Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by bob4rmmarketing

Originally Posted by knightngale

Wade said "arguably the best trio to ever play the game"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
LOL please name one better
Magic, Worthy, Kareem. 

lmao. kareem was 34 . and we talking about worthy here? wow
If my memory serves me correct, they won titles. And if your laughing about one of the 50 greatest players of all time in James Worthy, you are borderline insane. And that's just ONE trio that was better.  Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish. Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, in their FIRST year got a title, so put them over Lebron, D-Wade, and Bosh. HELL even Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen because even they got a ring. Lebron is an amazing basketball player. Dwayne Wade is an amazing basketball player. Chris Bosh, not even top 10 in the league. There goes your trio.

bob. come on. only reason worthy was renamed top 50 greatest was because his rings playing alongside of magic and kareem.
at his talent level, he's not top 50 greatest.

worthy wouldn't even smelll rings if he was the go to guy.  come on bob....really
Isn't your logic flawed, since the only guy in your trio that has won a ring as the "go to guy" is Wade.  James couldn't do it, Bosh never got close.

lol this guy. GM def would let these guys be the franchise. obviously its hard to win by 1 sidekick these days.
GMs wouldn't even THINK about putting worthy as their franchise player.

how can you not see that? lol...

dont waste your time and just watch your lakers

so they cant say they are the best trio ever because jordan pippen and rodman were better than them as were magic kareem and worthy yet lebron ruined his legacy by going to miami and will never be mentioned along magic and jordan?

I've never seen an athlete throw away their legacy and fans so quickly. He can win 10 rings and he's still never going to be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan or even Kobe. What a bum. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

You know your legacy is over when neutral fans want you to lose because you basically admitted you are not a winner and need to attach yourself like a barnicle to somehow who actually is a winner.

Originally Posted by DubA169

worthy wouldn't even smelll rings if he was the go to guy.  come on bob....really

neither would Bosh.

Bron also just told us he can't win a ring as the main cog on a team. he admitted it on live television for all to see
read above.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Magic, Worthy, Kareem. 

If my memory serves me correct, they won titles. And if your laughing about one of the 50 greatest players of all time in James Worthy, you are borderline insane. And that's just ONE trio that was better.  Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish. Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, in their FIRST year got a title, so put them over Lebron, D-Wade, and Bosh. HELL even Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen because even they got a ring. Lebron is an amazing basketball player. Dwayne Wade is an amazing basketball player. Chris Bosh, not even top 10 in the league. There goes your trio.

bob. come on. only reason worthy was renamed top 50 greatest was because his rings playing alongside of magic and kareem.

Burn your keyboard. 1988 NBA FINALS MVP with a triple-double in GAME 7 of the Finals. not top 50 at his talent level??? is Maverick there with you right now?
LOL. 1 game is 1 game. kinda like tony parker going off in the finals.
worthy is a typical sidekick player.

only idiots would think that he'd be the franchise.

GMs would NEVER put him as 1st option.

but then you're not a GM so its cool bob.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Why do people who are not Lebron care about his legacy tho?

why do people care about michael jordans legacy? why do they care about sports teams?? because they are fans.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Magic, Worthy, Kareem. 

Isn't your logic flawed, since the only guy in your trio that has won a ring as the "go to guy" is Wade.  James couldn't do it, Bosh never got close.

lol this guy. GM def would let these guys be the franchise. obviously its hard to win by 1 sidekick these days.

how would we ever possibly know that. He got drafted by the Lakers and unlike Lebron, stayed with them his entire career and won 3 titles. You dont need to franchise a James Worthy if you have a Magic Johnson or a Kareem...but if you didnt have either one of them. You franchise James Worthy. He was a HUGE part of Showtime. Seven time all-star, 3-time NBA Champion. All the hypotheticals in the world isn't changing that. But back to the point, you said name a trio better than the one down there in Miami. Several members have named several different trios. In the immortal words of Dan Gilbert.."take that to the bank"

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Why do people who are not Lebron care about his legacy tho?

why do people care about michael jordans legacy? why do they care about sports teams?? because they are fans.

I'm a fan of sports. Particular the 49ers but I could  not care less where Joe Montana is ranked
team>single player unless it's  boxing

Because if this idiot thinks he is the King, the Chosen1 (which he has tatted on his back) and is self proclaiming other crap, than obviously we are going to judge him on a scale to see if he can match up to his ******ed claims.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Magic, Worthy, Kareem. 

I'm not a Laker fan, but I know better than to say teams didn't want James Worthy as their franchise player.  That's just foolish, either you are really young or you are really ignorant.  Either way you don't know what you are talking about.

so they cant say they are the best trio ever because jordan pippen and rodman were better than them as were magic kareem and worthy yet lebron ruined his legacy by going to miami and will never be mentioned along magic and jordan?
They can say whatever they want, but they continue to put themselves in front of this avalanche of criticism.  He should've saved the best trio comment until they hoist one Larry O'Brien trophy, because right now they haven't done anything.  They aren't even clear cut title favorites at this point.

They need to win some titles before they can call themselves the best trio.

They are sacrificing money, stats and legacies.  It's time to put up or shut up and now they have a huge target on their backs.

Frankly, there have been a few trio's that have accomplished a lot more than these 3.  Can they do it? they certainly can, but they haven't done anything yet.  Some humility would go a long way for this trio.

Jordan/Bulls homer here: When the Bulls acquired Rodman for Will Purdue it was all business.  Jordan had them boys on a mission.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Magic, Worthy, Kareem. 

you realize what Kareem was doing at age 34, right? Already had 2 rings, 6 time MVP, etc etc...
I know its all jokes trying to prop up Lebron but sometimes jokes go too far.

ooIRON MANoo wrote:
They can say whatever they want, but they continue to put themselves in front of this avalanche of criticism.  He should've saved the best trio comment until they hoist one Larry O'Brien trophy, because right now they haven't done anything.  They aren't even clear cut title favorites at this point.

They need to win some titles before they can call themselves the best trio.

They are sacrificing money, stats and legacies.  It's time to put up or shut up and now they have a huge target on their backs.

Frankly, there have been a few trio's that have accomplished a lot more than these 3.  Can they do it? they certainly can, but they haven't done anything yet.  Some humility would go a long way for this trio.

Jordan/Bulls homer here: When the Bulls acquired Rodman for Will Purdue it was all business.  Jordan had them boys on a mission.

i agree with you completely that wade shouldnt had said it. if just kind of baffles me people are naming these better trios which have top 5 players ever in them, but no one is talking about their legacies being ruined.

Lol at lebrons crew calling the cavs at 9 : 01 to let em know he wasn't coming back. The man has no respect. I hope people don't support this clown anymore. That remark he made of riley coming on the court with them and they would still win Smh

Lakers free agent point guard Derek Fisher has a meeting scheduled with Miami Heat president Pat Riley on Saturday, according to a source close to the situation.

Fisher
Fisher's preference remains to re-sign with the Lakers, but he feels the need to explore his options and listen to Riley's pitch after the Heat landed free agents LeBron James and Chris Bosh. Miami also re-signed Dwyane Wade and were reportedly closing in on Mike Miller.

^^ I don't believe for a second Fisher will go to Miami

Not after the Lakers won and Kobe said that the Laker must re-sign him and went on about how important he is to that team

ok let me get this straight... im a knick fan yes but im not salty... you know why because the knicks need leaders and not followers and thats what lebron is... i never understood it but now... he was a cowboys fan and a yankees fan...and that just proves by that alone he is a front runner and he just proved that by joining the heat... as fan in general i am very disappointed more so than him not going to the knicks... i say this because hes supposed to be the best player in the league and in this generation and also in general compared to the greats like jordan but he can't win it by himself and get a championship like kobe or jordan and actually earn it with role players... he actually had to join players that were top 5 in the league just to win 1 and take the easy way out
smh.gif

the more i hear of bosh and lebron, the more i want miami to lose. before yesterday,didnt think twice about questioning these guys.

now i will watch for them to lose, regardless of who they play.

IMO leBron couldnt win no matter what his decision was.

If he stays in Cleveland, hes all about the money.

If he goes to NY/NJ, hes all about the limelight and the fame.

If he goes to Miami, hes taking the easy road to a title.

If he goes to Chicago, he'll NEVER live up to the 90-98 MJ teams.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

^^^
laugh.gif
you still sound salty.... if he went to the knicks he wouldnt be a front runner?

Fans wanted  him to make it difficult on himself. Go where you can succeed

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

Originally Posted by DubA169

100709211617.png
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Bwahahaha.  I'm go keep it 100%, I was gonna type out a long article type post in regards to what LeBron did, but I'm go keep it short. Lebron in making this decision, not only screwed Cleveland, Akron, and all of Northeast Ohio, but it also screwed Nike, the NBA, History, and most importantly LeBron James. A lot of people think we here in Cleveland are mad that he left, and for some that might be true, but the majority of us are mad about the WAY he left. The dude just seemed to not care at all about where he's from, the people that supported him, the communities that raised him, and the fans that cheered and loved him here in this area. And for us to be dumped on NATIONAL TV by one of our own and not shown any respect during the process, it was really shocking and a bit sad. I know dude is a grown human being and has to make the right decision for himself, but a least do it in an honorable manner, be a damn man about it, not a coward and a sucka. And as far as the LeBron James brand is considered? There is no brand, the King is no more, and the Chosen One has died and will not be resurrected. A king does not abandon his people to join forces with another like himself, a king goes down fighting with his people, and he's going to give his all to protect, defend, and be worthy of the honor of being called a king. What LeBron did was quit, give up, turn his back, throw in the towel, and took the easy way out in regards to his legacy as a basketball player Everyone seen how he played against Boston, dude only played 2 good quarters and 1 good game in that whole series. and the elbow?  all a damn act and a cover up for his impending departure, because has anybody heard any news about surgery or treatment sessions? I haven't and the way he made it seem, surgery was a strong possibility. Also, he hurt his brand by letting the world know, I can't be the centerpiece, I can't be the leader, I can't be the one that everybody depends on. His heart wasn't strong enough, nor were his shoulders, so now, Nike will bear the brunt of this dude's decision. All that King James stuff needs to be retired and they need to come up with some new kind of marketing strategy, because LeBron is not the king anymore. That team is Dwayne Wade's team, and marketing LeBron as the king will be stupid if he's not the leader and the face of a franchise. The dude is only 25, why give up so early, why submit, why have to go to another +@%#% team to achieve your goals. Well,  it's because he's not built to lead, and he's finally realized this about himself. The whole process was just complete and utter disrespect, and I actually believe dude probably, reeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllllyyyy didn't want to this, but somebody got in his ear and said, "you want to be a champion, you want to get more rings than Jordan and Kobe, well this is the EASIEST way to do it" and the +@%#% actually agreed with the person, and this person was was probably Maverick Carter. But guess what, he still won't win as many rings as them cats because the cosmos and karma won't let him. He's put out too much bad energy into the universe for him to be rewarded. Fate, destiny, righteousness, and the universe don't work like that, deceit, deception, trickery, and selfishness is not rewarded. The thing about it he will NEVER be Kobe or MJ, he has completely ruined the chance for that to happen. Also, I've actually gained respect for Kobe after watching what LeBron did. At one point in his career, Kobe was in this same situation. The Lakers were terrible, would miss the playoffs or be a first round out. Kobe got pissed but he stuck it out. He didn't turn his back on the franchise and go to greener pastures to play with other stars, cause dammit, he knew he was THE damn star. For some reason though, that kind of thought process never entered LeBron's mind and he actually was in good position with a successful team that just couldn't get over that hump. Success doesn't come without peril and strife, success is part of the process, and success is only the first step, and LeBron didn't even give himself the chance to go through the character building that is part of the process of becoming successful. Why didn't LeBron go through that process, cause he's a front runner, a coward, he's not a alpha male, and he's not a leader, he's just a basketball player with a $%$$ load of talent. But it takes more than that to be a leader, a great, an assassin, a legend, and LeBron ain't built like that.  

So yeah, LeBron a +$%+*, and at some point he"ll probably have a bad injury, and believe me, I don't wish it on the guy, but once karma comes back around, it comes back twice as hard, and I think an injury might be his bad karma, ask Elton Brand about it. LeBron is officially the player I hate most in the NBA, not cause he left, but because of his character and the total disregard he had for the region that he's from. Also, I will watch the Heat when they are on tv, because regardless of if LeBron is on the team, I do respect Pat Riley's hustle and I am still a basketball fan, and I think it will be interesting to see how this whole circus will play out.  One other thing, Miami better hope LeBron didn't lift the curse off of us with his actions and transferred it onto them, I wouldn't be surprised if he did though because his exit was dramatic enough to do so, especially since he's an hometown kid.

$%$$ still ended up being long 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

IMO leBron couldnt win no matter what his decision was.

If he stays in Cleveland, hes all about the money.

If he goes to NY/NJ, hes all about the limelight and the fame.

If he goes to Miami, hes taking the easy road to a title.

If he goes to Chicago, he'll NEVER live up to the 90-98 MJ teams.
That's true, it was a tough decision but I feel if there was more for him in Cleveland than any where else. He could've did something legendary in Cleveland. It was only a matter of time...He wins a title in Cleveland, he dispells the "curse" He could stand there with Jordan and Kobe and say "look what I did for my city", they say broad is the pathway to destruction and thats the lane he took. He stays in Cleveland and brings them just ONE title, he would've been the man. But Miami is what he chose and now we will see where that choice leads him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom