Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW YORK -- Early television ratings for ESPN indicate there was twice as much interest in LeBron James' decision on where to play in the city he is leaving than in the city he's going to.

Preliminary Nielsen Co. ratings from the nation's 56 biggest cities show that more than seven of every 100 homes with television sets was tuned in to Thursday night's special. In Cleveland, one in every four homes tuned in to watch James say he was leaving the hometown Cavaliers. Nielsen's estimate of how many people watched nationwide, expected on Friday, was delayed until Monday.

In Miami, the show had a 12.8 rating.

http://sports.espn.go.com...=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

Some fans Miami's got
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aepps20

That 06 Greece squad was legit. Their pick n roll offense was something else.
Also remember the 3 point line is much shorter than the NBA

I see them winning 65 and losing in the eastern finals to Orlando. Wade and lebron won't be able to play as freely as they are used to. This will be a fail

Originally Posted by knightngale

Odom never matches up with lebron

go learn some basketball basics
eyes.gif

these dudes have early termination options on their contracts for 2014
you they arent as confident as they seem
dude if things go south you better believe Bron is bouncing

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by aepps20

That 06 Greece squad was legit. Their pick n roll offense was something else.
Also remember the 3 point line is much shorter than the NBA
If I recall Greece was one of the worst three point shooting teams going into that game.  My point was that Greece wasn't just a bunch of scrubs from a third world country.  Sure they don't have NBA talent but they play really well together.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Wade said "arguably the best trio to ever play the game"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
LOL please name one better
wow mr. maverick carter, your nba knowledge is lacking

60s lakers and celtics, 80s lakers and celtics just off the top of my head

Even if he wouldve joined the bulls... Carlos boozer is an olympian and Derrick Rose has a invite this year and is most likely going to make the team. That's two Olympians with Jokim, Dang, and that player from USC. Would everybody be up in arms over that decision also??
Way to show your NBA knowledge kid, 
roll.gif

Jokim = Joakim
Dang = Luol DENG
that player from USC = Taj Gibson

smh.gif

Sometimes dudes just need to play the sidelines.

Why are Laker fans getting in on this??

Can someone explain??

You guys just won a championship this year and last year yet most of the hate is coming from the left coast. Why??

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...nberg/07/08/lebron.event/index.html?eref=sihp

Interesting.

I don't hate the man for his decision though. Just the way that decision was executed. Totally tone-deaf from a PR view. And dude says he's worried about his brand? [cliche]Got 99 problems but a brand ain't one[/cliche], not after this %%%. Makes me wonder exactly what these clowns were thinking. I know you're a big time b-ballin' celebrity superstar in the age of info, and I know that includes the fishbowl within which you reside and try to live your life...but that's why you hire the minions, bro. To make you shine, to make you at least APPEAR like you give a !+$! about "the little people."

This is prime example why your marketing men shouldn't be your homies.

Taking a step back and looking at the actual on-court aspect of the situation, which to me is the important part...I'm really looking forward to seeing what this thing looks like. I'm not hating on the Heat at all, kudos for putting this together. But how will it work? You need support. Always. Just in my short history of watching basketball, a number of names pop up in my head who aren't even close to stars, but who have been a huge reason why a championship was won: Paxson. Horry. Kerr. Fisher. Even Avery Johnson. I mean, just last month Glen Davis and Nate Robinson took over a game for the Celtics and won it on their own. Both those guys will always have to pay cash money to get into the Hall of Fame just to see the exhibits.

Before you fit this Miami squad for rings, just wait and see how it works out. Yes, they pulled a coup because they each left a little dough on the table. That's the one thing I really respect about all of this is that, for once, I think this was really about winning for all involved. But, BUT, chemistry is a funny thing. Super-teams turn into Super-tragedies real fast. Ask Shaq and Kobe if it was a good idea to suit up with Payton and Malone. 

I know Lakers fans. I know.

LeBron James knows full well that this ruins his legacy. And if he doesn't, then he really is that far gone from reality. FACT: he's not even in the MJ conversation anymore. Not even in the speculation. It was odd seeing "Scottie Pippen" as the number one trending topic on Twitter last night immediately following this announcement. And while I'm a huge Pippen fan, and I love him, there hasn't been a whole lot of talk the past few years about LBJ possibly being the next Pippen. He was going to trancend the sport, be this generations GOAT.

"You were the chosen one."

Not to go all out dork on ya'll but that's the line that keeps going through my head.

And why not turn into Darth Vader? Why not be the heel? For real, LeBron has gone to the darkside and I think it would be killer if he continued to play it up. This team's gotta know they're the villains now. Why not just act bad as a $*%%%+#+%*#%?

I can't wait to see this. Really, I'm excited. Say what you want, but this is exciting, if only to see how some of these teams go after this squad, how some of the individual superstars react.

Kobe.

Christmas.

Cannot wait...

So I spell two names wrong and I know nothing about the NBA? Riiiiight.

But I can spell Probation and Seantrel Henderson to MIAMI.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Baylor, West & Wilt (3 HOFers)
Kareem, Magic & Worthy (3 HOFers)
Bird, McHale & Parrish (3 HOFers)
Jordan, Pippen & Rodman (2 HOFers)

this trio is combined with nba's best player and 2/3rd best player + bosh which is about top 10ish.

lol

that's argubly the greatest trio.

step up

Originally Posted by bob4rmmarketing

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Magic, Worthy, Kareem. 

lmao. kareem was 34 . and we talking about worthy here? wow
If my memory serves me correct, they won titles. And if your laughing about one of the 50 greatest players of all time in James Worthy, you are borderline insane. And that's just ONE trio that was better.  Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish. Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, in their FIRST year got a title, so put them over Lebron, D-Wade, and Bosh. HELL even Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen because even they got a ring. Lebron is an amazing basketball player. Dwayne Wade is an amazing basketball player. Chris Bosh, not even top 10 in the league. There goes your trio.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

that would make this trio top 5 (possibly higher, because they're all in their primes at the exact same time). so yeah, its definitely "arguable."

a quote i heard was "LeBron James just jumped into an elevator and wants us to think he can fly."

describes this situation perfectly, imo.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

you're a fool for that just including hofers
wade lebron bosh will be HOFers when they retire.

ya'll really gotta remember these dudes weren't at their peak when they played together.

think lol

oh yeah. including rodman was comedy. was he even top 10 in the nba back then? wow

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Magic, Worthy, Kareem. 

First, we haven't even seen this trio play together yet.  Time will tell if they can gel.  Dismissing Magic, Kareem and Worthy
laugh.gif
.  Proven winners.

I will throw out another one: Jordan, Pippen and Rodman.  Together for 3 years, titles all 3 years.  Let's see if this trio can top that
wink.gif

So I spell two names wrong and I know nothing about the NBA? Riiiiight.

But I can spell Probation and Seantrel Henderson to MIAMI.

niketalk

It's cool, Miami put themselves on self-probation by giving Randy Shannon and extension
laugh.gif

this trio is combined with nba's best player and 2/3rd best player + bosh which is about top 10ish.

lol

that's argubly the greatest trio.

step up
Forgot, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman....quit while your not ahead there champ.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Magic, Worthy, Kareem. 

First, we haven't even seen this trio play together yet.  Time will tell if they can gel.  Dismissing Magic, Kareem and Worthy
laugh.gif
.  Proven winners.

I will throw out another one: Jordan, Pippen and Rodman.  Together for 3 years, titles all 3 years.  Let's see if this trio can top that
wink.gif
Smart man you are.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Magic, Worthy, Kareem. 

If my memory serves me correct, they won titles. And if your laughing about one of the 50 greatest players of all time in James Worthy, you are borderline insane. And that's just ONE trio that was better.  Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish. Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, in their FIRST year got a title, so put them over Lebron, D-Wade, and Bosh. HELL even Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen because even they got a ring. Lebron is an amazing basketball player. Dwayne Wade is an amazing basketball player. Chris Bosh, not even top 10 in the league. There goes your trio.

bob. come on. only reason worthy was renamed top 50 greatest was because his rings playing alongside of magic and kareem.
at his talent level, he's not top 50 greatest.

worthy wouldn't even smelll rings if he was the go to guy.  come on bob....really

IMO if Miami wants to win they better put the effort in on the defensive side of the ball. If the Defense is solid they will be very good.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Magic, Worthy, Kareem. 

bob. come on. only reason worthy was renamed top 50 greatest was because his rings playing alongside of magic and kareem.

worthy wouldn't even smelll rings if he was the go to guy.  come on bob....really
Isn't your logic flawed, since the only guy in your trio that has won a ring as the "go to guy" is Wade.  James couldn't do it, Bosh never got close.

neither would Bosh.

Bron also just told us he can't win a ring as the main cog on a team. he admitted it on live television for all to see

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Magic, Worthy, Kareem. 

Burn your keyboard. 1988 NBA FINALS MVP with a triple-double in GAME 7 of the Finals. not top 50 at his talent level??? is Maverick there with you right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom