Official Madden NFL 25 Thread: In Stores Nov. 12th (PS4) & Nov. 19th (XB1)

Which Version of Madden 25 do you plan to buy?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

• Xbox One

• PS4

• None

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Audible and Hot Route Improvements in Madden
By EA SPORTS Aug 8, 2013

positional-audibles-hot-routes-header_656x369.jpg

Madden NFL 25 has taken a giant leap forward on offense by making major improvements to the audible and hot route system. These changes reflect the realistic, on-the-fly adjustments made in an NFL game. Whether a seasoned veteran like Peyton Manning or an up-and-coming star like Robert Griffin III, wholesale changes to a play have restrictions and requirements that allow your personnel to be successful.

position-audibles-hot-routes-1.jpg

NEW AUDIBLE SYSTEM

Gone are the days of the five preset audibles available before jumping into a game. Now each formation has four formation set audibles that allow you to scroll through your on-field personnel. These new audibles can be customized through the in-game playbook menu or when creating a custom playbook.

position-audibles-hot-routes-2.jpg

Also new to Madden NFL 25’s audible system is the ability to change formations at the line of scrimmage. However, you can only change to another formation with the same personnel grouping. When changing to a new formation, you now have access to four new set audibles. Bring up the audible screen by pressing X on Xbox 360 and Square on PS3, then cycle through the available formations with the left stick (LS). To select a new play and formation, simply press the corresponding button for the new play that is displayed by name in the menu.

position-audibles-hot-routes-3.jpg

POSITION SPECIFIC HOT ROUTES

position-audibles-hot-routes-4.jpg

New hot routes in Madden NFL 25 are accessible by choosing different positions to send on a new route. These new routes are based on formation and positions. For example, the outside receiver can now run a comeback route, smoke screen, or no pass block.

position-audibles-hot-routes-5.jpg

Here is the full list of new hot routes in Madden NFL 25:

Outside WR

Smoke Screen
Comeback
No Pass Block

Slot WR

Hitch
Flat
No Pass Block

TE
Flat
Pass Block

HB/FB

Option
Wheel
Swing Right/Left
Block and Release

position-audibles-hot-routes-6.jpg

Become a strategic genius in Madden NFL 25 by reading the defensive coverage, then changing to a new set or play like the great Peyton Manning.

Playing in a Connected Franchise as a NFL player has never been more dynamic. Choose your path to success and have a lot of fun doing it along the way.

Position Changes in Madden NFL 25
By EA SPORTS Aug 9, 2013

position-changes-tebow-header_656x369.jpg

One of the most requested fan features is back for Madden NFL 25 in position changes. Want to make the hypothetical a reality and turn Tim Tebow into your team’s starting TE? Go for it! How about moving Ryan Tannehill to WR or Josh Cribbs to QB like they played in college? Now you can.

position-changes-tebow-1.jpg

With Madden NFL 25, you can make position changes at any point in the offseason of your Connected Franchise. You can also make all position changes on your roster and then bring that custom roster into the beginning of your Connected Franchise.

position-changes-tebow-2.jpg

Players will also see their ratings accurately reflect their position change based on the realistic difficulty curve of changing positions in the NFL. If for example you want to move Tebow from QB to TE, he will receive an awareness penalty to reflect such a drastic and difficult position change. If however, you are a little deeper at Right Guard, you can opt to move one to Center with no ratings penalty.

position-changes-tebow-3.jpg

Commissioners in Franchise mode can limit which positions can move where. However, commissioners can import a roster file when starting their Connected Franchise that includes any position changes.

position-changes-tebow-4.jpg

Position changes are just one of the many things you can edit about a player in Madden NFL 25

position-changes-tebow-5.jpg

Celebrate the 25th anniversary of Madden NFL by pre-ordering Madden NFL 25 today to receive exclusive Franchise Packs  for your Connected Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team!

Just pre-ordered my copy at Best Buy for that Cowboys Pack! Of course it's the same thing every year, all we are doing is paying for the roster up-dates.

Demo is available now for the 360, later today for the PS3.

Demo is available now for the PS3.

It's under new demos in the PS Store.

essentially the same game as last year...but of course we knew that. Why do they feel the need to switch the pre play menu every single year (audibles, etc)? During my first game, all of my players except my QB disappeared during a drive in the 3rd Qtr.

Injuries everywhere, players disappearing, and way too many in game options.

The cheese is going to be insane this year :smh:

Running is definitely improved which is a plus since you won't trip over your lineman's shoelace anymore but the rest is really more of the same which is disappointing.

Camera is way too high up pre-snap too which is very annoying and bothersome :smh:

Last edited:
the camera view
mean.gif
Not a fan of the new camera at all.
mean.gif

Feels like I'm playing from the nosebleeds.

The fact that you can't change it makes it hard to get into the game.

Haven't had much time playing the demo, that said it hasn't swayed my decision to skip the current gen Madden and pick it up for the PS4.

I think the ps2 days were the last to do it but players with tattoos?! C'mon atleast get that right this year ea...my boy kaepernick playing with bare arms :smh: just the lil details man!

Back
Top Bottom