**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

They're not dropping him, 200K is MAAAD good for 2011 AND he has a gold single "The Show Goes On" or whatever that trash is called. The label is all smiles right now
I don't think people realize this. Why would they let him make his next album "whatever way he wants to"? This formula has produced his most successful first week sales and he is getting consistent airplay. Plus that Trey Songz single will get heavy airplay this summer to boost the sales even more. Lupe fans may not get a "The Cool" type album for quite some time.

for those that want it. Here's the official instrumental to "All Black Everything."
pimp.gif

i grew up listening to lupe #HARVEY WORLD whats good. No way would i think that this album would sell 200k
Im so proud of LU, for trying to stay in the game

atlntic isnt gonna drop him, but they should put him back in charge of his own music, just sayin

Originally Posted by fly1587

This Album Will Go PLATINUM....JUS WATCH #Lasers

listening to some of the songs on the way to work, i had the same thought. i think one of these tracks can catch on at radio. 
i dont like it too much but i wish him success.

Just got my first listen in their are some trash songs that i would rather not listen to but all the others were good bumps plus the bonus tracks were
pimp.gif

He basically admitted to it on twitter yesterday.

"apologize for dumbing it, but look what has become of it, "All Black Everything" some old white southern woman humming it,"

This is all i wanted to hear really as a (i hate to say it but..) true lupe fan.  An apology for doing what he said he would never do and thats dumb it down to reach the masses. 

and had other great lines to say too

"Took Gaza Strip's Politics and put them number one and %@!+, took the myth that concious dont equal commercial and motha****in pummeled it!"

"dita sunny's, gold prezzy, twin turbo chevy fo' a ride of course, from the backseats of phantoms i thought of leaving thru suicide doors,"

"the too smart to listen, and the too dumb to teach, two sides to every story so i listen to both speak,"

"weapons for the weak, lessons for the meek, the too proud to beg, and the too poor to speak,"

After a few more listens it's actually a pretty good album. It's not what I was expecting, and easily the worst of his 3, but it's still decent.

Got tickets today for the show in Ann Arbor on april 1st. I think they might be front row
pimp.gif
I cannot wait.

I've bumped this album at least 20 times and im sick of it..no replay-ability whatsoever....went back to listening to Enemy of the State for a while...Can play that all DAY..

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

After a few more listens it's actually a pretty good album. It's not what I was expecting, and easily the worst of his 3, but it's still decent.

gettin better wit a few more listens but im still disappointed

You have strength to bump this album 20 times. 4 was my limit before I started to delete songs.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

You have strength to bump this album 20 times. 4 was my limit before I started to delete songs.

I'm too big of a Lupe fan to delete them. Even if I know I'll never listen to half them.

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

I've bumped this album at least 20 times and im sick of it..no replay-ability whatsoever....went back to listening to Enemy of the State for a while...Can play that all DAY..

you replayed it 20 times. 

Originally Posted by Jking0821

He basically admitted to it on twitter yesterday.

"apologize for dumbing it, but look what has become of it, "All Black Everything" some old white southern woman humming it,"

This is all i wanted to hear really as a (i hate to say it but..) true lupe fan.  An apology for doing what he said he would never do and thats dumb it down to reach the masses. 

and had other great lines to say too

"Took Gaza Strip's Politics and put them number one and %@!+, took the myth that concious dont equal commercial and motha****in pummeled it!"

"dita sunny's, gold prezzy, twin turbo chevy fo' a ride of course, from the backseats of phantoms i thought of leaving thru suicide doors,"

"the too smart to listen, and the too dumb to teach, two sides to every story so i listen to both speak,"

"weapons for the weak, lessons for the meek, the too proud to beg, and the too poor to speak,"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Still havent heard the album

I really like the album. 
ohwell.gif

I can listen back to front without skipping any tracks. It is, like you all say, very radio friendly.

Back
Top Bottom