Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he did all this for attention...I officially lose what VERY little respect I have left for this guy.

I dare any of you to admit then wouldn't be the most pussiest @%#$ ever

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so how come you didnt bold the part about the knicks showing him a wack %*! video also?
Cuz it wasn't whack. The Knicks got the actors from the Sopranos to do a scene dedicated to James.

The Cavs got the guy who help screen write
Accepted.jpg
to write that. Whole thing was dedicated to make fun of the Knicks top office instead of even make jokes about basketball at the least.

Huge *#%%%% difference
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

If he did all this for attention...I officially lose what VERY little respect I have left for this guy.

I dare any of you to admit then wouldn't be the most pussiest !%#! ever

You would just be mad that you didn't benefit from any of this.

I would gain respect for this guy from a business standpoint. This is one the greatest marketing ploys in the history of sports. People haven't stopped talking about this for a while. His Q rating has gone through the roof. People who don't really care now know and talk about this.

This is just a great move for the LeBron brand, whatever happens. Look at how many people know how big he is, how much he means to the sports landscape now.

/\ What benefit would I gain either way?

I'm not a Cavs/Knicks/Bulls/Nets/Heat fan. I wouldn't care if the guy signed with Yugoslavia. But the fact that he's been helping to pump this *$%% for 2 years now just for publicity is uber lame. How is this a marketing ploy? What benefit does this for the "Lebron Brand"?

I don't get it.

/\ What benefit would I gain either way?

I'm not a Cavs/Knicks/Bulls/Nets/Heat fan. I wouldn't care if the guy signed with Yugoslavia. But the fact that he's been helping to pump this *%*+ for 2 years now just for publicity is uber lame. How is this a marketing ploy? What benefit does this for the "Lebron Brand"?

I don't get it.

First off, my bad, thought you were a fan of one of the aforementioned teams. That's what I meant by benefit. My bad.

Let's say LeBron had resigned with the Cavs in December. None of this becomes as big. LeBron is driving all this. I'll repeat what I said:

" People haven't stopped talking about this for a while. His Q rating has gone through the roof. People who don't really care now know and talk about this. "
I'm from Chicago. I'm in NY for a internship this summer. My aunt in NJ asked me about the LeBron situation. She doesn't know !@!* about sports. Just a small anecdote. This hoopla caused that conversation to even happen.

LeBron has been on more minds than ever before. Look at all this press coverage. It's crazy. People on the fringe are beginning to realize how big LeBron is. Obviously, you and I, people who follow sports, know how big is he. But you have to look at fringe consumers being introduced to this entity because of all this coverage. Getting people to talk is never a bad thing.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

LeBron could dress up but he's handled the situation pretty well from what I can tell..

and that's by him not whoring himself out like Bosh/Wade.

Please. He made it a point to grab headlines for this free agency since the beginning. Going on Larry King.
Making announcements during the Finals to stay relevant.

You LeBron fans see what you want.

Originally Posted by AG 47

LeBron could dress up but he's handled the situation pretty well from what I can tell..

Seriously...

This whole website %%!@.
The subtle little %%!@ like the Knicks colored bird in the shoe commercial
Using the Finals as a platform to get attention

I swear...this dude is so fraudulent and is a serious attention !!@%*.  He's helped to push this whole "FA 2010" thing when the whole time this dude knows he's staying in Ohio.

He's +%!+#%% worse than Bosh/Wade. At least they're obvious with it.

How anyone could co-sign this %%!@ is beyond me.

Kobe's an attention !!@%*...he did not stoop this low in 2004.

^I really don't think you understand the entire concept of marketing. It's not to avoid attention. He wants people talking about him. This whole FA saga is genius. You really think the people he actually wants to reach, those fringe consumers, those moms that will buy his brand because he's big, care about all this. They don't. You know he wants to be the richest athlete of all time right? He wants cologne with his likeness on it, be in underwear ads, have his name on everybody's tongue... I'm talking about a special someone here.

Can't you say the same thing about Michael Jordan with all his commercials and everything? He was in the public's attention unlike any other athlete. People should have been calling him an attention-!$%+@ no? He never had the benefit of free agency and constant press coverage. I'm pretty sure he would have abused the media just like LeBron. It's just effective marketing. You call it fradulent; I call it business-savvy.

You'll never probably know LeBron the real person. It sucks. Here's a late welcome into the age of the Corporate Athlete.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Kobe wanted to be an attention $#%*@ though. Rape charges stop plans like that .......

/\ He only entertained that Clippers !**$ after the Shaq beef...which was after the rape !**$. During his "decision" period...nobody gave a !**$ about the rape charge. My point is...he didn't +@#@% the !**$ out. Period.

I really don't think you understand the entire concept of marketing.It's not to avoid attention. He wants people talking about him. Thiswhole FA saga is genius. You really think the people he actually wantsto reach, those fringe consumers, those moms that will buy his brandbecause he's big, care about all this. They don't. You know he wants tobe the richest athlete of all time right? He wants cologne with hislikeness on it, be in underwear ads, have his name on everybody'stongue... I'm talking about a special someone here.
And if doing !**$ like this is the way to go about doing it...color me unimpressed. If you co-sign it...so be it.

Can't you say the same thing about Michael Jordan with all hiscommercials and everything? He was in the public's attention unlike anyother athlete. People should have been calling him an attention-!$%+@no?
I really don't have to explain this one. You know the difference so I'm not sure why you even brought this up.
You'll never probably know LeBron the real person. It sucks. Here's a late welcome into the age of the Corporate Athlete.
Sure won't...and never will you. Nor do any of us need to. All that really matters is what he does on the court. But everything that I see from him equals a lame. You see whatever you want to.

The thing is, your opinion doesn't matter. Neither does mine. You see that right? You are already a sports fan as am I. We are already in his realm. You just said you only care what he does on the court. He's trying to reach people who don't care that much. And those people are diving that much into this issue.

Again, all this is moot if he leaves Cleveland. Then all this hoopla would have been valid.

I don't see him leaving, thus me saying its all a big marketing scheme.

The best marketing for an athlete is winning. Handle that everything else they want follow.

You're giving Bron far too much credit.

Im Not You wrote:
Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Kobe wanted to be an attention $#%*@ though. Rape charges stop plans like that .......

/\ He only entertained that Clippers !**$ after the Shaq beef...which was after the rape !**$. During his "decision" period...nobody gave a !**$ about the rape charge. My point is...he didn't +@#@% the !**$ out. Period.

I really don't think you understand the entire concept of marketing. It's not to avoid attention. He wants people talking about him. This whole FA saga is genius. You really think the people he actually wants to reach, those fringe consumers, those moms that will buy his brand because he's big, care about all this. They don't. You know he wants to be the richest athlete of all time right? He wants cologne with his likeness on it, be in underwear ads, have his name on everybody's tongue... I'm talking about a special someone here.
And if doing !**$ like this is the way to go about doing it...color me unimpressed. If you co-sign it...so be it.

Can't you say the same thing about Michael Jordan with all his commercials and everything? He was in the public's attention unlike any other athlete. People should have been calling him an attention-!$%+@ no?
I really don't have to explain this one. You know the difference so I'm not sure why you even brought this up.
Sure won't...and never will you. Nor do any of us need to. All that really matters is what he does on the court. But everything that I see from him equals a lame. You see whatever you want to.

He announced he was opting out a YEAR before. Thats what I was saying. The plan was to go around and shop himself in a similar fashion to Lebron.
He entertained the Bulls too during his fa period. Nothing close to this though.

I think that Wade and Bosh are doing it to ride the marketing coatails of Lebron. Amare is the only somewhat major guy who isnt doing this and I respect him for getting the most money he could on his basketball contract.
The best marketing for an athlete is winning, but right now were seeing Lebron getting ready to market himself for long after he stops playing basketball.
Plus none of these options are guaranteed to bring him titles even if he, Joe Johnson, Bosh and Derrick Rose end up on the same team.

Lebron has to become a multi faceted billion dollar brand ( at least in his mind) and the only way to do that is to relaunch websites during free agency, let the media know where your pitch meetings are taking place and have every basketball fan, executive on madison ave and the folks at nike on the edge of their seats.
Nike's stock could go up 2-3 dollars if Lebron leaves Cleveland. It could even go up if he stays in Cleveland. You have got to understand that although I will admit it seems corny, hes doing this because since he hired his friends his brands value has gone down. His shoes have underperformed consistantly, and although hes the best name in terms of an athlete right now its much more effiecnt to pay a Dwight Howard, or a Wade, or a Garnett ( with a couple young guys I would watch Durant, Rose) a little over half of what Lebron comands to effectively market your product.

I am of the opinion that Lebron cannot win right now.  The winning thing wont make his marketing much better if the media mentions how he had to abandon his home state team to get there. And any boost Nike gets would be temporary because they have taken the realism out of Lebron and made him a puppet. I'm not saying he has to display any political views, I'm not saying you need to make Lebron more street. I'm saying that Lebron and his marketing lack any sort of edge. If thats indictive of his personality so be it. But it means also that Lebron and his attention whoring have made him less marketable. Imagine if he does this again three years from now? Not only will fans of the NBA be tired of his what will be then characterized as diva activity, but the fringe consumer will be less enthused with Lebron because if he stays in Cleveland they will more than likely not be able to make the moves to win a title.

The Cavs have played their screwups perfectly. They should have did what ever they could to get Amare instead of Jamison.
But now were watching them litterally force Lebron's marketing team and his single most coveted resource (money) to force Lebron back.

I hope he doesn't sign with Cleveland. These other teams are loading up. Loyalty will get you ring-less. He's gonna have a crazy stats with no rings. His career may end up like Oscar Robertson, great player but has one ring to show for it.Oscar didn't win one until Lu Alcindor came along. I just can't see him winning in Cleveland.....:/

Please. He made it a point to grab headlines for this free agency since the beginning. Going on Larry King.

well, I'm talking about July 1st on.

Unlike most on here, I could care less what a player is like off the floor or what we perceive their personality to be like. I don't know and I don't care.

I am a fan of LeBron James the basketball player, could care less what else he does.

Yeah at least he isn't walking around with cameras or talking about being in a NY State of Mind, or close to joining the Bulls when he knows damn well he's staying put. I think Lebron is a bit unsure with what he wants to do, unlike these other guys who are just having fun with this entire process.

Unlike most on here, I could care less what a player is like off the floor or what we perceive their personality to be like. I don't know and I don't care.
Correct me if I'm wrong...but I swear your hate for Brandon Jennings went beyond what he did on the floor.

^Seriously. Even with the off-the-court stuff, people take it too personally. You act like grabbing attention is a bad thing when you are in his shoes and have his goals... I don't get it. He's looking past us with his marketing. He already has "us". He took advantage of this opportunity. He's playing chess right now; yall want him to play checkers.

yeah...again...I'll say "meh" to all of the marketing BS.

Win some games and you'll be marketed just fine.

Either way you slice it...all this BS is unnecessary...and that's just how I feel.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I swear your hate for Brandon Jennings went beyond what he did on the floor.
My disdain for him started with his shoot first PG game. But Extra stuff did not help, no.

well, I'm talking about July 1st on.

I am a fan of LeBron James the basketball player, could care less what else he does.

but you call kobe out for been "fake" or "corny"

My disdain for him started with his shoot first PG game. But Extra stuff did not help, no.
That's my thing. The extra stuff.

As a Knick fan...I don't see how ya'll don't feel some type of way if this was all a PR stunt and he never had any intentions of going to NY. Sure...you can find solace in a consolation prize of Amare Stoudemire...but you got to give Lebron a side eye for playing with ya'll emotions for a couple of years now.

Again...this is all under the pretense that he planned to sign with Cleveland all along...which is what I believe now. I was duped into thinking he might have really been trying to jump ship. Just like I was duped into thinking Kobe would have actually signed with the Clippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom