OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013 OFFSEASON THREAD - Media Day Done; Training Camp Starting

Just need that big. I think Dj is going to be a different player with almost getting traded and Doc on his *** its now or he's gone by the trade deadline. Sign hollins and Kenyon and call it a wrap. But I am so glad Chauncey is gone we could gave chased Ray Allen last year but nope thought billups was back how different the season would have turned out.

What do you guys think of JJ Hickson on the squad? Dude is a free agent, but seems like there's not much noise around signing him. He can't shoot so he can't stretch the floor...but don't think any other bigs that are FAs can at this point

What do you guys think of JJ Hickson on the squad? Dude is a free agent, but seems like there's not much noise around signing him. He can't shoot so he can't stretch the floor...but don't think any other bigs that are FAs can at this point

I'd take him. Plays hard, good rebounder. I'd rather have him than Antawn Jamison, who I hear we're looking at.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
No Jamison, pleeeease. Does anyone know who's acting GM? Is Sterling making all these offseason moves by himself? Find that hard to believe.

No Jamison, pleeeease. Does anyone know who's acting GM? Is Sterling making all these offseason moves by himself? Find that hard to believe.

Not Sterling. A combination of Gary Sacks and, since he was hired, Doc Rivers.

Hickson to the Nuggets on a 3yr/$15 million deal...and it looks like the Clippers are going after Jamison for the minimum
mean.gif

Welp! Ryan Hollins will also be back for another year! I guess that's 6 fouls he can give us. Still need to get tougher in the paint though.

Welp! Ryan Hollins will also be back for another year! I guess that's 6 fouls he can give us. Still need to get tougher in the paint though.

Just read a tweet that's its between Odom and Jamison for the last big spot. Think I'd take Odom. I think we need his rebounding and defense more than Jamison's offense. We'll see though.

yeah L-O is a lil younger and still knows how to rebound, pass and dribble. I'd take that over Jamison's mediocre shooting % all day.

I'd take him. Plays hard, good rebounder. I'd rather have him than Antawn Jamison, who I hear we're looking at.
Please, no Jamison, son is terri cloth.

He had a TERRIBLE season with the Lakers, he doesn't play hard, nor put up enough offense. Probably had A LOT to do with D'Antoni system, maybe Doc can resurrect him :rolleyes

LO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jamison

Last edited:
LO played great defense and rebounded well but I think Jamison's shooting ability would help us out. Ideally I would love to bring both back. DJ's contract is really hurting us right about now :smh:

Although I agree with most of ya'll regarding LO > Jamison, it can be a double edge sword. Getting LO back will depend on him taking less money than he received last year and even if he agrees to that, will he be in game shape by the start of the season or will he be outta shape until the playoff rolls around. Can't have that again.

Here's a tweet with a link to the summer league roster:

Madelyn Burke ‏@MadelynBurke 35m
#Clippers begin Summer League mini-camp today, head to Vegas Thursday. Take a look at LAC 2013 Summer League Roster: http://on.nba.com/10J7LeU

Only person I'm really interested in seeing is Bullock, since it doesn't seem like any of the other guys are likely to make the real team anyway, given how loaded we already are. I guess if one of the bigs plays great, he could get a camp invite, but I doubt it. Morrison had a good summer league for us last year and didn't even get asked to training camp for the regular season.

I like Jamison.

He's consistent and isn't an emotional wreck, I rather have him than Odom. Odom is a shell of himself, it's a shame how fast he became trash...

I like Jamison.

He's consistent and isn't an emotional wreck, I rather have him than Odom. Odom is a shell of himself, it's a shame how fast he became trash...

I wouldn't say Odom was trash last season. Offensively he was disappointing, but was pretty solid from a defense and rebounding perspective.

I'm just kind of superstitious when it comes to Jamison. Seems like everywhere he's gone since his Wizards days, the team has ended up getting worse after he shows up. Happened with Cleveland and the Lakers. Not saying its his fault the teams got worse, but still...

Seems like everywhere he's gone since his Wizards days, the team has ended up getting worse after he shows up. Happened with Cleveland and the Lakers. Not saying its his fault the teams got worse, but still...

:lol:
Damn, that's a pretty bad track record.

Hope it doesn't continue on the other side of the hallway.

:nerd:

I hear you but you really can't blame him for that, He played on horrible teams most of his career. Jamison will give you 15 and 7 and Odom will give you 4 and 5. I'm happy with the decision

Despite how active and shrewd we have been this off-season, the fact that we have essentially ignored the backup bigs (and starting C for that matter) is troubling and I'm not optimistic about this season at all, to be honest.

All that activity and we still don't have a pick and pop big, reliable post defender or perimeter stopper.

We got bullied in the paint against MEM, and we are gonna sit here and get worse? Three point shooting wasn't a problem at all last year, despite what most think. Tuff Juice and Willie were WET from outside all year, the margin for Redick and Dudley to improve on that is small. They are better defensively, but neither are "stoppers". So when they get beat off the dribble who's gonna be protecting the paint and rebounding? DJ, Blake, Jamison and Hollins? :smh: Doc better have learned ALOT from Thibs.

Our assets were focused entirely too much in the backcourt and on the wings. CP3, DC, JJ, Jamal, Willie, Dudley, Matt, Bullock. All good players, but not enough minutes to use them effectively.

Re-signing LO and signing J. O'Neal would have me feel a little better about our chances in the post season, but right now we are just way too thin with bigs to contend IMO.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom