**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

^Situation is so sad but unfortunately there some who will look at the truth of what Lupe is saying in the process of recording that album and view it foolishly as an excuse.

Anyway back to rational/logical discussion... has anyone else tried to let this album grow on them? I have no motivation to listen to it through again.

*Listens to the Last Bars on Dumb It Down *

Guess he was wrong .. 
ohwell.gif

Lupe is nothing more than a tool who is getting jerked for speaking on the situation when his album wasn't get a release date

If he getting played like that he really should've did what I did in that protest thread and form a group with a producer or a rapper under a new name and sign elsewhere. I'm pretty sure he can do that legally unless his contract is even worse than a 360 slave deal.

Kill Lupe Fiasco and form a whole other identity/movement so he can still release albums. Reading this shh it's like I know wouldn't have got forced in to this.

Imma have to agree with Sosa and Harm on this.

Yall got really digest all that's happened even before you heard the album, reflect off that. Then when you look at this album you know this some bs that shouldn't have been made.

757bred wrote:
MissinPieces wrote:
JUST TURRIBLE... 
eek.gif

indifferent.gif

tired.gif

Horrible beats, no chemistry with him and the artist, off topic, a billion features, subpar lyrics.....

Sounds like Lupe went to soundclick.com, DL all *Hot Free Beats / With Hooks", and rapped. 
mad.gif
{

Don't know if this was posted yet, but this is an Interview from Complex that kinda explains what you said.
ohwell.gif

As told to Insanul Ahmed (@Incilin)
[h2]On "The Show Goes On"[/h2]
“There’s nothing really to tell about that record, to be honest. I didn’t have nothing to do with that record. That was the label’s record. That wasn’t like I knew the producer or knew the writer or anything like that. That was one of those records the record company gave me, [they even gave me] stuff they wanted me to rap about. It wasn’t like, ‘Hey I did this and I went to a mountain and found inspiration and it was this.’ [Last April] I was backstage at a show at the House of Blues in L.A. and the president of [Atlantic Records] came to me and said, ‘Hey check this out, I got this song.’ He played ‘Show Goes On’ for me on the iPod. I was used to it because they presented me like ten other songs in the same fashion or via email. So for me, at that point, it was just another record like, ‘Is this a song you want me to do?’ There was nothing special about it for me at that point. It was like, ‘You know we still want off the label, right?’ That was the conversations we were having.

“I did the record maybe a couple weeks after I initially heard it. We were on tour and I didn’t have the schedule to go record it, so the first instance that I had to actually go do it, I went and knocked it out. I knocked out ‘Never Forget You’ that same day. Then we had ‘Show Goes On’ for two, three months completed in some fashion. It was never a record like, ‘Hey! Lupe is super excited about ‘Show Goes On.’’ At that point, I was just drained. I was like, ‘Whatever. Another song, another day, another dollar.’

I had to do ['The Show Goes On'] and it had to be the first single if the record was going to come out.

“I had to do ‘Show Goes On,’ that was like the big chip on the table. I had to do it and it had to be the first single if the record was going to come out. And then there’s ‘Never Forget You’ [featuring John Legend]—which is another record I had nothing to do with—which became another bargaining chip, like, ‘Yo, after ‘Show Goes On’ there’s going to be this other record that you had nothing to do with.’ And I know John Legend, he’s a cool dude. But it was just a record he had sitting around and Exec A or Exec B heard it, and they were like, ‘Oh yeah! We’re going to put this on Lupe.’ And it wasn’t like, ‘Hey Lupe, do you like this song?’ it was like, ‘You got to do this record.’ At that point, I had already done ten records [the same way]. It was like I’d fly out from whatever spot I’m vacationing in, cut these records, and fly back.

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Lupe is nothing more than a tool who is getting jerked for speaking on the situation when his album wasn't get a release date

Can i ask what the point of coming to this thread was?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Flatbush just stop

Yall got really digest all that's happened even before you heard thealbum, reflect off that. Then when you look at this album you know thissome bs that shouldn't have been made.
thats exactly how i looked at it.

Its always these type of dudes that get pressured by these corny flipflop wearing A&Rs and want you to believe that its the labels faultall the time.
This.
laugh.gif
@ flip flop wearing A&Rs

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Lupe should just release an Acapella and let people make their own beats and release the best ones.

Its weird man but I am not sure if I even would really be interested in listening quite honestly.  

Yeah, you are probably right
tired.gif

I'm taken a new appreciation for Joell Ortiz lately though. Not similar to Lupes style at all, but man he is a beast.

Battle Cry
eek.gif

I just can't wait for the day Lupe's on GOOD music. *crosses fingers.*
welp. that was a completely ignorant suggestion...this is wack #+% Lasers, not the black album kiddo

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

so basically if you're a real fan, you shouldn't buy the album?

Even when you like the album, don't buy it. Welcome to the 21st century. Short-term gain (free music) > long term pain (more and more of your favorite artists are marginalized or don't even put out an album)
Why didn't one of his first two albums go platinum? Even with the biggest names cosigning him and great reviews? What's going on here? F&L didn't even go GOLD!

tired.gif

dont buy that crap cuz it sucks... buy the cool or F&L...

atlantic is just going to keep doin %!*# like this if yall buy it

I finally listened this and i gotta say this is garbage. All the beats are wack and Lupe doesn't sound himself at the mic.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

We are already past the "point-of-no-return". 
Don't buy it = Atlantic pushes even harder for mainstream pop stuff for his next album

Buy it= Atlantic assumes it has taken the right approach and delivers more of the same.

We all have to wait until Lupe gets off his record or releases mixtapes to hear the "real" Lupe. Until then, I don't see it getting better. It could get worse. 

FTR: I haven't listened to the album yet. I'll just listen to it when I buy it. Yea, I'm still going to buy it.  
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Buy it= Atlantic assumes it has taken the right approach and delivers more of the same.

FTR: Yea, I'm still going to buy it.  
ohwell.gif
CANNOT COMPUTE.

Back
Top Bottom