[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Why are you guys talking about mentioning ol crab dribble up in this thread? This is the LAKERS off season thread.

He has nothing to do with us.

Why are you guys talking about mentioning ol crab dribble up in this thread? This is the LAKERS off season thread.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

QFT.

lets keep it going with coaches and etc.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

QFT.

lets keep it going with coaches and etc.

DubA169 wrote:
Staples Center features three Lakers statues, including Magic Johnson, Chick Hearn and Jerry West, which was unveiled in February during NBA All-Star weekend. Staples Center also features statues depicting hockey player Wayne Gretzky and boxer Oscar De La Hoya. Johnson's statue was dedicated during the NBA All-Star game in Los Angeles in 2004, while Hearn's statue was unveiled last season. The six-time NBA MVP expressed even more disappointment in a statement released subsequently by his business manager.

"I am highly offended by the total lack of acknowledgement of my contribution to Laker success," Abdul-Jabbar was quoted as saying. "I guess being the lynchpin for five world championships is not considered significant enough in terms of being part of Laker history."

30t6p3b.gif

This needs to happen.  Seein a statue of that skyhook is too easy.  Do it Mitch. 

DubA169 wrote:
Staples Center features three Lakers statues, including Magic Johnson, Chick Hearn and Jerry West, which was unveiled in February during NBA All-Star weekend. Staples Center also features statues depicting hockey player Wayne Gretzky and boxer Oscar De La Hoya. Johnson's statue was dedicated during the NBA All-Star game in Los Angeles in 2004, while Hearn's statue was unveiled last season. The six-time NBA MVP expressed even more disappointment in a statement released subsequently by his business manager.

"I am highly offended by the total lack of acknowledgement of my contribution to Laker success," Abdul-Jabbar was quoted as saying. "I guess being the lynchpin for five world championships is not considered significant enough in terms of being part of Laker history."

30t6p3b.gif

This needs to happen.  Seein a statue of that skyhook is too easy.  Do it Mitch. 

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Shaq, Kobe, Kareem all deserve one

he hasn't burned enough bridges yet?
half of the laker fanbase adored shaq when he was here...dudes suddenly became kobe fans when lakers started winning

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Shaq, Kobe, Kareem all deserve one

he hasn't burned enough bridges yet?
half of the laker fanbase adored shaq when he was here...dudes suddenly became kobe fans when lakers started winning

when i think of laker statues, i think of people with great ties to LA. magic and jerry west were contributors to the lakers organization after they played with them. following that formula, i think kareem gets one. he definetely deserves a statue out there.

shaq, i dont think so. i believe he should get his number retired, but not a statue. just my opinion though.

when i think of laker statues, i think of people with great ties to LA. magic and jerry west were contributors to the lakers organization after they played with them. following that formula, i think kareem gets one. he definetely deserves a statue out there.

shaq, i dont think so. i believe he should get his number retired, but not a statue. just my opinion though.

Shaq should obviously have his jersey in the rafters, but I don't think a statue is appropriate. Yes he won 3 titles here and played more years here than with any other team, but Kobe is and always has been a Laker. Same with Magic. Kareem was on the Bucks but he is thought of as a Laker. To me anyways, Shaq doesn't have as strong of a connotation as being a Laker since he played with so many other teams for like half his career. I don't hold anything against him for playing for the Celtics, but IMO statues should be for guys who played most of their career with that team. Kobe, Kareem, Magic, those guys ARE and always WILL BE Lakers. You can't really say that about Shaq.

Shaq should obviously have his jersey in the rafters, but I don't think a statue is appropriate. Yes he won 3 titles here and played more years here than with any other team, but Kobe is and always has been a Laker. Same with Magic. Kareem was on the Bucks but he is thought of as a Laker. To me anyways, Shaq doesn't have as strong of a connotation as being a Laker since he played with so many other teams for like half his career. I don't hold anything against him for playing for the Celtics, but IMO statues should be for guys who played most of their career with that team. Kobe, Kareem, Magic, those guys ARE and always WILL BE Lakers. You can't really say that about Shaq.

^
That's the exact pose I had in mind. 
laugh.gif

KAJ should be the skyhook

Kobe's, I dunno what Kobe's should be.  Could be a jumper, a dunk, the stupid scowl, I dunno. 

^
laugh.gif

Kobe's, I dunno what Kobe's should be.  Could be a jumper, a dunk, the stupid scowl, I dunno. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
laugh.gif

kobe81resizedir8.jpg

but would it be 24 or 8?
nerd.gif

4063631800_24ff5e7a86_z.jpg

this will be pretty cool too but it's too jordanesque
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom