**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

I really thought this dude was allergic to making bad music.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

jh4j9u.gif
Damn
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif

PLEASE PLEASE let this dude Lupe just drop a double disc and let him go or two albums in one year so we don't have to go through this same process and end up waiting years for trash.

I hope the album sells horribly (got a good feeling it will) and Lupe does some more complaining and Atlantic just gets fed up and lets him do that.

EDIT

If Lupe hates Lasers why is he promoting it on twitter? or is that Atlantic tweeting for him?
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

jh4j9u.gif
Damn
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif

PLEASE PLEASE let this dude Lupe just drop a double disc and let him go or two albums in one year so we don't have to go through this same process and end up waiting years for trash.

I hope the album sells horribly (got a good feeling it will) and Lupe does some more complaining and Atlantic just gets fed up and lets him do that.

roll.gif
@ the Nas gif.

Atlantic actually is one of the smartest labels. They sign hot rap acts RIGHT away so i highly doubt they are dumb enough and going to allow Lupe to drop a double to get out that deal (when was the last major double disc even dropped? besides Nas/Jay) not saying it cant happen but who knows...  Hopefully Atlantic drops him or Lupe lets off the steam (stops complaining and just shuts the hell up) and is ice cold and they drop him.

If Atlantic wanted to be some real !@!+**$# they will continue this though
30t6p3b.gif
...and get away with it too, cuz Lupe looking like a pawn...as we can clearly see... 

Might not even drop another LP for another 2 years. Its looking bad right now.

I don't get how this album is SO different than his last one. He's always made songs with pop/rock hooks and melodies. Superstar, Streets on Fire, Little Weapon, Fighters all had pop/rock hooks. There are some AWFUL songs on here (ex. I Don't Wanna Care Right Now), but I don't really get how 'Break The Chain', 'Never Forget You', 'The Show Goes On' are that different than those songs on the Cool.

I really also don't get his whole "don't rap deep' claim about 'The Show Goes On', which seems to be why he's so mad about this album. That song isn't any less meaningful than 'Paris, Tokyo', where he didn't say anything on the track either. This album's ok, I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as good as Food and Liquor, but I don't get all the hate for it.

^sir i want you to go back and listen to The Cool, the beats, lyrics, flow, everything. There is no comparison

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

I don't get how this album is SO different than his last one. He's always made songs with pop/rock hooks and melodies. Superstar, Streets on Fire, Little Weapon, Fighters all had pop/rock hooks. There are some AWFUL songs on here (ex. I Don't Wanna Care Right Now), but I don't really get how 'Break The Chain', 'Never Forget You', 'The Show Goes On' are that different than those songs on the Cool.

I really also don't get his whole "don't rap deep' claim about 'The Show Goes On', which seems to be why he's so mad about this album. That song isn't any less meaningful than 'Paris, Tokyo', where he didn't say anything on the track either. This album's ok, I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as good as Food and Liquor, but I don't get all the hate for it.

Sir go back and play the album again. Lupe doesnt even like it.

I cant believe what i have heard from this album, its a disgrace and taint to lupes name. DO NOT BUY THIS ALBUM, its not a product of Lupe but a record by Atlantic. Either way it wont affect lupes pockets if the album dosnt sell which he has said himself and its a well known fact that artist dont make anything from selling units unless of course you sell multi-millions, he makes all his money from touring and merch which he has his own control over especially since he is not a part of a 360 deal. BUT I am really disappointed that lupe compromised the music and gave into Atlantic and made all the songs they wanted him to do, I do agree with the person who said earlier in here that he owes his fans an apology after going through the trouble of petitioning and actually protesting in order for it to release. 
Hes being a hypocrite with all the songs he made in the past preaching substrance and quality, everything he said in the lasers manifesto is a complete contradiction to what this album is. The songs "im beaming" and "shining down" was what lasers was going to be, you can tell when you hear this corporate feces of a record that it was all tracks from the record label (Except all black everything and maybe the frist song); There is no way this is the original album lupe turned in, especially after him saying that when he turned in lasers, they said they didnt want to release it and so why release it later with their full support if it was still the same album he turned in, its obvious these are all songs that Atlantic wanted lupe to have which has pretty much been partly stated by himself. Hopefully one day we get to hear the real lasers.

Originally Posted by JOSH4523

I cant believe what i have heard from this album, its a disgrace and taint to lupes name. DO NOT BUY THIS ALBUM, its not a product of Lupe but a record by Atlantic. Either way it wont affect lupes pockets if the album dosnt sell which he has said himself and its a well known fact that artist dont make anything from selling units unless of course you sell multi-millions, he makes all his money from touring and merch which he has his own control over especially since he is not a part of a 360 deal. BUT I am really disappointed that lupe compromised the music and gave into Atlantic and made all the songs they wanted him to do, I do agree with the person who said earlier in here that he owes his fans an apology after going through the trouble of petitioning and actually protesting in order for it to release. 
Hes being a hypocrite with all the songs he made in the past preaching substrance and quality, everything he said in the lasers manifesto is a complete contradiction to what this album is. The songs "im beaming" and "shining down" was what lasers was going to be, you can tell when you hear this corporate feces of a record that it was all tracks from the record label (Except all black everything and maybe the frist song); There is no way this is the original album lupe turned in, especially after him saying that when he turned in lasers, they said they didnt want to release it and so why release it later with their full support if it was still the same album he turned in, its obvious these are all songs that Atlantic wanted lupe to have which has pretty much been partly stated by himself. Hopefully one day we get to hear the real lasers.

I had this quick response typed up ..

But %%%+ it 
laugh.gif

you made it too easy 

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

Originally Posted by JOSH4523

I had this quick response typed up ..

But %%%+ it 
laugh.gif

you made it too easy 

I meant the product part more in the sense that it wasnt the real lupe we know, it isnt the music he would of made if he had control. I didnt literally mean this is not his album, this is his product but more in the sense in that he made something for the label to release it. If you read later on, i said i was disappointed in him compromising his beliefs in quality and actually writing to all these piece of %+%@ club song/pop songs. for your second highlighted part, i dont see what your confused about. Im calling lupe a hypocrit for preaching quality and than he goes ahead and releases something like this. I hope that cleared it up for you.

Yeah, I got to agree, I was really expecting Lasers to be such a good, crazy album. As soon as I heard it leaked, I downloaded it, and listened to the whole album. I think the majority of his good songs were the ones Lupe already released, such as TSGO, Words I Never Said, All Black Everything, and Never Forget you. The only additional songs I liked were Beautiful Lasers, and Till I get there. I think musically, it wasn't that good, but some of his songs still had meanings to them. I just feel bad for him and his relationship with Atlantic.

album def lacks replay value. only songs I still listen to are Letting Go, Beautiful Lasers, Break the Chain, and All Black Everything.

listened to it three times today....i love it. 2 skippable tracks , even for a commercially raped album I think he handled it well.....I think any of you in his position wouldve crumbled, you gotta understand dude is locked down until he completes his 5 or w.e many albums...

I am dissapoint, that Trey track is laughable as is I Don't Wanna Care Right Now. I like bits on the album but damn...

I didn't listen to the leak yet and I was forced to listen to I Don't Want To Care Right Now last night...

Wasn't feeling it
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom