Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Bron's decision will come down to what he wants more: winning like he says or all the other extra stuff (city lifestyle, endorsements, etc.) If he's making a pure basketball decision: [WINNING as soon as possible] these should be the order of teams he looks at based on what they have in place right now.

1. Chicago Bulls (already have an All-Star PG in Rose and steadily improving player in Noah-may be an All-Star next season, some other decent pieces with Hinrich and Deng. They are really just either a superstar player or two really good players away from being serious championship contenders. Also have some flexibility to move pieces to possibly get ANOTHER max guy along with Bron which would all but assure his place in the Finals)

2. New Jersey Nets (now this all depends on what happens on Tuesday with the Draft Lottery, if they get the No. 1 pick and are able to get John Wall, that team would be scary as well with Bron, a terrific young Center in Brook Lopez and some other decent pieces in Courtney Lee and Terrence Williams. If they do land Wall then that makes Devin Harris expendable and that extra 9 mil in a trade will possibly allow them the ability to get ANOTHER max player as well)

3. Miami Heat (this could be #1 on the list for the simple fact that Dwayne Wade is in the top 3 players in the league today and him and Bron would be a matchup nightmare for every team in the league every night. They have a lot of money to throw around as well and if everything falls right could sign 3 MAX or near Max players (Wade, Bron, Boozer for example). Problem is if he goes there will his ego allow him to make that decision, will if he wins a title, will it be perceived that he had "too much" help. But if he cares about WINNING like he says he does, that won't matter)

4. New York Knicks (I know Knick fans on here will just look at this as hating, but an objective look at the situation shows they have the least amount of pieces in place right now to win. They don't even have a 1st rd draft pick to get a possible good young player. All their hopes lie in the possiblility of another star (Bosh, Amare, Boozer) to come with him. Even then there is no guarantee that those 2 with marginal players-Gallo and Chandler are decent, nothing more will get to the Finals. True they have Curry's contract coming off the books next year and could possibly go after Carmelo Anthony if he opts out of his deal after next season, but that's ANOTHER year of having to endure NOT winning, which he says is his Number 1 goal)

Now I'm not saying the NYK are not a possiblity, because clearly they are a serious player in getting him mostly because of the things OUSTIDE of basketball they can offer Lebron, but conducive to WINNING next year those other 3 scenarios (at least in my opinion) are more attractive.
 I have to agree with your assessment.

x2.. i would put NJN over CHI though. 

Originally Posted by u ttocs

if lebron stays in cleveland and wins more titles than he would in ny, then he would probably make more money in the long run. i think the east coast media and fans desperately want leborn in ny for selfish reasons, so the whole money in ny things is greatly exaggerated. lebron is going to make truck loads of money no matter what city he plays in. at this point in his career it's all about winning titles, if he doesn't win titles he's not going to maximize his value.

If they get rid of a few guys in Cleveland, He can get many there. Is it possible for Lebron to sign for less money so the Cavs have more breathing room?

I also hope He stays because the Cavs have a pre season game here in October.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

Bron's decision will come down to what he wants more: winning like he says or all the other extra stuff (city lifestyle, endorsements, etc.) If he's making a pure basketball decision: [WINNING as soon as possible] these should be the order of teams he looks at based on what they have in place right now.

1. Chicago Bulls (already have an All-Star PG in Rose and steadily improving player in Noah-may be an All-Star next season, some other decent pieces with Hinrich and Deng. They are really just either a superstar player or two really good players away from being serious championship contenders. Also have some flexibility to move pieces to possibly get ANOTHER max guy along with Bron which would all but assure his place in the Finals)

2. New Jersey Nets (now this all depends on what happens on Tuesday with the Draft Lottery, if they get the No. 1 pick and are able to get John Wall, that team would be scary as well with Bron, a terrific young Center in Brook Lopez and some other decent pieces in Courtney Lee and Terrence Williams. If they do land Wall then that makes Devin Harris expendable and that extra 9 mil in a trade will possibly allow them the ability to get ANOTHER max player as well)

3. Miami Heat (this could be #1 on the list for the simple fact that Dwayne Wade is in the top 3 players in the league today and him and Bron would be a matchup nightmare for every team in the league every night. They have a lot of money to throw around as well and if everything falls right could sign 3 MAX or near Max players (Wade, Bron, Boozer for example). Problem is if he goes there will his ego allow him to make that decision, will if he wins a title, will it be perceived that he had "too much" help. But if he cares about WINNING like he says he does, that won't matter)

4. New York Knicks (I know Knick fans on here will just look at this as hating, but an objective look at the situation shows they have the least amount of pieces in place right now to win. They don't even have a 1st rd draft pick to get a possible good young player. All their hopes lie in the possiblility of another star (Bosh, Amare, Boozer) to come with him. Even then there is no guarantee that those 2 with marginal players-Gallo and Chandler are decent, nothing more will get to the Finals. True they have Curry's contract coming off the books next year and could possibly go after Carmelo Anthony if he opts out of his deal after next season, but that's ANOTHER year of having to endure NOT winning, which he says is his Number 1 goal)

Now I'm not saying the NYK are not a possiblity, because clearly they are a serious player in getting him mostly because of the things OUSTIDE of basketball they can offer Lebron, but conducive to WINNING next year those other 3 scenarios (at least in my opinion) are more attractive.

Si. I prefer him going to the Nets over the Bulls and it would be a better team.

I do see the Nets as a possibility, but there's a lot of assumption on the #1 pick being good. I'm not saying Wall will be a bust, but you are expecting him to be an excellent component to LeBron. If the top player coming out was a big man, I could definitely see it, but this assumption about how well Wall is going to do in the league is just that, an assumption. Versus Chicago, where you know you're playing with one of the top PGs in the league. Both teams have the opportunity to get a second max player, so that kind of cancels the other ...

talent-wise the best place for him would be chicago. surrounding him with noah, gibson and rose with their ceilings yet to be reached, this would payoff in the long run. just imagine rose running the break with lebron.
pimp.gif
though an addition of a solid post player wouldn't be so bad too.

If the nets got the number 1 pick I dont know why they wouldnt take evan turner.... devin harris is not the problem in new jersey.. their wing players are terrible and evan turner is a sure thing coming out... no worries about upside or his game translating.. with wall you're going to have to wait a couple of years cause i dont think his game translates as easily as derrick rose and tyreke.... I dunno just last year devin harris was lighting the league up with vince carter... he was the go to guy and everyone was killing the mavs for giving him up, people had him in the top 8-10 pgs.. in the league now yall want to get rid of him for wall.. devin harris when healthy>>> john wall....  Line up of harris, lbj and evan turner is way more intimidating, throw in brook lopez and they're already better on paper than this years cav's team..

Originally Posted by DKnice

If the nets got the number 1 pick I dont know why they wouldnt take evan turner.... devin harris is not the problem in new jersey.. their wing players are terrible and evan turner is a sure thing coming out... no worries about upside or his game translating.. with wall you're going to have to wait a couple of years cause i dont think his game translates as easily as derrick rose and tyreke.... I dunno just last year devin harris was lighting the league up with vince carter... he was the go to guy and everyone was killing the mavs for giving him up, people had him in the top 8-10 pgs.. in the league now yall want to get rid of him for wall.. devin harris when healthy>>> john wall....  Line up of harris, lbj and evan turner is way more intimidating, throw in brook lopez and they're already better on paper than this years cav's team..

devin had an off year, and he was also injured. i don't think he is the problem, but if they get wall, he could be a good trade asset. terrance williams looks like he will be a player in this league. they also have courtney lee, who was solid when he was surrounded with talent in orlando. seem like he didnt give it his all this yr, but with lbj, he could be a better player. that nets team should have not been a 12 win team, they have too much talent.

This is a GREAT post.

Originally Posted by BoTz LuVz 23z

^i concur.

i mean if the nets draft turner their is no reason at all why he shouldn't go there. the rock is a great arena, they will most likely be in BK by 2012, his boy is jay-z, a young nucleus that is better than the bulls, knicks, or heat, and the chance to define his OWN legacy with that franchise. here's what they could look like next year

1. Harris/ courtney lee
2. Turner/ CDR
3. Lebron/ T Will
4. David Lee ? / Yi jianlian
5. lopez / humphries ?

eek.gif

john wall's game was meant for the nba, not college.

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by proper english

Si. I prefer him going to the Nets over the Bulls and it would be a better team.

One of the problems with Bron is that he can't seem to handle the pressure
What other play has endured pressure like he has the past decade in sports as a prodigy/savior to a franchise? I'd say he's lived up to it for the most part. 1 somewhat bad series and he can't handle pressure.
laugh.gif

My thoughts...sorry, it's long
Chicago

I’m in the extreme minority with this mindset but I don’tconsider Chicago a serious destination for LeBron if they can’t swing a sign& trade for Bosh, which at this point in time I think has very little chanceof happening.  Toronto is not going totake Luol Deng in return, he’s one of the worst contracts in the NBA.  Toronto would be doubly-screwing themselvesby taking on Deng, they’d lose their best player in Bosh and kill their capflexibility in the future with an overpaid, unathletic SF who is probably theworst defensive starting SF in the league and is average at creating his ownshot.  The only way I see Bosh landing inChicago is for Noah and draft picks and maybe another player (which Chicagoshould do if possible).

The second issue with Chicago is, some will think I’m crazy,Derrick Rose.  I love Rose’s game, butanswer me this...  what do MJ, Kobe andWade all have him common when they won titles? They did it without a dominant point guard.  LBJ is just like those three, he dominatesthe ball.  By adding LBJ to Chicago, you’rereducing Rose’s effectiveness because he’s going to have to play off-the-ballway more often he should because LeBron will be dominating the ball a goodamount of time.  So LBJ, who wouldfinally be getting a Robin to his Batman, will be hurting Rose’seffectiveness.  LeBron needs to be pairedwith a big man who is a major scoring threat (Bosh or Amare).  Rose is the least ideal Robin for LBJ.

The third issue is the head coaching situation.  Who’s going to be Chicago’s coach?  LeBron finally realized how terrible MikeBrown is, I don’t see him going to play for some unproven coach.  Byron Scott? John Calipari (disaster waiting to happen, almost hope it does to see itcrash n burn)?  LBJ may want Calipari (noone knows for sure) but just like MJ during his playing days, LBJ is an awful “wannabeGM

Originally Posted by Al3xis

One of the problems with Bron is that he can't seem to handle the pressure
What other play has endured pressure like he has the past decade in sports as a prodigy/savior to a franchise? I'd say he's lived up to it for the most part. 1 somewhat bad series and he can't handle pressure.
laugh.gif

Well by pressure, I meant burden of having to finish the game and be that killer when his team isn't playing well. It was really disappointing that he waited so long in Game 6 to try and get that win and Game 5 was inexcusable. He's shown it at times before (ala Detroit in Game 5), but having that takeover guy who wants it at the end (ala D-Wade) would help him out tremendously.  

ehh wrote:
The big issues for New York are that 2010-11 will be atransition year with no chance of winning a title.  However, I don’t believe that ANY of his possibledestinations (Clev, Chi, NJ, NY or even Miami) have a realistic chance atwinning the title next year.

same here. chicago has one great player and noah is very good. but that's it. van gundy agrees.

Jeff Van Gundy doesn't believe that simply signing LeBron James would make the Bulls a title contender.

Van Gundy acknowledges that James would make Chicago better, but doesn't think they'd immediately be among the NBA's elite.

"Any team that gets him along with Derrick Rose and [Joakim] Noah,you're going to have a good team," Van Gundy said before Game 1 of theEastern Conference finals on Sunday.

"A lot depends on how much they have to give up to get him. If it'sa sign and trade, what other moves they'd make, but I would not thinkthey would be a championship-caliber team right away. But I thinkthey'll be a top-3 or -4 team."

Van Gundy added that he isn't sure where James will sign.

"I think there's a lot of opinions, but I don't think there's any informed opinions," he said.

"So I have no idea, nor does anyone else, except him. He'll make thedecision that's best for him, and still, the team that adds him isgoing to have to play well to win a championship. We've seen the lasttwo years in Cleveland, they have very good teams, but they haven'tbeen able to get it done."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...dy_bulls_need_more_than_lebron/#ixzz0o8FYBe4j

Yeah, but..I think this series has been the exception for the most part. He's embraced that role just about every other time it's presented itself (Detroit in 07, vs Boston in game 7 in 08, and he didn't shy away from anything last year)

Anyone post that the "Stays Here" billboard has already been removed? LOL.

The Bulls salary going into next year is $31 million. If in theory they sign Bron that will put their salary at 50 million. The cap is going to be around 56 or 57 million dollars next year, that's still enough money (7 mil) to go out and sign a capable shooter (Ray Allen or Kyle Korver or a servicable big). They have options to even if Bosh doesn't come. And Hinrich at the least is a piece they could move (there was interest before the trade deadline in him).

New York on the other hand after signing Bron and or Bosh will be right at the cap number with $55 million dollars and still some 6 roster spots to fill. They aren't going to be able to get many if any other decent players around those two.

The Bulls salary going into next year is $31 million. If in theory they sign Bron that will put their salary at 50 million. The cap is going to be around 56 or 57 million dollars next year, that's still enough money (7 mil) to go out and sign a capable shooter (Ray Allen or Kyle Korver or a servicable big). They have options to even if Bosh doesn't come. And Hinrich at the least is a piece they could move (there was interest before the trade deadline in him).
The Bulls have options but I still don't see how any non-Bosh scenario makes Chicago a title contender next year or the few years after.  Plus we have no idea how much Ray Ray is going to demand for a salary.  He's declining but may still want one more decent sized 2 year deal from someone for more than Chicago can afford.

are the Bulls capable of winning a title next year with LeBron?

If in theory they sign Bron that will put their salary at 50 million.The cap is going to be around 56 or 57 million dollars next year,that's still enough money (7 mil) to go out and sign a capable shooter(Ray Allen or Kyle Korver or a servicable big).
sure, but then they'd also need to fill out roster spots 8-12 with base salaries. Bulls only have 6 guys on contract for next season.

Which is also why the Bosh talk is particularly funny to me. If the Bulls could pull a miracle out and sign and trade Deng, they'd have 7 guys on the roster including Bosh and LeBron with no cap room.

If the Knicks sign LeBron and Bosh, they'd have 7 guys with no cap room.

One of these teams is killed for it, the other is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom