Official Madden NFL 25 Thread: In Stores Nov. 12th (PS4) & Nov. 19th (XB1)

Which Version of Madden 25 do you plan to buy?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

• Xbox One

• PS4

• None

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Nothing is saving. Favorite team isn't. Settings aren't. The online roster isn't. Nothing!

I change everything and even manually save it and on the next restart, it's back to square one.

What sucks is that I have to download the roster before every online game.

[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]Madden NFL 25 Living Worlds Overview[/h2]
By EA SPORTS Nov 7, 2013

M25Blog_LivingCrowds_656x369.jpg

Patrick Bellanca is an associate designer for Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One, and a central piece of the team that has made Living Worlds a reality on Gen 4 consoles.

This article also includes insights from Madden NFL 25 development director Sean Graddy.

ON THE “WOW” MOMENTS IN GEN 4
When you see a long TD, breakaway run or pick six in an NFL game, the moment sounds big. As the crowd follows the action and swells with anticipation, you can tell something is about to happen. The best moments in Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will include this “WOW” factor to make the game seem more real than ever before.

For the first time, fans will stand in anticipation of a big play and thanks to subtle delays between various sections in the crowd, different groups of fans will react to big plays at different times. Seeing the crowd swell as a deep ball inches closer to Calvin Johnson’s outstretched arms? That’s a WOW moment, and Madden NFL 25 is full of them on next-gen consoles.

ON THE CROWDS
“These are by far our best crowds ever in a football title,” said Madden NFL 25 development director Sean Graddy. “They’re true 3D renders instead of the player cards of old.” The next-gen version of Madden NFL 25 features uniquely modeled and dresses crowd characters made up of fans of both teams. The crowds will showcase true emotion, ranging from positive and celebrating to negative and angry. In all, there are more than a hundred contextually accurate emotional and behavioral responses.

ON THE SIDELINES
No sideline is complete without the head coach. In Madden NFL 25 on Gen 4, head coaches are always present on the sidelines, and react to the action by tracking the ball and avoiding ball carriers that roll to the sidelines. Ball carriers will interact with sideline characters differently if they are a part of their team or the opposition. A sideline of teammates encourages ball carriers, while drifting into enemy territory will be a little rougher.

In all, the next-gen version of Madden NFL 25 includes populated player boxes with the Head Coach, players, assistant coaches, trainers and team staff. There are hundreds of characters surrounded the field with heightened awareness and the ability to react and avoid incoming players.

There are also five trainers and nine assistant coaches on sidelines, and these characters have more than 300 animations Look for sideline characters to move up and down the player box as the line of scrimmage moves down the field.

ON THE MEDIA

Players and coaches aren’t the only folks occupying NFL sidelines on gameday, and they won’t be in Madden 25. Outside the player boxes are 75 media characters surrounding the field at various locations. Broadcast videographers, Steadicam operators, monopod photographers, handheld DSLR

photographers, and audio dish operators are all visible on Gen 4 sidelines, just like their real-life counterparts. These characters will also swap formations based on the line of scrimmage, and include more than 100 animations including emotions and avoidance.

[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]Madden NFL 25 Intelligent Commentary[/h2]
By EA SPORTS Nov 6, 2013

M25Blog_IntelligentCommentary_656x369.jpg

Mike Young and Kolbe Lanchbaugh are the creative directors of Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, and central pieces to the team that has made Living Worlds a reality on Gen 4 consoles.

This article also includes insights and anecdotes from Madden NFL 25 development director Sean Graddy.

ON THE IMPACT OF EA SPORTS IGNITE
Because of the additional memory and processing power on Gen 4 consoles, we can bring more data into the game that tells a richer, deeper story about players, their team, and their career than we’ve ever been able to tell in years.

ON IMPROVEMENTS TO COMMENTARY
One common complaint our fans have had is that our commentary always struggles to remember things in career mode. Madden NFL 25 on Gen 4 will have deeper commentary with a better knowledge of previous games. Jim Nantz, Phil Simms, and sideline reporter Danielle Bellini can tell a more interesting story by referencing key injuries and week-to-week storylines.

ON HOW COMMENTARY IMPROVES FRANCHISE MODE
In previous Madden games, seasons would often feel like a series of 16 one-off games instead of a living, breathing narrative that changes by the week. That will change in Madden NFL 25 on next gen systems. If your player is coming off an Offensive Player of the Week award, the announcers may comment on that.

I dont give a damn about this extra commentary stuff fix the safeties and corners in Next Gen. I swear they play like idiots.

The Defense is **** in Madden. Can't wait till NFL2K can compete and Madden gets off their lazy *****

I swear i was just reading about people complaining about the safeties and cornerbacks being to "super human". Now im reading that they are idiots. Im confused

I really think its either the teams they're playing with or they're picking the wrong plays in certain situations. :lol:

Ok I'll give an example...

My friend has the eagles, therefore he has the fastest WR in the game.

I'm not trying to do anything fancy, just want to keep Jackson from going Deep. So I pick something simple like Cover 2 man.

He's lined up in a 3 wide set. Jackson is on the outside. With a WR in the slot. The WR in the slot does a slant. That Saftey should already know that Jackson is now the priority. Jackson still gets a 50 yard catch because the Saftey was late.

Then you ask why am I not on the Saftey? And the answer is I'm probably on the linebacker trying to prevent the slant. Or on the line trying to get some pressure seeing as how Even Lawrence Taylor can't get pressure by himself on Madden 25.

Is this my fault? Am I supposed to be able to play 3 positions at one time? Blitzing is out of the question because you CANT leave Jackson one on one with ANYBODY. Or am I supposed to play Saftey myself and let the rest of my team get Burned up?

You expert madden players please explain my options in this situation. Seriously.

In that case I see what you mean. I guess I never looked at it as a Madden problem and more of an issue on my end. But yes, in that case I do agree with you because I've gotten burned by him before.

Here's a few things I've been trying and its a risk that sometimes work:

Lets say the its the 3 wide set you mentioned. I will sometimes double team jackson with the CB and S on his side. I notice that the defensive players will automatically sandwich the receiver. Just in case I may put the DE on that side in a yellow zone in case the slot receiver does a slant.

or

I will press the receivers then hit triangle twice. The CB won't move and your opponent might still think you're going to pass and try to get the pass off early. That sometimes causes a pick.

or

Shade the outside of the receiver or inside depending on the routes he's running.

Try those out in practice mode and see how it works.

Ok I'll give an example...

My friend has the eagles, therefore he has the fastest WR in the game.

I'm not trying to do anything fancy, just want to keep Jackson from going Deep. So I pick something simple like Cover 2 man.

He's lined up in a 3 wide set. Jackson is on the outside. With a WR in the slot. The WR in the slot does a slant. That Saftey should already know that Jackson is now the priority. Jackson still gets a 50 yard catch because the Saftey was late.

Then you ask why am I not on the Saftey? And the answer is I'm probably on the linebacker trying to prevent the slant. Or on the line trying to get some pressure seeing as how Even Lawrence Taylor can't get pressure by himself on Madden 25.

Is this my fault? Am I supposed to be able to play 3 positions at one time? Blitzing is out of the question because you CANT leave Jackson one on one with ANYBODY. Or am I supposed to play Saftey myself and let the rest of my team get Burned up?

You expert madden players please explain my options in this situation. Seriously.

Do the cover 2 sink, make the linebackers zone middle of the field, take the corner back thats blitzing and user defend Jackson on the fly route. I blitz in certain situations but for the most part i play pretty conservative on pass D by having most of my guys defending the WR's which is why alot of times i take DB's that will be blitzing and roam around as the user. I rely on the other person to make mistakes passing more than i do trying to sack them.

Last edited:
In that case I see what you mean. I guess I never looked at it as a Madden problem and more of an issue on my end. But yes, in that case I do agree with you because I've gotten burned by him before.

Here's a few things I've been trying and its a risk that sometimes work:

Lets say the its the 3 wide set you mentioned. I will sometimes double team jackson with the CB and S on his side. I notice that the defensive players will automatically sandwich the receiver. Just in case I may put the DE on that side in a yellow zone in case the slot receiver does a slant.

or

I will press the receivers then hit triangle twice. The CB won't move and your opponent might still think you're going to pass and try to get the pass off early. That sometimes causes a pick.

or

Shade the outside of the receiver or inside depending on the routes he's running.

Try those out in practice mode and see how it works.
Simple. Shade the receiver. AND PLAY SAFETY. That's your biggest threat.

^^^^^

Exactly what he said. I user a lot of things because the computer does not respond quick enough.
I would always play safety in your situation. I'm shading all the receivers to the inside and TE to the outside.

I suggest playing with darrell revis :lol: When I play online sometimes I will run a cover 3 man and line up like im going to blitz. Damn near everytime the other person will audible for the right side outside receiver to go deep. Interception 4/5 times. I picked a dude off like 6 times one game and he still fell for it :rofl:

Ok bet. The double team sounds like the best option.

But trust me I used to love madden. And honestly it's been some years where it seemed they were taking steps in the right direction. And then the next year they take 2 steps back. I kinda understand it because you can kinda see they are trying to make it as realistic as possible but it just doesn't come out right.

I'm huge on defense. I usually play with Baltimore. I've been playing with them for years. So having Boller for them years I basically developed a mean Run game and shut down Defense. Never really had to worry about Safties because I could put ED reed single High and he would take care of the rest. :lol: giving me the option to pay attention to other things.

But now ED is gone and I'm seriously struggling. And when that Saftey isn't where I expect him to be. I really can't tell you how much that pisses me off. :lol:

I run with the Dolphins and I think I've avg about 2-3 picks per game.Its all about playing to your teams strengths. If I know my CBs are slow I'm definitely not pressing receivers. :lol:

Ok bet. The double team sounds like the best option.

But trust me I used to love madden. And honestly it's been some years where it seemed they were taking steps in the right direction. And then the next year they take 2 steps back. I kinda understand it because you can kinda see they are trying to make it as realistic as possible but it just doesn't come out right.

I'm huge on defense. I usually play with Baltimore. I've been playing with them for years. So having Boller for them years I basically developed a mean Run game and shut down Defense. Never really had to worry about Safties because I could put ED reed single High and he would take care of the rest. :lol: giving me the option to pay attention to other things.

But now ED is gone and I'm seriously struggling. And when that Saftey isn't where I expect him to be. I really can't tell you how much that pisses me off. :lol:

An example I posted in the PS4 thread, Madden is made based on how the previous year was played in real life. Last week 60+ TDs were scored. that makes defense look bad and makes it easy for offense to score.

Yea I understand that. And honestly I can't really complain because it's been a couple years since I've really sat down and tried to be dominate at madden.

But even with all the BS I still enjoy playing it.

Are you on PS3? MrSneakerman started a league and there's about 8 CPU teams left. The teams are stacked, if you want to join let me know. We're playing our 2nd SB on Sunday. Any thing is you gotta be able to play at least 1 every of days cause we try to advance the weeks pretty fast.

I actually don't even own the game. A friend of mines stopped playing once 2k came out and I've had it ever since. But he needs it back to trade it in for the ps4 version.

I appreciate all the advice tho fellas. Plan to dominate this weekend before I give it back. I probably get it when I get my ps4 tho.

Stock coverages suck in this game, I never run a stock play on defense with no adjustment.  To keep one WR from burning you just press triangle/y, then x/a, the wr icon and the right stick up to back coverage off the individual receiver. Also there's ways to get pressure without usering a lineman you just have to play around in practice mode with shifting lbs, crashing line different ways, reblitzing guys, etc. ALWAYS user a safety or LB to lurk around the field and take away reads. There's a counter to everything in this game, even the OP outs, slants, and drags. Some may be unorthodox but they're there. By playing man combined with adding zone on routes your opponent favors it makes defense a lot easier.

Also +1 to the shading coverage especially on slants and drags as well as the disguise coverage/bump tip. When you do this the hook zones (yellows) drop back deeper as well. And make sure the corner on the receiver burning you isn't slow. A simple depth chart switch could help too

Back
Top Bottom