Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

quote name="winzz" url="/t/527591/official-lebron-x-thread-vol-3-elite-xs-revealed-sprites-osus-revealed/3570#post_17495600"]
jbwB25AtAnI6jZ.JPG

lineup for zoom soldier 7 this summer dem yellow ones...

those construction timb AZG probably most unique basketball shoes ever , back in a day i was hoping to get one of those[/quote]

that dolphin ID v release-version comparison actually sold me on the release version. i thought the teal was just as shiny as the ID teal, which is a little too shiny for my tastes. had no idea the release version was matte

Why not Bled?  Or Spam for Space Jams?  Or Cray for Cool Gray? lol

Forgive my ignorance, but why is there so much hate for the term "Bred," but not any hate for the terms "Space Jams" or "South Beaches." Aren't they all nicknames? If there was consistency, shouldn't the nicknames "Space Jams" and "South Beaches" be shunned in favor of "Black/Blues" and "Mint Candy/New Green/Pink Flashes?" Not calling anyone out, just was curious. Thanks in advance for the replies!

I said I just left...and the world was wearing AF1s, y'all Ohio dudes was still wearing du-rags to match your outfits. You think anybody looks at Ohio for anything lmao
You're a clown if you think the 216, 330 or any other Central or North Eastern Ohio area wasn't an influence.  Influenced Music, Professional Sports, do you know where the first man on the moon was from?  OHIO!  Hell even the MOB wanted to hold down Ohio.

I grew up in Youngstown Ohio and am 39 years old, which means I was around for all the OGs that you Retro junkies jump on.  JB had just begun to even show up in the stores...first pair of J's I bought, in a store, were the 5s.  But the Bron Fan from the 330 is correct, that area does its own thing.  When I grew up we rocked Fila, BKs (do you even know what that stands for) old school Run DMCs adidas Brougham the OG year of the snake Nike Air Python (first pimp nikes IMO)...nike trainers...everything was street...not fashion, and kids in this demographic were the original targets for big marketing.  

AF1s or flat bottom shoes are at that time and still to this day are more "limp-wristed" shoes and you had to live in Cali to wear those because only pretty boys wore them.  Most of Ohio is Hood...and is known more for a rugged style.

And if you're so sure no one is looking at Ohio for anything why are you in a Lebron (Product of Ohio) thread discussing his shoes???  I respect everyone's sneaker game and choice, but you start talking on cities and what we represent you cross lines...when was the last time you rolled through cleveland heights?  To this day I'm pretty confident if you showed up in your pretty white "Hare Jordans" you'd get stomped by the guy wearing the matching du-rag. 

laugh.gif

I was in high school when these dropped I had just moved up out of the 330 so I was sold all the way in on the LBJ movement but even then I thought these were wack as hell. Nobody I knew was rocking these, it was JB or AF1. Just because YOU were on them doesn't mean they were hot, you can't re-write history bruh.

The 'Wheat' basketball shoe popularity was definitely a region specific thing. The Adidas ADAN and some other Adidas wheat b-ball joint were really popular in Toronto back in '02-'03. The 'Wheat' AZG dropped a little late in the game and hit the outlets hard where most people scooped them up and destroyed them.

Last edited:
The 'Wheat' basketball shoe popularity was definitely a region specific thing. The Adidas ADAN and some other Adidas wheat b-ball joint were really popular in Toronto back in '02-'03. The 'Wheat' AZG dropped a little late in the game and hit the outlets hard.
Repped for the ADAN ref...those were the OG Wheat (uncomfortable as ****)!

To catch up.

Those ID's are waaay better than the Retail version of the "Settings" for all the differences mentioned.

The Plate, The Sole, and not sure how anyone can think a custom built shoe is less quality than a mass produced assembly line one.

I owed three pairs of the Zoom Gens and they made my feet sore just walking around on them for a few hours.  I GAVE them all away.

The Lebron Line will release the following XII's in two years:

The Hairlines
The Fingernails
The Jason Terrys
The The Gror's (Grey/Orange)
The Blacks (Blue/Black)
The Lockers (whatever the first shoe that shows up on NT sitting in Brons locker)
The 60% Pack  (Every Shoe he wore while shooting 60% from the field)

That should keep folks PURTY happy..

The 'Wheat' basketball shoe popularity was definitely a region specific thing. The Adidas ADAN and some other Adidas wheat b-ball joint were really popular in Toronto back in '02-'03. The 'Wheat' AZG dropped a little late in the game and hit the outlets hard where most people scooped them up and destroyed them.
Pretty much this. I still remember every mom in Ohio buying there son the AZG for basketball season
laugh.gif

everyday i get a laugh on here....first dude asked thinkin bout paying 245 for prizms, then dude tryna validate ohio as a trendsetter. Lebron might be from there but even he dont be kickin it wit dem folks like dat! cmon with the jokes man

I don't care who you are if your doggin on the Wheat you just weren't around for that. We're talking almost ten years. Think of yourself ten years ago. You would of bought an ALL STARS shoe especially lebrons regardless and back then this type of style was kinda dope with the right pants anyways so young boys chill out
This. I remember when these dropped in KC. People were going crazy. But back then we also wore Timbs with shorts. Man how times have changed. AZG are one of my favorite Lebrons minus the lows. Hope they retro soon. Destroyed all of mine hooping outside.

People on here just love to argue man LOL

Those home Floridians are super clean

I'm glad the price tag id $280, more reason for me to start on my KD collection. I might buy replica Lebrons here on out just to make a statement. "Shoe looks pretty good, but not for THAT freaking much"

Prisms or Lavas: Which one do you guys thinks look better in person? Im deadlocked....
lava's  hands down.  especially if you swap laces like homie did with the BHM's. 

also those floridian id's are crazy nice.  i might have to steal that, damn. 

and i agree on scooping up durance.  nice to see a signature model that's getting so much push behind it but remaining affordable.  shoe's reflect the player.  i'm becoming more and more of a fan

Is $245 shipped too much for Prisms? I would use them for ball anyways so I'm hesitant to pay that much.

For anyone interested http://www.kickz.com/en/ still has some good sizes/prices left.
Way too much.

Someone posted a Nordstroms' link that had a FSR of the Prisms at retail.

In fact, HERE IT IS

Edit:

Looks like the Prisms are no longer available.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom