Official Minnesota T'Wolves 2010-11 Season Thread (17-65) Worst. Season. Ever. Get that #1 Pick.

I was at the game and Love is just horrible on the defensive end honestly. I don't understand how you don't run more post plays for the bigs. Plus Landry & Cousins had 5 fouls in the middle of the 4th and none of our bigs really went at them. I didn't understand why Rambis kept certain line ups out there. I'm still mad at Luke for taking a pull up shot on a 4 on 3 break and then taking a quick foul. 

One question is Garcia this good or was the defense just that bad?

Oh well I'll be at the game on Friday.

I was at the game and Love is just horrible on the defensive end honestly. I don't understand how you don't run more post plays for the bigs. Plus Landry & Cousins had 5 fouls in the middle of the 4th and none of our bigs really went at them. I didn't understand why Rambis kept certain line ups out there. I'm still mad at Luke for taking a pull up shot on a 4 on 3 break and then taking a quick foul. 

One question is Garcia this good or was the defense just that bad?

Oh well I'll be at the game on Friday.

Bottom line is...  
Benching Love for anyone regardless of the defense he plays/played is ridiculous. Your TEAM gave up almost 120 points... Your telling me Love is the only person who's not playing defense? Of course not.  And if Rambis wanted Tolliver in the game that's fine ( he should have been the way he was playing) but not at the expense of Love.  I also don't care how good he looked in the pre-season or whatever get Wayne Ellington's scrub #*@ out of the starting lineup.  Only bright spot I could see was that Wes looked better than I expected in limited action.
I had tickets to last nights game and decided against even going in favor of watching the World Series.  I'm glad I made that choice because I would have been pretty heated being there.  I love the Wolves and last few years have attended plenty of games, as bad as they have been, and have even tossed around the idea of season tickets but I will not even think about going to a game this year if last night is an indication of how the season is going to go.  

Bottom line is...  
Benching Love for anyone regardless of the defense he plays/played is ridiculous. Your TEAM gave up almost 120 points... Your telling me Love is the only person who's not playing defense? Of course not.  And if Rambis wanted Tolliver in the game that's fine ( he should have been the way he was playing) but not at the expense of Love.  I also don't care how good he looked in the pre-season or whatever get Wayne Ellington's scrub #*@ out of the starting lineup.  Only bright spot I could see was that Wes looked better than I expected in limited action.
I had tickets to last nights game and decided against even going in favor of watching the World Series.  I'm glad I made that choice because I would have been pretty heated being there.  I love the Wolves and last few years have attended plenty of games, as bad as they have been, and have even tossed around the idea of season tickets but I will not even think about going to a game this year if last night is an indication of how the season is going to go.  

Darko doesnt play D. 

Beasley might be the worst defender in the entire league.

Ridnour cannot gaurd a WNBA point.

None of these people can rebound and when your team needed scoring and rebounding the most, you have your best player on the bench. The defense thing isnt an excuse...Rambis has no idea what he is doing (of course, if it took you this long to figure that out you probably took the short bus to school).

Great job of coaching......your best player out of the city. I got a countdown going until a trade is demanded.

Darko doesnt play D. 

Beasley might be the worst defender in the entire league.

Ridnour cannot gaurd a WNBA point.

None of these people can rebound and when your team needed scoring and rebounding the most, you have your best player on the bench. The defense thing isnt an excuse...Rambis has no idea what he is doing (of course, if it took you this long to figure that out you probably took the short bus to school).

Great job of coaching......your best player out of the city. I got a countdown going until a trade is demanded.

[h2]The curious case of Kevin Love[/h2]
Posted on: October 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Edited on: October 28, 2010 4:17 pm

Score: 188

Log-in to rate:

• Log-in to rate:
  • Log-in to rate:

106160404.jpg
Posted by Royce Young

(When do you think people will stop using a form of that headline for questions about a topic? I mean, it's been almost four years since that movie came out. Anyway, on to the point.)

After a summer tearing up the world on the glass at the World Championships and a preseason where he put up 32 and 20 in 28 minutes of action, the common thinking was that Kevin Love would finally start getting the minutes he deserved.

Most agree he's the Minnesota Timberwolves best player. Everyone agrees he's at least a very good player. And yet in the Wolves opener against the Kings, Love played only 24 minutes and sat the last eight despite playing well with 11 points and 10 rebounds. So why did he sit?

Kurt Rambis offered an explanation, via the Star Tribune, when asked why he sat his best player:
That’s your opinion,

[h2]The curious case of Kevin Love[/h2]
Posted on: October 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Edited on: October 28, 2010 4:17 pm

Score: 188

Log-in to rate:

• Log-in to rate:
  • Log-in to rate:

106160404.jpg
Posted by Royce Young

(When do you think people will stop using a form of that headline for questions about a topic? I mean, it's been almost four years since that movie came out. Anyway, on to the point.)

After a summer tearing up the world on the glass at the World Championships and a preseason where he put up 32 and 20 in 28 minutes of action, the common thinking was that Kevin Love would finally start getting the minutes he deserved.

Most agree he's the Minnesota Timberwolves best player. Everyone agrees he's at least a very good player. And yet in the Wolves opener against the Kings, Love played only 24 minutes and sat the last eight despite playing well with 11 points and 10 rebounds. So why did he sit?

Kurt Rambis offered an explanation, via the Star Tribune, when asked why he sat his best player:
That’s your opinion,

^ Not sure what you mean partner. I enjoyed the game. I have no expectations and liked some of the talent I saw out there. No sarcasm there, but cute attempt.

^ Not sure what you mean partner. I enjoyed the game. I have no expectations and liked some of the talent I saw out there. No sarcasm there, but cute attempt.

It was an attempt at nothing other than who in the world says those words?  "Fun start for a loss"....you must not have a backbone....or maybe you never played sports? 

You cant honestly tell me you enjoyed watching your coach throw away a win? 

It was an attempt at nothing other than who in the world says those words?  "Fun start for a loss"....you must not have a backbone....or maybe you never played sports? 

You cant honestly tell me you enjoyed watching your coach throw away a win? 

He's not my coach. And it's one of many losses. This game...This team, has a lot more aspects to it than one sit down of a mediocre "star" player. I saw things I liked. The game was close, but they lost. Oh well.

or maybe you never played sports? 
Yeah, because my lax attitude and patience towards a team that has a long time before they're contending again completely exemplies this irrelevant remark.

P.S. To answer your inquiry...I dabbled. 
smile.gif

He's not my coach. And it's one of many losses. This game...This team, has a lot more aspects to it than one sit down of a mediocre "star" player. I saw things I liked. The game was close, but they lost. Oh well.

or maybe you never played sports? 
Yeah, because my lax attitude and patience towards a team that has a long time before they're contending again completely exemplies this irrelevant remark.

P.S. To answer your inquiry...I dabbled. 
smile.gif

I just hope we can get to 25-30 wins this year... Show some damn progress. I'm not to excited for the picks the last few years outside of Flynn and Love. Ellington needs to step up, Brewer is finally showing he's a decent player. Definitely didn't warrant his draft position. And Wesley could be a decent player, just need to see more of him to judge.

I just hope we can get to 25-30 wins this year... Show some damn progress. I'm not to excited for the picks the last few years outside of Flynn and Love. Ellington needs to step up, Brewer is finally showing he's a decent player. Definitely didn't warrant his draft position. And Wesley could be a decent player, just need to see more of him to judge.

I think Brewer should have start last night. I just want to finally see our bigs post more and actually do something with the ball. Pekovic seems like the only one who actually likes to bang in the post. 

I think Brewer should have start last night. I just want to finally see our bigs post more and actually do something with the ball. Pekovic seems like the only one who actually likes to bang in the post. 

For all we know, this might be a non-issue. Hopefully all this media scrutiny will propel Kurt Rambis into giving Kevin Love more minutes late in ballgames.

I like the way Wes played last night... however, I do have to bring up that:

In a few weeks, our lineup could have looked like this...

PG- Jonny Flynn
SG- Martell Webster
SF- Michael Beasley
PF- Kevin Love
C- DeMarcus Cousins

sick.gif
sick.gif
. It pains me to look at that lineup and think of what could have been.

Then we could have used the money we're paying Darko right now to get a wing in free agency.

I'm just rambling. It's
pimp.gif
that we actually have a lengthy discussion going on right now in a thread that has gone dormant for long periods of time in the past.

Back
Top Bottom