Official Madden NFL 25 Thread: In Stores Nov. 12th (PS4) & Nov. 19th (XB1)

Which Version of Madden 25 do you plan to buy?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

• Xbox One

• PS4

• None

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chemistry in Madden Ultimate Team
By EA SPORTS Jul 12, 2013

madden-ultimate-team-chemistry-header_656x369.jpg

If you really want your Ultimate Team in Madden NFL 25 to be, well, Ultimate, you have to manage team chemistry. Chemistry is a system of boosts that offer certain attributes for all players on your team.

madden-ultimate-team-chemistry-1.jpg
madden-ultimate-team-chemistry-2.jpg

Players that provide chemistry have a special hex icon on the front of their player items to see how much of a boost your player provides. Team chemistry ranges from 0-99, and as you add more and more to your team, the attribute boosts get bigger and bigger. Tiers, position, and chemistry types determine how much chemistry a player provides. For example, every gold tier left end player with Pass Rush provides the same chemistry boost.

Only starters and players in their proper positions will give you a chemistry boost. If a Ground and Pound left tackle is playing out of position at right tackle, you won’t receive anything from his chemistry. The chemistry icons of substitute players are highlighted when they match your team chemistry. 

madden-ultimate-team-chemistry-3.jpg

Upon unlocking your starter team, your captain provides some starting chemistry, which can be selected in the starting lineup. You can review your rating in team chemistry by selecting that tile on the lineup panel. Scroll left and right to see your totals in all the different chemistries. 

JUST THE FACTS

There are four kinds of team chemistry for both offense and defense: Here’s a list of the team chemistry choices, along with the attributes they boost.

OFFENSE

• Short Pass – PBLK Pass Blocking and CINT Catch in Traffic
• Long Pass – PBLK Pass Blocking and RRUN Route Running
• Ground and Pound – RBLK Run Blocking and TRCK Trucking
• Speed Run – RBLK Run Blocking and ELUS Elusiveness

DEFENSE
• Zone Defense – PREC Play Recognition and ZCOV Zone Coverage
• Man Defense – PREC Play Recognition and MCOV Man Coverage
• Pass Rush – BSHD Block Shedding and PUR Pursuit
• Run Stuff – BSHD Block Shedding and TCKL Tackling

DOUBLE YOUR FUN

Your team begins with one available chemistry slot, and you can choose any of the eight available types. When your OVR gets to 85, you’ll receive a second slot, allowing you to experiment with different combinations of chemistry. You’ll want to maximize the chemistries that complement your play style.

Looking to get a leg up on chemistry? Be sure to utilize the chemistry combinations like Long Pass and Short Pass, which result in a double boost to your pass blocking. Your three choices for chemistry combinations are as follows:

• Two offense or two defense that share an attribute, such as Pass Rush and Run Stuff
• Two offense or two defense that don’t share an attribute, such as Long Pass and Speed Run
• One offense and one defense, such as Ground and Pound and Zone Defense

madden-ultimate-team-chemistry-4.jpg

FIND A COACH WITH CHEMISTRY

The Preseason solo challenges are easier matchups that provide a coach item that has additional chemistry. Search through the list of games to find the chemistry you’re looking for. For example, if you want Pass Rush chemistry, check out the St. Louis Rams’ game against the Browns. 

GET SOME LEGENDARY CHEMISTRY

The legendary solo challenges and collections provide a path to an elite player item that has chemistry. Win one of the legendary solo challenges to earn a collectible. Find the legendary player that matches that collectible in packs, and then proceed to the legendary collection to upgrade your player to a version with chemistry. The collection description tells you what kind of chemistry your elite legendary player will have.

EIGHT KINDS OF ELITE CHEMISTRY

In addition to providing important boosts for your players, chemistry is a requirement for the Elite series of solo challenges. For example, the first challenge in the sequence requires Run Stuff chemistry.

One tip: Make several lineups to help fulfill the various chemistry requirements of these challenges. The rewards are well worth your trouble, and you’ll learn a lot about how to maximize your team chemistry.

Madden NFL 25 will be available on Tuesday, August 27, for Xbox 360 and PS3, and fans can learn more at the Madden website. Pre-order today to receive exclusive Franchise Packs  for your Connected Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team!

Fans are also invited to become a Madden Insider  for exclusive information on Facebook including the latest news, original content and more for Madden NFL 25.

Last edited:
Madden NFL 25 Achievements
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]

There are 41 achievements with a total of 1000 points.

[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sort:[/td][td] [/td][td]   [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]On The Ball[/td][td]15
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Enter the no huddle offense using the Kinect Sensor (no SuperSim, OTP, or Co-Op).[/td][td] (2)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Going For Gold[/td][td]15
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Earn gold from a drill inside the Skills Trainer.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]QB Camp[/td][td]30
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]100% completion of all passing drills inside the Skills Trainer (All gold medals).[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Stick Skills[/td][td]30
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]100% completion of all rushing drills inside the Skills Trainer (All gold medals).[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Defense Wins Championships[/td][td]30
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]100% completion of all defensive drills inside the Skills Trainer (All gold medals)[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Knowledge is Power[/td][td]30
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]100% completion of all pre-play drills inside the Skills Trainer (All gold medals).[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Happy 25th Madden[/td][td]25
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Score 25+ points in one game and celebrate 25 years of Madden Football. (no SuperSim, OTP, or Co-Op)[/td][td] (2)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Verizon MVP[/td][td]25
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Combine for 75 points total, with your opponent (no SuperSim, OTP, or Co-Op).[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The New Breed[/td][td]25
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Score a rushing and passing TD with a QB in a single game (no SuperSim, OTP, or Co-Op).[/td][td] (1)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]College Influence[/td][td]25
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Score a TD on an option play (no SuperSim, OTP, Skill Trainer, Practice, or Co-Op).[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Unstoppable[/td][td]25
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Truck a defender during a run (no SuperSim, OTP, Skill Trainer, Practice, or Co-Op).[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Arms Length Away[/td][td]25
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Stiff arm a defender during a single run (no SuperSim, Skill Trainer, OTP, Practice, or Co-Op).[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Giver[/td][td]10
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Post a piece of content to Madden Share.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Taker[/td][td]10
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Download a piece of content from Madden Share.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Quality Gift[/td][td]20
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Download 3 pieces of content from Madden Share.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Feedback[/td][td]10
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rate a piece of content you've downloaded from Madden Share.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Get Your Feet Wet[/td][td]20
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Complete an online ranked head to head game.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Only Seventeen[/td][td]10
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Score 17+ total points in online ranked head to head games.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Nice Round Number[/td][td]20
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Score 34+ total points in online ranked head to head games.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Beginning the Journey[/td][td]10
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win a MUT Seasons game.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Playoffs?![/td][td]15
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Make the playoffs in Ultimate Team Seasons.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Well Rested[/td][td]20
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Earn a first round bye in Ultimate Team Seasons.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Complete the Journey[/td][td]35
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win a MUT Seasons Super Bowl.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Mr. Suitcase[/td][td]20
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Complete a MUT collection.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]You Know the Business[/td][td]25
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Build a MUT team with a team chemistry of 30.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Really Clicking[/td][td]35
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Build a MUT team with a team chemistry of 70.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Completely Gelled[/td][td]50
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Build a MUT team with two team chemistry ratings at 60.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Mogul[/td][td]15
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win a MUT auction.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Flying Solo[/td][td]20
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win a MUT Solo Challenge.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]This One is Hard 3.0[/td][td]50
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Build an 85 rated MUT team.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]It's Still Easy[/td][td]5
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Create a MUT team.[/td][td] (3)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Blaine Gabbert Legacy Award[/td][td]10
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Using a created player, coach, or owner - surpass a legacy score of 2.[/td][td] (1)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Ron Rivera Legacy Award[/td][td]15
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Using a created player, coach, or owner - surpass a legacy score of 575.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]James Laurinaitis Legacy Award[/td][td]15
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Using a created player, coach, or owner - surpass a legacy score of 565.[/td][td] (1)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Cortland Finnegan Legacy Award[/td][td]15
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Using a created player, coach, or owner - surpass a legacy score of 2200.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Jermichael Finley Legacy Award[/td][td]20
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Using a created player, coach, or owner - surpass a legacy score of 750.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Matt Forte Legacy Award[/td][td]20
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Using a created player, coach, or owner - surpass a legacy score of 500.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Marvin Lewis Legacy Award[/td][td]25
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Using a created player, coach, or owner - surpass a legacy score of 1250.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Drew Brees Legacy Award[/td][td]30
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Using a created player, coach, or owner - surpass a legacy score of 9000.[/td][td] (1)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]John Elway Legacy Award[/td][td]50
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Using a created player, coach, or owner - surpass a legacy score of 13,950.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Walter Payton Legacy Award[/td][td]100
gp-g.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Using a created player, coach, or owner - surpass a legacy score of 15,450.[/td][td] (5)[/td][/tr][/table]

anybody pre order from amazon yet?

i preordered a while ago, got the anniversary edition with the NFL Sunday Ticket, still on the fence about whether or not I even want this game though. Seems like the past few years have been too easy when playing against the computer, even with sliders all the way up.

you buy Madden to play against the computer? people still do that?

I thought it was all about playing online.

was for me.

This is the first year I'm not excited for the game...perhaps I'm getting old.

I still play against the computer. I usually play just as an escape, for fun. I do not like playing online but prefer face to face when playing others in Madden.

was for me.

yeah I've always been someone that got madden and immediately started a fantasy draft season with my roommates during college. I do the same thing now with a couple of my good friend through the online connected careers. With madden 2013 i mostly found myself playing connected careers

Last time I played a full season of Madden franchise had to be when the superstar feature first came out. Igetso bored playing the CPU. I get more satisfaction playing humans.

Last time I played a full season of Madden franchise had to be when the superstar feature first came out. Igetso bored playing the CPU. I get more satisfaction playing humans.

I didn't forget bout that L you gave me last time.

There's still a community of players that play franchise against the CPU. Especially with a good set of sliders, you get a nice challenge trying to bring a team to the playoffs every year. When you include your draft class from NCAA, it adds that much more depth.

I'll say that I usually only get through 3-4 full seasons though before I move on from it though. That's when I'll switch teams or check out the other modes.

You and the other guys in that league made me step my game up, lol.. I beat some dude 70-10 this past weekend.

Looking forward to this year's league. I hope you got that PS4 preordered.

was for me.

:lol: I don't get it either. I've been out of the game for awhile though, but thinking about getting this. Strictly online though. I don't understand what people get by playing against the computer. To each his own though.

I'm disappointed the PS3 CC league I was in here didn't make it past the 1st season. I made one for my friends with over 20 of us and we stopped at season 7. Definitely a lot of fun if done right but the games vs the CPU were for stats(60+ on the CPU every game even after I changed the sliders) and easy Ws.

I'm trying to play Madden 13 for the first time and the updated roster is not updated? All the trades and stuff, do they no longer make those updates during the offseason so you'll have to get the new game?

You and the other guys in that league made me step my game up, lol.. I beat some dude 70-10 this past weekend.

Looking forward to this year's league. I hope you got that PS4 preordered.

u guys are fighting for second place tho :rolleyes

I'm disappointed the PS3 CC league I was in here didn't make it past the 1st season. I made one for my friends with over 20 of us and we stopped at season 7. Definitely a lot of fun if done right but the games vs the CPU were for stats(60+ on the CPU every game even after I changed the sliders) and easy Ws.

Yea, both leagues had potential. I remember the commish sending me a text message with 31 other numbers for the owners of the teams. We didnt even make it to week 1. :smh:

Looking forward to this year's league. I hope you got that PS4 preordered

u guys are fighting for second place tho :rolleyes

I'll be back on this weekend. :lol:

I'm trying to play Madden 13 for the first time and the updated roster is not updated? All the trades and stuff, do they no longer make those updates during the offseason so you'll have to get the new game?

They stopped updating a few months ago I think. Gotta wait til the next game. I wonder if they'll update 13 tho cause I'm not getting madden until the PS4 drops.

Ya'll really waiting on the PS4 to drop to play? WTF is so good about the PS4 anyway? Graphics?

Anyway, as far as Madden goes I just want them to bring live weather back. I used to love playing in the same weather as outside my window. Why the hell would they remove that feature? 

Setting it to live weather while its snowing and playing a live game is the best.

Ya'll really waiting on the PS4 to drop to play? WTF is so good about the PS4 anyway? Graphics?

Anyway, as far as Madden goes I just want them to bring live weather back. I used to love playing in the same weather as outside my window. Why the hell would they remove that feature? 

Setting it to live weather while its snowing and playing a live game is the best.

:nerd: when the hell did live weather happen? i definitely forgot about that.

I'm waiting for the PS4 because I dont wanna waste money copping PS3 then PS4.

Also..

List of players with "Clutch" trait in Madden 25:
  • CB Darrelle Revis (TB)
  • CB Champ Bailey (DEN)
  • FS Eric Weddle (SD)
  • FS Ed Reed (HOU)
  • FS Charles Woodson (OAK)
  • HB Marshawn Lynch (SEA)
  • HB Ray Rice (BAL)
  • HB Frank Gore (SF)
  • HB Maurice Jones-Drew (JAX)
  • K Rob Bironas (TEN)