[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
That's the exact pose I had in mind. 
laugh.gif

KAJ should be the skyhook

Kobe's, I dunno what Kobe's should be.  Could be a jumper, a dunk, the stupid scowl, I dunno. 

kobe81resizedir8.jpg

but would it be 24 or 8?
nerd.gif

4063631800_24ff5e7a86_z.jpg

this will be pretty cool too but it's too jordanesque
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
CP

kobe-bryant-reverse-layup1.jpg

kobebry_627_071129.jpg

16_78646283.jpg

eversedunk.jpg

I think these are more Kobe "signature moves" Don't know how they would go into a statue though
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
CP

kobe-bryant-reverse-layup1.jpg

kobebry_627_071129.jpg

16_78646283.jpg

eversedunk.jpg

I think these are more Kobe "signature moves" Don't know how they would go into a statue though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Shaq should obviously have his jersey in the rafters, but I don't think a statue is appropriate. Yes he won 3 titles here and played more years here than with any other team, but Kobe is and always has been a Laker. Same with Magic. Kareem was on the Bucks but he is thought of as a Laker. To me anyways, Shaq doesn't have as strong of a connotation as being a Laker since he played with so many other teams for like half his career. I don't hold anything against him for playing for the Celtics, but IMO statues should be for guys who played most of their career with that team. Kobe, Kareem, Magic, those guys ARE and always WILL BE Lakers. You can't really say that about Shaq.
Actually I really agree with this

Except for the lsat line. Shaq will always be a Laker in history's eyes. People will remember him in Purple and Gold before any other team he played for.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Shaq should obviously have his jersey in the rafters, but I don't think a statue is appropriate. Yes he won 3 titles here and played more years here than with any other team, but Kobe is and always has been a Laker. Same with Magic. Kareem was on the Bucks but he is thought of as a Laker. To me anyways, Shaq doesn't have as strong of a connotation as being a Laker since he played with so many other teams for like half his career. I don't hold anything against him for playing for the Celtics, but IMO statues should be for guys who played most of their career with that team. Kobe, Kareem, Magic, those guys ARE and always WILL BE Lakers. You can't really say that about Shaq.
Actually I really agree with this

Except for the lsat line. Shaq will always be a Laker in history's eyes. People will remember him in Purple and Gold before any other team he played for.

Kareem is really pissed about the way that the Lakers organization is treating him. I just read some of his tweets and it's really disappointing to read.

They should make a McFarlane for him, as well. Top scoring leader in the NBA and no statue and McFarlane? I would be pissed too
laugh.gif

Kareem is really pissed about the way that the Lakers organization is treating him. I just read some of his tweets and it's really disappointing to read.

They should make a McFarlane for him, as well. Top scoring leader in the NBA and no statue and McFarlane? I would be pissed too
laugh.gif

Kobes would be dope if they put 24 on the front and 8 on the back or vice versa. Itll be interesting to see what # gets retired, if not both? I haven't seen anyone wear 8 on the Lakeshow since Mamba.

KobeBryant.jpg

OR

kobe81resizedir8.jpg

Shaq should definitely get his own statue, sure he's been annoying and childish towards LA/Kobe since he's left but theres no doubt he played a big, if not the biggest, role in 3 straight championships.

shaq_dunk2.jpg

OR

Shaq-Dunking.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

OR

116900d1199739471-post-pics-of-people-getting-dunked-on-pollard.jpg

Kobes would be dope if they put 24 on the front and 8 on the back or vice versa. Itll be interesting to see what # gets retired, if not both? I haven't seen anyone wear 8 on the Lakeshow since Mamba.

KobeBryant.jpg

OR

kobe81resizedir8.jpg

Shaq should definitely get his own statue, sure he's been annoying and childish towards LA/Kobe since he's left but theres no doubt he played a big, if not the biggest, role in 3 straight championships.

shaq_dunk2.jpg

OR

Shaq-Dunking.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

OR

116900d1199739471-post-pics-of-people-getting-dunked-on-pollard.jpg

Jabaar has always had a odd personality. He was told the next one was gonna be his, and they can't just put one up every damn year......and he's still mad and feels ignored? come on, he knows how much the lakers and people love him.

Jabaar has always had a odd personality. He was told the next one was gonna be his, and they can't just put one up every damn year......and he's still mad and feels ignored? come on, he knows how much the lakers and people love him.

we should also have mikan! that is the original laker! baylor too, he put us up there too. how about wilt? is it too much to ask to have all our players who have their numbers retired get a statue?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

so imagine staples in several years. we could have shaq, kobe, mikan, wilt, west, kareem, magic, baylor, goodrich, worthy, chick. damn we are spoiled
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

we should also have mikan! that is the original laker! baylor too, he put us up there too. how about wilt? is it too much to ask to have all our players who have their numbers retired get a statue?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

so imagine staples in several years. we could have shaq, kobe, mikan, wilt, west, kareem, magic, baylor, goodrich, worthy, chick. damn we are spoiled
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by LDJ

"..... not 5, not 6, not 7" C'mon bruh, you better than that. Everyone and their mama knew why he switched jerseys. Jerry West was thirsting hard for young Kobe, there are many interviews, articles and documentaries. So what's your point? Nice try my good friend.

Exactly Kobe stated that he wanted to be placed in a winning situation, He was suppose to be drafted by the grizz or hornets. He adamently stated if im not placed where i can play and not waste away on a losing squad, im going to college. True West wanted him. But it was a win/win for them both. Same as how teams were thirsting for LeBron. He was a free agent tho is my point. I could see if he said, i better be placed which superstars on a winning team, or have superstars placed on my team (btw is what Kobe did those yrs after Shaq, who he had a huge hand in forcing out LAL.)

He outright said i want allstars superstars, or im leaving. So yes you correct in one aspect kobe didnt leave to go with superstars. But look at the organization and the city period. LAL could pull off to get superstars, Cavs management wasnt/dont have the business smarts to bring superstars to CLE, plus the city doesnt have the appeal, or the team legacy that the LA has. So LeBron really didnt have much choice to leave.

Staying in CLE he would never have won anything simply because it takes more then one allstar superstar to win, and cavs management arent saavy enough to get one, and the city/state will never have the appeal to get a person to want to go there to play.

Let me ask you something... When you think of the Chicago Bulls, what player do you think of first?

Jordan right?

Now think of the Chicago Bulls BEFORE Jordan. Can you think of anybody? Anything? Anywhere?

Nope.

Jordan MADE the Chicago Bulls. LeBron was in the same boat as Jordan.

So please stop with the whole "Cleveland isn't a franchise market, Cleveland this, Cleveland that.... ect" because I ain't buying it.

You want to talk about appeal? legacy? financial management? Then LeBron's *** should have went to New York.

But nope, he didn't! You know why? Because you and I both know he went to Miami because he wanted it the easy way!

"Not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7...."

And Jim Brown made/was the face of the Cleveland Browns, And how many championships did they win again? Um how many other superstars could they get to join the great Jim Brown so the could get a ring again?

Lets face facts cleveland is the ithole of the usa. It is arguably the worse most horrid place to be in the usa. No one desires to be there you are just there do to misfortune. Granted  he made the cleveland cavs a popular team, but thats it. He couldnt make the city as a whole desirable enough for any one to play there, and again I say the management arent good enough businessman to aquire trades etc to get good players.

As far as your bulls and jordan. But the Bulls had one of the highest payrolls and is a desired place to play and live.  Again chicago is a nice and popular city. Also the organization of the bulls are far more saavy and better businessmen then the cavs. I cant even believe you would compare chicago as a organization/city to cleveland....lol. Thats hilarious.

And your answer to new york, um lol ok have you seen what the knicks have done as far as an organization prior to this year. You kidding me right lol? You cannot be serious in comparing the eddy currys, the stephon marbury fiascos, isiah thomas, hell 100mill to a retired allan houston. Is this what you called wise, financial decisions? I guess we have a difference in opinion in success, and wise decisions.

Lets also not forget LeBron said he wanted a change of scenery, weather environment. but your right the environment/weather is sooo sooo different in nyc as oppose to cleveland. Its practically like night and day huh? As far as this whole legacy, know one looks at nyc as a bball mecca any more except those elitist nyc ballers who lack fundamentals to go pro, and discipline and skill set to be the apart of the harlem globtrotters.

Pat Riley is a great management and decision of talent. You cannot honestly think the management of riley pales to those of the knicks lol, and whats even more absurd, the cavs. Hell the little time the heat has been a bball organization they have accomplished more then the cavs 10 fold. Hell ill go on to say more then any organization in clevland. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

"..... not 5, not 6, not 7" C'mon bruh, you better than that. Everyone and their mama knew why he switched jerseys. Jerry West was thirsting hard for young Kobe, there are many interviews, articles and documentaries. So what's your point? Nice try my good friend.

Exactly Kobe stated that he wanted to be placed in a winning situation, He was suppose to be drafted by the grizz or hornets. He adamently stated if im not placed where i can play and not waste away on a losing squad, im going to college. True West wanted him. But it was a win/win for them both. Same as how teams were thirsting for LeBron. He was a free agent tho is my point. I could see if he said, i better be placed which superstars on a winning team, or have superstars placed on my team (btw is what Kobe did those yrs after Shaq, who he had a huge hand in forcing out LAL.)

He outright said i want allstars superstars, or im leaving. So yes you correct in one aspect kobe didnt leave to go with superstars. But look at the organization and the city period. LAL could pull off to get superstars, Cavs management wasnt/dont have the business smarts to bring superstars to CLE, plus the city doesnt have the appeal, or the team legacy that the LA has. So LeBron really didnt have much choice to leave.

Staying in CLE he would never have won anything simply because it takes more then one allstar superstar to win, and cavs management arent saavy enough to get one, and the city/state will never have the appeal to get a person to want to go there to play.

Let me ask you something... When you think of the Chicago Bulls, what player do you think of first?

Jordan right?

Now think of the Chicago Bulls BEFORE Jordan. Can you think of anybody? Anything? Anywhere?

Nope.

Jordan MADE the Chicago Bulls. LeBron was in the same boat as Jordan.

So please stop with the whole "Cleveland isn't a franchise market, Cleveland this, Cleveland that.... ect" because I ain't buying it.

You want to talk about appeal? legacy? financial management? Then LeBron's *** should have went to New York.

But nope, he didn't! You know why? Because you and I both know he went to Miami because he wanted it the easy way!

"Not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7...."

And Jim Brown made/was the face of the Cleveland Browns, And how many championships did they win again? Um how many other superstars could they get to join the great Jim Brown so the could get a ring again?

Lets face facts cleveland is the ithole of the usa. It is arguably the worse most horrid place to be in the usa. No one desires to be there you are just there do to misfortune. Granted  he made the cleveland cavs a popular team, but thats it. He couldnt make the city as a whole desirable enough for any one to play there, and again I say the management arent good enough businessman to aquire trades etc to get good players.

As far as your bulls and jordan. But the Bulls had one of the highest payrolls and is a desired place to play and live.  Again chicago is a nice and popular city. Also the organization of the bulls are far more saavy and better businessmen then the cavs. I cant even believe you would compare chicago as a organization/city to cleveland....lol. Thats hilarious.

And your answer to new york, um lol ok have you seen what the knicks have done as far as an organization prior to this year. You kidding me right lol? You cannot be serious in comparing the eddy currys, the stephon marbury fiascos, isiah thomas, hell 100mill to a retired allan houston. Is this what you called wise, financial decisions? I guess we have a difference in opinion in success, and wise decisions.

Lets also not forget LeBron said he wanted a change of scenery, weather environment. but your right the environment/weather is sooo sooo different in nyc as oppose to cleveland. Its practically like night and day huh? As far as this whole legacy, know one looks at nyc as a bball mecca any more except those elitist nyc ballers who lack fundamentals to go pro, and discipline and skill set to be the apart of the harlem globtrotters.

Pat Riley is a great management and decision of talent. You cannot honestly think the management of riley pales to those of the knicks lol, and whats even more absurd, the cavs. Hell the little time the heat has been a bball organization they have accomplished more then the cavs 10 fold. Hell ill go on to say more then any organization in clevland. 

Back
Top Bottom