Official Madden NFL 25 Thread: In Stores Nov. 12th (PS4) & Nov. 19th (XB1)

Which Version of Madden 25 do you plan to buy?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

• Xbox One

• PS4

• None

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I usually go with Play Rec first.. then go back and do Awr when I got extra XP laying around.

Thanks. From what I read, Play Rec helps them to figure out what the play is at the snap so they're not faked by play actions and awareness basically helps with playing the ball once the play has developed.

[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Presentation Overview[/h2]
By EA SPORTS Sep 28, 2013

madden-next-gen-2-header_656x369.jpg

Jean Adams is the art director for Madden NFL 25. He has worked with EA SPORTS for ten years, focusing on animation, character work and environmental graphics.

madden-next-gen-5.jpg

ON THE VISUAL POSSIBILITIES OF GEN 4
With the horsepower at our disposal, we’re able to add 10x the detail to anything we want, but it’s not so much about the details as it is the behaviors of our material properties. We’re enhancing the complexity of our materials so that they behave like real skin and cloth. Things like paint and reflections on a helmet were difficult to replicate on Gen 3. With the use of the EA SPORTS IGNITE engine and the horsepower of the new consoles, these things are now possible. I’m excited because there’s so much we can do, from a blade of grass all the way to the crowd. There’s so much happening this year.

madden-next-gen-1.jpg

ON THE EXCITEMENT OF THE NEW ENGINE
Players have historically complained about the sometimes rigid look of our player models. So when we first started seeing the early tests and results from EA SPORTS IGNITE, we were excited. All of these improvements began to accumulate.

madden-next-gen-7.jpg

ON HOW EA SPORTS IGNITE INCREASES COLLABORATION ACROSS EA SPORTS
The level of communication starts with a unified EA SPORTS IGNITE engine. Our technology foundation on things like crowds are and sidelines are so similar now, and those are things that have been shared across our label. We’ve been in contact with other franchise’s artists and engineers on a weekly basis.

The sharing begins with a shared core rendering and animation system. If we need an asset, the first thing we do is see if another franchise has already built it. If they don’t, we can create it and possibly share that down the line. When you look at things like jackets and t-shirts, it doesn’t make sense to go back and do them again. We’ve built a base library of great content that may be shared with franchises like NBA LIVE and FIFA, so it’s really allowed for some great collaboration.

madden-next-gen-14.jpg

ON CLOTH PHYSICS IN MADDEN NFL 25

We’re using cloth much differently in Madden NFL 25 than on other teams. Players in NBA LIVE and FIFA have loose uniforms but in the NFL, players intentionally have their jerseys fitted to make it difficult to grab and hold them. We’ll still use EA SPORTS IGNITE for that level of detail, but in a different way.

madden-next-gen-10.jpg

ON PLAYER DETAIL
Because the uniforms are different in Madden NFL 25 than other games, our EA SPORTS IGNITE technology is more focused on things like hair and player towels. In the first look at the engine, you saw Robert Griffin III’s hair and towel flowing as he took two steps back in the pocket, as well as Marshawn Lynch’s dreadlocks.

madden-next-gen-15.jpg

ON THE CROWDS
In the past, we could only render 16 crowd characters on cards. Now they’ll be 3D, and we’re going to create crowds that have indiscernible patterns to where it feels like there are tens of thousands of people in the stands.

Madden NFL 25 is available Tuesday, November 12 on PlayStation 4 and Tuesday, November 19 on Xbox One. Preorder today, and learn more about Madden NFL on next gen. 

So say I'm in the middle of owner mode on my current gen. Will I be able to transfer over to the next gen or will I have to start over? Already in season 2 of my owner mode

Graphics arent that great on this game.
Im still pissed they havent put tattoos in the game.

So overall how do you guys feel about the ps3 and 360 release of 25? Is it good? Worth the money?

like what?

Playing people online stop um all 3 downs then they convert 4th and 23 with 3 defenders on them

Or people who play with running qb and u can not stop it even if u put multiple spys and qb contain

and just plain luck or guys throw the ball rite in my defenders hands all game no int soon as i make one or 2 bad throws int :smh:

after having this for more than a month i honestly believe this is the best madden yet. other than the drops i haven't seen too many flaws. Grated i have only played online 2 times

like what?

Playing people online stop um all 3 downs then they convert 4th and 23 with 3 defenders on them

Or people who play with running qb and u can not stop it even if u put multiple spys and qb contain

and just plain luck or guys throw the ball rite in my defenders hands all game no int soon as i make one or 2 bad throws int :smh:

I see what you meant but I guess it takes a lot of practice and understanding of your options/features. When ever I play a game against a team with a running QB I'll press L2 and X(or is it square) to defend the QB before the snap. This makes your DEs stay back just in case the QB keeps the ball. Sometimes you have to bring a safety down to make it 8 in the box.

after having this for more than a month i honestly believe this is the best madden yet. other than the drops i haven't seen too many flaws. Grated i have only played online 2 times

You haven't played much then, lol.. I kinda was hating on the game at first but it is better than I initially thought. I hate how receivers who catch deep ins or posts routes kinda slow down when the catch the ball.

like what?

I see what you meant but I guess it takes a lot of practice and understanding of your options/features. When ever I play a game against a team with a running QB I'll press L2 and X(or is it square) to defend the QB before the snap. This makes your DEs stay back just in case the QB keeps the ball. Sometimes you have to bring a safety down to make it 8 in the box.

You haven't played much then, lol.. I kinda was hating on the game at first but it is better than I initially thought. I hate how receivers who catch deep ins or posts routes kinda slow down when the catch the ball.

yeah that's why I don't play online though. I changed the speed slider so its more realistic with stuff like that.

yeah that's why I don't play online though. I changed the speed slider so its more realistic with stuff like that.

I feel you on the sliders. I changed sliders last year when I played the franchise but i don't like playing offline. foreveralone.jpg

Back
Top Bottom