Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people are reacting to the Suede on the X because it seemed Nike was sticking to the hyper fuse uppers and anything other would be NSW non performance releases with insane price increases on the already outrageously priced model. To see Lebron playing in what is deemed "Premium" material is just further confirmation Nike gives no damns about the consumer's wants. I think that's the Suede reaction you're seeing in this thread. Has nothing to do with the 8's or any other past model, has everything to do with that material being used on a performance X...

+1

couldnt have said it better..

Most people are reacting to the Suede on the X because it seemed Nike was sticking to the hyper fuse uppers and anything other would be NSW non performance releases with insane price increases on the already outrageously priced model. To see Lebron playing in what is deemed "Premium" material is just further confirmation Nike gives no damns about the consumer's wants. I think that's the Suede reaction you're seeing in this thread. Has nothing to do with the 8's or any other past model, has everything to do with that material being used on a performance X...

100% spot on

I see what your saying.....

But understand, ain't nothing premium about nubuck/suede. It's been done too many damn times for a premium anything to be associated with it. Is my Blk/Red Pippen 1s premium? Is my Penny 1s premium?

I own too many nubuck/suede sneakers to see Lebron playing in one pair & start losing my mind acting like it ain't been done before.

Ya'll keep hyping up ****. The next move for Team Lebron & them is to drop the same option that went to outlets on this shoe.....& charge $250 plus for it. You know that's coming. :smh:

Last edited:
BBtfK6ICYAE1MMc.jpg

I'm all for premium mats on any performance shoe really. I wear my rotation to the office 5 days a week, so having nice leather or suede on some 'performance shoes' is always welcome in my mind. Makes for some awesome office ball shoes.

To each his own though.

Need to c mre pics of ghe suede pairs..... though the majority seem to like em
We always want what we cant have anyway....
After yhat pic i may say they aight... nothing too special....

Last edited:
I see what your saying.....

But understand, ain't nothing premium about nubuck/suede. It's been done too many damn times for a premium anything to be associated with it. Is my Blk/Red Pippen 1s premium? Is my Penny 1s premium?

I own too many nubuck/suede sneakers to see Lebron playing in one pair & start losing my mind acting like it ain't been done before.

Ya'll keep hyping up ****. The next move for Team Lebron & them is to drop the same option that went to outlets on this shoe.....& charge $250 plus for it. You know that's coming. :smh:

We are not going crazy over the suede. Most are aware suede is not premium material which is why I said what Nike deemed as "Premium". Even the pic of the shoe up there looks NSW-ish. That ankle color doesn't look all that cushioned and that sewn swoosh just screams NSW. That's just interesting, nothing to smack a baby over ya know.

I to this day think the bred 8's are the best bred colorway in the Lebron line. Most has to do with the model, but it's a nice combo of blk and red, plus the suede is nice. I just wish I would have bought a half size up...

Suede X are nice and all esp. with the sewn on swoosh but if it comes with a premium price forget about it. I'll stick with my bred 8s.

Im sorry, but those suede X's are trash.. & to those saying the Bred VIII's sold out ASAP.?

:rofl:

Dog, those sat forever..

Last edited:
SOMETIMES

THREADS NEED TO GET WHACK BEFORE SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENS.

BASED OFF THE LAST FEW PAGES AND THE I$$ STEEZ YALL SHOWING

SOME GOOD NEWS SHOULD BE ROUND DA CORNER

^^^Exactly....

Best $89.99 purchase I made in the last 5 years. But ya'll doing backflips over suede now. :rofl:

Excuse the Pressures in the background. :smokin

The Suede looks really good on the X imo and it's got nothing to do with Nike fooling us into thinking suede is suddenly "premium." It just makes the model look a little better than the Fuse. The suede X looks better than the suede VIII and for me, it's not because I can't have it.

But...

I'm all for premium mats on any performance shoe really. I wear my rotation to the office 5 days a week, so having nice leather or suede on some 'performance shoes' is always welcome in my mind. Makes for some awesome office ball shoes.

To each his own though.

Please don't let Nike fool you. Suede may be a "non-performance" material now that we have stuff like Fuse for the court, but that doesn't make it "premium." But Nike wants us to think "non-performance" automatically means "premium," even though the suede or leather is the cookie-cutter stuff we've seen on Nike GR shoes before. That's just how Nike justifies their price hikes.

Suede is ok, but in looking for a full tumbled or smooth leather upper ie lebron 8 v1 aka the last good lebron IMO

Last edited:
I got a pair of "cutting jades" "china jades" whatever you wanna call them to play ball in because I like zoom air for ball.

I also really liked this flashy green colorway for some reason.  

When i tried them on the midfoot was narrow like every other nike bball shoe nowadays but the zoom system in these was the truth.  

I only paid 155 which made it a bit easier on me to cop.

But the first game in these I sprained my ankle to the point where I thought it was broken.  I returned them promptly.

I feel like the reason for the sprain is that these kicks are at least 1 inch plus off the ground with the huge max zoom bag they put in them. 

Higher center of gravity for the foot wearing these platform kicks is what made my foot just literally fall over when i went up for a rebound and landed slightly off balance.

I feel like if your not Lebron himself you should not wear these for ball.  Lebron is a tank that has a completely customized (wider) version from the GR.

I am 6'5, 200 and more built like kobe so I guess that is why I have rocked the kobe brand since the zk1.  

I can also clearly jump higher in a 10oz shoe compared to a near 20oz shoe.  Shed a pound on the feet you will jump higher.

Never sprained my ankle in the low top versions of the kobe (4,5,6) either.  I ordered a pair of kobe 8s now and by the sounds of it they are right up my alley.

Just my 2 cents about the performance aspect of the shoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom