OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013 OFFSEASON THREAD - Media Day Done; Training Camp Starting

Despite how active and shrewd we have been this off-season, the fact that we have essentially ignored the backup bigs (and starting C for that matter) is troubling and I'm not optimistic about this season at all, to be honest.

All that activity and we still don't have a pick and pop big, reliable post defender or perimeter stopper.

We got bullied in the paint against MEM, and we are gonna sit here and get worse? Three point shooting wasn't a problem at all last year, despite what most think. Tuff Juice and Willie were WET from outside all year, the margin for Redick and Dudley to improve on that is small. They are better defensively, but neither are "stoppers". So when they get beat off the dribble who's gonna be protecting the paint and rebounding? DJ, Blake, Jamison and Hollins? :smh: Doc better have learned ALOT from Thibs.

Our assets were focused entirely too much in the backcourt and on the wings. CP3, DC, JJ, Jamal, Willie, Dudley, Matt, Bullock. All good players, but not enough minutes to use them effectively.

Re-signing LO and signing J. O'Neal would have me feel a little better about our chances in the post season, but right now we are just way too thin with bigs to contend IMO.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Not only that we have no attitude no grit. Its just Barnes. We needed Kenyon Back. I am diehard clips fan but honestly we might have upgraded but we are still missing a piece.

Michael Eaves ‏@michaeleaves 2m
#Clippers coach Doc Rivers: We're still looking for couple more guys http://www.foxsportswest.com/nba/lo...ouple-mor?blockID=918659#.Udw_cnsB7II.twitter … #nba #ClippersLive

Glad to hear that Doc doesn't think we're done making moves. I like the team that we've already put together, but agree with everyone else that we need another, tough big guy. I'm predicting we're going to have that before the season starts, one way or another.

Who's out there that's available? more importantly, realistically attainable?

That's a very good question because I'm pretty sure, without a trade, all we can offer anyone is the veteran's minimum salary. I'm not sure who else is out there, who could really help, that would take the vet's minimum.

Michael Eaves ‏@michaeleaves 2m
#Clippers coach Doc Rivers: We're still looking for couple more guys http://www.foxsportswest.com/nba/lo...ouple-mor?blockID=918659#.Udw_cnsB7II.twitter … #nba #ClippersLive

Glad to hear that Doc doesn't think we're done making moves. I like the team that we've already put together, but agree with everyone else that we need another, tough big guy. I'm predicting we're going to have that before the season starts, one way or another.

Great news!

Last edited:
We better do something with the front line, considering that the Warriors just signed Jermaine O'Neal. The Dubs are going to be tough next season. They may have lost Jack and Landry, but the picked up Iggy, Speights, Toney Douglas and O'Neal. They're definitely are top competition for the division title.

You had to know Billups was gonna get his pink slip with the signing of JJ. Im REALLY happy they're trying to resign Odom, THANK YOU DOC!

EDIT: Rumor

If Lakers amnesty Ron Artest, the top 3 teams HE wants to play for is Knicks, Clippers and Nets. Theres your tough guy yall :lol:

The Los Angeles Lakers reportedly will use their amnesty clause on forward Metta World Peace.

UPDATE: Tuesday, July 9, at 8:42 p.m. ET by Eric Ball

While World Peace has yet to comment on being potentially amnestied or retiring, a person close to him has already narrowed down his ideal destinations if the Lakers do indeed let him go according to Sam Amick of USA Today:

According to a person with knowledge of World Peace's situation, the list of teams that he would most like to play for starts with the New York Knicks and is followed in order by the Los Angeles Clippers, Brooklyn Nets, Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder, San Antonio Spurs and the Indiana Pacers
Also somebody said re-sign Birdman? Nope, he reupped with Heat.

Last edited:
Not only that we have no attitude no grit. Its just Barnes. We needed Kenyon Back. I am diehard clips fan but honestly we might have upgraded but we are still missing a piece.

No doubt, if someone steps to CP3 or BG and Matty is on the bench :smh: . At least Tuff Juice would give them the crazy eye :lol:

Thib assistant coached under Doc. But yeah, I agree with all your points. We didn't make moves at the 5. Slightly disappointed about that.

:lol: Yeah I know. Thibs implemented the defensive philosophy on those Celtics teams.

Last edited:
Los Angeles Clippers ‏@LAClippers 15m
A major announcement will be taking place at the Clippers' Training Facility at approx. 12PM PT. LIVE COVERAGE: http://on.nba.com/15wDTnO

:nerd:

Really though, I doubt its anything other than officially announcing the signings and trade we already know about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom