OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Man, I is impressed. Really thought this team was ready to head for Cancun. Heck of an effort to keep this thing going ... even if they let it get a little too close at the end.

I've rode him a lot and he still was really bad at certain points,

but man Paul Pierce gave us BIG TIME MINUTES tonight. His defense on Joe Johnson was really good, even.

Of course we're involved in the only Game 7 happening in the 1st round of the playoffs this season. Because that's what we do. LOL.

I think it's amazing that despite his age, Chris Paul hasn't declined. Like not even a little bit. It's wild.

He's still amazing. Elite.

I think it's amazing that despite his age, Chris Paul hasn't declined. Like not even a little bit. It's wild.

He's still amazing. Elite.

Yeah. As you know, I've said at times this season I was seeing signs of decline. But not this post-season. Not at all.

We all have seen the improvement of Austin's game since he's come to LA, but I don't think people have truly grasped just how big of a leap he's taken and when you factor this in, you'll realize why him not being a part of the first half of this series was gigantic.

Nevermind the fact that he killed Utah this season, just as a whole he's been a legit two way player this year.

Austin Rivers has shot close to 40% on 3's since December...of 2015(!
eek.gif
) This season, he's at 38% on 3's, and knocking down 39% of his open 3's. 40% on his catch and shoot 3's. I mean he's lowkey becoming an elite shooter who can also play off the bounce and then turn around and guard 1 through 3 which he's been doing this series since he's been inserted. With Jamal being up and down and JJ being locked up, I can't even begin to express how much of a swing player he's been for us.

Doc's had his ups and downs as a GM, but the Luc signing and Austin trade have been stellar and IMO he deserves credit for this because Austin went from out of the league almost to a potentially all defense performer who hits 3's at a 38% clip. (For kicks, Bill Simmons who hates us voted for austin for 2nd team all nba defense)

LOL. Yeah, was going to say the Jazz might be doing us all a favor. The Warriors crushed the Blazers with KD only playing a game an a half. And our team without BG isn't really better than the Blazers, so....

The way things have gone this season, I think the most likely scenario is that we win on Friday only to blow Game 7 at home. Give us all one last dose of false hope before the season is finally over.

But I'll still be rooting for them. CP3 has been absolutely brilliant. Maybe the best player in the playoffs - at least from an efficiency standpoint. He just isn't getting enough help.

Um, yeah. I didn't really mean this. I feel relatively good about today.

Um, yeah. I didn't really mean this. I feel relatively good about today.
laugh.gif

Series has been mad unpredictable. However, even the most pessimistic version of myself is having a hard time conceptualizing a team winning 3 games on an opponent's home floor in a 7 game series. They've already won twice, it's reallyyyy hard for me to tangibly picture this.

Now we're the Clippers so of course I wouldn't eeeemmm be shocked if we dropped this.

But I think game 7, at home, with the best player in the series by far, should be enough as long as we get some solid contributions from guys other than DJ and CP. 5 players were in double figures in game 6. Looking for Austin to be aggressive out the gate.

^^^ Basically, everyone who played in game 6 contributed, with CP being the MVP. DJ's performance was kind of up and down, but overall a net positive. Austin and Luc were both great. If all that happens again, we should be all right.

Team just tanked without CP on the floor and we've been in recovery mode ever since

39 points isn't going to cut it obviously. But we're down 46-39 which isn't the end of the world. Gotta get this pace up though.

Jazz making the adjustment of not switching on CP PnR's and trailing / trapping him.

Jazz are making most of the shots they missed in games 5&6

This in turn is making us play agains their 5 on 5 defense and it's killing the pace of the game

Said it during game 6 that we were getting lucky with Utah missing shots.

They made shots today, and changed their coverage on CP3.

Regardless, looking ahead if you're going to bring CP3 and Blake back (assuming they wanna come back) you cannot have this redick/Crawford/rivers ****. Obviously you wanna keep Austin but no more Redick and Crawford man. No more high variance guards that can't defend and are too small. No more.

Time to blow it up
No. CP and DJ are really good and Blake is a health risk and athletically he's in decline but a few of his injuries have been freak accidents, I would bet on Blake.  He's still really good.

It's the surrounding parts that we have to seriously reevaluate. The entire season I harped on us needing to Ween ourselves off of JJ Redick and Jamal Crawford because this was going to happen and it did.

So this summer, Doc and Co. have a heavy task on their hand. If they're going to bring CP and Blake back, they'll be doing them a disservice by bringing JJ and Jamal back IMO.

keep it together, add a finishing/big time scoring small forward

tired of every chicken s**t sports writer suggesting to blow up the clippers. its really just so they can have stuff to write about in a slow NBA off season that includes no football.

coaching change/GM change is needed. IMO thats it

Last edited:
keep it together, add a finishing/big time scoring small forward

tired of every chicken s**t writer suggesting to blow up the clippers. its really just so they can have stuff to write about in a slow NBA off season that includes no football.
If CP and Blake don't wanna come back then so be it but blowing it up feasibly makes no sense man lol

If CP and Blake don't wanna come back then so be it but blowing it up feasibly makes no sense man lol

i agree

OAN

utah's sets and ball movement at times were beautiful. as good as cp3 is, he has to let the ball flow more instead of yo-yo'ing endlessly at times.

but thats not his fault...this is why a coaching change or a philosophy change is needed. IMO

Last edited:
^^^ I absolutely do not want to see the same basic configuration of the team next season that we saw this season. Some kind of significant change is in order. I also don't want us to go into lottery mode again, especially considering our draft pick situation is **** for a few years thanks to GM Doc. I think the team has to consider a range of options.

The things I would for sure do are re-sign CP as soon as possible. We need at least one bona fide super start here to continue to compete at close to the level we have been. At this point, CP is the less risky gamble to me than Blake due to Blake's injury problems.

Let JJ walk. Great guy, get's the most out of his abilities, but he can't be the 3rd option on a team that is trying to compete with teams like GSW, SAS, Utah, etc. He's just too easy to lock up in the playoffs. Give the starting 2 job to Austin or look for someone at least 6'6" who defends and, hopefully, can also hit upwards of 30 percent from 3.

I would say trade jamal, but I don't think his contract is moveable yet because of how many years he has left.

After that, I'm open to anything. If BG shows interest in going elsewhere, consider sign-and-trade deals. If he wants to come back, let him come back. I'm not opposed to bringing him back, but I'm also not opposed to letting him go if we can bring back some good players in the process.

If we bring back Blake, I would shop DJ. Blake and DJ are just not a great frontcourt combo. DJ is better than I ever thought he would be, but he's at his ceiling and he still has some pretty big flaws in his game. If we get CP and Blake back, I think we'd be better off with a center who is more multi-skilled than DJ, but still a good positional defender.

And Doc. Ideally, I would want a new coach. I feel even more strongly about it after I saw a stat today about how bad his team's have done in series closing games. His record is really bad. Like .200 or something. He's coached two different team that blew 3-1 playoff leads. Also blown 3-2 leads twice. He just does not seem very good at getting his team to rise to the occasion and get over adversity.

All that said, alas, like I posted the other day, I can't see Ballmer firing him. Doc's got too much power and the team has too much money tied up in him. I could live with him losing just one of his jobs, preferably GM. Bring in someone else to help with personnel moves. Let Doc just coach . . . I guess.

Back
Top Bottom