**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

what if meek catches drake in da streets and makes him piss his pants and then pees on him while he does that stolen song dance for da gram?
wtf made you think of that...like, thats a little uncomfortable to read. Like Fr tho fam, why you thinking bout n*ggaz pissing on themselves and others? You seem a little too curious b
smokin.gif

wtf made you think of that...like, thats a little uncomfortable to read. Like Fr tho fam, why you thinking bout n*ggaz pissing on themselves and others? You seem a little too curious b:smokin

you aint trynna see if champagne can live up to his name papi?

meek brought it up, would be lulz to see everything come back full circle.

i know drake isnt a tough guy but i think if they fought in a ring with gloves, meek would take another L

Meek can save his rep if he beats drakes ***. Let everyone know he's a real one

People would then say he was picking on Drake and that everyone knows Drake isn't a thug.

i know drake isnt a tough guy but i think if they fought in a ring with gloves, meek would take another L

Like the kid who takes karate classes from getting beat up. I could see that.

6 years and runnin the guy has remained in the driver seat. Has that ever been done foreal?

Me and a 40 something and 20 something were havin a convo and we concluded in the HISTORY of hip-hop there's only been 2 rappers to dominate while possessing absolutely NO swag whatsoever.
Drake and Em.

Drake has the swag of boiled carrots and celery. I've seen him with my own two eyes simpin. Tryin get get up on NuNu Nellz at NOME5. On some G ****, he clearly has self esteem issues. Yes worth what 30-40 mill and here he is on a ***** that live in Linden Plaza. All over her and STILL didn't take her home. I spoke to her briefly afterwards and she laughed at homie.

As far as Meek. If y'all have ever been on the streets or prison or even the armed forces, these guys that are out here doin wild **** are extremely emotionally unstable. Some of the most street dudes spend their days 4 or 5 mins from an emotional meltdown. Just so happens Meek got rich, and is on social media. Ns in prison was Damn near gettin killed over a few Ramen noodles. People in the hood get killed over a glare so Meek being mad about an interview or a missed tweet isn't too far off in reality.

I agree, but I think Em is different in that he has a built in fanbase.

I think one day rap will change and what Drake is doing won't be the cool thing to do anymore. He's sort of boxed himself in.

Meek can save his rep if he beats drakes ***. Let everyone know he's a real one

People would then say he was picking on Drake and that everyone knows Drake isn't a thug.

Like the kid who takes karate classes from getting beat up. I could see that.

6 years and runnin the guy has remained in the driver seat. Has that ever been done foreal?

Me and a 40 something and 20 something were havin a convo and we concluded in the HISTORY of hip-hop there's only been 2 rappers to dominate while possessing absolutely NO swag whatsoever.
Drake and Em.

Drake has the swag of boiled carrots and celery. I've seen him with my own two eyes simpin. Tryin get get up on NuNu Nellz at NOME5. On some G ****, he clearly has self esteem issues. Yes worth what 30-40 mill and here he is on a ***** that live in Linden Plaza. All over her and STILL didn't take her home. I spoke to her briefly afterwards and she laughed at homie.

As far as Meek. If y'all have ever been on the streets or prison or even the armed forces, these guys that are out here doin wild **** are extremely emotionally unstable. Some of the most street dudes spend their days 4 or 5 mins from an emotional meltdown. Just so happens Meek got rich, and is on social media. Ns in prison was Damn near gettin killed over a few Ramen noodles. People in the hood get killed over a glare so Meek being mad about an interview or a missed tweet isn't too far off in reality.

I think one day rap will change and what Drake is doing won't be the cool thing to do anymore. He's sort of boxed himself in.
Unless he continues to put out great music
And if he ever drops a classic which I doubt
For some reason he seems to want to have longevity and relevancy
But he doesn't seem to concerned with dropping a classic
I think he actually could if he tried

Some of you vats make no sense. He wants longevity but doesn't want to drop a classic. Man what? Is it possible that son's talent is limited that he can't? Why would an artist CHOOSE not to drop a timeless piece. Seriously?

EM>>>>>DRAKE

IMO

Obviously

And Take Care is a classic IMO... I personally can listen to everything on that album.. But to each his own.

Drake is a vulture tho and I've been felt that way about him.. I feel like he tries to co sign dudes that honestly don't need it. Like I think the weeknd was gonna blow regardless...

Last edited:
All of them duds he cosigned was on their way. He waits til songs have steam and they have a following already or internet presence. Dudes be having 20 pg threads on nt. He just introduces them to the white fan base that won't buy any of their material but claim he put them on etc. Like the kanye and keef thing. It also keeps an artist relevant too. Let's him play around with a lot of different sounds with no risk really.

Drake has a well established fan base. Did you see the Michael Jackson-like stampede at Howard when he showed up? His fan base has much more range than Eminem because he has black women on all levels, from college to the hood. White girls from Taylor Swift fans to the chubby ones that wear Jordan's and only date black dudes. Ns had his album in prison, all the way to his NT fans.

As I said before, he has a Pac-like range when it comes to the demographic of his fans. Ns in the hood aren't waiting for a new Em album. His music isn't being played out of cars or windows in my neighborhood. Drake's is.

He has established a strong base, more so than rappers like Nelly had. The issue with him was he sold about 40% of his music to people who never consumed hip-hop ever again so from 2000-04 you see him lose millions in sales.

I don't think he's box himself in, he made "Best I Ever Had"/"Successful"/"Uptown" 6 years ago, all hits, this year he has hits in "Back To Back"/"Hotline Bling" these are different records creatively and sonically.

All of them duds he cosigned was on their way. He waits til songs have steam and they have a following already or internet presence. Dudes be having 20 pg threads on nt. He just introduces them to the white fan base that won't buy any of their material but claim he put them on etc. Like the kanye and keef thing. It also keeps an artist relevant too. Let's him play around with a lot of different sounds with no risk really.

Exactly... The "Drake co sign" is just him hoping on in my eyes.

Yeah, they've already had success on urban radio, but he takes them to the pop side.

Drake has a well established fan base. Did you see the Michael Jackson-like stampede at Howard when he showed up? His fan base has much more range than Eminem because he has black women on all levels, from college to the hood. White girls from Taylor Swift fans to the chubby ones that wear Jordan's and only date black dudes. Ns had his album in prison, all the way to his NT fans.

As I said before, he has a Pac-like range when it comes to the demographic of his fans. Ns in the hood aren't waiting for a new Em album. His music isn't being played out of cars or windows in my neighborhood. Drake's is.

He has established a strong base, more so than rappers like Nelly had. The issue with him was he sold about 40% of his music to people who never consumed hip-hop ever again so from 2000-04 you see him lose millions in sales.

I don't think he's box himself in, he made "Best I Ever Had"/"Successful"/"Uptown" 6 years ago, all hits, this year he has hits in "Back To Back"/"Hotline Bling" these are different records creatively and sonically.

Totally different. He has 16-22 year olds that as quickly move on to the next hot act.

Em represented the majority that wasn't really being represented in hip hop. He gave them a voice and he was talented.

Two totally different situations.

Drake has boxed himself in with that singing and simping. That wave will one day be over. I think it's mainly because todays R&B doesn't encompass sensitivity.

Drake not boxed into anything, Drake isn't just a wave, he's been doing this for how long now? He's got it mastered. I really wish people would stop comparing things. We live in a different world than the eminem age. 

Drake not boxed into anything, Drake isn't just a wave, he's been doing this for how long now? He's got it mastered. I really wish people would stop comparing things. We live in a different world than the eminem age. 

You haven't been listening to rap for 30 years have you?

History repeats itself... At one time I thought Nelly would be on top forever

These young kids live in the right now.

Who would have thought 50 Cent/G-Unit would be so cold musically and Rick Ross would be more relevant?

Hell, look at Wayne.

They don't realize that wile a artist has a longer lifespan today there's also a period where they lose their popularity.

History repeats itself... At one time I thought Nelly would be on top forever
I knew Nelly was a flash in the pan.
I thought Drake was but he's STILL here, 6 years later. Who has had a run like this? Going over half a decade and getting bigger damn near with each project? He's already in a VERY elite group.
Totally different. He has 16-22 year olds that as quickly move on to the next hot act.

Em represented the majority that wasn't really being represented in hip hop. He gave them a voice and he was talented.

Two totally different situations.

Drake has boxed himself in with that singing and simping. That wave will one day be over. I think it's mainly because todays R&B doesn't encompass sensitivity.
And Drake doesn't represent the majority now? The people buying music are women, that's who he represents. And like Pac said, make music for the ******* and Ns will follow.

His fans have not moved on. If they're 16 that would have made them 10 when he first made his national debut. If there 22 they were 16. It's women my age, from my demographic that LOVE Drake. Some women older than me as well. Drake isn't going anywhere. He's dominating a swag oriented genre with absolutely no swag whatsoever.

Em sells because he's white. He could make the same music, same themes if he was black he'd be barley gold. He has 2 good albums in the past 13 years, out of the millions of black rappers Jay-Z is the only one that's in that arena of barley delivering while remaining successful sales wise. And his music is MUCH better.

How old are you?

So you think calling someone corny is the same as questioning someones character as a man? And you're talking about you and Meek are supposed to be from the same place? But you don't see the problems with that?
laugh.gif

You mean like how Drake stole the Puff song and then put it out. And got smacked up for it
laugh.gif
36. Yes, it's a personality trait. Meek and I have almost similar backgrounds.

Allegations that he got smacked for the song...I read it was for something completely different.

Can't remember if Drake or Diddy said, that Diddy was holding onto the song for a year and did nothing with it. Drake, went ahead and used it.  They both had the instrumentals.

36. Yes, it's a personality trait. Meek and I have almost similar backgrounds.

Allegations that he got smacked for the song...I read it was for something completely different.
Can't remember if Drake or Diddy said, that Diddy was holding onto the song for a year and did nothing with it. Drake, went ahead and used it.  They both had the instrumentals.

He gave 0 to 100 to Drake to write to it. Drake "wrote" to it for himself and put it out. That's why Puff confronted him.

I knew Nelly was a flash in the pan.
I thought Drake was but he's STILL here, 6 years later. Who has had a run like this? Going over half a decade and getting bigger damn near with each project? He's already in a VERY elite group.
And Drake doesn't represent the majority now? The people buying music are women, that's who he represents. And like Pac said, make music for the ******* and Ns will follow.

His fans have not moved on. If they're 16 that would have made them 10 when he first made his national debut. If there 22 they were 16. It's women my age, from my demographic that LOVE Drake. Some women older than me as well. Drake isn't going anywhere. He's dominating a swag oriented genre with absolutely no swag whatsoever.

Em sells because he's white. He could make the same music, same themes if he was black he'd be barley gold. He has 2 good albums in the past 13 years, out of the millions of black rappers Jay-Z is the only one that's in that arena of barley delivering while remaining successful sales wise. And his music is MUCH better.

Keep thinking that.

His fans haven't moved on YET

Last edited:
He gave 0 to 100 to Drake to write to it.

Yup, Drake was supposed to ghost write it for Puff. Honestly, I can't imagine Puff rapping those bars over that beat, so good move by Drake :lol: . He shoulda asked for clearance though. After their little "confrontation" I heard Drake ante'd up the dough for the song. Can't blame Puff for being heated, don't just jack my ish.

Back
Top Bottom