Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Don't forget though, it's either Harden or Ibaka. If MJ waves that draft pick in front of okc, they should take it.
And then if that draft pick blows up are they gonna move him for a lottery pick too?

It's taken harden 3 years to become who he is.

This team is in win-now mode and they don't have enough scorers to move Harden for a rookie who can't contribute for a few seasons.

If Bennett is serious about winning, then you don't decide between Harden or Ibaka. You keep both.

lebron-smallest-violin.gif

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Is it me or does he look too happy after a loss? I feel like dude is all about him & his numbers... I know people in LA that say he walks around saying him>KD and all that.
Do you prefer he cries on stage?
He just dropped 43 on the best team still playing in the NBA...against 3 1st ballot HOFers...he led his team in scoring, points, and was 2nd in rebounding. If you watched the game you'd know he played fearlessly and attacked every time.

And you don't think he cares about winning/losing?�
laugh.gif

not saying that he didn't try to win, but I feel like he's more satisfied with his numbers than hurt by the loss.

Can we give the armchair psychology a rest? You have no idea how he's feeling right now.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Don't forget though, it's either Harden or Ibaka. If MJ waves that draft pick in front of okc, they should take it.
And then if that draft pick blows up are they gonna move him for a lottery pick too?

It's taken harden 3 years to become who he is.

This team is in win-now mode and they don't have enough scorers to move Harden for a rookie who can't contribute for a few seasons.

Good point. If okc can somehow pull off being able to keep both, then major kudos to them.

The Heat are definitely in the driver's seat right now, but they better not come out complacent in Game 5.

This is clearly not last year's finals.  Lebron has been fantastic in this series and is 1 away from his first title. 

The shocking part has been how young OKC now looks.  They looked just fine in rounds 1-3, but now they make mistake after mistake late in games.  Add to that Harden suddenly becoming worthless, and it's easy to see why OKC down 3-1. 

But, this might be the step in their evolution.  This loss could be their driving force for next year and beyond. 

Gonna suck if the Heat close this out in 5 tho, this series deserves more.  All 4 games been down to the wire, huge moments, huge performances, we need some OT's and a game 6 or 7 to really set the series off.  But Heat have all the momentum right now, and strangely, the Heat crowd was wild tonight, they can taste it. 

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by Charles Schwag

^That is what people fail to realize. Winning 1 ring does not mean anything. 1 Championship isn't transcending feat.

08 Celtics got 1 ring
11 Mavs got 1 ring
04 Pistons got 1 ring

This Miami Heat that was built for Lebron...should be going on their 2nd ring/championship.

But now Lebron gets 1 ring and all of a sudden you want to put him passed Kareem, Bill Russell, Kobe, MJ, Shaq, Duncan. @!%%*

1 Ring/Championship doesnt mean anything.

2004 Pistons....got 1 championship....Will you ever see Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton in the Hall Of Fame? Where is Ben Wallace and Tayshaun Prince now?

2011 Mavs....The German got his 1 ring after 14 years of failure......Swept in the first round this year. Come on people.

Lebron has to make Miami a Dynasty. 1 Ring. Good for you. Congrats. With Wade and Bosh...he should be on his second...and going for his 3rd next year.

Lebron and with the talent of Wade and Bosh. Has to make The Miami Heat into the Spurs/Lakers of the past decade with 4/5 banners/titles.

2008 Celtics = 2012 Miami Heat

you got all that talent on one team, now you got that title. Good now go get 3-4 more.

That is exactly what eats at Lebron stans like xpopocatepl. The cavs used to destroy the Lakers and would have probably beat the Lakers 3 times in 2008,2009, and 2010. The cavs just had the Lakers number those years and I am pretty confident that the cavs would have beat the Lakers in the finals.

Lebron choked against the celtics and magic those years and lost his chance at beating Kobe in the finals and cementing his legacy WITH HIS OWN TEAM. That is the diffrence between being on MJ level to Dr J level if he only wins this year.

You know what eats Kobe stans like yourself? The fact that unlike LeBron, Kobe's career is TRULY full of wasted championships where he had supporting casts capable of winning a championship: 98-99, 02-03, 03-04, 07-08, 10-11, 11-12 plus who knows how many more if he did not run Shaq out of town with his play in the 2004 finals that was only aimed at him winning Finals MVP and not a championship. So far, LeBron only has one legitimately one wasted championship winning supporting cast: last season.

LeBron "choked" against the Magic after putting up something like 38 points on 50%+, 7 rebounds and 8 assists per game that series? Would've been so convenient to take the "no clutch" angle had he not hit that 3 pointer at the buzzer to win the game when the Cavs were down by 2.

Cavs: Second worst record in the league and 26 losses in a row without LeBron.

supportingcast.png

This fact must really bug you. Please make a list of differences showing how oh so different that Cavs team was besides LeBron leaving.

funny-oprah-winfrey-you-mad-bro-Favim.com-295571.gif
Nice try. That 2010 Cavs loss Varajao in middle of the season and Mo William walked.  Also Lebron played on the East . Let me see how many Finals Lebron would have made if he play on the West from 06-10

Damn I still have unused ring less lebron jokes. Got only two days to use them all assuming heat close out at home

Originally Posted by Charles Schwag

^That is what people fail to realize. Winning 1 ring does not mean anything. 1 Championship isn't transcending feat.

08 Celtics got 1 ring
11 Mavs got 1 ring
04 Pistons got 1 ring

This Miami Heat that was built for Lebron...should be going on their 2nd ring/championship.

But now Lebron gets 1 ring and all of a sudden you want to put him passed Kareem, Bill Russell, Kobe, MJ, Shaq, Duncan. @!%%*

1 Ring/Championship doesnt mean anything.

2004 Pistons....got 1 championship....Will you ever see Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton in the Hall Of Fame? Where is Ben Wallace and Tayshaun Prince now?

2011 Mavs....The German got his 1 ring after 14 years of failure......Swept in the first round this year. Come on people.

Lebron has to make Miami a Dynasty. 1 Ring. Good for you. Congrats. With Wade and Bosh...he should be on his second...and going for his 3rd next year.

Lebron and with the talent of Wade and Bosh. Has to make The Miami Heat into the Spurs/Lakers of the past decade with 4/5 banners/titles.

2008 Celtics = 2012 Miami Heat

you got all that talent on one team, now you got that title. Good now go get 3-4 more.

That is exactly what eats at Lebron stans like xpopocatepl. The cavs used to destroy the Lakers and would have probably beat the Lakers 3 times in 2008,2009, and 2010. The cavs just had the Lakers number those years and I am pretty confident that the cavs would have beat the Lakers in the finals.

Lebron choked against the celtics and magic those years and lost his chance at beating Kobe in the finals and cementing his legacy WITH HIS OWN TEAM. That is the diffrence between being on MJ level to Dr J level if he only wins this year.

You know what eats Kobe stans like yourself? The fact that unlike LeBron, Kobe's career is TRULY full of wasted championships where he had supporting casts capable of winning a championship: 98-99, 02-03, 03-04, 07-08, 10-11, 11-12 plus who knows how many more if he did not run Shaq out of town with his play in the 2004 finals that was only aimed at him winning Finals MVP and not a championship. So far, LeBron only has one legitimately one wasted championship winning supporting cast: last season.

LeBron "choked" against the Magic after putting up something like 38 points on 50%+, 7 rebounds and 8 assists per game that series? Would've been so convenient to take the "no clutch" angle had he not hit that 3 pointer at the buzzer to win the game when the Cavs were down by 2.

Cavs: Second worst record in the league and 26 losses in a row without LeBron.

supportingcast.png

This fact must really bug you. Please make a list of differences showing how oh so different that Cavs team was besides LeBron leaving.

funny-oprah-winfrey-you-mad-bro-Favim.com-295571.gif
This. Friend of mine had the nerve to tell me that after Lebron left, the Cavs team was "vastly different" and Delonte West is "nice" and part of the reason the Cavs are 36-105 post Lebron James.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by Cali Fresh

Are people really comparing cramps while playing rec ball to a world class athlete ?

what difference does the level of competition have to do with muscle physiology?

laugh.gif
So ridiculous lol. As if their cramps are different than that of an average man.

Originally Posted by Cali Fresh

Are people really comparing cramps while playing rec ball to a world class athlete ?
Okay Rec ball.. professional ball... Aren't cramps cramps.. thats like saying Derrick Rose's ACL injury is different from a regular baller who also had an ACL injury, b/c hes not a professional.. That makes 0 sense... lol

This Finals has been full of surprises. Props to both teams. I think if they played each other on a neutral court 100 times, it'd be a 50/50 split. 1 or 2 plays has really made the difference between either side winning or losing.

whelp.. we have a chance to make history

i no longer blame the refs, since brooks and co should know what to expect.. brooks has to force these guys to understand that if you have chances to take it out of the refs hands, you have to do it.. push the pace and keep attacking the rim

for example, for as much as brooks loves to play westbrook and fisher together.. it took him til our last game of the season in the playoffs against dallas for him to play westbrook and maynor together

now this time, it took him until game 4 to realize he should be playing collison AND ibaka more mins then perkins in this series.. and why he doesn't try running a zone more even after it worked for for the little bit he used it in game 3 i have no clue.. hell, especially after as much as dallas used it last year

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Ya'll talking about cramps, not the game, not the game....but about cramps

laugh.gif
 @#$# is sickening. Yeah let's just forget that he was 1 rebound away from a triple double in the THIRD quarter. 

This crying about the refs just needs to stop. I mean it's gunna happen in any series. There's always going to be disgruntled fans. Do you think people didn't complain about Jordan getting calls and Kobe getting calls.But right now lets look at facts and that is everybody on OKC has disappeared except Westbrook and Durant. You're not going to win a game when you blow a 17 point lead in three minutes and forty seconds. And you're not gunna win when only two people on the team do all the scoring. OKC has to start stepping up as a team if they want any chance of taking this to a game 7.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

i no longer blame the refs, since brooks and co should know what to expect.. brooks has to force these guys to understand that if you have chances to take it out of the refs hands, you have to do it.. push the pace and keep attacking the rim

for example, for as much as brooks loves to play westbrook and fisher together.. it took him til our last game of the season in the playoffs against dallas for him to play westbrook and maynor together

now this time, it took him until game 4 to realize he should be playing collison AND ibaka more mins then perkins in this series.. and why he doesn't try running a zone more even after it worked for for the little bit he used it in game 3 i have no clue.. hell, especially after as much as dallas used it last year

This, Brooks should be roasted for this.

It worked for Boston too.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

because battier and some other players are actually hitting their shot... if lebron or wade drives, the defense collapse, kick the ball out to a shooter... if the shooters get hot, what are you gonna do now?

By the numbers (yeah yeah I know) I believe the Heat did well against zone defenses this season.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Chalmers delivered. He was due. 1-7 in game 2 and 1-8 in game 3. He started horribly this game as well but that and one got him going. The Thunder keep on making boneheaded plays and showing their inexperience, but the haters keep on blaming the refs. Keep on crying rivers.

Durant is an unstoppable scorer, but in order to see why the Thunder are down 3-1 kids need to look at his rebounding numbers this series (and assists) and find out that there is way more to the game of basketball than stereotypical scoring and that you grew up with watching movies and commercials.

48 minutes away from a chip. I am confident that they will play like it's game 7 in two days and give everything they can to win it in Miami and prevent going back to OKC.
A few boneheaded plays vs the refs being on Miami payroll for the whole series. Come on son. Miami can play great defense because they are allowed to be physical while the Thunder get called for phantom fouls most of the series.

It is so obvious who the League wants to win the ring. This is Miami's best and only chance to win it though. Word to the Pistons.

Of course, a Lakers fan complaining about the refs, what's new? Think about it. If Miami doesn't win the championship, everytime Lebron gets there, people would tune in to see whether or not Lebron can get that monkey off his back. Why would the NBA give the most despised team in the NBA the championship? Who's tuning in after Lebron gets his first one? I'm also amused by Lakers fans on my Twitter timeline complaining about bandwagon Heat fans. As if they're not themselves bandwagon OKC fans rooting against Lebron. Its so despicable that some Lakers fans were rooting For the Celtics last series. What part of the game is that? A lot of Lakers fans are silly. It was silly when TMac was on par with Kobe back in the day and Lakers fans hated on him then, and now that Bron been the new top dog, they're hating again. So defensive.
laugh.gif
Go Bron

Maybe one day the Rockets will have bandwagon fans.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

because battier and some other players are actually hitting their shot... if lebron or wade drives, the defense collapse, kick the ball out to a shooter... if the shooters get hot, what are you gonna do now?
+@+# man they already hot, I have lost count on how many WIDE OPEN threes the Heat have shot in this series hell how can it get worse?

Back
Top Bottom