Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the problems with Bron is that he can't seem to handle the pressure, so getting another mega superstar would definitely alleviate some of that. If they all 3 go to the Heat, ain't no reason to even watch the season next year, just hand them the trophy.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by primetime21

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by DubA169

just imagine if the knicks were the bulls

*no shooters except for hinrich once out of every 6 games
*a couple of really bad contracts
*no coach
* GM got into a fist fight with their last coach
*an owner who broke up one of the best teams in history when they could have won 2 more chips
* player publicly spoke bad about lebrons home state multiple times and has altercations with him in the past

we would be getting blasted in the press

the media is trying to shame him into not going to NYC. they will say if he was all about winning he would go to CHI. and it would be immoral to just go chase money and fame in NYC. (even though our core is fine)

read hacks like  boussard who actually try to say lebrons shouldn't come because hip hop in NYC is dead and the garden is a dump 
laugh.gif

i mean they are trying so damn hard.

the

I think some of yall ignored this
nerd.gif

the former gm broke up the team not the owner and paxson is not the gm anymore.and you have think about it we just had a young point guard in the all star game and noah just had a monster series vs the cavs and had a good season too thats why i think some people would look at chicago as a possible place for him to go the no coach thing do  scare me tho. and espn HATES chicago they always bashing my city no matter what moves we make they bash us (jay cutler,jake peavy,peppers and other moves) i bet my screen name if lebron comes here their would be nothing but hate from espn. boussard is a clown no one should listen to him.
laugh.gif

yes espn does hate chicago my chi gets no respect the whole time we had the celtics against the ropes we were just gettin lucky according to them anybody that watches espn knows they are a ny & boston biased they love yank's,red sox,celtics,pats...etc we ge no love or respect i honestly think thats why were all in here so serious ppl are very serious about lbj to the red & black

Originally Posted by illfrozn

To those talking about Noah/LeBron relationship, remember Rodman socked Pippen? If he didn't sock him, I swear he madly flagrantly fouled him ...

kobe and artest seems to be working out, though they had a rough series last year

Originally Posted by tylerdub

So much basketball stupidity in this thread.
I just wanted to address one item that keeps getting raised. People are saying that the Broussard story is creating all this hype that was never there. Fans in Chicago have been talking about landing Lebron for months. This story has just bumped the speculation up a notch.
thank you

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

wasnt lebron beefing with noah? talking this and that
Are you serious?

Rodman was a Bad Boy Piston. He was also a 3-peat champ with Jordan.
Shaq said Nash devalued the MVP award. Then signed with the Suns.
Antwan Jamison was a Wizard.
Rondo was beefing with Doc Rivers.

That's without even trying to scratch the surface of anything. Grown men with strong opinions are going to beef. It's inevitable.

beat me to posting this it doesnt matter when it come to winning chips all bs is set aside when it comes to winning chips fam

oh &

Andrew630 wrote:
Curry/Watson
Morrow/Williams
Lebron/FA
Randolph/Wright
Hunter/FA

This is assuming we have to get rid of Monta, Maggette, Biedrins and possibly our first rounder for the chosen one.

Good fit for Lebron.
lebronjamesgsw.jpg

your nuts only time you guys will se LBJ is when he dropping 25,10,15 on you in the reg season.......   LBJ to the warriors
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

One of the problems with Bron is that he can't seem to handle the pressure, so getting another mega superstar would definitely alleviate some of that. If they all 3 go to the Heat, ain't no reason to even watch the season next year, just hand them the trophy.
smh.gif
I really don't think that "pressure" is the problem with LeBron at all. I think people have to realize one day that LeBron is a man. A freakishly athletic man, but still a man. LeBron's game has glaring limits, but his athleticism makes up for areas he lacks in... most of the time. Until LeBron develops a mid-range game, he will always have problem with a team with Glen Davis and Kendrick Perkins in the post. They are simply too damn big for him to "create contact" and have his way like he usually does. We can throw out all of the rumored weights of LeBron that we want (250. No, wait: 265. Hold on: I think it's 270). Well news flash: Glen Davis is "listed" at 289 while Kendrick Perkins is "listed" at 280. These are not normal-sized big men. Everyone wants to shout out how LeBron is built for football. Well what do you think those two were built for? Check the Pistons roster that LeBron scored 25 straight against, then check these Celtics. Two players that weigh over 280 each is simply too much for a guy who is a "facing-the-basket, in-the-paint" scorer.

Besides the "loyalty" cue that Garnette gave LeBron, another cue he should take is that Garnett simply COOKED O'Neal in game 6 with the mid-range game. One of the sadder moments in my recent memory of the NBA was watching the best player in the game settling into a midrange post-up like some past greats, feeling out his defender by leaning back like some past greats, and then having NO IDEA of what to do next. That's not a result of too much pressure. That is a result of having neither the energy to run into the post anymore nor the trust in your outside shot. Add that to a team whose energy level is directly dependent on LeBron's body language and you have a recipe for disaster (an even more potent recipe than representing the city of Cleveland).

Lebron offense become overrated whenever he play against big/tall team that can play D ala Magics, Celtic, etc. Time for him to start working on a midrange game . You can't drive or bulldoze into the lane and expect to get calls all the time...

After all this slurping, I might jus be the only NYer that hopes he stays where he's at. %+!! the slurping. I never seen this much D'riding before in my life. @+%%%@ acting like he some prophet in NY. Let's be honest. With the managment and luck that we have, he's !+$$%+...

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

After all this slurping, I might jus be the only NYer that hopes he stays where he's at. %+!! the slurping. I never seen this much D'riding before in my life. @+%%%@ acting like he some prophet in NY. Let's be honest. With the managment and luck that we have, he's !+$$%+...

laugh.gif

I'm not alone in hoping He stays. All this speculation and what if him and Wade or Bosh play together stuff is going over board. Why a basketball fan want the them on one team instead of going head to head in the playoffs?

Plus all this New York/Chicago talk is 
sick.gif

Very random but I wish Cincy had an NBA team again. I feel left out.

Well considering Bosh didn't make it to the playoffs, Wade and the Tito Jackson's got bounced early, and Lebron took another early exit two years in a row, it's not like we're seeing that many epic battles between superstars or they're advancing to the Finals.

You're saying people weren't loving the Big 3 joining together in Boston and winning a title? Pau put Kobe over the top, etc. Teams need the talent, and I'd rather see a few of these superstars join up and be competitive than toil away on .500 teams hoping to sniff the playoffs.

There's still going to be plenty of superstar matchups, plenty of great playoff battles, all of that is still going to happen if LBJ and Bosh, or Wade and Amare, or JJ and Chicago, or whoever team up together.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

How much of a bust is all this gonna be if Lebron were to re-up with the Cavs?

I'd chuckle.
Major bust followed by this gif being used again...

35cne6x.gif

and...

14knicks.2.600.jpg

Well considering Bosh didn't make it to the playoffs, Wade and the Tito Jackson's got bounced early, and Lebron took another early exit two years in a row, it's not like we're seeing that many epic battles between superstars or they're advancing to the Finals.

You're saying people weren't loving the Big 3 joining together in Boston and winning a title? Pau put Kobe over the top, etc. Teams need the talent, and I'd rather see a few of these superstars join up and be competitive than toil away on .500 teams hoping to sniff the playoffs.

There's still going to be plenty of superstar matchups, plenty of great playoff battles, all of that is still going to happen if LBJ and Bosh, or Wade and Amare, or JJ and Chicago, or whoever team up together.
I can deal with LBJ and Bosh. But not Lebron and Wade. I mean this is sounding like NBA Live back in the day when people made mega teams by stacking stars.

Originally Posted by DubA169

that article is a giant crock of !#%$

if you don't think he can make more money in NYC long term then you are a *%@@%$* idiot. i'll argue about better fit, better teams, loyalty this and that. money? nope. not fooling me in the least bit

LOL, who's trying to "fool" you? There was no bias in the article whatsoever for you to feel that way...and "idiot", really? Who, Darren Rovell, who knows about the business side of sports more than you or I, and gets paid to report on such?

Obviously winning a championship in NY would be the the perfect scenario for him on all fronts, but that wouldnt be the case (at least not early, and prolly not during his physical prime). And actually, at the end of the day, LeBron will never reach that Jordan-level status he's reaching for regardless of how many rings he wins in whatever market, for numerous reasons that have nothing to do with him. But the point of the article was, LeBron would make any more money long-term by winning rings than from just playing in NY (and ended up not winning there), and gave his reasoning by dispelling false notions that the sports media continue to run with.

yeah he dropped such knowledge. mentioning china. what a brilliant guy. never mind all those tourists from china constantly going to NYC who will get to discover lebron first hand. or never mind the fact that he will compete for a championship in new york if he has that number 2.
how can you say he probably won't win in new york in his physical prime? we don't know who is going to be on the team.

he really says people think he would sell more shoes in new york, and maybe they are right, which would get him more royalties money. maybe? how about it's a fact. his sneaker sales will not be going down when he moves to a basketball city full of 8 million people.

he says that if the knicks are losing with lebron then they won't be relevant. get out of here. lebron could be in the top 4 in the east even without Bosh. a team with him he will never be irrelevant, especially the knicks. so instead of looking at how NYC could help him, they go out of their way to present the worst case scenario mode. like a team with lebron is really gonna be struggling. and he won't sell alot of shoes here. and he won't get more money from local ads here than he would in CLE.

they downplay anything positive that would happen for him in new york. they don't mention the restaurants, bars, clubs, gyms he could open. clothing line, books,movies etc. 

Bron's decision will come down to what he wants more: winning like he says or all the other extra stuff (city lifestyle, endorsements, etc.) If he's making a pure basketball decision: [WINNING as soon as possible] these should be the order of teams he looks at based on what they have in place right now.

1. Chicago Bulls (already have an All-Star PG in Rose and steadily improving player in Noah-may be an All-Star next season, some other decent pieces with Hinrich and Deng. They are really just either a superstar player or two really good players away from being serious championship contenders. Also have some flexibility to move pieces to possibly get ANOTHER max guy along with Bron which would all but assure his place in the Finals)

2. New Jersey Nets (now this all depends on what happens on Tuesday with the Draft Lottery, if they get the No. 1 pick and are able to get John Wall, that team would be scary as well with Bron, a terrific young Center in Brook Lopez and some other decent pieces in Courtney Lee and Terrence Williams. If they do land Wall then that makes Devin Harris expendable and that extra 9 mil in a trade will possibly allow them the ability to get ANOTHER max player as well)

3. Miami Heat (this could be #1 on the list for the simple fact that Dwayne Wade is in the top 3 players in the league today and him and Bron would be a matchup nightmare for every team in the league every night. They have a lot of money to throw around as well and if everything falls right could sign 3 MAX or near Max players (Wade, Bron, Boozer for example). Problem is if he goes there will his ego allow him to make that decision, will if he wins a title, will it be perceived that he had "too much" help. But if he cares about WINNING like he says he does, that won't matter)

4. New York Knicks (I know Knick fans on here will just look at this as hating, but an objective look at the situation shows they have the least amount of pieces in place right now to win. They don't even have a 1st rd draft pick to get a possible good young player. All their hopes lie in the possiblility of another star (Bosh, Amare, Boozer) to come with him. Even then there is no guarantee that those 2 with marginal players-Gallo and Chandler are decent, nothing more will get to the Finals. True they have Curry's contract coming off the books next year and could possibly go after Carmelo Anthony if he opts out of his deal after next season, but that's ANOTHER year of having to endure NOT winning, which he says is his Number 1 goal)

Now I'm not saying the NYK are not a possiblity, because clearly they are a serious player in getting him mostly because of the things OUSTIDE of basketball they can offer Lebron, but conducive to WINNING next year those other 3 scenarios (at least in my opinion) are more attractive.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Bron's decision will come down to what he wants more: winning like he says or all the other extra stuff (city lifestyle, endorsements, etc.) If he's making a pure basketball decision: [WINNING as soon as possible] these should be the order of teams he looks at based on what they have in place right now.

1. Chicago Bulls (already have an All-Star PG in Rose and steadily improving player in Noah-may be an All-Star next season, some other decent pieces with Hinrich and Deng. They are really just either a superstar player or two really good players away from being serious championship contenders. Also have some flexibility to move pieces to possibly get ANOTHER max guy along with Bron which would all but assure his place in the Finals)

2. New Jersey Nets (now this all depends on what happens on Tuesday with the Draft Lottery, if they get the No. 1 pick and are able to get John Wall, that team would be scary as well with Bron, a terrific young Center in Brook Lopez and some other decent pieces in Courtney Lee and Terrence Williams. If they do land Wall then that makes Devin Harris expendable and that extra 9 mil in a trade will possibly allow them the ability to get ANOTHER max player as well)

3. Miami Heat (this could be #1 on the list for the simple fact that Dwayne Wade is in the top 3 players in the league today and him and Bron would be a matchup nightmare for every team in the league every night. They have a lot of money to throw around as well and if everything falls right could sign 3 MAX or near Max players (Wade, Bron, Boozer for example). Problem is if he goes there will his ego allow him to make that decision, will if he wins a title, will it be perceived that he had "too much" help. But if he cares about WINNING like he says he does, that won't matter)

4. New York Knicks (I know Knick fans on here will just look at this as hating, but an objective look at the situation shows they have the least amount of pieces in place right now to win. They don't even have a 1st rd draft pick to get a possible good young player. All their hopes lie in the possiblility of another star (Bosh, Amare, Boozer) to come with him. Even then there is no guarantee that those 2 with marginal players-Gallo and Chandler are decent, nothing more will get to the Finals. True they have Curry's contract coming off the books next year and could possibly go after Carmelo Anthony if he opts out of his deal after next season, but that's ANOTHER year of having to endure NOT winning, which he says is his Number 1 goal)

Now I'm not saying the NYK are not a possiblity, because clearly they are a serious player in getting him mostly because of the things OUSTIDE of basketball they can offer Lebron, but conducive to WINNING next year those other 3 scenarios (at least in my opinion) are more attractive.
 I have to agree with your assessment.

if lebron stays in cleveland and wins more titles than he would in ny, then he would probably make more money in the long run. i think the east coast media and fans desperately want leborn in ny for selfish reasons, so the whole money in ny things is greatly exaggerated. lebron is going to make truck loads of money no matter what city he plays in. at this point in his career it's all about winning titles, if he doesn't win titles he's not going to maximize his value.

%*%% would get real if he signed with the Clippers.

Bdiddy
Gordon
Lebron
B-Griffin
Kaman

Bench -

Blake
Outlaw
Butler
Gooden
Jordan

Clippers are cursed, for the sake of his health he shouldn't go to that graveyard.

^ bdiddy's game after leaving the warriors suddenly fell off. plus griffin could be a bust.
ohwell.gif
i don't like lebron's chances there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom