[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by AG 47

Question. If we cannot pull off any trades, do you think we can still win next year through FA alone?
Yes. 

7 weeks extra off, meaning Kobe should be healthier, Bynum doesn't have any new injury stuff to rehab, so he can focus on getting stronger, as well as losing weight.  Pau just took it on the chin, he has no choice but to respond.  And Lamar will be playing for a contract (as will Bynum) 

You add that up, and yes, we will be around again next year.  (provided we stay healthy as the season goes along) 

Secondarily, if Shannon and Barnes stay with us, they too will be looking for contracts, that may help us with them. 

Ron, Fish, and Blake being the wild cards.  Throw in a possible improvement from Ebanks and we may add some youth, slashing, finishing, defensive type on the wing. 

We have the pieces, always have, but playing in 70 playoff games over 3 years wears a team down.  This playoff run flat out proved it.  It's not the only reason we lost, not at all, but it was a contributing factor.  Add to that the way we responded after being embarrassed in 08, we should respond the same after being embarrassed in 11. 

Dwight or no Dwight, we will be there next year.  Does that = automatic title?  No, of course not.  But in the hunt, yes absolutely. 

I agree. Also, I really like how Trey Johnson played for us (only a couple of games) any clue on what he's going to do?

Kareem on the radio this morning studdering and stammering his way complaining about the Lakers........oh, what's that?  Kareem has a movie to promote?  Ya don't say.......
30t6p3b.gif

Talkin about bein put in a seat that he wasn't comfortable in on the plane back from ORLD when their were better seats available. 
indifferent.gif

How's your relationship with Mitch?  Good
How's your relationship with Buss?  Ok

Then what the @#$% are you complaining about then damn it? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He jealous of Magic.  You can hear it in the way he talks.  He mad that Magic gets a ton of credit/part ownership treated well, even got to coach for a minute, and Kareem doesn't get any of that.  He danced around Magic's name bein brought up BIG time.  But said he gets along great with Worthy, and Nixon etc etc.  I see you KAJ. 

funny thing is... magic praises him ALL THE TIME during interviews and stuff... but him being a little "slighted" about the statue is
eyes.gif

Kareem on the radio this morning studdering and stammering his way complaining about the Lakers........oh, what's that?  Kareem has a movie to promote?  Ya don't say.......
30t6p3b.gif

Talkin about bein put in a seat that he wasn't comfortable in on the plane back from ORLD when their were better seats available. 
indifferent.gif

How's your relationship with Mitch?  Good
How's your relationship with Buss?  Ok

Then what the @#$% are you complaining about then damn it? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He jealous of Magic.  You can hear it in the way he talks.  He mad that Magic gets a ton of credit/part ownership treated well, even got to coach for a minute, and Kareem doesn't get any of that.  He danced around Magic's name bein brought up BIG time.  But said he gets along great with Worthy, and Nixon etc etc.  I see you KAJ. 

funny thing is... magic praises him ALL THE TIME during interviews and stuff... but him being a little "slighted" about the statue is
eyes.gif

Kareem always seemed like a douche. All my homies always said he ignored them and ishh
laugh.gif

I still think we can win i just want an upgrade over Fisher and get rid of Shannon. All the starters would be highly motivated to win like when we lost in '08 and tore the league up in '09 defeating the top teams.

Kareem always seemed like a douche. All my homies always said he ignored them and ishh
laugh.gif

I still think we can win i just want an upgrade over Fisher and get rid of Shannon. All the starters would be highly motivated to win like when we lost in '08 and tore the league up in '09 defeating the top teams.

anyone think we can move up in the draft?
and grab marshon brooks, a guy that can create his own shot.
get dwight howard,
gonna be 96 all over again?

anyone think we can move up in the draft?
and grab marshon brooks, a guy that can create his own shot.
get dwight howard,
gonna be 96 all over again?

I was just having this talk about statues with somebody today.

I think out side the center they should create a bench and throw all the legends on it talking and interacting with each, sort of like fraternity bonding type. you got magic in the passing pose showing somebody on the bench how to pass, KAJ talking about the skyhook, shaq's on the bench, kobe, worthy, fish is lowkey a laker great too, his clutch shooting saved us many times, you got phil on there, pat riley and at the end....jack. I think they would be illl.

as far as kobes individual stautue, him in a fadeaway poses would be fly. or the flexing his jersey too. or of course the gopher face is much in the clutch..

I think out side the center they should create a bench and throw all the legends on it talking and interacting with each, sort of like fraternity bonding type. you got magic in the passing pose showing somebody on the bench how to pass, KAJ talking about the skyhook, shaq's on the bench, kobe, worthy, fish is lowkey a laker great too, his clutch shooting saved us many times, you got phil on there, pat riley and at the end....jack. I think they would be illl.

as far as kobes individual stautue, him in a fadeaway poses would be fly. or the flexing his jersey too. or of course the gopher face is much in the clutch..

Having your jersey retired is good enough Kareem. Seems like it's a consensus from most who encountered him that Kareem is somewhat of a jerk...I've even seen him deny a little kid an autograph with my own eyes. I just can't see any of his complaints being validated...they really read just like something a jealous ex would say. Phil got 12 million, I had to take a pay cut. The coaching staff flew 1st class, I had to fly coach. Magic and Logo got statues, I haven't gotten one, etc. Give me a break man 
ohwell.gif

Having your jersey retired is good enough Kareem. Seems like it's a consensus from most who encountered him that Kareem is somewhat of a jerk...I've even seen him deny a little kid an autograph with my own eyes. I just can't see any of his complaints being validated...they really read just like something a jealous ex would say. Phil got 12 million, I had to take a pay cut. The coaching staff flew 1st class, I had to fly coach. Magic and Logo got statues, I haven't gotten one, etc. Give me a break man 
ohwell.gif

I think Kareem went about it the wrong way. Saying the Laker don't care about him, was being too harsh.

But with that said, he should have gotten a statue around the same time Magic did.
I wish they can relocate that Oscar De La Hoya statue to East LA., to make room for the "Cap"  
laugh.gif

I think Kareem went about it the wrong way. Saying the Laker don't care about him, was being too harsh.

But with that said, he should have gotten a statue around the same time Magic did.
I wish they can relocate that Oscar De La Hoya statue to East LA., to make room for the "Cap"  
laugh.gif

I've personally never been a fan of the guy off the court, he's always come off as very self-absorbed and one minded. I'm sure many celebrity athletes are, but it doesn't seem like he can even fake it sometimes...
Lots of stories about him being upset when people ask him for autographs and whatnot...

Just seems like a single damn isn't given for anyone but himself, everyday of his life.

I've personally never been a fan of the guy off the court, he's always come off as very self-absorbed and one minded. I'm sure many celebrity athletes are, but it doesn't seem like he can even fake it sometimes...
Lots of stories about him being upset when people ask him for autographs and whatnot...

Just seems like a single damn isn't given for anyone but himself, everyday of his life.

Was anyone listening to 710 while Kareem was on? He kept saying it was about the principle. More like a publicity stunt to me, though there are some obvious issues between him and the organization.

Was anyone listening to 710 while Kareem was on? He kept saying it was about the principle. More like a publicity stunt to me, though there are some obvious issues between him and the organization.

Originally Posted by Freeze

I remember I saw a photo of the Celtics bench photo shopped with Bird, KG, Pierce, and some other players. I can never find it, but imagine a Lakers bench with legends?
eek.gif

Edit: found the picture. Tell me this wouldn't be nice, if it was the Lakers bench full of legends.
29vi79s.jpg

Originally Posted by Freeze

I remember I saw a photo of the Celtics bench photo shopped with Bird, KG, Pierce, and some other players. I can never find it, but imagine a Lakers bench with legends?
eek.gif

Edit: found the picture. Tell me this wouldn't be nice, if it was the Lakers bench full of legends.
29vi79s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom