching his BEST player due to a reserve player having a good day.

If Danny Granger's backup was playing better than him at the end of the game, who would be in the game?
If Brook Lopez's backup was playing better than him at the end of the game, who would be in the game?
If Josh Smith's backup was playing better than him at the end of the game, who would be in the game?

You get the point.

There's simply no way around this. I don't care about how well Tolliver was playing if it ends up costing our best player playing time. If Rambis really wanted Tolliver in so much, why couldn't he have just played wing for the last three minutes or so with Love playing PF? Tolliver has shown throughout his career that he can be a perimeter shooter.

30t6p3b.gif

I don't really care what Tolliver did.... there's no excuse forany coach benching his BEST player due to a reserve player having agood day.

You get the point.

There'ssimply no way around this. I don't care about how well Tolliver wasplaying if it ends up costing our best player playing time. If Rambis reallywanted Tolliver in so much, why couldn't he have just played wing forthe last three minutes or so with Love playing PF? Tolliver has shownthroughout his career that he can be a perimeter shooter.

30t6p3b.gif

You get a golf clap for that.

I don't really care what Tolliver did.... there's no excuse forany coach benching his BEST player due to a reserve player having agood day.

You get the point.

There'ssimply no way around this. I don't care about how well Tolliver wasplaying if it ends up costing our best player playing time. If Rambis reallywanted Tolliver in so much, why couldn't he have just played wing forthe last three minutes or so with Love playing PF? Tolliver has shownthroughout his career that he can be a perimeter shooter.

30t6p3b.gif

You get a golf clap for that.

Rambis simply cannot stand Love's defensive effort. It's been a problem between the two for two years. In a league where regular season defense is almost non existent Love often looks horrendous. And it drives Rambis insane.

That's not to say what Rambis does is right. I actually think the way they've played Love since Day 1 has been laughable. But Rambis can't get away from his old school roots of players playing the "right" way. It's only one game but Rambis this year has more options to turn around and sub in, I dunno *shrugs

Rambis simply cannot stand Love's defensive effort. It's been a problem between the two for two years. In a league where regular season defense is almost non existent Love often looks horrendous. And it drives Rambis insane.

That's not to say what Rambis does is right. I actually think the way they've played Love since Day 1 has been laughable. But Rambis can't get away from his old school roots of players playing the "right" way. It's only one game but Rambis this year has more options to turn around and sub in, I dunno *shrugs

Back
Top Bottom