[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

our new coach...

this cant be life.
roll.gif
sick.gif
Ok nvm i changed my mind. Forget Mike Brown

I can't believe this. I honestly can't sleep because of this. Mike brown. Mike ef'n brown? Wow. Just wow. Mike brown? Wow.

If it's defense we want, isn't Jerry sloan a defensive coach?

Mike brown? Mike brown? Wow.

I can't believe this. I honestly can't sleep because of this. Mike brown. Mike ef'n brown? Wow. Just wow. Mike brown? Wow.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Your post reminded me of Jim Mora's "playoffs" rant, but replaced with "Mike Brown"

Your post reminded me of Jim Mora's "playoffs" rant, but replaced with "Mike Brown"

I dont think Jerry wants to coach. Plus Karl Malone prob threw salt on the idea due to he and Kobe's past issues.

I dont think Jerry wants to coach. Plus Karl Malone prob threw salt on the idea due to he and Kobe's past issues.

Man I seriously hope the contract talks break down and Mike Brown is not the Lakers next coach.
Brown, 41, became the front-runner because Jim Buss, the team's executive vice president of player personnel, was impressed with his defense-minded style.
mad.gif

Damn you Jim Buss you are becoming the Al Davis of this franchise
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

This guy was responsible for hiring Rudy Tomjanovich after the first time Phil Jackson was let go. He's also the guy mainly responsible for drafting Andrew Bynum and is the reason why the Lakers refuse to trade Bynum.

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...525,0,3161872,full.story

Man I seriously hope the contract talks break down and Mike Brown is not the Lakers next coach.
Brown, 41, became the front-runner because Jim Buss, the team's executive vice president of player personnel, was impressed with his defense-minded style.
mad.gif

Damn you Jim Buss you are becoming the Al Davis of this franchise
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

This guy was responsible for hiring Rudy Tomjanovich after the first time Phil Jackson was let go. He's also the guy mainly responsible for drafting Andrew Bynum and is the reason why the Lakers refuse to trade Bynum.

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...525,0,3161872,full.story

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Karl is huntin lil mexican girls he aint worried about what sloan is doin...for me it was either JVG or bust.

Karl is huntin lil mexican girls he aint worried about what sloan is doin...for me it was either JVG or bust.

There still is HOPE

Mike Brown as the next coach is not a done deal yet.Even though the reports are coming from Chris Broussard that money and length of the contract may derail Mike Brown from becoming our next coach and that he may be using us so that the Warriors offer more money and more guaranteed money.

"... Sources told Broussard that while a deal could be struck as early as Wednesday, it's also possible a deal will not happen if Brown does not get enough security -- in terms of years and money -- to empower him as coach. No formal offer has been extended to Brown however, according to an individual with knowledge of the negotiating process. At least one source close to the process said he believed the Lakers might prefer one candidate right now, but "it might be a game of chicken" and the team could move on to another candidate very quickly if negotiations do not go well..."

Next in line appear to be Rick Adelman and Mike Dunleavy, with Brian Shaw's candidacy falling behind. That Shaw would find himself on the outs doesn't surprise me. Nothing about the organization's posture since the end of the season indicates they've been particularly enamored with turning the keys over to a) a first time head coach, and b) a holdover from the Jackson era. While both appreciate the results, neither Dr. Buss nor Jim Buss have ever been passionate advocates of Jackson's system. As P.J. noted in his exit interview, he didn't speak to Jim Buss at all during the season.

Link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/l...us-talks-with-mike-brown

oianu9.gif

11bjiah.jpg

Come on Warriors ownership and Jerry West.

Please throw more money at Mike Brown.

There still is HOPE

Mike Brown as the next coach is not a done deal yet.Even though the reports are coming from Chris Broussard that money and length of the contract may derail Mike Brown from becoming our next coach and that he may be using us so that the Warriors offer more money and more guaranteed money.

"... Sources told Broussard that while a deal could be struck as early as Wednesday, it's also possible a deal will not happen if Brown does not get enough security -- in terms of years and money -- to empower him as coach. No formal offer has been extended to Brown however, according to an individual with knowledge of the negotiating process. At least one source close to the process said he believed the Lakers might prefer one candidate right now, but "it might be a game of chicken" and the team could move on to another candidate very quickly if negotiations do not go well..."

Next in line appear to be Rick Adelman and Mike Dunleavy, with Brian Shaw's candidacy falling behind. That Shaw would find himself on the outs doesn't surprise me. Nothing about the organization's posture since the end of the season indicates they've been particularly enamored with turning the keys over to a) a first time head coach, and b) a holdover from the Jackson era. While both appreciate the results, neither Dr. Buss nor Jim Buss have ever been passionate advocates of Jackson's system. As P.J. noted in his exit interview, he didn't speak to Jim Buss at all during the season.

Link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/l...us-talks-with-mike-brown

oianu9.gif

11bjiah.jpg

Come on Warriors ownership and Jerry West.

Please throw more money at Mike Brown.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Dude came out a day after Sloan left to put someone in the organization on blast. While he didnt say names trust he and Sloan are still tight.
Rudy T was not a bad hire though imo
I personally think when you dont know who you want you pick the guy closest to the team and thats Shaw.
Unless Brian starts teaching zen its going to be a totally different experience for everyone.
+ Kobe flatout respects Shaw, and Brown Rick Adelman and Mike Dunleavy cannot say that.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Dude came out a day after Sloan left to put someone in the organization on blast. While he didnt say names trust he and Sloan are still tight.
Rudy T was not a bad hire though imo
I personally think when you dont know who you want you pick the guy closest to the team and thats Shaw.
Unless Brian starts teaching zen its going to be a totally different experience for everyone.
+ Kobe flatout respects Shaw, and Brown Rick Adelman and Mike Dunleavy cannot say that.

Back
Top Bottom