Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

I would reply you still over paid. LMAO!!!

I honestly don't get this fascination with samples of released shoes. Only in the shoe culture do people pay an arm and a leg for free samples not meant to be sold. Every other industry samples are given away for free. Lol!
That was just a lil joke referencing the 2k-3k samples mentioned above. IDGAF if it's a sample, promo, PE, LS, GR (and any other acronym) or not. I'm wearing them ****z regardless. I'm not the collector type and def ain't paying 2-3 stacks for some kicks... 

This was 10 years ago.....around 03' - 04' or so in my Nike Dunk days. If you frequented NT back then, it was ALL about the Dunks. Whether it be GR, Euros, Cojp, SBs, Tier zeros, quickstrikes, the limited release, the nicknames, the raised store prices, the fussing, the need for the new release, the buying & flipping of sneakers, the camp outs, etc etc etc...

Nike SB.....Basically the predecessor to all this Nike Basketball ****.

And back then there were a few dudes on here that would easily see me with their Dunk collection. Ain't nothing new about collecting one style of shoe.

Btw....What's not to get? I'm spending my money on what I want, right?

Now, Back to the Brons. :D

I think what the fella is trying to say is "collecting" that many pairs of one style of shoe would drop you into a class of addiction. Yeah you are spending your money on product you enjoy as a "sneakerhead" but in that same thought we don't call "crackheads" drug collectors, they are considered addicts. That same notion can be applied to those that purchase insane amounts of material goods. Actually this isn't my business, I'll stay out of it.

Those WTL MVP kicks are on the same level of uselessness and yet unique appeal as the Corks. Another shoe to put into a glass case or wear if you need that attention from other "sneakerheads" in person or through the interweb.

The want of those Volts have been there for a while, hopefully patience will pay off with discounted prices.

Thanks, you know there's a Factory Store in Norwood now. Depending on where you stay in the Nati might be closer then Monroe.
I actually found that out from an outlet employee, I'm from out of town (Dayton/Richmond) but when I'm back in the nati I plan on checking it out.

sometimes i have to check myself and pause and say damn, do i really want to get the SAME shoe just different color.. been pretty good. i try to keep like a 3 color max per shoe.. esp when they are costing $100-200 a pair. last year on the 9s, i think at one point i had like almost 10 pairs at once, a few dupilcates to "double up", i really felt at that point i was addicted.. a damn addict. thankfully i was able to unload a lot. i think i have only 3 left of the 9s..

a lot of other cool stuff to buy or spend money on, like a new galaxy s4/htc one or a cool tablet like that microsoft surface.. 8)

Last edited:
I actually found that out from an outlet employee, I'm from out of town (Dayton/Richmond) but when I'm back in the nati I plan on checking it out.

The couple of times I've been I wasn't particularly impressed with the selection. Other than the first weekend they were open and they were giving out gift cards and had some KD IVs I haven't seen anything worth mentioning.

sometimes i have to check myself and pause and say damn, do i really want to get the SAME shoe just different color.. been pretty good. i try to keep like a 3 color max per shoe.. esp when they are costing $100-200 a pair.

a lot of other cool stuff to buy or spend money on, like a new galaxy s4/htc one or a cool tablet like that microsoft surface.. 8)

This is how I'm feeling now as well. I bought so many Kobes and KDs this year and I'm just looking at them and thinking about other places I could've spent that money.

In related news, the Xs are showing up at outlets now. I managed to pass so far this year because $180+ is a crap ton of money for one shoe, but now.... looks like I might have to start finding some more room in my closet.

Christ, it's turning JB forum in here with the quickness.  This isn't that cesspool, so you can bet people in the Nike Forums are trying to help you 99% of the time and not attack you.  Glad you were saved from the drama of dealing with that scammer, McTighty**.

Y'all gotta remember Squatch has that giant foot too, and even though Taxis got down to $79.99 on shelves for 4 weeks before being shipped back to vendor in one store here, his size wasn't in that run and it probably isn't at the Nordstrom rack either.  Size plays a big part in resell value and difficulty to get on clearance (see motorboat Jones AJ9 resell value of size 13 versus size 9 and down).  But sometimes those giant shoes are the only pairs left,but I don't think he's quite rocking that Shaq Fu foot
laugh.gif

Hazelnuts are
nthat.gif
on foot Schism, you're a lucky dude not having to worry about that release date!  And I agree with Stylz, BenBen.... those Bangs look legit to me.  I couldn't pick anything specific out, and obviously they have been worn, but for $275 shipped you're saving yourself $50 plus shipping on a good deal for that couple wears.  I assume you will be wearing them, so I'd jump on it.  I really want to add those to the collection and on my feet, but can't find a good deal available to me in my size.

This definitely is not the place to try and classify someone as a shoe addict....this is a forum dedicated to leather, rubber, and synthetic materials that we wear on our feet.  If you are actively taking place in discussion or doing any of the things we do for sneakers, you look just as addicted and crazy to someone that buys 1 athletic sneaker a year.

I was told by a few managers around me that retailers are pretty much just waiting for the Heat to get beat or win the chip to throw the rest of the X's on sale, same as in the past.  Tey said if any sizes of the plat's do stay on the shelves after they get their upcoming shipments, that those will go on sale real soon after the others and won't have that long wait period.  I may have to double up just because if that is the case.

**EDIT:  LOL, w-h-i-t-e-y was censored hahaha.  My bad.

Last edited:

Considering that these are becoming dried up, nice pick up. Plus I have been seeing these for hight $200's plus shipping and they will only go up once people stop sleeping on them. I still say Lebron should have and he know he should worn them for at least ONE game in last years finals or playoffs, that would have really added to the value of this already oh so nice shoe! Kind of like if Kobe wore his Kobe 7 cloak last year just for ONE game. I just felt and feel like these were 2 very nice colorways that went to waste, at least in terms of the actual players wearing them. As for the Lebron 10 elite, the elite 9 is way better.

was tempted to try to grab those Hazelnuts early, but over 600 on that Chinese site.  Plus no guarantee on what you're gettin, but it's almost worth a gamble.

These Hazelnuts might surpass the Denims imo

Christ, it's turning JB forum in here with the quickness.  This isn't that cesspool, so you can bet people in the Nike Forums are trying to help you 99% of the time and not attack you.  Glad you were saved from the drama of dealing with that scammer, ******.

Y'all gotta remember Squatch has that giant foot too, and even though Taxis got down to $79.99 on shelves for 4 weeks before being shipped back to vendor in one store here, his size wasn't in that run and it probably isn't at the Nordstrom rack either.  Size plays a big part in resell value and difficulty to get on clearance (see motorboat Jones AJ9 resell value of size 13 versus size 9 and down).  But sometimes those giant shoes are the only pairs left,but I don't think he's quite rocking that Shaq Fu foot :lol:

Hazelnuts are :nthat: on foot Schism, you're a lucky dude not having to worry about that release date!  And I agree with Stylz, BenBen.... those Bangs look legit to me.  I couldn't pick anything specific out, and obviously they have been worn, but for $275 shipped you're saving yourself $50 plus shipping on a good deal for that couple wears.  I assume you will be wearing them, so I'd jump on it.  I really want to add those to the collection and on my feet, but can't find a good deal available to me in my size.

This definitely is not the place to try and classify someone as a shoe addict....this is a forum dedicated to leather, rubber, and synthetic materials that we wear on our feet.  If you are actively taking place in discussion or doing any of the things we do for sneakers, you look just as addicted and crazy to someone that buys 1 athletic sneaker a year.

I was told by a few managers around me that retailers are pretty much just waiting for the Heat to get beat or win the chip to throw the rest of the X's on sale, same as in the past.  Tey said if any sizes of the plat's do stay on the shelves after they get their upcoming shipments, that those will go on sale real soon after the others and won't have that long wait period.  I may have to double up just because if that is the case.

Exactly, whether you buy multiple cws of the same model or buy various different shoes most of us have stacks of shoes in our closets that make people who are not into sneakers look at you crazy for spending that much money on shoes..

My fam says it to me all the time.

Taxi 9 Elite for $225 a steal??? LMAO!!! They dropped to $149.99 at FTL. There are STILL some in stores at that price. Even lower with bday coupon.

Where they do that at? Lol! All I have seen is hight $200's plus shipping, so please point me in that direction, because when I tried before they were RTV'd or not in the system.

Last edited:
I've been going back and forth for a month on selling my Area 72s or not. I love the look, but they just don't seem that practical to wear.

Last edited:
First pair of X they run pretty tight like the IX but they look small on feet which I love as a female. Don't see myself picking up any other colors... Maybe dolphins if price drops...

View media item 402766

First pair of X they run pretty tight like the IX but they look small on feet which I love as a female. Don't see myself picking up any other colors... Maybe dolphins if price drops...
If you can fit GS sizes, i'd get the Easters over the Settings/Dolphins

whats up on some pressures guys?

any outlet info?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom