Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
aint no one gonna read that

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

^^^
laugh.gif
you still sound salty.... if he went to the knicks he wouldnt be a front runner?

you missed my point... its not even him joining my favorite team the knicks... he could have went to the bulls and proved his legacy... that is my point exactly... if your the supposedly the best player in the whole league than why cant you join the team where your the man and win a championship? wouldn't that be more gratifying? instead he went to go join another guys team just to win a championship... and i call that a chump and a ring chaser but what's worse with that is hes supposed to be the best player in the league.... let me put it into perspective.... lets just say kobe never won a championship ever and hes the best player in the league but never won one so he goes to join lebron whos the second best in the league to go team up just to win 1 ring... isn't that a chump move? point blank if your the supposed best player in the league you shouldn't have to join another person's team just to win 1... you should be the best player on that given team and then win 1....  look at jordan yes he played with pippen who was the 50 greatest but at the time pippen was not the top 5 in the league and maybe not top 10 in the league... and this is why i lost respect for lebron... he couldn't be the man to win 1 by himself... instead of a team built around him he had be a front runner and be in a team of 3 dominant players and take the easy way out... just imagine jordan, magic and kareem on the same team of course they would be a dynasty but what fun is that if you had to have a dominant team like that? i guess im old school where i feel players should compete against each other instead of join each each other to win a championship

did anyone ever think maybe...he dosent care about being the best ever. maybe he just wants to be rich and play basketball with his friends is a beautiful city...

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Will Cleveland even keep a team? I say they get rid of the franchise and move to Kansas City...
or to Seattle...

IMO leBron couldnt win no matter what his decision was.

If he stays in Cleveland, hes all about the money.

If he goes to NY/NJ, hes all about the limelight and the fame.

If he goes to Miami, hes taking the easy road to a title.

If he goes to Chicago, he'll NEVER live up to the 90-98 MJ teams.

The really funny part is that throughout his time in Cleveland, those who hated him were using him not wanting to win, him and being a spotlight +%*+*, him being about the money as an excuse as to why they hate him. But now that he actually takes a paycut and goes to share the spotlight with two other star players in a city where he has the best odds of winning a championship, 100% legit and by the books as any free agent that is entitled to join any team that wants him, he STILL gets hate.
laugh.gif

But no matter which one of the 30 teams in the NBA he chose to sign for, or whether he chose to sign for an European team, a Chinese team, an NBDL team, go to college and play ball, retire from basketball all together, people would find an excuse to hate. It's just funny how their reason for hating him to join the Heat is the weakest and lamest one considering the years of making fun of him for not being about winning.

my bad no hard feelings
laugh.gif
... im not hating on bron at all... in fact i rooted for him to win the championship every time when he was in cleveland because i despised kobe...all i'm saying is if you're a great player and supposed to be the greatest of all time then why can't you win it legit with players around you where your the man instead of being on a stacked team where your the number 2 guy.... i get it lebron wants to win and is not about the money and i respect that completely i really do but my point is well you see it in the first part of my post
laugh.gif

If you look at any NBA championship team in the past the chances are there are at least 2 all stars on it so I dont see how this team is any different. New coach and no PG could be a problem the first yr or two and lets not forget D.Wade needs to stay healthy for this to happen. (Bron has never had a major injury so lets hope it stays that way also) CB seems to be wearin a leg brace for the past few seasons so hes not exactly the picture of health either.

My point is if they can all stay healthy and if the coaching staff manage the team well they have a decent shot at a title, hell id even bring in Dwight howard in just to make sure the lakers dont see another championship and that fool dosent get his 6th ring cus hell never be like Mike!

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

IMO leBron couldnt win no matter what his decision was.

If he stays in Cleveland, hes all about the money.

If he goes to NY/NJ, hes all about the limelight and the fame.

If he goes to Miami, hes taking the easy road to a title.

If he goes to Chicago, he'll NEVER live up to the 90-98 MJ teams.

The really funny part is that throughout his time in Cleveland, those who hated him were using him not wanting to win, him and being a spotlight +%*+*, him being about the money as an excuse as to why they hate him. But now that he actually takes a paycut and goes to share the spotlight with two other star players in a city where he has the best odds of winning a championship, 100% legit and by the books as any free agent that is entitled to join any team that wants him, he STILL gets hate.
laugh.gif

But no matter which one of the 30 teams in the NBA he chose to sign for, or whether he chose to sign for an European team, a Chinese team, an NBDL team, go to college and play ball, retire from basketball all together, people would find an excuse to hate. It's just funny how their reason for hating him to join the Heat is the weakest and lamest one considering the years of making fun of him for not being about winning.
Some of us are not hating on him going to Miami to win a title. We're disappointed in him cuz he drew this out to national television for a hour with one of the most condescending sportscasters of all time to tell millions and his town that he's bouncing beach. He's a great player, no doubt about that, but his decision making takes a huge L.

Originally Posted by you go boy

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

^^^
laugh.gif
you still sound salty.... if he went to the knicks he wouldnt be a front runner?

you missed my point... its not even him joining my favorite team the knicks... he could have went to the bulls and proved his legacy... that is my point exactly... if your the supposedly the best player in the whole league than why cant you join the team where your the man and win a championship? wouldn't that be more gratifying? instead he went to go join another guys team just to win a championship... and i call that a chump and a ring chaser but what's worse with that is hes supposed to be the best player in the league.... let me put it into perspective.... lets just say kobe never won a championship ever and hes the best player in the league but never won one so he goes to join lebron whos the second best in the league to go team up just to win 1 ring... isn't that a chump move? point blank if your the supposed best player in the league you shouldn't have to join another person's team just to win 1... you should be the best player on that given team and then win 1....  look at jordan yes he played with pippen who was the 50 greatest but at the time pippen was not the top 5 in the league and maybe not top 10 in the league... and this is why i lost respect for lebron... he couldn't be the man to win 1 by himself... instead of a team built around him he had be a front runner and be in a team of 3 dominant players and take the easy way out... just imagine jordan, magic and kareem on the same team of course they would be a dynasty but what fun is that if you had to have a dominant team like that? i guess im old school where i feel players should compete against each other instead of join each each other to win a championship

Shaq did da same thing to orlando though and no one was cryin da way ppl are cryin over lebron...

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

I dont post much anymore - ive been lurking in the lebron thread since it started and I must say; ^^^This man spoke the truth. Long !!$ paragraphs lol but i read it all and its the realest thing ive read about this. Im from Cali if that matters. I truely didnt think lebron was gonna leave. Im going to be honest. I think he shouldve stayed.  Like others said, he went from being a Michael Jordan to a Dennis Rodman.

He had the best story any nba player could of had. He could of been that dude that made his hometown a championship team, made tons of money doing it and earn ONE THING THAT MONE COULD NEVER BUY: LOVE. He left Cleveland, he !%%+%% himself.

I was a big fan of his but after this, i wont be buying his shoes, jersey or anything. Dude is more arrogent than Kobe ever could or would be.

LEBRON BEING A LEGEND = OVER.
pimp.gif

Shaq did da same thing to orlando though and no one was cryin da way ppl are cryin over lebron...

Shaq wasn't the reigning 2 time MVP at the time. He didn't leave Orlando to team up with a superstar teammate to win a chip. Hell, if anything he left one (Penny). Shaq left Orlando to be a star and cement his legacy as being the Most Dominant Center ever.

The players in GOAT category (MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Kareem) all had help, true. But they never left and piggybacked of someone else. Name another NBA great (top 5 considered, which is what most LeBron homers predict he would have been) that left what was HIS TEAM to go to and become the supporting player for someone else's team.

What do all GOAT qualified players have in common? 1. Multiple championships 2. Individual accolades 3. Alpha Dog status on their respective teams.

Originally Posted by MrTracerBullet

Shaq wasn't the reigning 2 time MVP at the time. He didn't leave Orlando to team up with a superstar teammate to win a chip. Hell, if anything he left one (Penny). Shaq left Orlando to be a star and cement his legacy as being the Most Dominant Center ever.

The players in GOAT category (MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Kareem) all had help, true. But they never left and piggybacked of someone else. Name another NBA great (top 5 considered, which is what most LeBron homers predict he would have been) that left what was HIS TEAM to go to and become the supporting player for someone else's team.

What do all GOAT qualified players have in common? 1. Multiple championships 2. Individual accolades 3. Alpha Dog status on their respective teams.
you're telling me lebron will be a supporting player on the heat? the 2-time MVP and the best player in the L is going to play 2nd fiddle to wade and bosh? $%+!.

when the season starts, lebron will be the heat's best player. and he will continues to rack up MVPs despite playing with wade and bosh. we all know lebron will do spectacular things individually. his points will dip, but his assists will skyrocket, along with his rebounds, fg%....

trust me, his legacy will be even higher when he proves he can outshine 2 other stars on his own team and get the MVP while doing big things team-wise.

remember, kobe was 2nd fiddle to shaq when he had to play with another true superstar. lebron ain't no 2nd fiddle to wade. wade admitted himself lebron is a better player last year when he said lebron could win the MVP every year if he wanted to, it was lebron's award to lose.

the reason people are saying it's wade's team for now b/c wade has a longer history with this team. lebron hasn't played a game for the heat yet. when he does, it will remain to be the lebron's show. wade and bosh will provide the support.

trust me, lebron knows this. and he'll prove this.

watch for him to get a near triple double, most likely win another MVP for the reg. season. i have no doubt about that.

for him, he needs to get that ring. and he'll be the best player on that heat team when that does/will happen.

"supporting player"
roll.gif
funny

I don't understand why people are saying LeBron is 'ring chasing' or 'piggy backing', or going to be wade's 'sidekick'.

Please.

Although it has been Wade's team at the moment, when they step out on the court, Lebron is still the best player on the floor. That won't change. Just not by as wide of a margin as it usually is.
What if they start winning, and he wins another MVP, or Finals MVP? Is his legacy still tarnished?

People are overreacting now, but what people fail to see is that, although wade and bron may be pretty close right now, Wade is 28, so in a few years he'll be on the wrong side of 30, while Lebron will still be in his prime. It will clearly be Lebrons team then (if it isn't now), and if they keep winning chips, and lebron stacks up Finals MVPs, what tarnishment of his legacy will there be?

Would you rather have maybe 1-2 or possibly 0 rings as the undisputed alpha dog (thus cementing the fact you'll never be greater than Jordan or even Kobe), or possibly end up with 7-8, even if the first couple may not have been entirely about YOU?

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by MrTracerBullet

you're telling me lebron will be a supporting player on the heat? the 2-time MVP and the best player in the L is going to play 2nd fiddle to wade and bosh? %!!%.

when the season starts, lebron will be the heat's best player. and he will continues to rack up MVPs despite playing with wade and bosh. we all know lebron will do spectacular things individually. his points will dip, but his assists will skyrocket, along with his rebounds, fg%....

trust me, his legacy will be even higher when he proves he can outshine 2 other stars on his own team and get the MVP while doing big things team-wise.

remember, kobe was 2nd fiddle to shaq when he had to play with another true superstar. lebron ain't no 2nd fiddle to wade. wade admitted himself lebron is a better player last year when he said lebron could win the MVP every year if he wanted to, it was lebron's award to lose.

the reason people are saying it's wade's team for now b/c wade has a longer history with this team. lebron hasn't played a game for the heat yet. when he does, it will remain to be the lebron's show. wade and bosh will provide the support.

trust me, lebron knows this. and he'll prove this.

watch for him to get a near triple double, most likely win another MVP for the reg. season. i have no doubt about that.

for him, he needs to get that ring. and he'll be the best player on that heat team when that does/will happen.

"supporting player"
roll.gif
funny

I sure am. The Miami Heat is Dwayne Wade's team. He won the franchise's first championship.

True, LeBron maybe more talented, best player in the L, blah blah blah... but he's now public enemy #1 in the NBA. His public perception had gone down the toilet. The media and the fans will never accept him as #1 in Miami, let alone the league.

LeBron will be the ARod to Wade's Jeter.

All im saying is, is that instead of Lebron being the man on his team he chose to go join another guy who has already won. I just hate to see what could have been a great legacy destroyed bc of his 1 hr long presentation and his decision. Im not hating on him but you will never be able to compare him to KObe or The GOAT Jordan. He's not a closer and this proves it. Mark my words D Wade will be the one taking the final shot not Lebron. Nike is paying a supporting caster all this money for them to push his shoes, only for him to take the role of number 2 behind none other than a Jordan brand player. Could you imagine if Jordan decided I cant beat the Pistons so Im gonna sign with them? Or could you imagine if Karl Malone and Stockton decided to throw on a Bulls Jersey? Or how about Reggie Miller coming to the Knicks? Some things just shudnt happen.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Biggest shock was LeBron had no apology, no thank you, not a tear for Cleveland. Cold blooded. Emotionless. "Lucky to have me for 7 years."

and that's what's a bad look in my opinion and why there's so much backlash over, "The Decision"

he was a free agent, he had every right to go wherever he wanted, i don't think you can dispute that. but for someone that's so concerned about their image and their brand that callous handling of this was a bad look. he coulda made some b.s sob story even if he didn't mean it and handle this free agency the right way and there wouldn't be nowhere near the backlash he got from this.

he made the city that's known for taking L's and being the joke of the country become a city that other then in miami people are sympathizing for them sports wise actually wanna see good things happen to them now.

had he handled it right, i'm sure alot of cavs fans woulda been more accepting and appreciative for his 7 seasons playing for them and wished him well.  sure some would be mad but the majority woulda be grateful for his time with that team.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Were you expecting him to break down to his knees and cry?

laugh.gif
na not do all that, but give them some bs even if he didn't mean it. i think anyone can agree that outside of a few crazy fans,  had he handled this properly all the backlash would be on the cavaliers organization for him leaving and they woulda looked like the bad guys rather then him looking like the one who betrayed his city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom